00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

0llybros just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Official Pokemon Hg/ss Thread

68,464 Views | 1,021 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Official Pokemon Hg/ss Thread 2010-04-13 10:36:23

At 4/13/10 10:19 AM, TheMaster wrote:
At 4/13/10 09:21 AM, Auz wrote: You can just press B while it's evolving you know. That way you don't have to waste your valuable item slot with something as useless as the everstone.
Everstone held by a female Pokemon (or Ditto) when breeding results in a 50% chance of the offspring having the same nature as the mother.

This is incredibly useful, since as long as you have a Ditto with the right nature, you can get whatever nature on want on whatever Pokemon you want.

Yeah, but for the purposes he is using it for (to not evolve Quilava) it is not necessary to give him an everstone. You can just cancel the evolution, which might be annoying to do after every level but you can at least give him a better item. Like Charcoal.

I think in the original version the everstone really was useless by the way. You didn't have natures yet so it was only to stop evolution =/

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to Official Pokemon Hg/ss Thread 2010-04-13 11:16:31

At 4/12/10 06:34 PM, Psychopathic-Mind wrote: Does anyone else hate how the people on your cell phone call almost every time you open the DS to tell you irrelevant details? "Howdy! My Rattata is special! It's, like, in the top percentage of Rattata!" "I look like my Psyduck!" "My Cubone looks pretty today!" I miss the Vs Seeker, it was quiet...

I don't understand. I catch a Lugia, and someone calls like "hey, what's up" I'm like, "Man, just got out of whirl islands. Caught me a Lugia." Then they ask to battle me. >.> Not only that, I have to go find them.

Response to Official Pokemon Hg/ss Thread 2010-04-13 17:44:21

At 4/13/10 06:31 AM, TheMaster wrote: http://www.serebii.net/heartgoldsoulsilv er/savings.shtml

She doesn't buy you Master Balls. It just doesn't happen.

Really? Maybe it was from mystery gift then. That's weird because I did get a masterball from one of those delivery guys.

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

Response to Official Pokemon Hg/ss Thread 2010-04-13 17:52:55

I made it all the way to Lance today and his dragonyte kicked all my pokemon's asses. ( of course it fucking knows thunder )

Unfortunately the only strong pokemon I have that can learn an ice attack are all weak against that damn electric attacks. It's too bad since I spent so much time preparing, I have very little money on me and it isn't like there is much I can do to make more at the moment with most trainers on the roads defeated.

Gamertag: Catspirit123

home forum

BBS Signature

Response to Official Pokemon Hg/ss Thread 2010-04-13 17:57:00

At 4/13/10 05:52 PM, fawnret wrote: I made it all the way to Lance today and his dragonyte kicked all my pokemon's asses. ( of course it fucking knows thunder )

Unfortunately the only strong pokemon I have that can learn an ice attack are all weak against that damn electric attacks. It's too bad since I spent so much time preparing, I have very little money on me and it isn't like there is much I can do to make more at the moment with most trainers on the roads defeated.

You needed to train a Geodude/Graveler throughout the game. Let it learn Magnitude and Rollout.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Pokemon Hg/ss Thread 2010-04-13 17:57:58

At 4/13/10 05:57 PM, Chdonga wrote:
At 4/13/10 05:52 PM, fawnret wrote: I made it all the way to Lance today and his dragonyte kicked all my pokemon's asses. ( of course it fucking knows thunder )

You needed to train a Geodude/Graveler throughout the game. Let it learn Magnitude and Rollout.

I do actually have a level 40 golem. I wasn't sure whether to use him or not though. I ended up bringing entei along instead

home forum

BBS Signature

Response to Official Pokemon Hg/ss Thread 2010-04-13 18:43:19

At 4/13/10 06:31 PM, Aci6 wrote: He's ALWAYS about to catch a Caterpie. It's gotten so bad that I don't accept calls from him.

I don't accept phone calls from anyone, unless it's a gym trainer. I don't see a point as it's all pointless.

Response to Official Pokemon Hg/ss Thread 2010-04-13 21:13:56

um... no? How would Graveler/Golem fair off well against Dragonite? Dragonite is immune to magnitude/earthquake/any ground type moves because of its flying typing, rock attacks will do critical damage, but even so... Dragonite is 4x weak to ice, so... ice would be best?

Founder of the Asian Users club

Member of the Super Smash Bros.Crew since page 58. SSBB friend code: 3265-4812-7128

BBS Signature

Response to Official Pokemon Hg/ss Thread 2010-04-13 21:20:46

At 4/13/10 09:13 PM, kRaZyAzN wrote: um... no? How would Graveler/Golem fair off well against Dragonite? Dragonite is immune to magnitude/earthquake/any ground type moves because of its flying typing, rock attacks will do critical damage, but even so... Dragonite is 4x weak to ice, so... ice would be best?

Gyarados learns ice fang at level 32 if it helps.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Pokemon Hg/ss Thread 2010-04-13 21:24:33

At 4/13/10 09:13 PM, kRaZyAzN wrote:
um... no? How would Graveler/Golem fair off well against Dragonite? Dragonite is immune to magnitude/earthquake/any ground type moves because of its flying typing, rock attacks will do critical damage, but even so... Dragonite is 4x weak to ice, so... ice would be best?

