New Topic Respond to this Topic
Aigis
Aigis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Artist
Response to Art Group Activities Oct. 10th, 2013 @ 12:12 AM Reply

At 10/9/13 08:51 PM, bigjonny13 wrote: I think tinychat is down.....

Looks like it's back up.

Aigis - Putting the 'ai' back in 'Aigis'.

BBS Signature
LegolaSS
LegolaSS
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 54
Artist
Response to Art Group Activities Oct. 19th, 2013 @ 06:38 PM Reply

Nae said about wade hosting stuff on streamup...

it seems like a nice place to hangout... if enough people like it we could do an art forum one.

Linky here

of course you have to sign up... but that's not a bad thing.

(only takes 20 seconds)

BBS Signature
Felis
Felis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Artist
Response to Art Group Activities Oct. 22nd, 2013 @ 08:44 PM Reply

I guess I can't really complain.

Art Group Activities

I have nothing to say that is at all relevant.

BBS Signature
Kkylimos
Kkylimos
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 06
Artist
Response to Art Group Activities Oct. 23rd, 2013 @ 02:11 PM Reply

Less chit chat more organizing of something awesome. Lets get together and do something cool? All the cool stuf happened before i joined NG..Like the worm -_- Sabtastic threw some pretty neat ideas some time ago , like a callendar or pokemon gifs etc. Everyone poped in and showed interest and then silence.....

DO IT! NAOW! ACTIVITY!

BeckyRawr
BeckyRawr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Artist
Response to Art Group Activities Oct. 26th, 2013 @ 04:41 PM Reply

I agree. let's stop being lazy and do something 'activity' based.

Also hai, been awhile.

ReNaeNae
ReNaeNae
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to Art Group Activities Oct. 26th, 2013 @ 05:17 PM Reply

At 10/23/13 02:11 PM, Kkylimos wrote: Less chit chat more organizing of something awesome. Lets get together and do something cool? All the cool stuf happened before i joined NG..Like the worm -_- Sabtastic threw some pretty neat ideas some time ago , like a callendar or pokemon gifs etc. Everyone poped in and showed interest and then silence.....

This thread was specifically created for sharing activities like tinychat, livestreams, etc. So let's keep it about that ;)
If you want to organize a collab or something, go for it. Make a new thread ...or use the lounge to discuss ideas.

BeckyRawr
BeckyRawr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Artist
Response to Art Group Activities Oct. 26th, 2013 @ 05:48 PM Reply

At 10/26/13 05:17 PM, ReNaeNae wrote:
This thread was specifically created for sharing activities like tinychat, livestreams, etc. So let's keep it about that ;)
If you want to organize a collab or something, go for it. Make a new thread ...or use the lounge to discuss ideas.

is there still an art group chat?

Kkylimos
Kkylimos
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 06
Artist
Response to Art Group Activities Oct. 26th, 2013 @ 05:50 PM Reply

At 10/26/13 05:17 PM, ReNaeNae wrote:

Wait so the "art group activities" is not for organising art group activities? But ok i think i get ur point. If i see something interesting stir , ill join , like i did before with AFBR and Totem Collab. Otherwise , Im not organizing anything personally, i dont have the trust to put my time and effort to it.

ReNaeNae
ReNaeNae
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to Art Group Activities Oct. 26th, 2013 @ 06:07 PM Reply

At 10/26/13 05:48 PM, BeckyRawr wrote: is there still an art group chat?

YES!! Everyone should join us! :D

At 10/26/13 05:50 PM, Kkylimos wrote: Wait so the "art group activities" is not for organising art group activities? But ok i think i get ur point. If i see something interesting stir , ill join , like i did before with AFBR and Totem Collab. Otherwise , Im not organizing anything personally, i dont have the trust to put my time and effort to it.

Well, if you read the first post of the thread... it's meant for things happening 'off-site', if you will. Back in the Stickam days, the rooms were constantly dying so the link was always changing. It was a way to keep it all in one place making it easier for everyone to find. With tinychat... that doesn't happen, but... the thread is still here as a reminder/notification that people are about/active.

For things happening 'on' the site (collabs, contest, etc.), there's usually a dedicated thread for it. But I can understand how the title could be misleading.

