Xaotik
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Programmer
Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG Feb. 16th, 2012 @ 10:34 PM

Back.

Name: NewsJump
Description: What EJR wanted (link directly to News Comments)

Works with: Firefox 10.0+, Chrome 17.0+

Download & Install

P.S. Apologies for my derpness..

GreaseMonkey scripts for NG

Xaotik
Xaotik
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Programmer
Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG Feb. 17th, 2012 @ 02:07 AM

Hey guys, last one for tonight.

Updated the Event Feed + script. It uses cookies now and the number will clear when you check notifications. Just don't lose your browser's cookies (they've also got to be on to begin with).

Right now I've got the cookie set to expire in roughly a month, that should be enough for the NG server to no longer consider them "new" notifications.

Xaotik
Xaotik
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Programmer
Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG Feb. 19th, 2012 @ 05:29 PM

New Script for you guys!

Name: Nostalgia Levels
Description: Back to the last redesign's level icons!

A few notes though:

- This script uses Base64 encoding on the image files (thanks to SnakeArsenic's NG Stretch script for showing me this little trick), this means that the script download may be a bit slow, but the images will be stored within the script, meaning they'll never be unavailable due to server downtime (since they're not imported from anywhere).

- Using Base64 means no holiday icons because they're simply not stored anywhere (sorry, may fix this in the future).

- I had to port each level icon by hand, this took a long time, so please, if you build off of this script, keep my original credits in there.

- Give me any feedback you have, it took me a lot of work to do this, and I want it to be as perfect as possible.

- Lastly, enjoy the script.

Verified and Tested on: Chrome 17.0+, Firefox 10.0+

[Download & Install]

Enjoy!
~ Xaotik

Pic:

Xaotik
Xaotik
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Programmer
Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG Feb. 20th, 2012 @ 08:04 PM

Wow, uhh

I'm really sorry guys, there was a bug in the Event Feed + script that caused it to show all messed up numbers when you got new items in your event feed.

I've fixed the bug (hopefully)

Please redownload to fix this issue, and once again, sorry, I hope this is the last time this happens.

Asandir
Asandir
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Gamer
Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG Feb. 20th, 2012 @ 08:17 PM

I have a question to Xaotik. The user LegolaSS mentioned that he will remake the old Newgrounds levels (2007) to fit wit the new style, his usericon is the best example of what I mean. Would you make a script that showcases those level icons instead of the ones that we have now once he releases them?

Without truth, there is no justice.
Asandir's interviews with Newgrounds forum users
Portal and Icon moderator

BBS Signature
Skaren
Skaren
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Artist
Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG Feb. 20th, 2012 @ 08:20 PM

Did anyone make a new inline poster for the new design? I loved the inline poster.

Xaotik
Xaotik
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Programmer
Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG Feb. 20th, 2012 @ 08:43 PM

At 23 minutes ago, Asandir wrote: I have a question to Xaotik. The user LegolaSS mentioned that he will remake the old Newgrounds levels (2007) to fit wit the new style, his usericon is the best example of what I mean. Would you make a script that showcases those level icons instead of the ones that we have now once he releases them?

Yes, I would be able to make that script, but also, I took the time to recreate every old level icon, so you can try that script and see if you like it! :)

Asandir
Asandir
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Gamer
Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG Feb. 20th, 2012 @ 08:56 PM

At 5 minutes ago, Xaotik wrote: Yes, I would be able to make that script, but also, I took the time to recreate every old level icon, so you can try that script and see if you like it! :)

That looks pretty awesome! Will use it whenever I don't like my level icon.

Without truth, there is no justice.
Asandir's interviews with Newgrounds forum users
Portal and Icon moderator

BBS Signature
Xaotik
Xaotik
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Programmer
Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG Feb. 20th, 2012 @ 09:52 PM

Hrmm... nope, sorry guys, inline poster is a no-go for me at least..

Looks great on Chrome, doesn't work though.

Completely broken on firefox.

Xaotik
Xaotik
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Programmer
Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG Feb. 21st, 2012 @ 03:35 AM

Got a few cool new scripts for you guys :)

I'll release later today, because its late now so I'm gonna look for bugs to hammer out.

ZombieMonkey
ZombieMonkey
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 19
Melancholy
Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG Feb. 21st, 2012 @ 07:33 PM

Would there be any way of adding the forum jump into threads like it was included pre-redesign? I find myself missing it a lot.

