00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Dieswyx just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

GreaseMonkey scripts for NG

73,698 Views | 475 Replies

Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2012-02-23 16:18:57

At 37 minutes ago, Slint wrote: Xaotix thanks for all the hard work, this is all really great.

No problem! I actually really like making scripts because figuring out how to make new features with finite resources (provided by the webpage) is like a fun little puzzle (for me, at least)

Also Captain-Carrion, you've got a good idea, but like Supersteph said, the staff is planning on rolling out an update to the notifications system we already have, in fact, my Event Feed + script relies on the skeleton of the notification system by downloading the plain-text version of your account's activity feed page to your browser's memory every so often, checks for anything new since the last time it checked, and puts up a number of new events in the icon if theres something new. Basically, what I'm saying is, when the new notification system goes live, I can modify my script to fit it and make even cooler features.

Also, new script for you guys (I know, I've made a bunch of new ones lately, I've had this whole week off but I'm saving my vacation money so I'm just sitting at home drawing and programming/scripting)

Name: EasyBar
Description: Makes navigating NG a little easier by changing the bar at the top to trail when you scroll.

Notes:

This script changes the behavior of Flash .swf content by forcing a slower rendering mode on submissions you view. I had to do this to stop the submission from overlapping with the menu bar.

If you have an older or slower computer, download the "Lite" version instead. It's not quite as nice to look at, but it will not change the behavior of .swf content on NG.

Works with: Chrome, Firefox 10.0+

[Regular Version]
[Lite Version]

Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2012-02-23 19:11:36

The scrolling bar is super handy thank you so much.
And im glad that the staff is working away at the notification system already. Im more than impressed by your work and the rate in which you produce code. Im a artist so this stuff comes across as gibberish to me but i do appreciate it.

BBS Signature

Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2012-02-23 19:13:56

Hey guys, just a little teaser for you all.

I'm working on another new script, that will be able to save certain data. It's going to be a tribute of sorts to one of the obsolete scripts (not one made by me).

Anyway, I just ran some stress tests on the bare-bones code I'm writing, and I can proudly say that if your browser supports HTML5 Storage, you'll be able to effortlessly save up to 6000 pieces of data, in under 1/10th of a MB worth of space.

Most modern browsers support HTML5 Storage, heres a list I found:

- IE 8.0+
- Firefox 3.5+
- Safari 4.0+
- Chrome 4.0+
- Opera 10.5+

Can't wait to get this cool new script out to you guys.

Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2012-02-24 10:53:48

Got a new beta available guys. Debating whether or not to do a totally public release because some of the less-regular users visitors might not keep up with updating, and they'd miss out.

For the moment, shoot me a PM if you're interested in the beta of this script, that'll give me a way to keep track of who downloaded and I can send back PMs whenever I push a new update. Also, your browser must have HTML5 Local Storage enabled to use this, and for those who don't know, Local Storage is basically a major improvement upon "cookies" that allow them to store more data and are less resource intense when loading pages.

As for the script, its the one I hinted at yesterday, I'm naming it "Eagle Eye" and its a tribute/revival of the old thread watch.

Its current functions include:

- "Pinning" threads from within thread
- Managing your "pinned" threads from "http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/search/author/#username" (so basically if you click to view your posts)

I'm planning to include:

- Live updates to pinned thread lists, pinned status of threads
- An ability to search through threads you've pinned
- Access to the Pinned Manager from more BBS Pages

I'd like to include:

- Rearranging of pinned threads
- Reminders - a message you can set to remind yourself why you pinned the thread

Here's some screens from my beta:

Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2012-02-24 16:18:52

Ok guys.

I decided to scrap the whole "PM me to beta test" thing.

Here's a public BETA of Eagle Eye.

Current features include:

- Same pinning as described before
- Same pinning manager in your posts section
- Delete all button
- Auto-sync
- Keyword filtering

Planned features:

- Create versions of the pinning manager for forum indexes/bbs pages/etc
- Refine search algorithm
- Custom info such as comments to be attached to the thread
- Custom keywords to be attached
- Share buttons in the thread manager

Here's a picture of the new, updated thread manager:

Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2012-02-24 16:20:45

Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2012-02-24 16:31:53

Once again, awesome.

Pretend not to care about anything, but be bothered by everything.

You may be fast on the roads but it's no use on the track.

ScaryPicnic made me do it.My letterboxd.

BBS Signature

Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2012-02-24 17:40:46

Quick update guys.

I uploaded the old level icons I recreated to my database.

There are now two Nostalgia Levels scripts.

- The "Vanilla" version has the files written into the script, but it's a bit of a large filesize. It will slow down page loads if used on a page with a lot of level icons (like a thread)

- The "Dynamic" version, as I call it. It's dynamic because the icons can be changed whenever needed and with little effort.

The main difference, however, is this:

Vanilla makes page loads take a bit longer, but has the icons instantly.

Dynamic has a slight delay to load the icons, but the page loads quicker.

You can take your pick now.

[Vanilla] [Dynamic]

Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2012-02-25 05:22:54

At 1 hour ago, EJR wrote:
At 11 hours ago, Xaotik wrote: Here's a public BETA of Eagle Eye.
Not working on Chrome OR Firefox for me

Latest versions :-(

Make sure localStorage is enabled (it might be called something else like "DOM Storage"/"Site Storage"), and also open the Dev console in Chrome, (Firebug probably works a bit better on FF) and see if you can spot any errors. I did check for errors fairly thoroughly, but if something pops up, shoot me a PM. Best of luck. I'm posting from my phone right now, so I'll take a second look at the script when I'm back at my desktop.

Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2012-02-25 14:52:17

Well, Chrome defaults to having it on, so if you haven't messed with the settings, it should still be on.