/history lesson
Kkylimos
Kkylimos
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 06
Artist
Response to Art Group Activities Oct. 26th, 2013 @ 06:15 PM Reply

At 10/26/13 06:07 PM, ReNaeNae wrote:

/history lesson

What does not evolve dies. If this thread has no purpose any longer close it or better yet reform it to what the name indicates it to be. Anyways , im spending less and less time in the forums so it doesnt affect me much. This is an "art" forum so imo , it should have more activities and challenges. Stuff to bond the artistic community and most importantly actively improve the skills of those who participate.Right now its either personal art threads or people looking for some advice. Both are great and perfectly placed on an art forum , but still i find it lacking. Now lets see how many pitchforks will i raise by saying my opinion.

Aigis
Aigis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Artist
Response to Art Group Activities Oct. 26th, 2013 @ 06:24 PM Reply

At 10/26/13 06:15 PM, Kkylimos wrote: What does not evolve dies. If this thread has no purpose any longer close it or better yet reform it to what the name indicates it to be. Anyways , im spending less and less time in the forums so it doesnt affect me much. This is an "art" forum so imo , it should have more activities and challenges. Stuff to bond the artistic community and most importantly actively improve the skills of those who participate.Right now its either personal art threads or people looking for some advice. Both are great and perfectly placed on an art forum , but still i find it lacking. Now lets see how many pitchforks will i raise by saying my opinion.

The problem is that whenever people make activity threads very few people participate and then they die. It often feels a little futile.

If we want the forum to be more of a community bonding area, we need more people on both the organisation and the participation fronts.

Aigis - Putting the 'ai' back in 'Aigis'.

BBS Signature
ReNaeNae
ReNaeNae
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to Art Group Activities Oct. 26th, 2013 @ 06:35 PM Reply

At 10/26/13 06:15 PM, Kkylimos wrote: What does not evolve dies. If this thread has no purpose any longer close it or better yet reform it to what the name indicates it to be. Anyways , im spending less and less time in the forums so it doesnt affect me much. This is an "art" forum so imo , it should have more activities and challenges. Stuff to bond the artistic community and most importantly actively improve the skills of those who participate.Right now its either personal art threads or people looking for some advice. Both are great and perfectly placed on an art forum , but still i find it lacking. Now lets see how many pitchforks will i raise by saying my opinion.

Considering this threads sees more activity than the lounge, I think it's safe to say it's still serving a purpose. Tinychat is one of the few places left where users DO come together and interact. So don't be hatin'! Just join the chat instead ;D

Kkylimos
Kkylimos
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 06
Artist
Response to Art Group Activities Oct. 26th, 2013 @ 06:37 PM Reply

At 10/26/13 06:24 PM, Aigis wrote:
At 10/26/13 06:15 PM, Kkylimos wrote:

The problem is that whenever people make activity threads very few people participate and then they die. It often feels a little futile.

If we want the forum to be more of a community bonding area, we need more people on both the organisation and the participation fronts.

Agreed this is what i meant by lack of trust and also the innevitable fact that if i organize something ill have to deal with pricks. And i have zero patience for pricks.

Take a look at CGHub. They run art jams with tons of participants , interesting topics and a lot of give and take. And they even hold team contests etc.

This is what an art community feels like you know? Its like having a community of football fans that do not discuss about football. Wtf?

There's a saying that goes , if you build it they will come. If there is care and planning on activities that are regularly planned , it will attract the interest of more and more people. And thats beautiful i mean , whats better than to work with others on what you love doing and by doing so receive fruitful critique on your work to make you better?

Sure there will be poor performance at first , mainly because from what i understand this thread was numb for a lot of time but eventually it will leave an impression.

Kkylimos
Kkylimos
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 06
Artist
Response to Art Group Activities Oct. 26th, 2013 @ 06:39 PM Reply

At 10/26/13 06:35 PM, ReNaeNae wrote:

So don't be hatin'! Just join the chat instead ;D

Who is hating. I could be not giving a rat's ass and throw my lot elsewhere. Im honestly trying to suggest some betterments. And interacting how? A group of old friends chatting about life or the critique on works? Both are cool , but im an outsider on both.

test-object
test-object
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 12
Artist
Response to Art Group Activities Oct. 26th, 2013 @ 06:46 PM Reply

At 10/26/13 06:39 PM, Kkylimos wrote: Who is hating. I could be not giving a rat's ass and throw my lot elsewhere. Im honestly trying to suggest some betterments. And interacting how? A group of old friends chatting about life or the critique on works? Both are cool , but im an outsider on both.

