• 643 Replies
Xaotik
Xaotik
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Programmer
Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2012-02-22 17:25:43

New Script! Did Zombie-Monkey's request!

Name: BBSJump
Description: Brings back the "Jump to Forum" feature.
Works with: Chrome - [My version of Firefox looks like its utterly broken (maybe a bad add-on), so if anyone can verify for FF, that'd be great]

Download

Preview:

GreaseMonkey scripts for NG

EJR
EJR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Animator
Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2012-02-22 17:31:35

At 1 minute ago, Xaotik wrote: Works with: Chrome - [My version of Firefox looks like its utterly broken (maybe a bad add-on), so if anyone can verify for FF, that'd be great]

Tested on FIrefox - Broken. Can you also put it at the bottom or is that too much 2 ask for?

BBS Signature
Xaotik
Xaotik
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Programmer
Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2012-02-22 17:50:54

At 15 minutes ago, EJR wrote:
At 1 minute ago, Xaotik wrote: Works with: Chrome - [My version of Firefox looks like its utterly broken (maybe a bad add-on), so if anyone can verify for FF, that'd be great]
Tested on FIrefox - Broken. Can you also put it at the bottom or is that too much 2 ask for?

Ok, just figured out the Firefox issue, mistake on my part, thankfully Mozilla has really good documentation.

Should work on Firefox now, I'm planning to make the bottom have a selector as well, but for now, it will turn into a button to jump to the top selector.

Fixed Version

Xaotik
Xaotik
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Programmer
Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2012-02-22 20:39:37

Ok, made some final changes to BBSJump.

1. FireFox compatibility should now be 100% for version 10.0 and above.
2. Some minor stylistic changes to make it fit better with the rest of the site's style.
3. The menu is no-longer dependent on ID names, so there is now a Jump menu on the footer as well.

Download Here

WiiFittoToreinaa
WiiFittoToreinaa
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Melancholy
Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2012-02-22 22:12:18

can someone re-make a auto emotion icon and does this work for explorer

Get lyrically fit!!!!
Props to Embr for putting my sig into shape!!!

BBS Signature
ZombieMonkey
ZombieMonkey
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 19
Melancholy
Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2012-02-22 22:15:19

At 1 hour ago, Xaotik wrote: Ok, made some final changes to BBSJump.

1. FireFox compatibility should now be 100% for version 10.0 and above.
2. Some minor stylistic changes to make it fit better with the rest of the site's style.
3. The menu is no-longer dependent on ID names, so there is now a Jump menu on the footer as well.

Download Here

THANK YOU SO MUCH! It works great! :D

"I need a katana to slice a banana"

Xaotik
Xaotik
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Programmer
Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2012-02-22 22:28:50

At 1 minute ago, tsukikomi wrote: can someone re-make a auto emotion icon and does this work for explorer

I'll take a crack at auto-emote...

As far as explorer goes though, IE is notorious amongst developers for not following the "rules" associated with the DOM Model.

Basically, that means in English, IE probably won't work with any of these scripts because IE does things differently from other browsers.

Of course nobody can make you do anything, but as a scripter, I'm going to strongly, strongly suggest that you switch to a more compatible and more secure browser, such as FF or Chrome.

You can read some statistics here as to what browsers support new HTML5 protocols (to give you an idea about browser compatibility).

This site offers a browser test for JavaScript support, it will start as soon as you click the link though.

Xaotik
Xaotik
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Programmer
Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2012-02-23 10:44:21

Hey guys, new script for you!

Name: BBS Preview Button
Description: Allows you to preview BBS posts (in the same page) before you post them! Also has a toggle for "Safe Mode" that won't let you post until you preview.

Works with: Chrome, FireFox 10.0+

[Download & Install]
[Demo of Script]

Step
Step
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2012-02-23 11:03:14

At 1 minute ago, Xaotik wrote: Hey guys, new script for you!

Description: Allows you to preview BBS posts (in the same page) before you post them! Also has a toggle for "Safe Mode" that won't let you post until you preview.

[Download & Install]
[Demo of Script]

That's amazing, great work. Just a few glitches though, but I really appreciate the hard work you're putting into this.

1.) When I disable posting without preview, preview the post, click enable and then disable again, the Post button remains greyed out.

2.) The post previewer doesn't recognise fresh lines so if I write in paragraphs, it'll put everything in a block of text rather than with a space between each paragraph.

