00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

aniMATING just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Improving one of my pieces.

89,244 Views | 813 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Improving one of my pieces. 2010-02-28 09:52:53

Who are you talking to?

Response to Improving one of my pieces. 2010-02-28 10:03:18

At 2/28/10 09:52 AM, Mabelma wrote: Who are you talking to?

i'm talking to you. I think what you've done is great, and you've responded well to all the comments and responses here. The thread even survived a strange troll attack. But I think the original drawings complete now. I think you can submit it and be pleased with the work you've done.

End.

nobody goes there anymore. its too popular.

BBS Signature

Response to Improving one of my pieces. 2010-02-28 10:05:51

Apologies, just realized you've already submitted it, in this instance I think you should submit future work in a different thread, given it's sort of different form this threads topic

nobody goes there anymore. its too popular.

BBS Signature

Response to Improving one of my pieces. 2010-02-28 10:10:59

OH so get this deleted and make another thread for my future work to get critique sort of like this one but with a different first post and things like that. Ok then could a mod delete this so I can make a new one?

Thoughts on the inked version? Can anyone give tips on how to color it like this image or at least similar to that? Thanks in advance, here's the inked version. I will add the tank I made as the background for this one.

Response to Improving one of my pieces. 2010-02-28 10:14:28

At 2/28/10 10:10 AM, Mabelma wrote: OH so get this deleted and make another thread for my future work to get critique sort of like this one but with a different first post and things like that. Ok then could a mod delete this so I can make a new one?

I don't think you should request a thread delete, besides if you keep all your work here, then people can easily see your progress. also it will retain a name that will probably make people look at it and comment.

Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature

Response to Improving one of my pieces. 2010-02-28 10:26:16

Ok then forget about that mods, false alarm.

Any tips on how to color it like that? I really want to try that out but I have no clue on how to do that.

Response to Improving one of my pieces. 2010-02-28 13:14:39

looks good now onto colour, tip though, dont take as long as the last one, that was agonising

Response to Improving one of my pieces. 2010-02-28 15:36:45

At 2/28/10 01:10 PM, SkilledBrush wrote: It would be better to check through some tutorials, I found this, seems to be a popular coloring tutorial serie on Deviantart. Could be worth a look.

THanks, I'll try it out.

I'll see what I can do AshMan.

Response to Improving one of my pieces. 2010-02-28 16:55:33

Decided to go with my traditional style of shading to finish faster and it looks quite nice. Should I add the blood stains and the dents to the armor? Hope you like it. I must say I finished it pretty quickly. Took the cigarette away cause my mom was wondering me about it so just took it away, may add it later if I feel like it.

Response to Improving one of my pieces. 2010-02-28 17:04:59

At 2/28/10 04:55 PM, Mabelma wrote: Decided to go with my traditional style of shading to finish faster and it looks quite nice. Should I add the blood stains and the dents to the armor? Hope you like it. I must say I finished it pretty quickly. Took the cigarette away cause my mom was wondering me about it so just took it away, may add it later if I feel like it.

looks good as it is, just leave it, are you going to use it as your profile pic, i went the lazy way and photoshopped the original one, go check it out its lols

Response to Improving one of my pieces. 2010-02-28 17:08:15

I saw it, yeah I'm going to use it as a profile image, why?

Response to Improving one of my pieces. 2010-02-28 17:13:19

Added it to my profile, Also added the dents.

Response to Improving one of my pieces. 2010-02-28 17:48:39

How's that handsome guy? Oh wait that's me, Hope you like it. It's gonna be my avatar. It's in the style of Tom's Avatar.

Response to Improving one of my pieces. 2010-02-28 20:46:07

Thoughts on the last two pieces? I will make the avatar a little bigger so you can see my face a lite better. Having that avatar makes me feel like a NG mod. It's so cool. To bad i ain't one, just yet. I will be one soon. I just need to get my self recognized by the community.

Response to Improving one of my pieces. 2010-03-01 11:17:52

I am just out of ideas so if you guys want me to do something I'll shall do it. I really need to draw. Thanks in advance.

Ps: Here's the avatar a little bigger and clearer. Having this avatar makes me feel like a mod, so cool.

Response to Improving one of my pieces. 2010-03-01 11:24:12

I'm not asking for approval of any kind. Read the post above yours please.

Response to Improving one of my pieces. 2010-03-01 12:19:45

Hey that ain't a bad idea, Brush. I will even do it using CC character (yes the troll) I have this amazing picture on my head, it will look awesome when it's finish.

I was thinking of making a comic but I don't really have any ideas for that, would you help me out guys?