Sweetheart, get on Tinychat and you become an insider, simple as that <3
If you wanna get on the Art stream tomorrow, drop me a PM with your Skype.

We'll greet you with open arms if you wanna jump in, but you gotta do some effort. You don't just wait for people to suddenly become buddies.

A rather disgusting-looking git that should have been disposed of ages ago.

BBS Signature
Kkylimos
Kkylimos
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 06
Artist
Response to Art Group Activities Oct. 26th, 2013 @ 06:57 PM Reply

At 10/26/13 06:46 PM, test-object wrote:
Sweetheart, get on Tinychat and you become an insider, simple as that <3
If you wanna get on the Art stream tomorrow, drop me a PM with your Skype.

We'll greet you with open arms if you wanna jump in, but you gotta do some effort. You don't just wait for people to suddenly become buddies.

Mate , you think im pulling a show to get "buddies"? Thanks but no thanks.

I suggested that we should be doing more "art" because we are supposed to be an art community. I got called a hater for that. I said so again , if i hated this forum , i would not even click the button , i would just spend my "online community time" elsewhere. Im not having a problem with whats going on , im having one with whats not going on. But i cant force anyone , if this is how things are and theres no interest , so be it. Its not like i own the place anyway. I thought its a pitty and there could be so much more hence i proposed it. And in return one calls me a hater and the other thinks im doing it for attention. What can i say , just lol.

M-Maher
M-Maher
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Artist
Response to Art Group Activities Oct. 26th, 2013 @ 07:19 PM Reply

At 10/26/13 06:57 PM, Kkylimos wrote: Mate , you think im pulling a show to get "buddies"? Thanks but no thanks.

I feel sort of rejected now, is this because I don't have a vagina like you thought I did?

I suggested that we should be doing more "art" because we are supposed to be an art community.

We're also humans, and sometimes our free time isn't full of illustration and sculpture, I know, its weird right?

I got called a hater for that.

ohh the nasty people on the internet called you names, oh diddums, don't worry, tomorrow I'm going to go down there and tell their parents what naughty boys and girls they've been.

if i hated this forum

THEN WHY WON'T YOU LOVE ME

Im not having a problem with whats going on , im having one with whats not going on.

ohh, flippety flop, I bet your English teacher loved you.

But i cant force anyone

Yes you can, but they usually call it rape, or as I like to call it, a struggle snuggle

if this is how things are and theres no interest , so be it

then stop having a tantrum over it.

I thought its a pitty and there could be so much more hence i proposed it. And in return one calls me a hater and the other thinks im doing it for attention.

theres one "T" in pity, and "I" when referring to yourself is supposed to be a capitol letter. 6/10 - try again.

Kkylimos
Kkylimos
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 06
Artist
Response to Art Group Activities Oct. 26th, 2013 @ 07:22 PM Reply

At 10/26/13 07:19 PM, M-Maher wrote:
At 10/26/13 06:57 PM, Kkylimos wrote: Mate , you think im pulling a show to get "buddies"? Thanks but no thanks.
I feel sort of trying to be funneh , pleaze lookitme

Man , you are pathetic. The only person who is even worse is the one who told you your jokes are actually funny.

M-Maher
M-Maher
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Artist
Response to Art Group Activities Oct. 26th, 2013 @ 07:27 PM Reply

At 10/26/13 07:22 PM, Kkylimos wrote:
Man , you are pathetic.

Why thank you, that's the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me.

The only person who is even worse is the one who told you your jokes are actually funny.

love you too sunshine, work on the attitude though sweet buns.

Kkylimos
Kkylimos
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 06
Artist
Response to Art Group Activities Oct. 26th, 2013 @ 07:29 PM Reply

At 10/26/13 07:27 PM, M-Maher wrote:
At 10/26/13 07:22 PM, Kkylimos wrote:
Man , you are pathetic.
Why thank you, that's the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me.

The only person who is even worse is the one who told you your jokes are actually funny.
love you too sunshine, work on the attitude though sweet buns.

I really think you should be talkin to a therapist instead of me , just saying. Also , funny that you mention attitude. Where was it that you saw yours the last time? Seriously , less internetz , more therapy.

