00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

markololohands just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Guinea Pig (a Collaboration)

10,164 Views | 200 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Guinea Pig (a Collaboration) 2010-03-03 17:07:50

Hello all!

Im pleased to announce that MYSELF and THEBOOGLEY will be organizing a short fun collaboration!

Theme: Guinea pig (not the animal) - this collaboration is about Strange and F'd up Lab Experiments ....Mutations, creatures, stranger surgeries, ect....BE CREATIVE!
What do we want:: we are looking for short parts (5sec-30secs_tops) which are well made (incorporate some fbf) creative, and most of all, interesting to watch!

DUE:april first___ this should be an easy date to work with. one month to whip up a quick 15 second loop or short about sumthin random! (but also relevant!) this due date is non-negotiable

Framerate: 30fps....Plz

Canvas size: 600x600

that should be all you need to know! keep in mind we are looking for VERY high quality parts (even if short) quality over quantity. we will be posting some sample swfs in the thread to show the quality level we are looking for!

u'l be hearing plenty more about this project as time goes on

thanks alot guys now- lets create sum F'd up shit!

Freedom is the Right of All Sentient Beings

BBS Signature

Response to Guinea Pig (a Collaboration) 2010-03-03 17:35:22

im proud to be the first to join this collab!

i am so gonna love this (great idea)

need programmers for game. pm me if your interested.

Response to Guinea Pig (a Collaboration) 2010-03-03 17:41:13

alright mate! ( but just be careful- judging by the stuff on ur userpage i've seen i dont know if ur up to scratch for the quality we are goin for- but if u think u can come up with something awesome by april first than u are more than welcome to make a part!...but u've been warned! haha)

BBS Signature

Response to Guinea Pig (a Collaboration) 2010-03-03 17:44:21

its been a long time since i have submitted a serious peice and i am improving so i hope for the best:)

Response to Guinea Pig (a Collaboration) 2010-03-03 19:20:22

As RedHarvest said, I'll be co-creating this with him, and we're looking to make something so freakish that you're disgusted yet so beautiful you can't take your eyes off it... or something.
I'll be making the menus, preloader and compiling it, trust me, I'll be making them pretty.

The Throwback Collab, get on it!

BBS Signature

Response to Guinea Pig (a Collaboration) 2010-03-03 19:27:51

At 3/3/10 07:20 PM, TheBoogley wrote: As RedHarvest said, I'll be co-creating this with him, and we're looking to make something so freakish that you're disgusted yet so beautiful you can't take your eyes off it... or something.
I'll be making the menus, preloader and compiling it, trust me, I'll be making them pretty.

awww i wanted to make the menu but o well.

can i make game easter egg involving exploding stuff

Response to Guinea Pig (a Collaboration) 2010-03-03 19:45:45

This collab is yet another great idea. I look forward to seeing the culmination of those high-quality artists that take up the part!

Also, it's sweet that my music fits the part! Thanks for the incorporation :-D

Response to Guinea Pig (a Collaboration) 2010-03-05 02:09:07

Need a voice actor?

GiantJuicyKickballs the voice actor! May The Voice Be With You!

Response to Guinea Pig (a Collaboration) 2010-03-05 11:12:42

Sounds good, can i join?, i love boogley collabs i've been in one :D

When life gives you lemons. Don't make lemonade! Im the guy whose gonna' burn your house down, with the lemons!

-Cave Johnson.

BBS Signature

Response to Guinea Pig (a Collaboration) 2010-03-05 11:34:07

Hopefully I can join? I don't know if my quality will be up to par.... But the worst that can happen is that I create something not good enough, and you scrap it? My recent/only post shows what I'm capable of as far as trying to draw people is (But that's trying to be slightly detailed, and slightly messy for a humorous look.) And the absolute worse is you say no.

Hope I can put my name out there!

Response to Guinea Pig (a Collaboration) 2010-03-05 16:09:43

this is something i HAVE to get into! i love drawing hideous abominations!

urf.

BBS Signature

Response to Guinea Pig (a Collaboration) 2010-03-05 16:24:27

Sounds like a great idea! Hopefully, I can make the team.
I'll start right away :)

In the toaster

A bit too long

Response to Guinea Pig (a Collaboration) 2010-03-05 19:12:20

glad to see so much interest! but remember:

if ur making a part- really make sure its quality because we will only accept very well made parts!

BBS Signature

Response to Guinea Pig (a Collaboration) 2010-03-05 19:26:49

At 3/5/10 07:12 PM, RedHarvest wrote: glad to see so much interest! but remember:

if ur making a part- really make sure its quality because we will only accept very well made parts!

