New Topic Respond to this Topic
Murray
Murray
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 57
Audiophile
Response to Official Pokemon Hg/ss Thread Apr. 10th, 2010 @ 08:28 AM Reply

Right now, I'm actually trying to take on the Battle Frontier. I'm wanting to get some battle points to get a few items from there.

At 4/9/10 08:46 PM, TheMaster wrote:
At 4/9/10 07:45 PM, Simple wrote: Trying to level up my Aggron efficiently in Mt Silver.
Aggron is weird. Looks like it should be up there with Dragonite, Tyranitar, Salamance, Metagross and Garchomp as a pseudo-legendary, but it's actually pretty weak.

I always thought Aggron was a good Pokemon for its Rock Head ability and recoil-damage moves. A few years back, I really loved using Double-Edge with no consequences.

[ BBS / Icon / Portal Möd ]

Formerly Bahamut

Simple
Simple
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Game Developer
Response to Official Pokemon Hg/ss Thread Apr. 10th, 2010 @ 10:44 AM Reply

So I have decided to go with Metacross and while training I found and captured a shiny Ponyta. It's alot better than my last shiny Pokemon being a Rosealia, I may actually use this one.

The Metacross is a much better idea than Aggron as the one I imported knows Psychic, Earthquake, Shadow Ball and Sludge Bomb. I am going to keep Earthquake and Psychic but probably going to replace the other two with some kind of moves; not too sure on them just yet.

TheMaster
TheMaster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to Official Pokemon Hg/ss Thread Apr. 10th, 2010 @ 10:49 AM Reply

At 4/10/10 08:28 AM, Bahamut wrote: Right now, I'm actually trying to take on the Battle Frontier. I'm wanting to get some battle points to get a few items from there.

If you haven't EV trained, I'd recommend the one where you use 3 random Pokemon, rather than your own.

Not only do you get more BP (5BP for beating 7 trainers, as opposed to 3BP for doing the same with your own), but it means you're on level ground, as all Battle Tower Pokemon are hard as nails. The boss guy is pretty tough, though. He had Hippowdon and 2 other tough fully evolved things, where the best I had access to was Magmar, Electabuzz and Machoke. It's random each time, though, so maybe I was just unlucky.

I rape Battle Tower on Platinum, though. Smeargle and Gyarados let me 1-hit basically everything. Before I was using Gyarados, Tyranitar and Garchomp, but Palmer was fucking murdering me each time, but swapping out Garchomp for Smeargle let me absolutely destroy him with a buffed Gyarados.

PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature
TheMaster
TheMaster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to Official Pokemon Hg/ss Thread Apr. 10th, 2010 @ 11:01 AM Reply

At 4/10/10 10:44 AM, Simple wrote: So I have decided to go with Metacross and while training I found and captured a shiny Ponyta. It's alot better than my last shiny Pokemon being a Rosealia, I may actually use this one.

Roserade is probably the best grass type in the game. Definitely one worth training.

The Metacross is a much better idea than Aggron as the one I imported knows Psychic, Earthquake, Shadow Ball and Sludge Bomb. I am going to keep Earthquake and Psychic but probably going to replace the other two with some kind of moves; not too sure on them just yet.

Meteor Mash is essential, great STAB attack, if a little inaccurate. Also, I'd go Zen Headbutt rather than Psychic. Psychic has base power 90, compared to Zen Headbutt's 80, but Metagross has much higher Attack than Special Attack, so Zen Headbutt will do more damage. You do sacrifice a bit accuracy, but not much, and you gain the chance of causing a flinch, too.

Hammer Arm is good, too, if you want a fighting attack, and he can also learn Thunder Punch and Ice Punch, it just depends which types of moves the rest of your team has. Explosion is another option, too, since it almost always lets you take the opponent with you when it looks like you're going to die, but is only really useful in Battle Tower/online battles, and not in the main game.

I have a Metagross on Platinum, but he's shit. Caught a high level Beldum and leveled it up twice to get him, so he has hardly any EVs in anything, so his stats are the bare minimum.