It would be, but thunder doesn't effect Graveler/Golem and it's like the only move he ever uses. What would be even better is if you used a Piloswine/Mamoswine since they're ice and ground type.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Pokemon Hg/ss Thread 2010-04-13 21:51:44

Beat Red. All of my team were level 60. Snorlax was the only real problem, but only because he used like 4 full restores on it.

Going to put all my Heart Gold stuff onto Platinum. I would try to complete the Pokedex on Heart Gold, but the PC system is so fucking awful, I'll do it on Platinum instead.

Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Official Pokemon Hg/ss Thread 2010-04-13 22:15:19

At 4/12/10 06:43 PM, TheMaster wrote: If you calculate the IVs for Joey's Rattata, they're all like 28+, apart from special attack which is 26.

It really is in the top percentage of rattata.

How would you know? Are...are you with Team Rocket?

I usually frequent the VG and collaboration Forums. If you find me anywhere else, I'm lost and can't find my way back.

Response to Official Pokemon Hg/ss Thread 2010-04-13 23:40:22

I got me the Toys R Us event Arceus and Regigigas on 4chan from a guy who was cloning his and giving them away, just like TheMaster.

Speaking of which, TheMaster, was the guy's name Near?

I also found out about this website (http://trickroom.zxq.net/) where they have a server for sending out Event Pokemon over GTS, just like how Nintendo does it. Apparently they change the Pokemon each week. I'm not sure if they ever send out legit Event ones or just their own Pokesav'd ones, though. At that moment it's a Pokesav'd Celebi that is a clone of the one that's going to be released with the movie event in Japan. It has the same moveset and hold item, and it triggers the event in the Ilex forest. The OT name is Alice though, the girl who runs the website, so it's easy to tell it isn't completely legit.

I personally don't like Pokesaving my own Pokemon, so I don't like trading for Pokesav'd ones either, but I went ahead and got this because I wanted to see the event, and I've been too lazy to Pokesav one for myself to see it. I'm sure America will have access to a legit one soon enough, and I'll dump this one off and get the legit one at that point.

I also used the Arceus to trigger the event in the Ruins of Alph, that was pretty cool. I got myself a Palkia. If anyone wants me to clone the Arceus/Regigigas (these ones are legit event ones,) let me know, and I'll trade them to you when I get the chance. Same goes for Celebi, just keep in mind this one is Pokesav'd and not legit, but it's the only way to trigger the event in Ilex forest at the moment.

I've been refurbished and reissued, prepackaged and precooked, decontaminated and deloused, but I still smell, sound, look and feel like shit.

New to the video game forums?

BBS Signature

Response to Official Pokemon Hg/ss Thread 2010-04-13 23:54:10

At 4/13/10 09:20 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote:
At 4/13/10 09:13 PM, kRaZyAzN wrote: um... no? How would Graveler/Golem fair off well against Dragonite? Dragonite is immune to magnitude/earthquake/any ground type moves because of its flying typing, rock attacks will do critical damage, but even so... Dragonite is 4x weak to ice, so... ice would be best?
Gyarados learns ice fang at level 32 if it helps.

yeah I was considering giving it to my gyrados when it said he could learn it, but my feraligatr already knew it and it wouldn't help to much against dragonite anyway since his thunder does massive damage to it since he's water/flying.

home forum

BBS Signature

Response to Official Pokemon Hg/ss Thread 2010-04-14 08:54:40

Getting the Kanto badges is really a piece of cake. Beside Blue, most of them are just as strong as the Elite 4 members except that you face them all separately and they have less Pokemon.

It would've been better if the Gym Leaders were stronger if you ask me. Like Pokemon between levels 50~65. At least the gap between the Kanto leaders and Red wouldn't be so big then.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Pokemon Hg/ss Thread 2010-04-14 09:19:51

At 4/13/10 11:40 PM, DirtySyko wrote: Speaking of which, TheMaster, was the guy's name Near?

Yeah, that was him.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Pokemon Hg/ss Thread 2010-04-14 13:27:49

At 4/12/10 07:26 PM, Psychopathic-Mind wrote:
Just caught the Red Gyarados and I haven't gotten any rematch calls yet. I don't think they like me much.

Lucky you, I get phone calls every three minutes, it gets really annoying!

My friend and I bought it yesterday, and he caught a shiney ratata - it's like a gold color, pretty cool I thought.

Response to Official Pokemon Hg/ss Thread 2010-04-14 14:26:40

I don't see the problem with phone calls. You can ignore them, they don't force you to stop or anything.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Pokemon Hg/ss Thread 2010-04-14 16:37:57

I'm hopefully getting this game tomorrow. Though I'm questioning which I should get first, HG then Just Cause 2 (PS3) two weeks later or vice versa. I'll probably get HG first as I adore Pokemon...

