Be a Supporter!

Art Group Activities

  • 216,566 Views
  • 3,225 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
radiodark
radiodark
  • Member since: Mar. 31, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 15
Artist
Response to Art Group Activities 2016-04-07 13:07:06 Reply

At 4/7/16 04:50 AM, linda-mota wrote: I keep missing you assholes, more people need to come with fucked up sleeping patterns.

How about now? I'm at work folding a million pieces of paper and could use some scintillating conversation.


Basic Art Tips_______________Art 101_______________ Orn's Scouting Guide_______________NG Art Chat
formerly lovingthedark

LegolaSS
LegolaSS
  • Member since: May. 29, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 58
Artist
Response to Art Group Activities 2016-04-07 14:57:23 Reply

At 4/7/16 01:07 PM, radiodark wrote: How about now? I'm at work folding a million pieces of paper and could use some scintillating conversation.

The problem is time zones, need to find a happy time that suits all needs (that impossible time). What happened to get drunk and art fundays?


BBS Signature
TurkeyOnAStick
TurkeyOnAStick
  • Member since: Aug. 8, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 25
Artist
Response to Art Group Activities 2016-04-07 15:05:47 Reply

At 4/7/16 02:57 PM, LegolaSS wrote: The problem is time zones, need to find a happy time that suits all needs (that impossible time). What happened to get drunk and art fundays?

Drunk?
Art?!
FUN?!!

I've heard of these words before, but I don't remember what they mean ...


BBS Signature
LegolaSS
LegolaSS
  • Member since: May. 29, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 58
Artist
Response to Art Group Activities 2016-04-07 15:23:52 Reply

At 4/7/16 03:05 PM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote: I've heard of these words before, but I don't remember what they mean ...

Should we rename this the "old arty folk activity center, relatives visit by appointment only"


BBS Signature
radiodark
radiodark
  • Member since: Mar. 31, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 15
Artist
Response to Art Group Activities 2016-04-07 15:38:15 Reply

At 4/7/16 03:23 PM, LegolaSS wrote: Should we rename this the "old arty folk activity center, relatives visit by appointment only"

Relatives are allowed in if they bring more booze.


Basic Art Tips_______________Art 101_______________ Orn's Scouting Guide_______________NG Art Chat
formerly lovingthedark

TurkeyOnAStick
TurkeyOnAStick
  • Member since: Aug. 8, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 25
Artist
Response to Art Group Activities 2016-04-07 16:08:19 Reply

At 4/7/16 03:38 PM, radiodark wrote: Relatives are allowed in if they bring more booze.

Also I've been thinking about getting the plane ticket for pico day, but I'm still tentative atm. Where is @test-object staying for the duration?


BBS Signature
radiodark
radiodark
  • Member since: Mar. 31, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 15
Artist
Response to Art Group Activities 2016-04-07 16:52:18 (edited 2016-04-07 16:56:48) Reply

At 4/7/16 04:08 PM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote:
At 4/7/16 03:38 PM, radiodark wrote: Relatives are allowed in if they bring more booze.
Also I've been thinking about getting the plane ticket for pico day, but I'm still tentative atm. Where is @test-object staying for the duration?

My current tentative plan is that Test flies in to BWI on May 1st 1stin the evening. Does some DC touristy things during our respective work weeks or just chills with Ornery and I until Wednesday or Thursday when I go home to Baltimore and bring him with me. Friday afternoon Neil drives to Baltimore from closer to DC, we maybe meet @Kashi for lunch if she's amenable, and then Orn, Test and I head up to Philadelphia.

We're renting a hotel room Friday night and Saturday and you're (probably? I should check with Orn first) welcome to join us. Jack is joining us for that Saturday night as I recall.

The hotel room will probably have two beds but I have a nice roll up mattress thing I can bring if that's not enough. We all head home Sunday.

When were you thinking of coming in? Do you want to tag along for all or part of this?


Basic Art Tips_______________Art 101_______________ Orn's Scouting Guide_______________NG Art Chat
formerly lovingthedark

TurkeyOnAStick
TurkeyOnAStick
  • Member since: Aug. 8, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 25
Artist
Response to Art Group Activities 2016-04-07 17:14:17 Reply

At 4/7/16 04:52 PM, radiodark wrote:
At 4/7/16 04:08 PM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote:
At 4/7/16 03:38 PM, radiodark wrote: Relatives are allowed in if they bring more booze.
Also I've been thinking about getting the plane ticket for pico day, but I'm still tentative atm. Where is @test-object staying for the duration?
My current tentative plan is that Test flies in to BWI on May 1st 1stin the evening. Does some DC touristy things during our respective work weeks or just chills with Ornery and I until Wednesday or Thursday when I go home to Baltimore and bring him with me. Friday afternoon Neil drives to Baltimore from closer to DC, we maybe meet @Kashi for lunch if she's amenable, and then Orn, Test and I head up to Philadelphia.