BBS Signature
Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 56
Movie Buff
Response to Official Pokemon Hg/ss Thread Apr. 10th, 2010 @ 11:34 AM Reply

Still training for the Elite Four. My party is now between level 34~37, but you can level up fairly quickly at the Victory Road. Also, I think I got a type advantage over all their Pokemon except Muk, Gengar and Umbreon, but those three shouldn't pose too much of a treat. Not if I bring out Skarmory against them.

So perhaps I'll just take them on as soon as I hit level 40.

At 4/9/10 08:46 PM, TheMaster wrote:
At 4/9/10 07:45 PM, Simple wrote: Trying to level up my Aggron efficiently in Mt Silver.
Aggron is weird. Looks like it should be up there with Dragonite, Tyranitar, Salamance, Metagross and Garchomp as a pseudo-legendary, but it's actually pretty weak. Great defense and good attack, but crap special defense and HP means the likes of Focus Blast should knock it down in one, and it's dead slow too.

Yeah I remember when I first caught and trained him. I also had this feeling that he was supposed to be some pseudo-legendary, but indeed he turned out to be a bit of a letdown in the end. He's actually not much better than Rhydon and Golem. He doesn't learn many good moves either. You got Iron Tail which is very inaccurate, and Double-Edge but that one sucks if you don't have Rock Head as an ability. Mine usually had Sturdy which was completely useless =/

So go for Tyranitar or Metagross instead if you want a good, defensive one.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]
Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz
The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 9 June 2014)

BBS Signature
TheMaster
TheMaster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to Official Pokemon Hg/ss Thread Apr. 10th, 2010 @ 12:17 PM Reply

At 4/10/10 11:54 AM, Tramps wrote: I HAVE POKERUS. WHAT DO I DO NOW? I'M SO CONFUSED.

Spread it to something shit by battling with it and the infected Pokemon in the party (might take a couple of battles), store in the PC it for later.

It doubles EV gain in battle, so if you ever decide to do EV training, you can do it twice as quick.

Pokemon recover automatically after a day or two, but if one in the PC has it, it will never recover (unless you take it out and keep it out for long enough, obviously), so spread it to something to keep in the PC, so you can spread it to things you actually want to train later on.

BBS Signature
Firerank9
Firerank9
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Official Pokemon Hg/ss Thread Apr. 10th, 2010 @ 02:57 PM Reply

I search and looked all over Johto and Kanto, but could not find a trace of leafeon and glacion!
So all Newgounders, I will ask if any of you have a Leafeon or a Glacion to Trade, I will offer one of the following pokemon...
Eevee
Gyarados (red shiny)
Entei
Zapdos
please inform me before 4:00 PM(pacific time) Sunday.
Charater name Charles: Friend Code=1634 6505 3635

BBS Signature
saltovergray
saltovergray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Official Pokemon Hg/ss Thread Apr. 10th, 2010 @ 03:57 PM Reply

At 4/10/10 02:57 PM, Firerank9 wrote: I search and looked all over Johto and Kanto, but could not find a trace of leafeon and glacion!

The reason for that is that those two Pokemon only evolve in Sinnoh, and are unable to evolve from Eevee in Kanto or Johto.

So, yeah, you are best to just ask around, as you did later in the post.

Anyways, been training a lot, capturing new Pokemon, exploring. Nothing TOO important. Still got to battle Red, but that won't happen anytime soon.

I hope to evolve most of my untrained Pokemon, in order to get closer to completing the PokeDex.

Formerly known as SaltshakerClock

BBS Signature
warshark
warshark
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Gamer
Response to Official Pokemon Hg/ss Thread Apr. 10th, 2010 @ 04:11 PM Reply

Do pokemon appear less often in Kanto? I can run around in the grass for about 5 mins and get nothing. However in Johto every 3-4 steps i'll run into a wild pokemon.

Feels weird to be able to run around in the grass without pokemon throwing themselves at me.

Sig made by simon <3
360 Gamertag - Warshark NG
PSN ID - xI_Warshark_Ix

BBS Signature
kRaZyAzN
kRaZyAzN
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Official Pokemon Hg/ss Thread Apr. 10th, 2010 @ 04:50 PM Reply

At 4/10/10 07:47 AM, Ejit wrote: They really need to scale down the effectiveness of any move that raises evasiveness or decreases foes' accuracy. IMO.