"I need a katana to slice a banana"

Xaotik
Xaotik
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Programmer
Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG Feb. 21st, 2012 @ 10:49 PM

At 3 hours ago, ZombieMonkey wrote: Would there be any way of adding the forum jump into threads like it was included pre-redesign? I find myself missing it a lot.

I can try to do one of those, but in the mean time, here's another script for you guys, and I'm very proud of this one.

Name: AutoForum
Description: Continuously scrolls the BBS thread you're in.

Verified for: Chrome 17.0+ at the moment, sorry FireFox users, you can try it, but the FF engine handles scrolling differently, so I'm not sure when I'll be able to build a port of it for FF.

Also, it includes an auto-updater, a cool feature I'd like to include in all my future scripts.

I'll post a video of the script doing it's thing when I get a chance.

But for now:

[Download & Install]

Xaotik
Xaotik
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Programmer
Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG Feb. 22nd, 2012 @ 05:25 PM

New Script! Did Zombie-Monkey's request!

Name: BBSJump
Description: Brings back the "Jump to Forum" feature.
Works with: Chrome - [My version of Firefox looks like its utterly broken (maybe a bad add-on), so if anyone can verify for FF, that'd be great]

Download

Preview:

EJR
EJR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Animator
Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG Feb. 22nd, 2012 @ 05:31 PM

At 1 minute ago, Xaotik wrote: Works with: Chrome - [My version of Firefox looks like its utterly broken (maybe a bad add-on), so if anyone can verify for FF, that'd be great]

Tested on FIrefox - Broken. Can you also put it at the bottom or is that too much 2 ask for?

Portal, Chat & BBS Moderator

BBS Signature
Xaotik
Xaotik
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Programmer
Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG Feb. 22nd, 2012 @ 05:50 PM

At 15 minutes ago, EJR wrote:
At 1 minute ago, Xaotik wrote: Works with: Chrome - [My version of Firefox looks like its utterly broken (maybe a bad add-on), so if anyone can verify for FF, that'd be great]
Tested on FIrefox - Broken. Can you also put it at the bottom or is that too much 2 ask for?

Ok, just figured out the Firefox issue, mistake on my part, thankfully Mozilla has really good documentation.

Should work on Firefox now, I'm planning to make the bottom have a selector as well, but for now, it will turn into a button to jump to the top selector.

Fixed Version

Xaotik
Xaotik
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Programmer
Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG Feb. 22nd, 2012 @ 08:39 PM

Ok, made some final changes to BBSJump.

1. FireFox compatibility should now be 100% for version 10.0 and above.
2. Some minor stylistic changes to make it fit better with the rest of the site's style.
3. The menu is no-longer dependent on ID names, so there is now a Jump menu on the footer as well.

Download Here

WiiFittoToreinaa
WiiFittoToreinaa
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Melancholy
Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG Feb. 22nd, 2012 @ 10:12 PM

can someone re-make a auto emotion icon and does this work for explorer

Get lyrically fit!!!!
Props to Embr for putting my sig into shape!!!

BBS Signature
ZombieMonkey
ZombieMonkey
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 19
Melancholy
Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG Feb. 22nd, 2012 @ 10:15 PM

At 1 hour ago, Xaotik wrote: Ok, made some final changes to BBSJump.

1. FireFox compatibility should now be 100% for version 10.0 and above.
2. Some minor stylistic changes to make it fit better with the rest of the site's style.
3. The menu is no-longer dependent on ID names, so there is now a Jump menu on the footer as well.

Download Here

THANK YOU SO MUCH! It works great! :D

"I need a katana to slice a banana"

Xaotik
Xaotik
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Programmer
Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG Feb. 22nd, 2012 @ 10:28 PM

At 1 minute ago, tsukikomi wrote: can someone re-make a auto emotion icon and does this work for explorer

I'll take a crack at auto-emote...

As far as explorer goes though, IE is notorious amongst developers for not following the "rules" associated with the DOM Model.

Basically, that means in English, IE probably won't work with any of these scripts because IE does things differently from other browsers.

Of course nobody can make you do anything, but as a scripter, I'm going to strongly, strongly suggest that you switch to a more compatible and more secure browser, such as FF or Chrome.

You can read some statistics here as to what browsers support new HTML5 protocols (to give you an idea about browser compatibility).

This site offers a browser test for JavaScript support, it will start as soon as you click the link though.

Xaotik
Xaotik
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Programmer
Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG Feb. 23rd, 2012 @ 10:44 AM

Hey guys, new script for you!