M-Maher
M-Maher
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Artist
Response to Art Group Activities Oct. 26th, 2013 @ 07:36 PM Reply

At 10/26/13 07:29 PM, Kkylimos wrote:
I really think you should be talkin to a therapist instead of me

You're the one having the temper tantrum, you should calm down I'm just having a good old chuckle to myself.

Also , funny that you mention attitude. Where was it that you saw yours the last time? Seriously , less internetz , more therapy.

You're all sorts of angry sunshine, just smile, mr.grumpykins.

JackDCurleo
JackDCurleo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Artist
Response to Art Group Activities Oct. 26th, 2013 @ 07:43 PM Reply

Maher, Kkylimos, I think it would be best if you two took this, whatever it is into private messages. None of us want to read it. Also, more importantly in the Tinychat there's a 90 second pose activity we're doing, you guys are welcome to jump in.

M-Maher
M-Maher
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Artist
Response to Art Group Activities Oct. 26th, 2013 @ 07:47 PM Reply

At 10/26/13 07:43 PM, JackDGreatest wrote: Maher, Kkylimos, I think it would be best if you two took this, whatever it is into private messages. None of us want to read it. Also, more importantly in the Tinychat there's a 90 second pose activity we're doing, you guys are welcome to jump in.

Apologies Mr.Jack, won't happen again, at least I hope not.

Kkylimos
Kkylimos
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 06
Artist
Response to Art Group Activities Oct. 26th, 2013 @ 07:47 PM Reply

At 10/26/13 07:36 PM, M-Maher wrote:
At 10/26/13 07:29 PM, Kkylimos wrote:

Im a bit comfused with you because i honestly dont know if you are sick in the mind or if you are a hopeless troll. I dont know if you are using all this sweet talk to offend me somehow or if you think that by calling me angry you will actually anger me. Anyway , here are some facts for your shitty brain to process , gonna be hard obviously but hey , you can always comeback trolling if you find it too much!

Im having no tantrum on any emotion about it. Its supposed to be an art forum. So i proposed we should be making art activities. Because , you know , this is what art forums are usually for and this is what artists usually do. The fact that my proposal suddenly became a hate , tantrum and attention seeker is something i can only laugh at. You come at me with all kinds of bullshit like my quality of english and the fact that you are a human...with free time....and something like that , whatever , im sure even you didnt understand the shit you were typing. If you dont wanna participate , who cares? You think your precious or something? Does this thread have your name in it? All you do is drug your sorry ass around saying how shit your art is. I barely noticed your existance before yesterday , when i decided to throw a good word about you and in return i get your psychosis. Ofcourse i am to blame for giving a shit. So , again talk to a therapist , not me. You are not the first nor the last troll i meet and you are not even good at it. All you are doing is making a clown of yourself. Find a way to deal with the rage mate , trolling is not the solution.

Ashman
Ashman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Artist
Response to Art Group Activities Oct. 26th, 2013 @ 10:32 PM Reply

It still serves a purpose, everyone shutup

ReNaeNae
ReNaeNae
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to Art Group Activities Oct. 26th, 2013 @ 10:43 PM Reply

At 10/26/13 10:32 PM, Ashman wrote: It still serves a purpose, everyone shutup

*faints*

TurkeyOnAStick
TurkeyOnAStick
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Artist
Response to Art Group Activities Oct. 27th, 2013 @ 04:49 AM Reply

I have never seen something spiral so much from a badly taken interpretation of the verb "hatin'".

Also ive got some cool photos of lions, baby elephants and rhinos I'm dying to share. So remember the good things in life.

BBS Signature
J-qb
J-qb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Artist
Response to Art Group Activities Oct. 27th, 2013 @ 06:50 AM Reply

At 10/27/13 04:49 AM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote: I have never seen something spiral so much from a badly taken interpretation of the verb "hatin'".

Also ive got some cool photos of lions, baby elephants and rhinos I'm dying to share. So remember the good things in life.

YES BABY RHINOS!

that's right, I'm watching you guys

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature
ReNaeNae
ReNaeNae
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to Art Group Activities Oct. 27th, 2013 @ 12:14 PM Reply

We're relaxing in tinychat with some preshow sounds by Havegum! :D
There's no cover charge or drink minimum, so come on down!

Carrion
Carrion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Art Group Activities Nov. 2nd, 2013 @ 01:21 AM Reply

hang out if ur not afraid

https://plus.google.com/hangouts/_/7ecpilq8nar4ke8e80spsthemc?hl=en

BBS Signature