00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SpeakyDooman just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

"omg Its A Zombie" Collab

36,479 Views | 610 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to "omg Its A Zombie" Collab 2010-05-05 20:48:16

Bump!

We are 2 people.

BBS Signature

Response to "omg Its A Zombie" Collab 2010-05-06 01:23:40

At 5/5/10 08:48 PM, PyroSpriteProduction wrote: Bump!

Dude, chill. It's normal for a thread to quiet down for a while. Some collab threads can even drop off the first page before someone posts again. It's normal, don't worry, it's probably just that everyone else is offline right now. So wait.

Response to "omg Its A Zombie" Collab 2010-05-06 15:48:23

Sorry, but it's around this point when posts usually die, I want 2 know when we need to be finished by

We are 2 people.

BBS Signature

Response to "omg Its A Zombie" Collab 2010-05-07 11:20:50

I don't animate but you can use my music!

BBS Signature

Response to "omg Its A Zombie" Collab 2010-05-07 14:01:06

At 5/7/10 11:20 AM, Banziafy wrote: I don't animate but you can use my music!

Sorry were looking for more "zombie" related music.

When life gives you lemons. Don't make lemonade! Im the guy whose gonna' burn your house down, with the lemons!

-Cave Johnson.

BBS Signature

Response to "omg Its A Zombie" Collab 2010-05-07 14:51:54

okay so how long is this ''omh its zimbie collab'' gonna last 'til adding it to NG?

Just because i MIGHT join if it aint to late :)

<make>Funny joke</make>

ERROR Unable to make a "Funny joke"

Response to "omg Its A Zombie" Collab 2010-05-07 15:04:33

At 5/7/10 02:51 PM, SystemOfAtte wrote: okay so how long is this ''omh its zimbie collab'' gonna last 'til adding it to NG?

Sorry, you cant make a part untill you show me some of your past work.

When life gives you lemons. Don't make lemonade! Im the guy whose gonna' burn your house down, with the lemons!

-Cave Johnson.

BBS Signature

Response to "omg Its A Zombie" Collab 2010-05-07 15:49:22

At 5/7/10 03:04 PM, MarkyLyne wrote:
At 5/7/10 02:51 PM, SystemOfAtte wrote: okay so how long is this ''omh its zimbie collab'' gonna last 'til adding it to NG?

Sorry, you cant make a part untill you show me some of your past work.

Oh... well i kinda dont have ^^ only unfinished stuff and their kinda embarassing...

<make>Funny joke</make>

ERROR Unable to make a "Funny joke"

Response to "omg Its A Zombie" Collab 2010-05-07 15:55:38

Oh... well i kinda dont have ^^ only unfinished stuff and their kinda embarassing...

Sorry then, we need some good quality work.

-Cave Johnson.

BBS Signature

Response to "omg Its A Zombie" Collab 2010-05-07 16:08:25

SirReginald - Hows the menu coming?

Also, everyone search for music, so far ive found some ideas by searching "zombie" into the portal.

MENU MUSIC

(Not the biggest fan of it, but it could work. I'll keep searching.)

NONE YET FOR COLLAB MUSIC

CREDITS MUSIC

Songs to wear pants to.

Feel free to find some other tunes :D

-Cave Johnson.

BBS Signature

Response to "omg Its A Zombie" Collab 2010-05-07 16:21:33

At 5/7/10 04:08 PM, MarkyLyne wrote: Feel free to find some other tunes :D

I'll hunt around for you. There's my suggestion.

Response to "omg Its A Zombie" Collab 2010-05-07 16:39:04

sorry if i seem lazy, i just haven't had access to the fla for a long time :( i'll TRY to work on it tonight! REALLY HARD!
I just have to believe in myself :3

Response to "omg Its A Zombie" Collab 2010-05-07 17:33:17

At 5/7/10 04:21 PM, Madnath75 wrote:
At 5/7/10 04:08 PM, MarkyLyne wrote: Feel free to find some other tunes :D
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/2 12043
I'll hunt around for you. There's my suggestion.

Hmmmm, i dont know, a bit "too" heavy metal.

p.s. I <33 L4D TOO!

-Cave Johnson.

BBS Signature

Response to "omg Its A Zombie" Collab 2010-05-07 17:56:22

OK guys, Ive added up the times of the parts so far and we are pushing the 2 minute length.

Just to remind you, Yhtomit still hasn't finished his piece so that'll add some more time and i still have a few animators working on parts atm.

OnionsXD

NOXX11

THUNDABOOM

THATSMRLAZY

(BTW thatsmrlazy is my brother, hes studying animation at university so his part will be amazing and will promote the collab ;D)

If anyone wants to make another part that would be sweet,the more the merrier!

-Cave Johnson.

BBS Signature

Response to "omg Its A Zombie" Collab 2010-05-09 06:06:16

I figure I owe you guys a preview, so here's my latest update. Still working on it.

Also, is there a minimum length? Cos my part's looking to be about 20 seconds long when it's completed.

Response to "omg Its A Zombie" Collab 2010-05-09 07:02:09

At 5/9/10 06:06 AM, Yhtomit wrote: I figure I owe you guys a preview, so here's my latest update. Still working on it.

