00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TheADHX just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Video Game Crossovers

3,865 Views | 33 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Video Game Crossovers 2010-03-28 00:09:44

At 3/10/10 06:22 PM, The-Great-One wrote:
At 3/10/10 06:10 PM, PikaRobo wrote: But some of them are fun.
Never said they weren't fun. Just it's all fighting games.

Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing is a fun cross-over racing game :B. Bonus points for the 360 version, because of Banjo & Kazooei.

1. What video game crossover would you like to see?

Sony vs Microsoft vs Nintendo!

2. What video game crossover would you not like to see?

I dunno, dawg

3. What video game crossover sounds stupid, but it might work?

Valve + Volition Inc.

4. God did you really read all of this?

Yeah

i deserve death

dont click the link this account is shit and fuck me

BBS Signature

Response to Video Game Crossovers 2010-03-28 00:25:58

Hmmm..... Well Im sure you could do this in mods but I would like to see either TF2 mixed with HL2 or F03 mixed with TES:IV

Response to Video Game Crossovers 2010-03-28 00:46:41

At 3/12/10 06:12 PM, supperman2 wrote:
At 3/12/10 03:47 PM, SoulMaster71 wrote: Someone mentioned Halo x Metroid. No. Just, no.
Your argument is that Halo is overrated. Who cares? It still has a very good story and is fairly similar to Metroid in terms of that. The Covenant could team up with Space Pirates and shit. You could switch stories between Samus and Master Chief for their gameplay elements respectively. It would work.

I only know all of the story of Halo 1 and Reach. None of the others. The Covenant, most notably the "Elite" warriors bear a strong resemblance to the Space Pirates of Metroid Prime. Halo takes place in the 26th Century, and god knows when Metroid takes place, but with similar technologies, it can't be that far off from each other. It's just that in Halo we still use weapons that fire bullets while aliens fire plasma. In Metroid, the humans have traded the guns in for blasters.

But don't stop there. Remember the Flood? Yeah, the bastards who take over bodies of any living thing. Meet the Metroids. They don't take over bodies, but suck the life out of them instead. There was also the business with Phazon in Metroid Prime 3 that horribly changed living things that were too highly exposed to it. Too bad in Metroid the human race isn't in an all-out war with anybody.

So, how can you conjoin the stories? What if the Flood exists on another planet? What if that Federation Samus works for discovered such a planet and didn't report back in? Samus would be sent in to investigate, find the strange creatures and barely make it out alive after initiating a self-destruct. Somewhere afterwards, Samus meets the only other guy who fought the Flood and lived. Master Chief. They are the only warriors who have suitable combat suits for fighting the Flood and not getting taken over instantly. Thus, it is up to them to stop this alien race from spreading. Again, I don't know the story of all the Halos. So I don't know if the war with the Covenant ever "ends" or when such a story should take place in Halo's storyline. Either way, I'm sure it wouldn't be a problem to put in Covenant or Space Pirates into the mix.

Hey, I'm just throwing out some ideas. If there were a Halo/Metroid crossover, I would definitely check it out. Half the single player levels as Master Chief, the other half played as Samus. Maybe set up a co-op thing instead where you choose one to play as, and the other is an AI-controller partner who is an adequate fighter. Master Chief with his tough shields, or Samus with her vast array of weaponry for different situations. Give Master Chief commands to pick up a different gun, or tell Samus to use a different beam or get more aggressive with the missiles.

Oh, but I wouldn't reccomend putting in a love interest in the story. Both characters have proven to be quite emotionless. Though that may change for Samus in the upcoming Metroid: Other M, Master Chief said maybe four or five lines throughout Halo 1. And his voice actor was pretty terrible too.

I usually frequent the VG and collaboration Forums. If you find me anywhere else, I'm lost and can't find my way back.

Response to Video Game Crossovers 2010-05-27 22:31:59

Well people Marvel vs. Capcom 3 is coming out soon so I thought it would be a good idea to bump this thread and collect more information from all of you on that of Video Game Crossovers.