Prepare for unforeseen consequences.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Pokemon Hg/ss Thread 2010-04-14 19:22:44

Got a level 11 Vaporeon. Now I'm trying to get Jolteon and Flareon, to complete the first 5 Eevee evolutions. I dunno how I'll get the two Gen IV evolutions, but i'm sure I'll find someone.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Pokemon Hg/ss Thread 2010-04-14 20:44:27

At 4/14/10 01:27 PM, ColdRicePudding wrote:
At 4/12/10 07:26 PM, Psychopathic-Mind wrote:
Just caught the Red Gyarados and I haven't gotten any rematch calls yet. I don't think they like me much.
Lucky you, I get phone calls every three minutes, it gets really annoying!

I get calls, they're just never for rematches.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Pokemon Hg/ss Thread 2010-04-15 16:03:39

Someone on 4chan again only needed like 20 Pokemon to finish his Pokedex, so he was giving out cloned Deoxys from Emerald for them.

I got two, one for Glameow and one for Shieldon.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Pokemon Hg/ss Thread 2010-04-15 16:16:44

At 4/15/10 04:03 PM, TheMaster wrote: Someone on 4chan again only needed like 20 Pokemon to finish his Pokedex, so he was giving out cloned Deoxys from Emerald for them.

I got two, one for Glameow and one for Shieldon.

...do you need both of them???

i can try me best to get one from you

ME on Youtube! 20/20 subscribers!!!

My flash games and movies!

Huzzah!

BBS Signature

Response to Official Pokemon Hg/ss Thread 2010-04-15 16:26:41

At 4/15/10 04:16 PM, deathofghosts wrote: ...do you need both of them???

I meant I traded Glameow and Shieldon for the two Deoxys, they were what he needed.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Pokemon Hg/ss Thread 2010-04-15 16:46:27

At 4/15/10 04:26 PM, TheMaster wrote:
At 4/15/10 04:16 PM, deathofghosts wrote: ...do you need both of them???

I meant I traded Glameow and Shieldon for the two Deoxys, they were what he needed.

and i meant are you offering a deoxys???

ME on Youtube! 20/20 subscribers!!!

My flash games and movies!

Huzzah!

BBS Signature

Response to Official Pokemon Hg/ss Thread 2010-04-15 16:49:24

What pokemon do you need?

BBS Signature

Response to Official Pokemon Hg/ss Thread 2010-04-15 18:17:14

At 4/15/10 04:46 PM, deathofghosts wrote: and i meant are you offering a deoxys???

Not for anything except Mew or Manaphy.

BBS Signature

Response to Official Pokemon Hg/ss Thread 2010-04-16 02:38:05

At 4/13/10 11:40 PM, DirtySyko wrote: I got me the Toys R Us event Arceus and Regigigas on 4chan from a guy who was cloning his and giving them away, just like TheMaster.

Speaking of which, TheMaster, was the guy's name Near?

I also found out about this website (http://trickroom.zxq.net/) where they have a server for sending out Event Pokemon over GTS, just like how Nintendo does it. Apparently they change the Pokemon each week. I'm not sure if they ever send out legit Event ones or just their own Pokesav'd ones, though. At that moment it's a Pokesav'd Celebi that is a clone of the one that's going to be released with the movie event in Japan. It has the same moveset and hold item, and it triggers the event in the Ilex forest. The OT name is Alice though, the girl who runs the website, so it's easy to tell it isn't completely legit.

yeah saw the same thing. got a celibi it seemed to work fine. my fear is that it will say it's corrupted if i try to battle other trainers or something, but as far as i can tell it works in game.

Response to Official Pokemon Hg/ss Thread 2010-04-16 08:45:30

Whilst searching for Lapras in Union cave I found a shiny Quagsire. I caught it at full HP with 1 dusk ball so i'm glad it didn't end badly or anything. I think it looks pretty good in purple so i'll probably start training it up for the hell of it.

I've finally got my first shiny pokemon. At the moment i'm trying to complete the Johto pokedex and also get all the gym leader's phone numbers.

Sig made by simon <3

360 Gamertag - Warshark NG

PSN ID - xI_Warshark_Ix

BBS Signature

Response to Official Pokemon Hg/ss Thread 2010-04-16 12:56:18

I got almost all the badges of Kanto. I just need to beat Blue, but my Pokemon are around level 47 at the moment so I might get owned if I don't watch out.

I also got some rare Pokemon. I was lucky enough to encounter a Chansey on route 14 after about 15 minutes. I killed him though, because I was all out of my weaker moves eventually so I used swift which instantly killed him. However, the second Pokemon afterwards was another Chansey which I did manage to catch ^^ Made an egg from him and then traded him for an Aerodactyl with the girl that's walking around on that same route.

I'm thinking about raising Aerodactyl after I got tired of my Skarmory. He seems pretty tough to me.

At 4/16/10 08:45 AM, warshark wrote: I've finally got my first shiny pokemon. At the moment i'm trying to complete the Johto pokedex and also get all the gym leader's phone numbers.

Too bad your first shiny had to be a Quagsire. They're pretty weak :p On the other hand, shiny Pokemon's stats are higher than those of the normal version, right?

BBS Signature