We're renting a hotel room Friday night and Saturday and you're (probably? I should check with Orn first) welcome to join us. Jack is joining us for that Saturday night as I recall.

The hotel room will probably have two beds but I have a nice roll up mattress thing I can bring if that's not enough. We all head home Sunday.

When were you thinking of coming in? Do you want to tag along for all or part of this?

Hm, not sure now as I think I need to catch a plane on the Sunday that you're heading home. I'd like to be a part of it all, but timings sound awkward as I wanted to fly up may the 1st and leave on the following Saturday. Think the timings makes it awkward.


BBS Signature
test-object
test-object
  • Member since: Aug. 26, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 12
Artist
Response to Art Group Activities 2016-04-07 17:19:05 Reply

At 4/7/16 04:08 PM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote:
At 4/7/16 03:38 PM, radiodark wrote: Relatives are allowed in if they bring more booze.
Also I've been thinking about getting the plane ticket for pico day, but I'm still tentative atm. Where is @test-object staying for the duration?

Anywhere with a couch, really. @ornery is picking me up and I'll stay a couple days with him, but probably also a couple at @radiodark.


A rather disgusting-looking git that should have been disposed of ages ago.

BBS Signature
TurkeyOnAStick
TurkeyOnAStick
  • Member since: Aug. 8, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 25
Artist
Response to Art Group Activities 2016-04-07 17:32:20 Reply

At 4/7/16 05:19 PM, test-object wrote: Anywhere with a couch, really. @ornery is picking me up and I'll stay a couple days with him, but probably also a couple at @radiodark.

When are you heading back to Belgland?


BBS Signature
linda-mota
linda-mota
  • Member since: Feb. 13, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 24
Artist
Response to Art Group Activities 2016-04-07 18:27:55 Reply

At 4/7/16 03:05 PM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote:
At 4/7/16 02:57 PM, LegolaSS wrote: The problem is time zones, need to find a happy time that suits all needs (that impossible time). What happened to get drunk and art fundays?
Drunk?
Art?!
FUN?!!

I've heard of these words before, but I don't remember what they mean ...

No drunk funtimes for me, my guy who watches me isn't here with me so i don't have a drunk bitchfit. i am a terrible drunk.

linda-mota
linda-mota
  • Member since: Feb. 13, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 24
Artist
Response to Art Group Activities 2016-04-07 18:29:04 Reply

At 4/7/16 05:19 PM, test-object wrote:
At 4/7/16 04:08 PM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote:
At 4/7/16 03:38 PM, radiodark wrote: Relatives are allowed in if they bring more booze.
Also I've been thinking about getting the plane ticket for pico day, but I'm still tentative atm. Where is @test-object staying for the duration?
Anywhere with a couch, really. @ornery is picking me up and I'll stay a couple days with him, but probably also a couple at @radiodark.

Ah hell test object you're going? damn. I wanted to drive there, but I need to make some more money for a trip later in june and the person i wanted to go with couldn't make it. too much happening this year. :/

test-object
test-object
  • Member since: Aug. 26, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 12
Artist
Response to Art Group Activities 2016-04-07 19:19:30 Reply

At 4/7/16 05:32 PM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote:
At 4/7/16 05:19 PM, test-object wrote: Anywhere with a couch, really. @ornery is picking me up and I'll stay a couple days with him, but probably also a couple at @radiodark.
When are you heading back to Belgland?

10th of may.
I believe that around Pico Day, the plan is to share a hotel too, by the way.

At 4/7/16 06:29 PM, linda-mota wrote: Ah hell test object you're going? damn. I wanted to drive there, but I need to make some more money for a trip later in june and the person i wanted to go with couldn't make it. too much happening this year. :/

Sorry to hear that :C


A rather disgusting-looking git that should have been disposed of ages ago.

BBS Signature
linda-mota
linda-mota
  • Member since: Feb. 13, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 24
Artist
Response to Art Group Activities 2016-04-07 19:56:20 Reply

At 4/7/16 07:19 PM, test-object wrote:
At 4/7/16 05:32 PM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote:
At 4/7/16 05:19 PM, test-object wrote: Anywhere with a couch, really. @ornery is picking me up and I'll stay a couple days with him, but probably also a couple at @radiodark.
When are you heading back to Belgland?
10th of may.
I believe that around Pico Day, the plan is to share a hotel too, by the way.