Name: BBS Preview Button
Description: Allows you to preview BBS posts (in the same page) before you post them! Also has a toggle for "Safe Mode" that won't let you post until you preview.

Works with: Chrome, FireFox 10.0+

[Download & Install]
[Demo of Script]

Step
Step
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG Feb. 23rd, 2012 @ 11:03 AM

At 1 minute ago, Xaotik wrote: Hey guys, new script for you!

Description: Allows you to preview BBS posts (in the same page) before you post them! Also has a toggle for "Safe Mode" that won't let you post until you preview.

[Download & Install]
[Demo of Script]

That's amazing, great work. Just a few glitches though, but I really appreciate the hard work you're putting into this.

1.) When I disable posting without preview, preview the post, click enable and then disable again, the Post button remains greyed out.

2.) The post previewer doesn't recognise fresh lines so if I write in paragraphs, it'll put everything in a block of text rather than with a space between each paragraph.

3.) Clicking on links in the previewer doesn't work. Let's say you make a link taking you to the URL www.newgrounds.com. This is where the link will take me in the previewer:

http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/post/quote/www.newgrounds.com

4.) When a link is posted to Newgrounds content (Games, Movies, Audio, Art), something like this doesn't come up:

• My Name is Tom
    My Name is Tom by TomFulp

A song about me!

Score
    3.59 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Industrial
    Popularity

But just the URL text without a hyperlink comes up instead.

5.) Word wrap isn't working. When I make a long string of characters (like 60 m's next to each other) they break out of the post preview space instead of going to the next line.

6.) The top part of quoted text isn't grey.

7.) The line on the left of the quoted text isn't a full line but a dashed one.

(Pic).

I'm on Chrome 17 by the way!

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54
I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature
Xaotik
Xaotik
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Programmer
Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG Feb. 23rd, 2012 @ 12:04 PM

At 51 minutes ago, Supersteph54 wrote:
At 1 minute ago, Xaotik wrote: Hey guys, new script for you!

[Download & Install]
[Demo of Script]
That's amazing, great work. Just a few glitches though, but I really appreciate the hard work you're putting into this.

1.) When I disable posting without preview, preview the post, click enable and then disable again, the Post button remains greyed out.

I'm not sure what you mean by this, could you explain a bit more?
(I just tried the following situations and it seems to work on my end)

- Check "Always disable..." -> Uncheck "Always disable..." -> Post button is available
- Check "Always disable..." -> Preview -> Post button is available

2.) The post previewer doesn't recognise fresh lines so if I write in paragraphs, it'll put everything in a block of text rather than with a space between each paragraph.

Noted, thanks, I'll work on a fix ASAP.

3.) Clicking on links in the previewer doesn't work. Let's say you make a link taking you to the URL www.newgrounds.com. This is where the link will take me in the previewer:

http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/post/quote/www.newgrounds.com

Hmm, that's a bit odd, thanks again. Do note that using the full URL ("http://www.newgrounds.com/") seems to work.

4.) When a link is posted to Newgrounds content (Games, Movies, Audio, Art), something like this doesn't come up:
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/309633
But just the URL text without a hyperlink comes up instead.

5.) Word wrap isn't working. When I make a long string of characters (like 60 m's next to each other) they break out of the post preview space instead of going to the next line.

6.) The top part of quoted text isn't grey.

7.) The line on the left of the quoted text isn't a full line but a dashed one.

(Pic).

I'm on Chrome 17 by the way!

Issues 4-7 are totally my fault, looks like the script I wrote to chew through the post text-area is a bit faulty, thanks, I'll check these issues out.

Step
Step
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG Feb. 23rd, 2012 @ 01:33 PM

At 1 hour ago, Xaotik wrote: I'm not sure what you mean by this, could you explain a bit more?

- Check "Always disable..." -> Uncheck "Always disable..." -> Post button is available

My bad, sorry. My explanation was pretty crappy.

Try this:

1.) Check "Always disable..."
2.) Preview post.
3.) Uncheck "Always disable..."
4.) Check "Always disable..."
5.) Post button remains greyed out.

Not such a massive bug since it can easily be resolved, but I thought it was worth mentioning!

BBS Signature
Xaotik
Xaotik
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Programmer
Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG Feb. 23rd, 2012 @ 02:01 PM

At 24 minutes ago, Supersteph54 wrote:
At 1 hour ago, Xaotik wrote: I'm not sure what you mean by this, could you explain a bit more?