Yeah, those are all really stupid, and completely illegal in competitive play. At least minimize, double team, etc. are, not sure about sand attack and smokescreen and such.

Founder of the Asian Users club
Member of the Super Smash Bros.Crew since page 58. SSBB friend code: 3265-4812-7128

BBS Signature
Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 56
Movie Buff
Response to Official Pokemon Hg/ss Thread Apr. 10th, 2010 @ 04:56 PM Reply

At 4/10/10 04:50 PM, kRaZyAzN wrote:
At 4/10/10 07:47 AM, Ejit wrote: They really need to scale down the effectiveness of any move that raises evasiveness or decreases foes' accuracy. IMO.
Yeah, those are all really stupid, and completely illegal in competitive play. At least minimize, double team, etc. are, not sure about sand attack and smokescreen and such.

Stupid? Personally I find Sand-Attack and Smokescreen quite handy vs the Gym Leaders strongest Pokemon. You can make them completely harmless with a sand-attack or three.

Also why are they considered 'illegal'? They're part of the game right, and as far as I can see they're not exactly overpowered moves or anything...

BBS Signature
4urentertainment
4urentertainment
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Game Developer
Response to Official Pokemon Hg/ss Thread Apr. 10th, 2010 @ 05:07 PM Reply

At 4/9/10 03:41 PM, Auz wrote:
At 4/9/10 02:59 PM, TheMaster wrote: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/E ffort_values#Generation_II

It's much more simplistic, and it's possible to max out every stat, not just 2 of them like in Gen 3 onwards.
Oh I see. So basically if you fight long enough, you will eventually max out every stat and you don't have to worry about EV's at all. That's nice :)

I haven't tested, but I'm almost sure the new EV training system is the one used in HG/SS. Unless you're playing the original Gold/Silver.

TheMaster
TheMaster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to Official Pokemon Hg/ss Thread Apr. 10th, 2010 @ 05:14 PM Reply

At 4/10/10 04:56 PM, Auz wrote: Also why are they considered 'illegal'? They're part of the game right, and as far as I can see they're not exactly overpowered moves or anything...

Tourneyfags always have stupid rules. Evasion clause (no accuracy decreasing/evasion increasing moves), Sleep Clause (no sleep moves), Item Clause (no duplicate held items).

It's fucking pointless. Learn to counter it, don't ban stuff you don't like.

I can understand banning Ubers though, since they are objectively better than other Pokemon, and if they're allowed, everyone just ends up with of 6 these 20 or so different Pokemon, and the other 473 are never used.

BBS Signature
kRaZyAzN
kRaZyAzN
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Official Pokemon Hg/ss Thread Apr. 10th, 2010 @ 05:17 PM Reply

At 4/10/10 04:56 PM, Auz wrote:
Stupid? Personally I find Sand-Attack and Smokescreen quite handy vs the Gym Leaders strongest Pokemon. You can make them completely harmless with a sand-attack or three.

Also why are they considered 'illegal'? They're part of the game right, and as far as I can see they're not exactly overpowered moves or anything...

They are very useful, but their effects are negated as soon as your opponent switches pokemon.

And in general, most competitive players just don't approve of the use of moves like minimize or double team. After 2-3 of those, it will be nearly impossible for anything to hit them.

They're just a general annoyance, just like how you're not allowed to use healing items like hyper potions and stuff when playing on wifi, the game could theoretically be never ending.

Member of the Super Smash Bros.Crew since page 58. SSBB friend code: 3265-4812-7128

BBS Signature
Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 56
Movie Buff
Response to Official Pokemon Hg/ss Thread Apr. 10th, 2010 @ 05:53 PM Reply

At 4/10/10 05:07 PM, 4urentertainment wrote:
At 4/9/10 03:41 PM, Auz wrote: Oh I see. So basically if you fight long enough, you will eventually max out every stat and you don't have to worry about EV's at all. That's nice :)
I haven't tested, but I'm almost sure the new EV training system is the one used in HG/SS. Unless you're playing the original Gold/Silver.