Also, for the console, Wrench Button > Tools > Javascript Console.

Anything in red is an error, yellow is a warning.

And the source of the error will be chrome://extensions... if its from a script.

Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2012-02-26 00:31:24

Well guys, I really don't like quitting, but the code for Eagle Eye has topped 800 lines, and I feel that I could do a better job with it. My vacation, however, is over. I'm not saying I'm quitting on this script, but I've decided to shelve it until I have the time to go back through the code and optimize everything so it runs smoother.

And don't worry... when I do pick it back up, I'll hit every item I've put on the to-do list.

Until then, here is the most functional beta, version 0.6.0. Same pinning/search as before, along with a clear search button and sorting options.

I'm back to writing smaller scripts for the time being and taking requests too.
Sorry about this, guys, its just that work is back to regular speed for me...

Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2012-02-26 21:20:32

Would it be possible for me to request a new script that was originally made before the redesign? Basically it was a script that made icon and genre mods have the gold aura. If that is not possible, I would appreciate a script that just allowed me to view my aura as gold, with the "Moderator" text.

[Report Rule-Breaking Portal Submissions] - [Game & Movie Portal Moderator]

Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2012-02-26 21:25:06

Is there anywhere a list of icon/genre mods can be found, if so, I can do this.

Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2012-02-26 21:29:48

At 3 minutes ago, Xaotik wrote: Is there anywhere a list of icon/genre mods can be found, if so, I can do this.

Here you go.

Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2012-02-26 21:30:30

At 2 minutes ago, Xaotik wrote: Is there anywhere a list of icon/genre mods can be found, if so, I can do this.

Yeah, it is a little scrambled and not fit for the new redesign, but it is on www.newgrounds.com/lit/faq a long way down, there is the list of all the mods, with links to their profiles. It is under Icon Moderators.

I would still like the "Moderator" title to show, as well :p

Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2012-02-26 21:33:00

At 1 minute ago, Oolaph wrote:
At 3 minutes ago, Xaotik wrote: Is there anywhere a list of icon/genre mods can be found, if so, I can do this.
Here you go.

That list is not accurate, whereas the one I have provided is updated automatically.

Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2012-02-26 21:35:36

At 26 seconds ago, Sectus wrote:
Here you go.
That list is not accurate, whereas the one I have provided is updated automatically.

Ah, it didn't seem correct, but I figured I'd trust it since it was there on the wiki.

Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2012-02-26 21:41:13

At 45 seconds ago, Oolaph wrote: Ah, it didn't seem correct, but I figured I'd trust it since it was there on the wiki.

Most information on the Wiki is either outdated or incomplete at the moment. I miss the non-horribly-looking FAQ page.

BBS Signature

Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2012-02-26 21:41:25

I guess I could try my hand at a script that downloads a new copy of that list every week or so and writes it to the browser's storage. As far as the icon changing, thats literally as easy as swapping the class name of one element from "-[aura]" to "-mod"

Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2012-02-26 22:49:00

Making the requested script now guys, almost done.

Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2012-02-26 22:57:53

At 3 minutes ago, Xaotik wrote: Making the requested script now guys, almost done.

You sure are diligent when it comes to making these. You're an extraordinary member :)

I remember that before the redesign I used a script that allowed me to copy the direct link to any review. Is there already a new one compatible with the current design, or is it possible to develop? If so, that would be extremely convenient for reporting stuff to review mods.

BBS Signature

Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2012-02-26 23:14:58

At 14 minutes ago, YoungAndWise wrote:
At 3 minutes ago, Xaotik wrote: Making the requested script now guys, almost done.
You sure are diligent when it comes to making these. You're an extraordinary member :)

I remember that before the redesign I used a script that allowed me to copy the direct link to any review. Is there already a new one compatible with the current design, or is it possible to develop? If so, that would be extremely convenient for reporting stuff to review mods.

I suppose I could try that too, also, as far as updates go, I'm just about to code the last part of this script that keeps an up-to-date list of the mods.

Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2012-02-27 00:00:47

Ok, the script is pretty much done. It currently does everything it's supposed to, changes to gold aura and replaces the "Member" text with "Moderator". I'm going to release tomorrow though, I have an important event to go to tonight, and I'd like to implement a system where it only updates it's list once a week to avoid making tons of downloads from NG.

Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2012-02-27 16:51:03

Alright guys, sorry about the little hold up.

Script Name: ReModder

Features:

- Gives icon mods (couldn't find a list of genre mods on the FAQ, but a lot of icon mods double as genre mods, hopefully I can fix this soon) the gold aura and puts "Moderator" next to their name.

- Saves the list of icon mods to your browser's localStorage, and updates once every two days. This means that it will take the script a little while to recognize newer mods added to the list, but it will avoid making tons of HTTP Requests to Newgrounds for no reason, and the saved data can be read almost instantly.

- I've capped the data at a capacity which should (in theory) be able to save the names of 400-600 icon mods, so you should literally never run out of storage space because there are not even close to that many icon mods.

- The script has been minified, making it's download size a mere 3KB, if you'd like source code though, PM me.

Verified to work for: Chrome, FireFox 10.0.1+ (this one was a pain to debug on FF for a really stupid reason, but it should be 100%)

Please note though, this uses HTML5 Local Storage, every newest version of the popular browsers supports this feature. The script will warn you if your Local Storage is disabled, so make sure its on or the other features of the script won't work.

Download Link

Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2012-02-27 18:40:07

At 1 hour ago, Xaotik wrote: Alright guys, sorry about the little hold up.

Script Name: ReModder

Works like a charm on Firefox 10.0.2.

Thank you :D

BBS Signature

Response to GreaseMonkey scripts for NG 2012-02-28 13:43:15