At 4/7/16 06:29 PM, linda-mota wrote: Ah hell test object you're going? damn. I wanted to drive there, but I need to make some more money for a trip later in june and the person i wanted to go with couldn't make it. too much happening this year. :/
Sorry to hear that :C

yea last year was so much fun with 1,000,000 things happening at the same time. But I want to do germany and my SO needs to focus on his project that's almost done! idk if any of you are in houston but i'll be at one of those zine shillings peddling merch so hard lol.

radiodark
radiodark
  • Member since: Mar. 31, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 15
Artist
Response to Art Group Activities 2016-04-07 23:23:43 Reply

At 4/7/16 05:14 PM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote: Hm, not sure now as I think I need to catch a plane on the Sunday that you're heading home. I'd like to be a part of it all, but timings sound awkward as I wanted to fly up may the 1st and leave on the following Saturday. Think the timings makes it awkward.

How awkward? Leaving on Pico Day, you mean?


Basic Art Tips_______________Art 101_______________ Orn's Scouting Guide_______________NG Art Chat
formerly lovingthedark

radiodark
radiodark
  • Member since: Mar. 31, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 15
Artist
Response to Art Group Activities 2016-04-08 00:53:14 Reply

At 4/7/16 11:23 PM, radiodark wrote: Leaving on Pico Day, you mean?

You know there's a train that runs from a few blocks from NG HQ straight to ye olde internaionale airportte, right? If that helps.


Basic Art Tips_______________Art 101_______________ Orn's Scouting Guide_______________NG Art Chat
formerly lovingthedark

TurkeyOnAStick
TurkeyOnAStick
  • Member since: Aug. 8, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 25
Artist
Response to Art Group Activities 2016-04-08 03:40:16 Reply

At 4/7/16 11:23 PM, radiodark wrote:
At 4/7/16 05:14 PM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote: Hm, not sure now as I think I need to catch a plane on the Sunday that you're heading home. I'd like to be a part of it all, but timings sound awkward as I wanted to fly up may the 1st and leave on the following Saturday. Think the timings makes it awkward.
How awkward? Leaving on Pico Day, you mean?

Yeah and travel.
I'm going to consider my options for flying midweek (Wednesday) and departing midweek (Monday).


BBS Signature
radiodark
radiodark
  • Member since: Mar. 31, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 15
Artist
Response to Art Group Activities 2016-04-08 10:14:44 Reply

I talked it over with Orn and you're welcome to stay with either of us, just make sure you're looking at DC airports for flying in (since you're coming in before we hit Philly) and out (unless you want to grab a room for yourself for Sunday night to fly out of Philly Monday). And Neil's car seats 4 so since Kashi isn't joining us he should be able to ferry us all around.


Basic Art Tips_______________Art 101_______________ Orn's Scouting Guide_______________NG Art Chat
formerly lovingthedark

radiodark
radiodark
  • Member since: Mar. 31, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 15
Artist
Response to Art Group Activities 2016-04-09 12:03:02 Reply

At 4/7/16 02:57 PM, LegolaSS wrote: What happened to get drunk and art fundays?

I just woke up but hey today is a day. (I might have to leave in a few hours but whatever.) http://tinychat.com/ngart/


Basic Art Tips_______________Art 101_______________ Orn's Scouting Guide_______________NG Art Chat
formerly lovingthedark

JackDCurleo
JackDCurleo
  • Member since: Aug. 11, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 17
Artist
Response to Art Group Activities 2016-04-10 02:00:23 Reply

I AM PAINTING.


Art Thread. Art Page. Facebook. Tumblr. I am currently using a tablet so spelling and grammar errors will happen.

BBS Signature
linda-mota
linda-mota
  • Member since: Feb. 13, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 24
Artist
Response to Art Group Activities 2016-04-10 03:22:24 Reply

At 4/10/16 02:00 AM, JackDCurleo wrote: I AM PAINTING.

JOIN I ACTUALLY MADE IT, ALSO A SKYPEGROUP WOULD BE COOL TOO

radiodark
radiodark
  • Member since: Mar. 31, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 15
Artist
Response to Art Group Activities 2016-04-10 07:42:57 Reply

At 4/10/16 03:22 AM, linda-mota wrote:
JOIN I ACTUALLY MADE IT, ALSO A SKYPEGROUP WOULD BE COOL TOO

If you're on Facebook we have an group there too and I can add you. Doesn't get used as much though. Last I checked Skype required a premium membership to set up a video chat and none of use were super interested in that.


Basic Art Tips_______________Art 101_______________ Orn's Scouting Guide_______________NG Art Chat
formerly lovingthedark

Template88
Template88
  • Member since: Mar. 4, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 04
Artist
Response to Art Group Activities 2016-04-10 08:47:59 Reply

At 4/10/16 07:42 AM, radiodark wrote:
At 4/10/16 03:22 AM, linda-mota wrote:
JOIN I ACTUALLY MADE IT, ALSO A SKYPEGROUP WOULD BE COOL TOO
If you're on Facebook we have an group there too and I can add you. Doesn't get used as much though. Last I checked Skype required a premium membership to set up a video chat and none of use were super interested in that.