Yeah I'm playing the original and I bet HG/SS would work with the new system. Otherwise Pokemon trained in those two games would always be way better than those trained in D/P.

At 4/10/10 05:14 PM, TheMaster wrote:
At 4/10/10 04:56 PM, Auz wrote: Also why are they considered 'illegal'? They're part of the game right, and as far as I can see they're not exactly overpowered moves or anything...
Tourneyfags always have stupid rules. Evasion clause (no accuracy decreasing/evasion increasing moves), Sleep Clause (no sleep moves), Item Clause (no duplicate held items).

It's fucking pointless. Learn to counter it, don't ban stuff you don't like.

I agree. They're part of the game, they can be countered and everybody can use them. Therefore it's fair and you don't need to ban them.

I can understand banning Ubers though, since they are objectively better than other Pokemon, and if they're allowed, everyone just ends up with of 6 these 20 or so different Pokemon, and the other 473 are never used.

Well I remember somebody once wrote in an article that it's normally pretty pointless to come up with rules like this, because what will happen is that people will all just switch to the second best strategy in the game. Or the second best set of Pokemon in this case, being the pseudo-legendaries like Dragonite, Metagross, Salamence etc.. You can indeed see that these Pokemon are now used a lot in competitive play.

What it also mentioned on the other hand is that when the best strategy becomes so good that EVERYBODY will only use that single strategy because you can't win otherwise, it's justified to ban it. I think that's the case with ubers. Like you said, everybody would start using them probably and banning them will make competitive play much more interesting. The pseudo-legendaries are at least beatable with the right strategy, whereas the ubers are practically invincible against most ordinary Pokemon.

So yeah, banning ubers is alright.

At 4/10/10 05:17 PM, kRaZyAzN wrote: And in general, most competitive players just don't approve of the use of moves like minimize or double team. After 2-3 of those, it will be nearly impossible for anything to hit them.

Well there are still moves like Swift which will never miss and Surf which has a very high hit-ratio. On top of that the opponent will have to lose 3 turns so you can make sure you take him down before that. I don't think it makes much sense banning it.

They're just a general annoyance, just like how you're not allowed to use healing items like hyper potions and stuff when playing on wifi, the game could theoretically be never ending.

Yeah I can understand banning healing items :) Indeed that could make games last forever and it's probably gonna be all about who brings the most revives and hyper potions with him.

BBS Signature
kRaZyAzN
kRaZyAzN
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Official Pokemon Hg/ss Thread Apr. 10th, 2010 @ 06:00 PM Reply

At 4/10/10 05:14 PM, TheMaster wrote:

Oh, well I've only known evasion clause to be widely accepted, I've never played with item or sleep clause, or freeze clause, etc.

BBS Signature
Viridis
Viridis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Gamer
Response to Official Pokemon Hg/ss Thread Apr. 10th, 2010 @ 06:05 PM Reply

Where would be the best place to train a flying pokemon??

PSN: Cloud-1409

BBS Signature
TheMaster
TheMaster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to Official Pokemon Hg/ss Thread Apr. 10th, 2010 @ 06:13 PM Reply

At 4/10/10 05:53 PM, Auz wrote: Well I remember somebody once wrote in an article that it's normally pretty pointless to come up with rules like this, because what will happen is that people will all just switch to the second best strategy in the game. Or the second best set of Pokemon in this case, being the pseudo-legendaries like Dragonite, Metagross, Salamence etc.. You can indeed see that these Pokemon are now used a lot in competitive play.

While this true, everyone does just step down to the second tier, there are vastly more Pokemon in it than there are Ubers. You're never going to see anyone playing unevolved Pokemon or shit like Raticate or Farfetch'd, but there's going to be way more variety than if you have Ubers.

Also, regarding Pseudo-legendaries, Dragonite, Salamance and Garchomp (who is usually classed as an Uber anyway) are all double weak to ice, while Metagross and Tyranitar are weak against ground (not to mention Tyranitar also being regularly weak to ice), and almost every team runs at least 1 Pokemon with Earthquake, meaning using more than one on your team isn't really a good idea.