Also, is there a minimum length? Cos my part's looking to be about 20 seconds long when it's completed.

Sweet, looking good :)

20 seconds long is fine,

- Btw, when you show it 1st person walking down the hall, can you use a v-cam so its smoother?

-Cave Johnson.

BBS Signature

Response to "omg Its A Zombie" Collab 2010-05-09 08:33:35

scrap the others i made this 1 http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/ec74 22b83d03266547d392534c60c9cf i think its better the only problem is that this computer wont let me upload music to it so if u could or somthing :3

Response to "omg Its A Zombie" Collab 2010-05-09 10:27:45

At 5/9/10 08:33 AM, mr-tay wrote: scrap the others i made this 1 http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/ec74 22b83d03266547d392534c60c9cf i think its better the only problem is that this computer wont let me upload music to it so if u could or somthing :3

I don't get it... :S

- But i love the style.

Also im keeping one of your early submissions.

-Cave Johnson.

BBS Signature

Response to "omg Its A Zombie" Collab 2010-05-09 11:25:56

At 5/9/10 07:02 AM, MarkyLyne wrote: Sweet, looking good :)

Thanks.

20 seconds long is fine,

Awesome.

- Btw, when you show it 1st person walking down the hall, can you use a v-cam so its smoother?

Ah, yeh, that was v-cam. I was just trying to get that sort of suspense building "steady-cam" sort of look. Meh. If it doesn't work I'll switch it to a smooth forwards pan.
Although it does seem to work as a "zombie point of view" sort of deal, doesn't it... Hm... I'll work on it, see if I can do something good with it.

Response to "omg Its A Zombie" Collab 2010-05-09 11:32:37

At 5/9/10 11:25 AM, Yhtomit wrote:
At 5/9/10 07:02 AM, MarkyLyne wrote: Sweet, looking good :)
Thanks.
20 seconds long is fine,
Awesome.
Ah, yeh, that was v-cam. I was just trying to get that sort of suspense building "steady-cam" sort of look. Meh. If it doesn't work I'll switch it to a smooth forwards pan.
Although it does seem to work as a "zombie point of view" sort of deal, doesn't it... Hm... I'll work on it, see if I can do something good with it.

Ohhh, its the zombie point of view, then yeah, i guess it fine.

Try making a red or green point of view if you get what i mean? (PIC BELOW)

-Cave Johnson.

BBS Signature

Response to "omg Its A Zombie" Collab 2010-05-09 12:38:45

ok cool :P

Response to "omg Its A Zombie" Collab 2010-05-09 16:19:26

Hm this sounds interesting, i got an idea which i will do at college in my spare time then i'll post here and you decide whether its good enough.. or not.
Don't bother looking at my portal submissions on this account my ability in flash is alot better than that now.
Also is there any rules about the amount of gore we can have?

BBS Signature

Response to "omg Its A Zombie" Collab 2010-05-09 17:59:41

Also is there any rules about the amount of gore we can have?

As much gore as you want! :)

- Looking forward to seeing it.

-Cave Johnson.

BBS Signature

Response to "omg Its A Zombie" Collab 2010-05-10 16:39:06

UUUGGHHHH I finally got access to flash, though It wasn't much.
MENU SWF
I think it's a little better, if there's anything you think needs to be improved.....

Response to "omg Its A Zombie" Collab 2010-05-10 17:02:05

At 5/10/10 04:39 PM, SirReginald wrote: UUUGGHHHH I finally got access to flash, though It wasn't much.
MENU SWF
I think it's a little better, if there's anything you think needs to be improved.....

I LOVE THE FBF TEXT, but not the glowing one, think you could fix it up a little?

-Cave Johnson.

BBS Signature

Response to "omg Its A Zombie" Collab 2010-05-10 17:21:34

Nice menu. My only question is, what information do you want us to give for the Bios?

Also, update.

Response to "omg Its A Zombie" Collab 2010-05-10 17:43:07

At 5/10/10 05:21 PM, Yhtomit wrote: Nice menu. My only question is, what information do you want us to give for the Bios?

Stuff like comments about the collab and a link to your user page and your part from the collab.

Also, update.

Nice its looking good, can you fix it when it shows the zombie running towards the other zombies when its first person?

-Cave Johnson.

BBS Signature

Response to "omg Its A Zombie" Collab 2010-05-10 18:56:06

Hey Im confused, is this going to have a background track or are we allowed to have songs and what not in our animations?

Response to "omg Its A Zombie" Collab 2010-05-11 11:53:27

At 5/10/10 06:56 PM, Noxx11 wrote: Hey Im confused, is this going to have a background track or are we allowed to have songs and what not in our animations?

No background track, if you want to add a song to your part go ahead, sound fx is allowed too.

If you dont have any music dont worry, ill add some :)

-Cave Johnson.

BBS Signature

Response to "omg Its A Zombie" Collab 2010-05-11 13:43:42

At 5/10/10 05:43 PM, MarkyLyne wrote: Nice its looking good, can you fix it when it shows the zombie running towards the other zombies when its first person?

Why? What's wrong with it?