...................................unles s all the received parts are poor quality...

Response to Guinea Pig (a Collaboration) 2010-03-05 23:30:23

At 3/5/10 07:12 PM, RedHarvest wrote: glad to see so much interest! but remember:

Do you want to see a sample of what I have so far? I'm getting most of the initial drawing done right now, and I'm almost done. But, hopefully what I have is good enough.
And what is wanted for sound? Will there be music in the back ground, or should I put my own sounds and music?

Response to Guinea Pig (a Collaboration) 2010-03-06 00:27:57

i'm in on this. (;

The Animator's Knowledge Pool ~ for all your animation questions!

Response to Guinea Pig (a Collaboration) 2010-03-06 11:20:19

Do you want to see a sample of what I have so far? I'm getting most of the initial drawing done right now, and I'm almost done. But, hopefully what I have is good enough.
And what is wanted for sound? Will there be music in the back ground, or should I put my own sounds and music?

Id like to see a sample :D and im not sure, but I think you should just add your own sounds; but not music.. I'll be posting a sample of progress soon too.

In the toaster

A bit too long

Response to Guinea Pig (a Collaboration) 2010-03-06 12:26:37

At 3/6/10 11:20 AM, SlightlyToasted wrote: Id like to see a sample :D and im not sure, but I think you should just add your own sounds; but not music.. I'll be posting a sample of progress soon too.

Alright, well, here's a REALLY small preview. And since I'll be adding my own sound, then I'll probably try to make my own sound effects, and a little voice recording. But keep in mind that I don't do super drawing for a comedic effect, and my sound effects may be like mouth made (so like zoom out and walking noises, but I'm not sure yet. Depends on what I can find on the internet.

Response to Guinea Pig (a Collaboration) 2010-03-06 12:49:24

I think perhaps "lab rat" would also be a good title. I may join this if I find I have time.

Response to Guinea Pig (a Collaboration) 2010-03-06 13:05:59

Lol, I forgot to post the link to the preview..... Well, here it is for the rest to see. And mind you this is only like 1/4 or 1/8 done. Here's mah shit!

Response to Guinea Pig (a Collaboration) 2010-03-06 18:07:49

um, maybe...

Response to Guinea Pig (a Collaboration) 2010-03-06 18:18:03

I reckon I'll get in on this bastard, just finishing an assignment for now, but in a few days I'll start. :D

BBS Signature

Response to Guinea Pig (a Collaboration) 2010-03-06 19:11:51

im on it , will be fun to see everyones creations too.

chyea.

BBS Signature

Response to Guinea Pig (a Collaboration) 2010-03-06 20:05:22

Response to Guinea Pig (a Collaboration) 2010-03-06 20:44:23

Response to Guinea Pig (a Collaboration) 2010-03-06 21:42:31

@ middlefingerrings: HOORAY!

@scot: it looks pretty good...i dont like the actualy video clip of the guinea pigs tho (also the first frame of the guy sitting there needs more actual ANIMATION. i like the weirdness tho.

@jake:at this point that is not the quality we are looking for in this project

@ all: we have A WHOLE MONTH to do this so just take ur time and it shouldnt be too tough!

BBS Signature

Response to Guinea Pig (a Collaboration) 2010-03-06 22:41:41

Ah well, I can't do much better, since that's what I was going for, so whatever. I'm out. I'm goin back to my own project.

Response to Guinea Pig (a Collaboration) 2010-03-07 03:49:14

Alright boys?

Well if you could use it, I would be willing to lend you my skills for this collab. I'm just about finished with my latest 'toon, "Q For Cucumber - Part One." and if Red (and Boogley!) really want's me too, then I'd love to!

One thing tho. What is the maximum length of each submission for any interested parties who may also wanna join?

Peace-out, pimps.

Ninechecker
x

Response to Guinea Pig (a Collaboration) 2010-03-07 10:21:31

At 3/6/10 09:42 PM, RedHarvest wrote: @scot: it looks pretty good...i dont like the actualy video clip of the guinea pigs tho (also the first frame of the guy sitting there needs more actual ANIMATION. i like the weirdness tho.

i was getting there, i just wanted to make the guide stuff, also, Should i put a little clothes on the fat guy

Response to Guinea Pig (a Collaboration) 2010-03-07 10:50:54

At 3/7/10 10:21 AM, scottwjsm wrote: i was getting there, i just wanted to make the guide stuff, also, Should i put a little clothes on the fat guy

perhaps...A THONG?

urf.

BBS Signature