What it also mentioned on the other hand is that when the best strategy becomes so good that EVERYBODY will only use that single strategy because you can't win otherwise, it's justified to ban it. I think that's the case with ubers. Like you said, everybody would start using them probably and banning them will make competitive play much more interesting. The pseudo-legendaries are at least beatable with the right strategy, whereas the ubers are practically invincible against most ordinary Pokemon.

So yeah, banning ubers is alright.

Exactly. They've even banned in-game in the Battle Tower.

Well there are still moves like Swift which will never miss and Surf which has a very high hit-ratio. On top of that the opponent will have to lose 3 turns so you can make sure you take him down before that. I don't think it makes much sense banning it.

All the never-misses moves are shit, though, waste of a move slot. Also Surf only has regular accuracy, no more accurate than, say, Wing Attack or Ember. I can definitely understand the reasoning behind banning them.

Yeah I can understand banning healing items :) Indeed that could make games last forever and it's probably gonna be all about who brings the most revives and hyper potions with him.

You can't use items in multiplayer battles. Never been able to, the items option isn't displayed. That's not a rule, it's part of the game.

BBS Signature
Viridis
Viridis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Gamer
Response to Official Pokemon Hg/ss Thread Apr. 10th, 2010 @ 07:36 PM Reply

Caught a shiny Magikarp in dragons den. How useless.

BBS Signature
scetch00
scetch00
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Official Pokemon Hg/ss Thread Apr. 10th, 2010 @ 07:40 PM Reply

At 4/10/10 07:36 PM, Viridis wrote: Caught a shiny Magikarp in dragons den. How useless.

Make it a red Gyarados.

BBS Signature
BananaBreadMuffin
BananaBreadMuffin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Audiophile
Response to Official Pokemon Hg/ss Thread Apr. 10th, 2010 @ 07:54 PM Reply

At 4/10/10 07:36 PM, Viridis wrote: Caught a shiny Magikarp in dragons den. How useless.

lmao, perfect

Firerank9
Firerank9
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Official Pokemon Hg/ss Thread Apr. 10th, 2010 @ 07:57 PM Reply

NewsFlash......

New Mystery Gift item avalable for download, Yellow forest Pokewalker Route!
Download is avalible till May 5th 2010.

Route features...
Pikachu (some with Volt Tackle)
Pikachu link item (Light orb)

BBS Signature
scetch00
scetch00
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Official Pokemon Hg/ss Thread Apr. 10th, 2010 @ 08:01 PM Reply

At 4/10/10 07:57 PM, Firerank9 wrote: NewsFlash......

New Mystery Gift item avalable for download, Yellow forest Pokewalker Route!
Download is avalible till May 5th 2010.

Route features...
Pikachu (some with Volt Tackle)
Pikachu link item (Light orb)

Old news.. And there are also Flying & Surfing Pikachu's.

Speaking of which, TheMaster, got any extras you can part with?

BBS Signature
Viridis
Viridis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Gamer
Response to Official Pokemon Hg/ss Thread Apr. 10th, 2010 @ 08:14 PM Reply

At 4/10/10 07:40 PM, scetch00 wrote:
Make it a red Gyarados.

Another one?

At 4/10/10 07:54 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: lmao, perfect

Gonna train it to Lv.100
THEN IT WILL HAVE THE ULTIMATE TACKLE ATTACK

BBS Signature
scetch00
scetch00
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Official Pokemon Hg/ss Thread Apr. 10th, 2010 @ 08:21 PM Reply

At 4/10/10 08:14 PM, Viridis wrote:
At 4/10/10 07:40 PM, scetch00 wrote:
Make it a red Gyarados.
Another one?

Yep.. Try to see if you can get a 6 man team of Red Gyarados' :D

BBS Signature
DirtySyko
DirtySyko
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 53
Blank Slate
Response to Official Pokemon Hg/ss Thread Apr. 10th, 2010 @ 09:18 PM Reply

At 4/10/10 08:06 PM, Tramps wrote:
Also, I heard the virus expires and that they can't get it again but do the effects of the virus still last on the pokemon? Do EV's accumulate overtime or only become active through levelling? At level 100, do you still gain EV's?