3.) Clicking on links in the previewer doesn't work. Let's say you make a link taking you to the URL www.newgrounds.com. This is where the link will take me in the previewer:

http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/post/quote/www.newgrounds.com

4.) When a link is posted to Newgrounds content (Games, Movies, Audio, Art), something like this doesn't come up:

• My Name is Tom
    My Name is Tom by TomFulp

A song about me!

Score
    3.59 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Industrial
    Popularity

But just the URL text without a hyperlink comes up instead.

5.) Word wrap isn't working. When I make a long string of characters (like 60 m's next to each other) they break out of the post preview space instead of going to the next line.

6.) The top part of quoted text isn't grey.

7.) The line on the left of the quoted text isn't a full line but a dashed one.

(Pic).

I'm on Chrome 17 by the way!

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature
Xaotik
Xaotik
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Programmer
Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2012-02-23 12:04:45

At 51 minutes ago, Supersteph54 wrote:
At 1 minute ago, Xaotik wrote: Hey guys, new script for you!

[Download & Install]
[Demo of Script]
That's amazing, great work. Just a few glitches though, but I really appreciate the hard work you're putting into this.

1.) When I disable posting without preview, preview the post, click enable and then disable again, the Post button remains greyed out.

I'm not sure what you mean by this, could you explain a bit more?
(I just tried the following situations and it seems to work on my end)

- Check "Always disable..." -> Uncheck "Always disable..." -> Post button is available
- Check "Always disable..." -> Preview -> Post button is available

2.) The post previewer doesn't recognise fresh lines so if I write in paragraphs, it'll put everything in a block of text rather than with a space between each paragraph.

Noted, thanks, I'll work on a fix ASAP.

3.) Clicking on links in the previewer doesn't work. Let's say you make a link taking you to the URL www.newgrounds.com. This is where the link will take me in the previewer:

http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/post/quote/www.newgrounds.com

Hmm, that's a bit odd, thanks again. Do note that using the full URL ("http://www.newgrounds.com/") seems to work.

4.) When a link is posted to Newgrounds content (Games, Movies, Audio, Art), something like this doesn't come up:
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/309633
But just the URL text without a hyperlink comes up instead.

5.) Word wrap isn't working. When I make a long string of characters (like 60 m's next to each other) they break out of the post preview space instead of going to the next line.

6.) The top part of quoted text isn't grey.

7.) The line on the left of the quoted text isn't a full line but a dashed one.

(Pic).

I'm on Chrome 17 by the way!

Issues 4-7 are totally my fault, looks like the script I wrote to chew through the post text-area is a bit faulty, thanks, I'll check these issues out.

Step
Step
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2012-02-23 13:33:07

At 1 hour ago, Xaotik wrote: I'm not sure what you mean by this, could you explain a bit more?

- Check "Always disable..." -> Uncheck "Always disable..." -> Post button is available

My bad, sorry. My explanation was pretty crappy.

Try this:

1.) Check "Always disable..."
2.) Preview post.
3.) Uncheck "Always disable..."
4.) Check "Always disable..."
5.) Post button remains greyed out.

Not such a massive bug since it can easily be resolved, but I thought it was worth mentioning!

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature
Xaotik
Xaotik
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Programmer
Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2012-02-23 14:01:01

At 24 minutes ago, Supersteph54 wrote:
At 1 hour ago, Xaotik wrote: I'm not sure what you mean by this, could you explain a bit more?

My bad, sorry. My explanation was pretty crappy.

Try this:

1.) Check "Always disable..."
2.) Preview post.
3.) Uncheck "Always disable..."
4.) Check "Always disable..."
5.) Post button remains greyed out.

Not such a massive bug since it can easily be resolved, but I thought it was worth mentioning!

And an easy bug to fix, thanks for the explanation, I found it almost immediately.

The script has that bug fixed now, I'm going to start working on the others soon. Also, I'd be glad to hear any requests from you guys for new scripts.

Carrion
Carrion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Melancholy
Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2012-02-23 14:57:36

A request: Any way you can make a dandy little script for us artists? A notification button up top that shows all the recent comments and ratings on art, audio, flash etc?

And so you wont have ten million notifications (if your popular)
it will show that you have x notifications on the button but each notification represents the specific submition that has been rated/commented on, so when you click on the notifications it will drop into a submenu and it will say "4 people have commented on x" Similar to facebook.

just a idea

BBS Signature
Step
Step
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2012-02-23 15:11:24

At 9 minutes ago, Captain-Carrion wrote: A request: Any way you can make a dandy little script for us artists? A notification button up top that shows all the recent comments and ratings on art, audio, flash etc?

