• 9 Replies
dj-pope
dj-pope
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
I Have Me, Some Serious A.d.d. Mar. 5th, 2010 @ 08:43 PM

I have an Accounting mid-term tomorrow so of course I've been findings ways to put off studying. One of the things I've been doing is going through my projects folder in Fruity Loops.

Along this journey I realized that I have serious A.D.D.

I've got over 100 files in here, 90% of which are unfinished little riffs and clips. Some of them funny, some of them decent, some of them I'm definitely going to restart...

Anyways, I decided I might as well share a few of the more recent ones that I found (although some of the old ones are sooo bad it's actually funny). The titles are the actual names of the file (some of them are funny by themselves). I'm not saying that these are good, just the more recent ones (in the last 4 months-ish)

* - Potential, worth finishing?

First hit(cocky?)*

Distortion Guitar

Kickit

Hiphop Beat 2***

Release

SnakesN'Ladders*

Prydz Loop***

And of note, I found my first ever finished production... Gotta love the vocal break at 1:40!!!! Surprisingly, a shit ton of listens, downloads and favorites... (1 in 10 download to listen ratio?)

• This One's For Warsaw
    This One's For Warsaw by dj-pope

Click to listen.

Score
    4.36 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Trance
    Popularity

Anyways, I made this thread not with the intention to show off my crappy Work In Process (accounting term for you) but to see how others on here are in terms of the amount of projects they have. I can't be the only one that plays around a lot... What are some of your notable WIP? Whats the earliest production you have stored?

It's fun, try it.

Pat!M /// a.k.a Dj Pope

BBS Signature
jarrydn
jarrydn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to I Have Me, Some Serious A.d.d. Mar. 5th, 2010 @ 08:46 PM

This looks like a pretty blatant self advertisement to me, but I'll let it go for now...

Mich
Mich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Musician
Response to I Have Me, Some Serious A.d.d. Mar. 5th, 2010 @ 08:47 PM

At 3/5/10 08:43 PM, dj-pope wrote: Anyways, I made this thread not with the intention to show off my crappy Work In Process

Yet that mostly what you did actually.
---
More on topic: I do have a shit ton of works in progress sitting on my hard drive, all in various stages of completeness.
And Some sounds pretty pro-ish, others sound very crappy. I don't really intend to submit any of the WiPs I have though, I'm going to try and actually complete songs... sometime.

SessileNomad
SessileNomad
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to I Have Me, Some Serious A.d.d. Mar. 5th, 2010 @ 08:48 PM

At 3/5/10 08:46 PM, jarrydn wrote: This looks like a pretty blatant self advertisement to me, but I'll let it go for now...

exercise your banhammer, you know you want to

dj-pope
dj-pope
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to I Have Me, Some Serious A.d.d. Mar. 5th, 2010 @ 08:52 PM

You can remove the links if you want. Only one of them is actually on NG so it's not like I'm trying to promote myself.

I was asking if the astriks (*) ones were worth finishing but besides that this post was to see if anyone else had any WiP that are worth mentioning or what the earliest attempt at production is.

Pat!M /// a.k.a Dj Pope

BBS Signature
jarrydn
jarrydn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to I Have Me, Some Serious A.d.d. Mar. 5th, 2010 @ 08:57 PM

At 3/5/10 08:52 PM, dj-pope wrote: I was asking if the astriks (*) ones were worth finishing but besides that this post was to see if anyone else had any WiP that are worth mentioning or what the earliest attempt at production is.

For future reference, we have a WIP thread.

jarrydn
jarrydn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to I Have Me, Some Serious A.d.d. Mar. 5th, 2010 @ 09:56 PM

At 3/5/10 09:49 PM, LaForge wrote: I don't mean to backseat mod, but this is usually where the thread gets locked.

I am just curious to see if dj-pope has anything that he would like to add. Or should that be A.D.D?

dj-pope
dj-pope
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to I Have Me, Some Serious A.d.d. Mar. 6th, 2010 @ 03:21 PM

At 3/5/10 09:56 PM, jarrydn wrote:
At 3/5/10 09:49 PM, LaForge wrote: I don't mean to backseat mod, but this is usually where the thread gets locked.
I am just curious to see if dj-pope has anything that he would like to add. Or should that be A.D.D?

well considering the fact that no else seems to have anything to say, there no point of keeping it open by the looks of it.

Pat!M /// a.k.a Dj Pope

BBS Signature
Offgore
Offgore
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Musician
Response to I Have Me, Some Serious A.d.d. Mar. 6th, 2010 @ 05:09 PM

Lol, regs are already pwning jarrydn's banhammer :D

Though I think OP's post would be better if it was in his newspost instead of making a new topic x.x

Skela
Skela
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to I Have Me, Some Serious A.d.d. Mar. 6th, 2010 @ 05:29 PM

Sucks to be you.