How's acting like a dick on porpuse? I know Rottna is he told me himself but let's stop talking about him. I don't want another troll fight to happen in this thread.

Response to Improving one of my pieces. 2010-03-01 12:53:26

At 3/1/10 12:19 PM, Mabelma wrote: How's acting like a dick on porpuse? I know Rottna is he told me himself but let's stop talking about him. I don't want another troll fight to happen in this thread.

And you intend to do that by making a comic/drawing about him?

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to Improving one of my pieces. 2010-03-01 13:00:31

Is not about him, he inspired me to do something. Not for him, not about him but more about trolls and that kind of thing. It won't offend him or nothing like that. It's actually coming coming quite nice. I'll post an update soon.

Response to Improving one of my pieces. 2010-03-01 13:08:57

At 3/1/10 12:12 PM, SkilledBrush wrote: How about making an pic about Rottna, the "king" of the trolls ...

you obviously havent been around ng much, if you think hes bad youv got a lot to learn and it gunna hit you...hard, hell joethetoucan is worse than that guy but he makes it funny

as for drawing do something more realistic, if your using photoshop try something in a painting style, see what you can come up with, its good practise

Response to Improving one of my pieces. 2010-03-01 13:11:28

I'll try that out as soon as I finish this piece Ash.

I'm working on the troll army right now, once I'm done with that I shall post the line so you guys can see it.

Response to Improving one of my pieces. 2010-03-01 13:23:42

At 3/1/10 01:11 PM, Mabelma wrote: I'll try that out as soon as I finish this piece Ash.

I'm working on the troll army right now, once I'm done with that I shall post the line so you guys can see it.

just focus on finishing it then post it, at the start we was giving you lots of help because it was a big piece and we was trying to help, now i think thats ran out and the constant need for crits is kinda annoying some people, if you have the psd you can always change the finished piece to respond to the crits anyway

had to be said

Response to Improving one of my pieces. 2010-03-01 13:43:43

Thanks for saying that. I will just post picture as I make them and keep working and if you have any critics I'll go back to it and fix that.

Hope you like it. I still need to make the troll king but I think it's looking quite nice so far. I'll start sketching out the king and then if it looks good I'll color everything.

I will make the silhouette of a castle as a background or just make it as a solid color.

Response to Improving one of my pieces. 2010-03-01 14:38:36

Finally got the kind down, hope you like it. Off to coloring. Feel free to comment on the piece so far and on the characters. Hope you like it.

Response to Improving one of my pieces. 2010-03-01 15:14:00

At 3/1/10 02:38 PM, Mabelma wrote: Finally got the kind down, hope you like it. Off to coloring. Feel free to comment on the piece so far and on the characters. Hope you like it.

I really like where this is going, I would love to see you post wips as you color this.

BBS Signature

Response to Improving one of my pieces. 2010-03-01 15:24:31

OK then Kensai I will satisfy your hunger, hope you like it. I was thinking of adding the words 'Even Trolls need a leader' on the bottom of the piece and have it like go into the shirt, something like this.It's just a thought, I may not go with the idea. Hope you like, comments are greatly appreciated.

Only the trolls are colored and it's only the base but I'll be shading in an instant.

Response to Improving one of my pieces. 2010-03-01 15:24:33

At 3/1/10 03:14 PM, Kinsei01 wrote:
At 3/1/10 02:38 PM, Mabelma wrote: Finally got the kind down, hope you like it. Off to coloring. Feel free to comment on the piece so far and on the characters. Hope you like it.
I really like where this is going, I would love to see you post wips as you color this.

dammit kinsei, i told him not to, screw it, as long as he gets the shading right this time i dont care

Response to Improving one of my pieces. 2010-03-01 15:26:51

You told me not to ask for critics and I won't do it. I will just post some pics as I work on the shading.

Response to Improving one of my pieces. 2010-03-01 15:30:11

At 3/1/10 03:24 PM, ashman112 wrote:
At 3/1/10 03:14 PM, Kinsei01 wrote: I really like where this is going, I would love to see you post wips as you color this.
dammit kinsei, i told him not to, screw it, as long as he gets the shading right this time i dont care

I didn't say a damn thing about critiquing it, I just want to see it as he works on it. so it's either posting it to show progress or a live stream. but I'm not going to be here all day to watch a live stream.

BBS Signature

Response to Improving one of my pieces. 2010-03-01 15:33:19

At 3/1/10 03:26 PM, Mabelma wrote: You told me not to ask for critics and I won't do it. I will just post some pics as I work on the shading.

it was a joke dont worry, lol its your art thread run it how you like, looks good anyway, i wouldnt have the trolls in the background black though, id have more of a brown colour for fur