Be a Supporter!
WhoIsPaul
WhoIsPaul
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
How Many Feb. 22nd, 2010 @ 08:32 PM Reply

Flags do you have to do to change your whistle status.

I don't care if people know me. I'm just there. I'm like the lead
based paint in a Chinese sweat shop. There.

KillerSkull
KillerSkull
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Gamer
Response to How Many Feb. 22nd, 2010 @ 08:37 PM Reply

I don't think they tell you and I'm not sure if anyone has counted (or posted for that matter); the purpose of the whistle is to get rid of unsuitable/malicious submissions, not just to increase your rank (that's why they don't show you how many wistle points you have). One thing though, I do believe you get deducted more points than you get; for example, if you flag a submission and it's found suitable (it passes) you lose more whistle than you would gain if you flag a submission and it fails. SO BE CAREFUL AND WHEN IN DOUBT, ASK A REVIEW MOD!!!!

BBS Signature
I-fang
I-fang
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to How Many Feb. 22nd, 2010 @ 08:42 PM Reply

It takes a pure heart, a wise mind and some balls to flag properly. Dont be a stat whore, and just fulfill your duty. Whistle is the the feature that shows the most how well you understand newgrounds affairs, or so I suppouse, cause I am not certainly the best whistle example.

WhoIsPaul
WhoIsPaul
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to How Many Feb. 22nd, 2010 @ 08:43 PM Reply

Thanks. I have flagged like thirty and no change. I'm sad.

KillerSkull
KillerSkull
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Gamer
Response to How Many Feb. 22nd, 2010 @ 08:47 PM Reply

At 2/22/10 08:43 PM, WhoIsPaul wrote: Thanks. I have flagged like thirty and no change. I'm sad.

Some of those you've flagged may not have been examined by a review mod, remember, a certain amount of people have to flag a submission before it comes under the watch of a review mod!

For more info check out the FAQ under "whistle ststus".

BBS Signature
WhoIsPaul
WhoIsPaul
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to How Many Feb. 22nd, 2010 @ 08:57 PM Reply

At 2/22/10 08:47 PM, KillerSkull wrote:

Some of those you've flagged may not have been examined by a review mod, remember, a certain amount of people have to flag a submission before it comes under the watch of a review mod!

For more info check out the FAQ under "whistle ststus".

Oh. Well i will just keep flagging until it changes. Whether that is up or down.

KillerSkull
KillerSkull
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Gamer
Response to How Many Feb. 22nd, 2010 @ 09:02 PM Reply

At 2/22/10 08:57 PM, WhoIsPaul wrote:
Oh. Well i will just keep flagging until it changes. Whether that is up or down.

I would take it seriously if I were you, like what was said before, "don't be a stat whore."; just flag the abusive ones and be patient. Of course, it's your choice, I can't force you to do anthing.

BBS Signature
WhoIsPaul
WhoIsPaul
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to How Many Feb. 22nd, 2010 @ 09:10 PM Reply

At 2/22/10 09:02 PM, KillerSkull wrote:
I would take it seriously if I were you, like what was said before, "don't be a stat whore."; just flag the abusive ones and be patient. Of course, it's your choice, I can't force you to do anthing.

I'm only flagging zero's who are mean.

Suppin
Suppin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to How Many Feb. 22nd, 2010 @ 09:31 PM Reply

At 2/22/10 08:37 PM, KillerSkull wrote: for example, if you flag a submission and it's found suitable (it passes) you lose more whistle than you would gain if you flag a submission and it fails.

Actually, if you flag a submission and it passes you don't lose any points. If you did it would be pretty harsh. For example, someone could have submitted a stolen flash which most people weren't aware was stolen.

There's an extensive FAQ on whistles here, although some stuff is outdated such as the fact that gold and deity are now a set number of whistle points rather than being dependent on how many points the user with the most has.