My bad, sorry. My explanation was pretty crappy.

Try this:

1.) Check "Always disable..."
2.) Preview post.
3.) Uncheck "Always disable..."
4.) Check "Always disable..."
5.) Post button remains greyed out.

Not such a massive bug since it can easily be resolved, but I thought it was worth mentioning!

And an easy bug to fix, thanks for the explanation, I found it almost immediately.

The script has that bug fixed now, I'm going to start working on the others soon. Also, I'd be glad to hear any requests from you guys for new scripts.

Carrion
Carrion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG Feb. 23rd, 2012 @ 02:57 PM

A request: Any way you can make a dandy little script for us artists? A notification button up top that shows all the recent comments and ratings on art, audio, flash etc?

And so you wont have ten million notifications (if your popular)
it will show that you have x notifications on the button but each notification represents the specific submition that has been rated/commented on, so when you click on the notifications it will drop into a submenu and it will say "4 people have commented on x" Similar to facebook.

just a idea

BBS Signature
Step
Step
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG Feb. 23rd, 2012 @ 03:11 PM

At 9 minutes ago, Captain-Carrion wrote: A request: Any way you can make a dandy little script for us artists? A notification button up top that shows all the recent comments and ratings on art, audio, flash etc?

And so you wont have ten million notifications (if your popular)
it will show that you have x notifications on the button but each notification represents the specific submition that has been rated/commented on, so when you click on the notifications it will drop into a submenu and it will say "4 people have commented on x" Similar to facebook.
just a idea

This would be great but it's already being worked on by the staff so it's pointless to work on it and waste all that time when the feature will be implemented eventually. They're making some sort of page which gives you all the notifications you need, including when a favourite artist posts a submission/newspost, when you get a review, when you get a review response, etc... Here's a little preview of what they're aiming on achieving.

BBS Signature
Slint
Slint
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Audiophile
Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG Feb. 23rd, 2012 @ 03:23 PM

Xaotix thanks for all the hard work, this is all really great.

Pretend not to care about anything, but be bothered by everything.
You may be fast on the roads but it's no use on the track.
ScaryPicnic made me do it.My letterboxd.

BBS Signature
Xaotik
Xaotik
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Programmer
Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG Feb. 23rd, 2012 @ 04:18 PM

At 37 minutes ago, Slint wrote: Xaotix thanks for all the hard work, this is all really great.

No problem! I actually really like making scripts because figuring out how to make new features with finite resources (provided by the webpage) is like a fun little puzzle (for me, at least)

Also Captain-Carrion, you've got a good idea, but like Supersteph said, the staff is planning on rolling out an update to the notifications system we already have, in fact, my Event Feed + script relies on the skeleton of the notification system by downloading the plain-text version of your account's activity feed page to your browser's memory every so often, checks for anything new since the last time it checked, and puts up a number of new events in the icon if theres something new. Basically, what I'm saying is, when the new notification system goes live, I can modify my script to fit it and make even cooler features.

Also, new script for you guys (I know, I've made a bunch of new ones lately, I've had this whole week off but I'm saving my vacation money so I'm just sitting at home drawing and programming/scripting)

Name: EasyBar
Description: Makes navigating NG a little easier by changing the bar at the top to trail when you scroll.

Notes:

This script changes the behavior of Flash .swf content by forcing a slower rendering mode on submissions you view. I had to do this to stop the submission from overlapping with the menu bar.

If you have an older or slower computer, download the "Lite" version instead. It's not quite as nice to look at, but it will not change the behavior of .swf content on NG.

Works with: Chrome, Firefox 10.0+

[Regular Version]
[Lite Version]

EJR
EJR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Animator
Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG Feb. 23rd, 2012 @ 04:27 PM

At 5 minutes ago, Xaotik wrote: Name: EasyBar
Description: Makes navigating NG a little easier by changing the bar at the top to trail when you scroll.

Yo this is awesome. I hope you can find other ways to improve the top bar. Nothing comes to mind right now tho.

Portal, Chat & BBS Moderator

BBS Signature
Carrion
Carrion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG Feb. 23rd, 2012 @ 07:11 PM

The scrolling bar is super handy thank you so much.
And im glad that the staff is working away at the notification system already. Im more than impressed by your work and the rate in which you produce code. Im a artist so this stuff comes across as gibberish to me but i do appreciate it.

BBS Signature