And so you wont have ten million notifications (if your popular)
it will show that you have x notifications on the button but each notification represents the specific submition that has been rated/commented on, so when you click on the notifications it will drop into a submenu and it will say "4 people have commented on x" Similar to facebook.
just a idea

This would be great but it's already being worked on by the staff so it's pointless to work on it and waste all that time when the feature will be implemented eventually. They're making some sort of page which gives you all the notifications you need, including when a favourite artist posts a submission/newspost, when you get a review, when you get a review response, etc... Here's a little preview of what they're aiming on achieving.

BBS Signature
Slint
Slint
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Blank Slate
Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2012-02-23 15:23:04

Xaotix thanks for all the hard work, this is all really great.

Pretend not to care about anything, but be bothered by everything.
You may be fast on the roads but it's no use on the track.
ScaryPicnic made me do it.My letterboxd.

BBS Signature
Xaotik
Xaotik
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Programmer
Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2012-02-23 16:18:57

At 37 minutes ago, Slint wrote: Xaotix thanks for all the hard work, this is all really great.

No problem! I actually really like making scripts because figuring out how to make new features with finite resources (provided by the webpage) is like a fun little puzzle (for me, at least)

Also Captain-Carrion, you've got a good idea, but like Supersteph said, the staff is planning on rolling out an update to the notifications system we already have, in fact, my Event Feed + script relies on the skeleton of the notification system by downloading the plain-text version of your account's activity feed page to your browser's memory every so often, checks for anything new since the last time it checked, and puts up a number of new events in the icon if theres something new. Basically, what I'm saying is, when the new notification system goes live, I can modify my script to fit it and make even cooler features.

Also, new script for you guys (I know, I've made a bunch of new ones lately, I've had this whole week off but I'm saving my vacation money so I'm just sitting at home drawing and programming/scripting)

Name: EasyBar
Description: Makes navigating NG a little easier by changing the bar at the top to trail when you scroll.

Notes:

This script changes the behavior of Flash .swf content by forcing a slower rendering mode on submissions you view. I had to do this to stop the submission from overlapping with the menu bar.

If you have an older or slower computer, download the "Lite" version instead. It's not quite as nice to look at, but it will not change the behavior of .swf content on NG.

Works with: Chrome, Firefox 10.0+

[Regular Version]
[Lite Version]

EJR
EJR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Animator
Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2012-02-23 16:27:03

At 5 minutes ago, Xaotik wrote: Name: EasyBar
Description: Makes navigating NG a little easier by changing the bar at the top to trail when you scroll.

Yo this is awesome. I hope you can find other ways to improve the top bar. Nothing comes to mind right now tho.

BBS Signature
Carrion
Carrion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Melancholy
Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2012-02-23 19:11:36

The scrolling bar is super handy thank you so much.
And im glad that the staff is working away at the notification system already. Im more than impressed by your work and the rate in which you produce code. Im a artist so this stuff comes across as gibberish to me but i do appreciate it.

BBS Signature
Xaotik
Xaotik
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Programmer
Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2012-02-23 19:13:56

Hey guys, just a little teaser for you all.

I'm working on another new script, that will be able to save certain data. It's going to be a tribute of sorts to one of the obsolete scripts (not one made by me).

Anyway, I just ran some stress tests on the bare-bones code I'm writing, and I can proudly say that if your browser supports HTML5 Storage, you'll be able to effortlessly save up to 6000 pieces of data, in under 1/10th of a MB worth of space.

Most modern browsers support HTML5 Storage, heres a list I found:

- IE 8.0+
- Firefox 3.5+
- Safari 4.0+
- Chrome 4.0+
- Opera 10.5+

Can't wait to get this cool new script out to you guys.

Xaotik
Xaotik
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Programmer
Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2012-02-24 10:53:48

Got a new beta available guys. Debating whether or not to do a totally public release because some of the less-regular users visitors might not keep up with updating, and they'd miss out.

For the moment, shoot me a PM if you're interested in the beta of this script, that'll give me a way to keep track of who downloaded and I can send back PMs whenever I push a new update. Also, your browser must have HTML5 Local Storage enabled to use this, and for those who don't know, Local Storage is basically a major improvement upon "cookies" that allow them to store more data and are less resource intense when loading pages.

As for the script, its the one I hinted at yesterday, I'm naming it "Eagle Eye" and its a tribute/revival of the old thread watch.