The virus expires in the sense that you can no longer use that Pokemon to transfer it to others, but instead of saying PKRS it will now have a smilie face on your Pokemon's stat page, and that basically just lets you know that he had the virus at one point, and that Pokemon will still gain EVs at the same rate, as if he still had the virus. So, yeah, the effects stay indefinitely, just don't lose the virus, make sure someone always has it in your PC box. It's extremely easy to spread, one or two fights with a Pokemon who has it and your whole team will have it.

EVs accumulate as you are fighting, but they won't appear until a level up. So, hypothetically, if you have a level 99 Pokemon with no EVs, you could probably battle a bunch of level 2 - 5 Pokemon and get every EV you want for him, and then level him up to 100 and you will see your stat page have like +63 Speed, +65 Sp. Def, etc. etc. Depending on what you EV trained in.

Once you hit 100 though, it's over. You can no longer EV train since it requires you to level up before the EV stats distribute to your base stats.

I've been refurbished and reissued, prepackaged and precooked, decontaminated and deloused, but I still smell, sound, look and feel like shit.

New to the video game forums?

BBS Signature
TheMaster
TheMaster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to Official Pokemon Hg/ss Thread Apr. 10th, 2010 @ 09:24 PM Reply

At 4/10/10 08:01 PM, scetch00 wrote: Speaking of which, TheMaster, got any extras you can part with?

Just the one Surfing Pikachu. Haven't even used the Pokewalker since then. Just been gathering Watts instead.

At 4/10/10 08:06 PM, Tramps wrote: Oh, I forgot to add... regarding Pokerus, theoretically, since growth of the virus freezes when a pokemon with it is stored in the PC and to my knowledge, a cycle of the virus ends at midnight, if you put your pokemon in the PC before midnight and take it out afterwards, will a cycle be missed, meaning that the virus can never be discarded?

Correct.

Also, I heard the virus expires and that they can't get it again but do the effects of the virus still last on the pokemon? Do EV's accumulate overtime or only become active through levelling? At level 100, do you still gain EV's?

Yes, once they've had it, the effects will remain, they just can't spread it to any new Pokemon.

EVs are collected every time you defeat a Pokemon. Each Pokemon gives between 1 and 3 EVs. You get EVs corresponding to each stat, and can put 255 EVs into one stat, but only 510 EVs overall, meaning you cannot max out each stat. The more EVs you have in one stat, the faster the Pokemon gains points in that stat on level up. At level 100, each 4 EVs corresponds to 1 stat point. You do still collect EVs at level 100 (although you'll have a hard job getting there without gaining the 510 maximum, unless you just use rare candy all the way or something), but as their effects are only applied on level up, they won't do anything.

BBS Signature
Gustavos
Gustavos
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Official Pokemon Hg/ss Thread Apr. 10th, 2010 @ 11:33 PM Reply

For those of us who do not have wifi set up, any way to get this special Pokewalker route? Or other downloadables?

I usually frequent the VG and collaboration Forums. If you find me anywhere else, I'm lost and can't find my way back.

BananaBreadMuffin
BananaBreadMuffin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Audiophile
Response to Official Pokemon Hg/ss Thread Apr. 11th, 2010 @ 12:13 AM Reply

At 4/10/10 11:33 PM, Gustavos wrote: For those of us who do not have wifi set up, any way to get this special Pokewalker route?

Well, you have to take your DS to somewhere where you can connect to an unprotected wireless network or one you're allowed on (eg: local wifi hotspots, friends house, etc).

Then just connect to wifi and go "receive mystery gift from wifi" or whatever the option in the main menu is.

Simple
Simple
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Game Developer
Response to Official Pokemon Hg/ss Thread Apr. 11th, 2010 @ 04:49 AM Reply

I tried to get a few more wins in the Battle Frontier, mainly the single Pokemon area, but on my 10th battle I can against a Manectric that knew Flamethrower... I called bullshit on the game and went to sleep.