New Topic Respond to this Topic
JohnCreed
JohnCreed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
content not submited 2010-03-01 20:27:02 Reply

i submitted my own music about a month ago then i waited and it still isnt submitted in the god damn audio now im pissed cuz i think its because i added my dj name which is the same name as some guy that isnt even online enymore name of song R380RN dimension by DJ cr33d aka my real f**king dj name

Mich
Mich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Musician
Response to content not submited 2010-03-01 20:31:55 Reply

Well. You were either banned, or your audio hasn't been approved yet. I'm going to guess the former, because it probably won't take a month, even with how long the list is nowadays.

Check this little post I made and the consider if you could be banned. Ultimately, you can try and submit another piece, and then it'll tell you if you are banned. If not, it means you'll have to be patient for another while.

Here's some more information on the approval process: Awaiting Audio Approval?

Kirbyfemur
Kirbyfemur
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Audiophile
Response to content not submited 2010-03-01 20:32:12 Reply

At 3/1/10 08:27 PM, JohnCreed wrote: i submitted my own music about a month ago then i waited and it still isnt submitted in the god damn audio now im pissed cuz i think its because i added my dj name which is the same name as some guy that isnt even online enymore name of song R380RN dimension by DJ cr33d aka my real f**king dj name

Are you sure it was your own, or was it a remix, cause if you're trying to get by the rules with a slightly edited song that has already been made, then you think the audio moderators are stupid. PLease make sure that it is COMPLETELY original. Also make sure you search the threads to see if there was already one made for this sort of topic

JohnCreed
JohnCreed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to content not submited 2010-03-01 20:37:01 Reply

i see what ur getting at but i wasent banned my friend thought that it was because of my dj name and they thought i was stealing someones work but think for a second if it wasent mine would i say it was and i know for a fact that i made it and its aggrivating because my friends keep bugging me about getting it off newgrounds when they dont even approve it

Mich
Mich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Musician
Response to content not submited 2010-03-01 20:39:32 Reply

At 3/1/10 08:37 PM, JohnCreed wrote: i see what ur getting at but i wasent banned my friend thought that it was because of my dj name and they thought i was stealing someones work but think for a second if it wasent mine would i say it was and i know for a fact that i made it and its aggrivating because my friends keep bugging me about getting it off newgrounds when they dont even approve it

Well then it seems to me that the list is really backed up a lot. If you've been waiting for a month, it shouldn't take too much longer.

Kirbyfemur
Kirbyfemur
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Audiophile
Response to content not submited 2010-03-01 20:40:43 Reply

At 3/1/10 08:37 PM, JohnCreed wrote: i see what ur getting at but i wasent banned my friend thought that it was because of my dj name and they thought i was stealing someones work but think for a second if it wasent mine would i say it was and i know for a fact that i made it and its aggrivating because my friends keep bugging me about getting it off newgrounds when they dont even approve it

Sadly there are plenty of people who would argue to the death that a stolen song was theirs, but i'd post ing the awaiting for audio approval thread. Just realize that the mods are also busy having to deal with thousands of people trying to submit everyday.

JohnCreed
JohnCreed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to content not submited 2010-03-01 20:41:18 Reply

though i see what u mean i cant accept the fact its taking this long for reasons that i cannot state here and if i could i would post my song on another site but i can find one that will let me

loansindi
loansindi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Musician
Response to content not submited 2010-03-01 20:41:45 Reply

You'd be surprised how many people submit music that isn't theirs.

The easiest test is to try to upload something. If you've been banned, you will be informed during this process.

JohnCreed
JohnCreed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to content not submited 2010-03-01 20:43:34 Reply

i dont give a damn if people argue about stolen songs but i definetly know for a fact this is mine i made it with a dj program i found and turn tables my friend let me borrow

Kirbyfemur
Kirbyfemur
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Audiophile
Response to content not submited 2010-03-01 20:43:59 Reply

At 3/1/10 08:41 PM, JohnCreed wrote: though i see what u mean i cant accept the fact its taking this long for reasons that i cannot state here and if i could i would post my song on another site but i can find one that will let me

There are LOTS of sites thhat'll let you post, fuck even myspace would. All you need to do is be PATIENT! It'll do you some good in life.

loansindi
loansindi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Musician
Response to content not submited 2010-03-01 20:44:46 Reply

At 3/1/10 08:43 PM, JohnCreed wrote: i dont give a damn if people argue about stolen songs but i definetly know for a fact this is mine i made it with a dj program i found and turn tables my friend let me borrow

Well now I'm curious. What do you mean by 'DJ program' ?