Its current functions include:

- "Pinning" threads from within thread
- Managing your "pinned" threads from "http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/search/author/#username" (so basically if you click to view your posts)

I'm planning to include:

- Live updates to pinned thread lists, pinned status of threads
- An ability to search through threads you've pinned
- Access to the Pinned Manager from more BBS Pages

I'd like to include:

- Rearranging of pinned threads
- Reminders - a message you can set to remind yourself why you pinned the thread

Here's some screens from my beta:

Xaotik
Xaotik
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Programmer
Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2012-02-24 16:18:52

Ok guys.

I decided to scrap the whole "PM me to beta test" thing.

Here's a public BETA of Eagle Eye.

Current features include:

- Same pinning as described before
- Same pinning manager in your posts section
- Delete all button
- Auto-sync
- Keyword filtering

Planned features:

- Create versions of the pinning manager for forum indexes/bbs pages/etc
- Refine search algorithm
- Custom info such as comments to be attached to the thread
- Custom keywords to be attached
- Share buttons in the thread manager

Here's a picture of the new, updated thread manager:

Xaotik
Xaotik
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Programmer
Slint
Slint
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Blank Slate
Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2012-02-24 16:31:53

Once again, awesome.

Pretend not to care about anything, but be bothered by everything.
You may be fast on the roads but it's no use on the track.
ScaryPicnic made me do it.My letterboxd.

BBS Signature
Xaotik
Xaotik
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Programmer
Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2012-02-24 17:40:46

Quick update guys.

I uploaded the old level icons I recreated to my database.

There are now two Nostalgia Levels scripts.

- The "Vanilla" version has the files written into the script, but it's a bit of a large filesize. It will slow down page loads if used on a page with a lot of level icons (like a thread)

- The "Dynamic" version, as I call it. It's dynamic because the icons can be changed whenever needed and with little effort.

The main difference, however, is this:

Vanilla makes page loads take a bit longer, but has the icons instantly.

Dynamic has a slight delay to load the icons, but the page loads quicker.

You can take your pick now.

[Vanilla] [Dynamic]

EJR
EJR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Animator
Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2012-02-25 03:33:08

At 11 hours ago, Xaotik wrote: Here's a public BETA of Eagle Eye.

Not working on Chrome OR Firefox for me

Latest versions :-(

BBS Signature
Xaotik
Xaotik
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Programmer
Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2012-02-25 05:22:54

At 1 hour ago, EJR wrote:
At 11 hours ago, Xaotik wrote: Here's a public BETA of Eagle Eye.
Not working on Chrome OR Firefox for me

Latest versions :-(

Make sure localStorage is enabled (it might be called something else like "DOM Storage"/"Site Storage"), and also open the Dev console in Chrome, (Firebug probably works a bit better on FF) and see if you can spot any errors. I did check for errors fairly thoroughly, but if something pops up, shoot me a PM. Best of luck. I'm posting from my phone right now, so I'll take a second look at the script when I'm back at my desktop.

EJR
EJR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Animator
Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2012-02-25 14:35:02

At 9 hours ago, Xaotik wrote: Make sure localStorage is enabled (it might be called something else like "DOM Storage"/"Site Storage"), and also open the Dev console in Chrome,

I have no idea how to do this..

BBS Signature
Xaotik
Xaotik
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Programmer
Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2012-02-25 14:52:17

Well, Chrome defaults to having it on, so if you haven't messed with the settings, it should still be on.

Also, for the console, Wrench Button > Tools > Javascript Console.

Anything in red is an error, yellow is a warning.

And the source of the error will be chrome://extensions... if its from a script.

Xaotik
Xaotik
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Programmer
Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2012-02-26 00:31:24

Well guys, I really don't like quitting, but the code for Eagle Eye has topped 800 lines, and I feel that I could do a better job with it. My vacation, however, is over. I'm not saying I'm quitting on this script, but I've decided to shelve it until I have the time to go back through the code and optimize everything so it runs smoother.

And don't worry... when I do pick it back up, I'll hit every item I've put on the to-do list.

Until then, here is the most functional beta, version 0.6.0. Same pinning/search as before, along with a clear search button and sorting options.

I'm back to writing smaller scripts for the time being and taking requests too.
Sorry about this, guys, its just that work is back to regular speed for me...

Sectus
Sectus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Writer
Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2012-02-26 21:20:32

Would it be possible for me to request a new script that was originally made before the redesign? Basically it was a script that made icon and genre mods have the gold aura. If that is not possible, I would appreciate a script that just allowed me to view my aura as gold, with the "Moderator" text.

[Join my community, weakling!] - [Report Rule-Breaking Portal Submissions] - [I don't actually have a personality]

BBS Signature