I think the main advantage skype has over what you guys are using is a sense of community and permanence, yes you wouldn't be able to use any kind of videochat function, but that's not required. I hate the sense of disconnection every time tiny chat time is over. You can go and use tinychat those rare times where you feel like hosting a videochat. Skype would be for creating a local group with a chat that has permanence to its messages and works real time, unlike this forum. Theres also those free voice group calls, if people are into that. I just dont get the lack of a videochat being a dealbreaker for a casual art discussion group.


You are not prepared...
Illustration thread: http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic /1229930
Animation thread: http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic /1332069

BBS Signature
radiodark
radiodark
  • Member since: Mar. 31, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 15
Artist
Response to Art Group Activities 2016-04-10 11:58:52 Reply

At 4/10/16 08:47 AM, Template88 wrote:
I think the main advantage skype has over what you guys are using is a sense of community and permanence, yes you wouldn't be able to use any kind of videochat function, but that's not required. I hate the sense of disconnection every time tiny chat time is over. You can go and use tinychat those rare times where you feel like hosting a videochat. Skype would be for creating a local group with a chat that has permanence to its messages and works real time, unlike this forum. Theres also those free voice group calls, if people are into that. I just dont get the lack of a videochat being a dealbreaker for a casual art discussion group.

I like tinychat's lack of login requirements or downloads and the video is important because a lot of people draw on cam. We've used skype in the past but it hasn't stuck much. You're welcome to try to set it up again if you want but I don't think it'll catch on much.


Basic Art Tips_______________Art 101_______________ Orn's Scouting Guide_______________NG Art Chat
formerly lovingthedark

JackDCurleo
JackDCurleo
  • Member since: Aug. 11, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 17
Artist
Response to Art Group Activities 2016-04-16 17:12:48 Reply

PAINTING


Art Thread. Art Page. Facebook. Tumblr. I am currently using a tablet so spelling and grammar errors will happen.

BBS Signature
radiodark
radiodark
  • Member since: Mar. 31, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 15
Artist
Response to Art Group Activities 2016-04-16 18:04:00 Reply

At 4/16/16 05:12 PM, JackDCurleo wrote: PAINTING

I'LL BE THERE SOON


Basic Art Tips_______________Art 101_______________ Orn's Scouting Guide_______________NG Art Chat
formerly lovingthedark

JackDCurleo
JackDCurleo
  • Member since: Aug. 11, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 17
Artist
Response to Art Group Activities 2016-04-16 20:28:00 Reply

At 4/16/16 06:04 PM, radiodark wrote:
At 4/16/16 05:12 PM, JackDCurleo wrote: PAINTING
I'LL BE THERE SOON

I'LL BE BACK IN LIKE TWO OR THREE HOURS


Art Thread. Art Page. Facebook. Tumblr. I am currently using a tablet so spelling and grammar errors will happen.

BBS Signature
radiodark
radiodark
  • Member since: Mar. 31, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 15
Artist
Response to Art Group Activities 2016-04-16 21:48:17 Reply

At 4/16/16 08:28 PM, JackDCurleo wrote:
At 4/16/16 06:04 PM, radiodark wrote:
At 4/16/16 05:12 PM, JackDCurleo wrote: PAINTING
I'LL BE THERE SOON
I'LL BE BACK IN LIKE TWO OR THREE HOURS

IT'S COOL IT TURNED OUT THAT I'M A LYING LIAR
also life is hard


Basic Art Tips_______________Art 101_______________ Orn's Scouting Guide_______________NG Art Chat
formerly lovingthedark

JackDCurleo
JackDCurleo
  • Member since: Aug. 11, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 17
Artist
Response to Art Group Activities 2016-04-17 02:12:06 Reply

At 4/16/16 08:28 PM, JackDCurleo wrote:
At 4/16/16 06:04 PM, radiodark wrote:
At 4/16/16 05:12 PM, JackDCurleo wrote: PAINTING
I'LL BE THERE SOON
I'LL BE BACK IN LIKE TWO OR THREE HOURS

OR SIX, but yeah gonna be around for another 2-3 hours.


Art Thread. Art Page. Facebook. Tumblr. I am currently using a tablet so spelling and grammar errors will happen.

BBS Signature
radiodark
radiodark
  • Member since: Mar. 31, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 15
Artist
Response to Art Group Activities 2016-04-17 02:24:20 Reply

At 4/17/16 02:12 AM, JackDCurleo wrote: OR SIX, but yeah gonna be around for another 2-3 hours.

ME TOO but i'll be asleep very soon let's be honest


Basic Art Tips_______________Art 101_______________ Orn's Scouting Guide_______________NG Art Chat
formerly lovingthedark