Mich
Mich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Musician
Response to content not submited 2010-03-01 20:45:29 Reply

At 3/1/10 08:43 PM, JohnCreed wrote: i dont give a damn if people argue about stolen songs but i definetly know for a fact this is mine i made it with a dj program i found and turn tables my friend let me borrow

Did you use any songs by other people on your turntables?

loansindi
loansindi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Musician
Response to content not submited 2010-03-01 20:47:55 Reply

I just looked at your page, OP, and your song is right there.

Kirbyfemur
Kirbyfemur
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Audiophile
Response to content not submited 2010-03-01 20:50:47 Reply

At 3/1/10 08:47 PM, loansindi wrote: I just looked at your page, OP, and your song is right there.

Yeah, same here, i don't know what you're complaining about =\

Mrmilkcarton
Mrmilkcarton
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to content not submited 2010-03-01 22:27:11 Reply

At 3/1/10 08:47 PM, loansindi wrote: I just looked at your page, OP, and your song is right there.

This, end of discussion.

DjDema
DjDema
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to content not submited 2010-03-01 22:33:41 Reply

At 3/1/10 08:44 PM, loansindi wrote:

Just thought I'd answer your question: Virtual DJ there's also another I forget the name but I think it's like Acid DJ or something.

BBS Signature
Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Musician
Response to content not submited 2010-03-01 23:49:13 Reply

At 3/1/10 10:33 PM, DjDema wrote:
At 3/1/10 08:44 PM, loansindi wrote:
Just thought I'd answer your question: Virtual DJ there's also another I forget the name but I think it's like Acid DJ or something.

If he used Virtual DJ, he DID NOT make his own original music... V-DJ is NOT a sequencer, and has no capability to actually create anything.

Audio/BBS Mod
News: Something's coming... - Music: Final Destination (Loop) - Art: Kira
\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature
DjDema
DjDema
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to content not submited 2010-03-02 00:11:23 Reply

I think he was just referring to DJ software not production software.

BBS Signature
Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Musician
Response to content not submited 2010-03-02 00:33:49 Reply

At 3/2/10 12:11 AM, DjDema wrote: I think he was just referring to DJ software not production software.

That's my point, anything you "make" in DJ software isn't an original creation, and therefore does not belong on this site...

Unless you are remixing something from an artist already on this site with their permission.

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature
Breed
Breed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to content not submited 2010-03-02 00:47:44 Reply

There's so much flame potential in this thread.

But skipping all that, lets just let this waste of space fade away since the solution has been found.

loansindi
loansindi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Musician
Response to content not submited 2010-03-02 01:16:50 Reply

At 3/2/10 12:33 AM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: Unless you are remixing something from an artist already on this site with their permission.

I just want to address that you can reuse any content in the AP in whatever fashion you like so long as you attribute the original creator, permission or not. That's the nature of a CC license.

Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Musician
Response to content not submited 2010-03-02 01:18:49 Reply

At 3/2/10 01:16 AM, loansindi wrote:
At 3/2/10 12:33 AM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: Unless you are remixing something from an artist already on this site with their permission.
I just want to address that you can reuse any content in the AP in whatever fashion you like so long as you attribute the original creator, permission or not. That's the nature of a CC license.

Dammit loans, you always find a flaw in my post. You make me doubt my posting finesse!

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature
loansindi
loansindi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Musician
Response to content not submited 2010-03-02 01:29:35 Reply

At 3/2/10 01:18 AM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: Dammit loans, you always find a flaw in my post. You make me doubt my posting finesse!

I live to be just as pedantic as possible.