00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

kyzakay just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

chow #34

3,187 Views | 31 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

chow #34 2010-03-01 15:22:38

ok new chow, this weeks topic is the goddess draw your interpretation of a goddess, it can be any genre be it greek, indian, etc

Art rules
- no ms paint
- humanoid creatures only (arms legs hands etc)
- make it based on my loose description
- no other creatures unless they are the secondary focus of the piece
- only one finished piece per person
- wips can be posted in this thread
- post in this thread with the finished piece and a link to a bigger version if necessary
- create new art dont post old work
- character must be relevant to the topic
- take time, terrible art wont be accepted to voting
- feel free to make descriptions and/or backstories

dont forget to vote on the chow #33

and feel free to post ideas on my userpage

chow #34

Response to chow #34 2010-03-01 17:45:08

Oh, cool. A Chow made specifically for female characters! This, and the "supreme being" thing, I think I can work with.
I think I can come up with some cool ideas for this one. I'll do better than last week, I swear!

If anyone does something based on The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi, I'll probably hurt you.

My Art Thread.

Eeureka! With an exclamation point!

BBS Signature

Response to chow #34 2010-03-01 18:11:40

At 3/1/10 05:45 PM, Luxembourg wrote: Oh, cool. A Chow made specifically for female characters!

Yeah, I dont draw women... I generally have the strategy of "ignore it and itll go away".

nah jk... I really suck at drawing women though... even more than I suck at men...

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to chow #34 2010-03-01 18:25:52

I like this ChoW idea, I'll make something if I get the motivation to do so. =3

This sig is 100% effective protection from all hexes, curses, evil spirits and bad karma. Guaranteed.

BBS Signature

Response to chow #34 2010-03-01 18:32:43

At 3/1/10 06:11 PM, J-qb wrote:
At 3/1/10 05:45 PM, Luxembourg wrote: Oh, cool. A Chow made specifically for female characters!
Yeah, I dont draw women... I generally have the strategy of "ignore it and itll go away".

nah jk... I really suck at drawing women though... even more than I suck at men...

Women are aesthetically superior to men... in my opinion, anyways. I used to have a REALLY hard time drawing girls. I wanted to draw them pretty badly, though, so I worked really hard for a period if time drawing nothing but girls, and I got better at it. Not perfect, but I'm way better with girls than I am with guys.
Posemaniacs is a pretty good way to practice with the female form.

My Art Thread.

BBS Signature

Response to chow #34 2010-03-02 20:12:27

WIP

Thank God for Posemaniacs, otherwise I never would have been able to draw the hands.

chow #34

I have nothing to say that is at all relevant.

BBS Signature

Response to chow #34 2010-03-03 02:33:50

Ok i'm definitely gonna have a shot at this weeks. Got a really busy week though so I dunno, if I have the time i'll definitely do it, but my art and stuffs sort of having to go on a bit of a back burner just now : /

nobody goes there anymore. its too popular.

BBS Signature

Response to chow #34 2010-03-04 02:43:40

Man, I'm a sucker for art challenge threads. On task: While the sacred virgin image has always been the cadillac of the Goddess image, I've always been partial to the oddballs. Say hello to Echidna, Mother of all Monsters.
Not really happy with how it turned out, but I stand by the idea.
-Jared

chow #34

Who doesn't have a website these days? (Head Injury Theater)

Response to chow #34 2010-03-05 20:39:38

ok i wanted to ask, do you guys mind if next week is a two weeker, cause i need some time to get some college work, also this is a shameless bump

Response to chow #34 2010-03-05 21:48:17

At 3/5/10 08:39 PM, ashman112 wrote: ok i wanted to ask, do you guys mind if next week is a two weeker, cause i need some time to get some college work, also this is a shameless bump

I'd be fine with that, myself.
This week isn't getting nearly the activity that last week got. I've started on mine, though. Expect it to be much better than last week.

My Art Thread.

BBS Signature

Response to chow #34 2010-03-06 05:23:27

At 3/5/10 08:39 PM, ashman112 wrote: ok i wanted to ask, do you guys mind if next week is a two weeker, cause i need some time to get some college work, also this is a shameless bump

Oh I'm totally down with an extension. It's not like there are prizes and well, one entry is a sad, sad thing. Particularly when it's mine. And sad. The painting I mean.
-Jared

Who doesn't have a website these days? (Head Injury Theater)

Response to chow #34 2010-03-06 08:36:24

Sure, now I can make mine ridiculously elaborate!

Response to chow #34 2010-03-06 12:15:33

ok new deadline for this chow monday 15th march

what i actually meant was, should i make the next chow topic a two weeker, like a multi-character deal, but ill save that for after this one, and a deadlines extension for this is the best idea since so many people have started, and i really want to see felis finish that :3

Response to chow #34 2010-03-06 16:34:35

WIP. I felt like posting it, not sure why.
I need to color more of it and add a background. It's taking longer than I expected it to!
(I won't explain the theme of it until I'm done. No, she isn't the goddess of death.)

chow #34

My Art Thread.

BBS Signature

Response to chow #34 2010-03-06 16:47:42

At 3/6/10 04:34 PM, Luxembourg wrote: WIP. I felt like posting it, not sure why.
I need to color more of it and add a background. It's taking longer than I expected it to!
(I won't explain the theme of it until I'm done. No, she isn't the goddess of death.)

wips are good, not many people post them though which is dissapointing, looks good so far

Response to chow #34 2010-03-09 23:22:11

At 3/6/10 04:47 PM, ashman112 wrote: wips are good, not many people post them though which is dissapointing, looks good so far

Ok I'll do one >.>...
Can I do the Nude Goddess of Censor Bars? :P with hot busty XXX action :D

I'll think up a real idea soon enough....

Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature

Response to chow #34 2010-03-10 13:47:21

At 3/9/10 11:22 PM, Kinsei01 wrote:
At 3/6/10 04:47 PM, ashman112 wrote: wips are good, not many people post them though which is dissapointing, looks good so far
Ok I'll do one >.>...
I'll think up a real idea soon enough....

after the comic we did, anything goes, we have no boundaries anymore

Response to chow #34 2010-03-10 16:00:17

At 3/10/10 01:47 PM, ashman112 wrote: after the comic we did, anything goes, we have no boundaries anymore

Our souls have already been lost to the abyss. The damned have nothing to fear, for they have nothing to lose :D

I like that!

BBS Signature

Response to chow #34 2010-03-11 07:21:57

Yeah I couldn't land the pose for this one no matter what I tried. in my opinion, my entry is a complete failure this round, sorry guys.
maybe I'll have better luck next time....

A fairy goddess, I think I'll call her....
Amelia.....

good enough for this steaming pile that is artwork >:(

chow #34

BBS Signature

Response to chow #34 2010-03-11 07:56:38

At 3/11/10 07:21 AM, Kinsei01 wrote: Yeah I couldn't land the pose for this one no matter what I tried. in my opinion, my entry is a complete failure this round, sorry guys.
maybe I'll have better luck next time....

A fairy goddess, I think I'll call her....
Amelia.....
good enough for this steaming pile that is artwork >:(

its not a failure, your too modest. just dont ink it for gumby and youll be fine

Response to chow #34 2010-03-11 19:27:43

At 3/9/10 11:22 PM, Kinsei01 wrote:

No U.

The Nonsensicalian civilization's Goddess of Lust was written in their texts as beautiful and daemonic. Some of their other texts debated whether the goddess was beautiful or not, but all texts shared the same facts.

That she was what happened when you went to hell for lust, that she was gigantic, and that her naughty bits were filled with various blades, splinters and teeth.

Historians today do not debate that the Nonsensicalians were a sick minded people, and that their beliefs probably kept adultery and rape levels extremely low.

Big.

chow #34

I have nothing to say that is at all relevant.

BBS Signature

Response to chow #34 2010-03-14 15:54:26

Narcissa

Ancient Greek legends speak of the god Hephaestus who was rejected from Olympos for being a cripple, but a few rare description mention a twin sister who was also rejected for her looks. Like Hephaestus, she was also accepted begrudgingly amongst the gods after her contribution to the Trojan war under the condition that she wore a helmet at all times.
Disappointed and angry at the world, she became the goddess of misfortune, bringing (mostly fire-related) catastrophy upon all who dared look at her. That includes you.

Bigger version

chow #34

BBS Signature

Response to chow #34 2010-03-14 17:06:44

meh i started too late on this. wanted to do an earth goddess being worshipped as she emerges out of the forest place.

chow #34

Response to chow #34 2010-03-14 17:09:48

At 3/14/10 05:06 PM, jagondudo wrote: meh i started too late on this. wanted to do an earth goddess being worshipped as she emerges out of the forest place.

How long did it take you to paint, jagon?

BBS Signature

Response to chow #34 2010-03-14 18:16:07

"If you listen hard enough, you'll notice that the dead talk in their sleep and sometimes, although very rarely, you'll hear one sing. It's really pretty neat. After father reaps the old soul from the body, I'm the one who watches what happens after and creates a new soul from the body. I'm the goddess of decay, though I prefer "la Deesse des cercueils", the goddess of the coffins. The other deities call me the "grave-keeper", though. I really like my job; it gets interesting sometimes! You may think that watching the dead would be boring, but that's only because I do my job well. Out of the corpses of the dead rise new souls to become the living, the creation of which being an art I've perfected. The coolest thing, though, is making sure the dead don't get restless. I've had to prevent countless zombie uprisings in my lifetime."
---

I was trying to do something a little less conventional yet again, and here's the result. I'm kind of pleased with it, though it's not the most amazing thing I've ever made. I was going for a tomboyish look, though I did want her to be more feminine than this.
Sorry that I didn't get it in until the last day again, despite having two weeks. Lots of music-related stuff has been dominating my life recently, so I haven't had much time.
ART PORTAL LINK:
http://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/luxem bourg/d-esse-des-cercueils

chow #34

My Art Thread.

BBS Signature

Response to chow #34 2010-03-14 22:30:19

NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

chow #34

Like me on the FaceBook :D

Response to chow #34 2010-03-14 22:31:34

At 3/14/10 10:30 PM, DooDooMeaT wrote: NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

This presents a dilemma, now doesn't it?
Just a couple hours too late.

My Art Thread.

BBS Signature

Response to chow #34 2010-03-14 22:31:43

DooDooMeaT, this has been going on for two weeks and you only just now get your entry in, a few hours AFTER it closes?
....slow, man, slow.

But nice job, looks cool.

BBS Signature

Response to chow #34 2010-03-14 22:34:03

At 3/14/10 10:31 PM, Wivernryder wrote: DooDooMeaT, this has been going on for two weeks and you only just now get your entry in, a few hours AFTER it closes?
....slow, man, slow.
But nice job, looks cool.

I am a busy man what could I say...I thought I still had time :(

Like me on the FaceBook :D

Response to chow #34 2010-03-14 22:49:38

ok guys, since doodoomeat has a quality piece im redoing the voting thread to include him, thanks to kraig of course