Danopus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Danopus's artistic endeavors 2010-02-21 09:18:55 Reply

At 2/21/10 09:01 AM, Danopus wrote: W.I.P

Some wasp dude guy. I don't know.

Ok this will stay as a sketch because I have royally fucked it up and not saved the picture.

I ran. I ran until my muscles burned, and my veins pumped battery acid. Then I ran some more.

BBS Signature
Danopus
Danopus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Danopus's artistic endeavors 2010-04-09 09:19:54 Reply

Whoa what the fuck happened to my thread.

Charmander disapproves.

Danopus's artistic endeavors

I ran. I ran until my muscles burned, and my veins pumped battery acid. Then I ran some more.

BBS Signature
bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 52
Voice Actor
Response to Danopus's artistic endeavors 2010-04-09 11:33:56 Reply

At 4/9/10 09:19 AM, Danopus wrote: Charmander disapproves.

Something's wrong with the lower half of his body. Is he supposed to be sitting on something so his legs are bent? Is he just missing knees? Are we looking at the bottom of his shoes? Are his feet angled downwards so we're looking at the top of his shoes?

InTheBlue
InTheBlue
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Danopus's artistic endeavors 2010-04-09 11:41:48 Reply

At 4/9/10 11:33 AM, big-jonny-13 wrote: Something's wrong with the lower half of his body. Is he supposed to be sitting on something so his legs are bent? Is he just missing knees? Are we looking at the bottom of his shoes? Are his feet angled downwards so we're looking at the top of his shoes?

Maybe they're kneepads, and he lost the lower half of his legs

ARTARTART If home is where the heart is, then aren't you screwed.

BBS Signature
bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 52
Voice Actor
Response to Danopus's artistic endeavors 2010-04-09 12:08:13 Reply

At 4/9/10 11:41 AM, InTheBlue wrote: Maybe they're kneepads, and he lost the lower half of his legs

Poor kid. At least he's managed to work around it then and walk on his kneepads then.

Kashi
Kashi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Artist
Response to Danopus's artistic endeavors 2010-04-09 12:18:17 Reply

At 4/9/10 12:08 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
At 4/9/10 11:41 AM, InTheBlue wrote: Maybe they're kneepads, and he lost the lower half of his legs
Poor kid. At least he's managed to work around it then and walk on his kneepads then.

be strong, charmander gijinka

also, you shouldnt have added the tail, it takes away from the whole human thing...

Danopus
Danopus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Danopus's artistic endeavors 2010-04-09 12:20:32 Reply

At 4/9/10 12:18 PM, Kakashi1930 wrote:

also, you shouldnt have added the tail, it takes away from the whole human thing...

Ashman said mine weren't good enough and needed more pokemon aspects to them.

BBS Signature
Danopus
Danopus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Danopus's artistic endeavors 2010-04-09 12:29:35 Reply

At 4/9/10 11:33 AM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
At 4/9/10 09:19 AM, Danopus wrote: Charmander disapproves.
Something's wrong with the lower half of his body. Is he supposed to be sitting on something so his legs are bent? Is he just missing knees? Are we looking at the bottom of his shoes? Are his feet angled downwards so we're looking at the top of his shoes?

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF I forgot about knees.

Added some knees and removed the tail.

BBS Signature
Kashi
Kashi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Artist
Response to Danopus's artistic endeavors 2010-04-09 12:38:40 Reply

At 4/9/10 12:20 PM, Danopus wrote:
At 4/9/10 12:18 PM, Kakashi1930 wrote:

Ashman said mine weren't good enough and needed more pokemon aspects to them.

perhaps he meant to make it more unique to the specific pokemon, but not necessarily making it part-pokemon. but i could be wrong
since the gijinka is, essentially, the personification of the pokemon, it should be entirely human
what you could do is add a bit more to the shirt, making it the color of charmander, or even adding a jacket or accessory
thats just my opinion, im not going to make a big deal out of the tail, i just wanted to clarify things...

Danopus
Danopus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Danopus's artistic endeavors 2010-04-09 13:23:58 Reply

At 4/9/10 12:38 PM, Kakashi1930 wrote: perhaps he meant to make it more unique to the specific pokemon, but not necessarily making it part-pokemon. but i could be wrong
since the gijinka is, essentially, the personification of the pokemon, it should be entirely human
what you could do is add a bit more to the shirt, making it the color of charmander, or even adding a jacket or accessory
thats just my opinion, im not going to make a big deal out of the tail, i just wanted to clarify things...

Charmander is a pretty plain pokemon, to be honest. There's not much i CAN add, to be honest. I mean it's just an orange lizard, really.

BBS Signature
Ashman
Ashman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Artist
Response to Danopus's artistic endeavors 2010-04-09 13:31:42 Reply

think outside the box, this is what iv been telling you, give him a beanie hat or a hood to give the shaper of the head, red shirt and brown/tan trousers

charmelion could have a hat with a bit sticking up, or a type of mohawk to show the shape of his head and then long sleeves past his hands to show how long his arms are, be creative

bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 52
Voice Actor
Response to Danopus's artistic endeavors 2010-04-09 14:12:16 Reply

Dan, think of the gijinka's that I whipped up. Like ashman said, think OUTSIDE the box.
I would've had Charmander wearing a baseball cap forwards, representing the way his head is shaped. Charmeleon could have the hat turned sideways because he's a bit of a badass and an asshole. Charizard could have the hat turned backwards because he's determined and focused.
Thus, you would have each pokemon be individual, but it would also tie the family together.

Danopus
Danopus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Danopus's artistic endeavors 2010-04-09 15:18:34 Reply

At 4/9/10 02:12 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote: Dan, think of the gijinka's that I whipped up. Like ashman said, think OUTSIDE the box.
I would've had Charmander wearing a baseball cap forwards, representing the way his head is shaped. Charmeleon could have the hat turned sideways because he's a bit of a badass and an asshole. Charizard could have the hat turned backwards because he's determined and focused.
Thus, you would have each pokemon be individual, but it would also tie the family together.

Actually that's not a bad idea. I went with a bowl cut to make the head more rounded, but I like the idea of a hat. I think i'll give this kid a baseball cap, and charmeleon a kinda visor thing. But I dont really wanna change my charizard that much.

BBS Signature
Danopus
Danopus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Danopus's artistic endeavors 2010-04-12 15:26:51 Reply

Derp derp.

The blood on the wall is really messy. It was dark in my room and I couldnt really see where I was drawing it.

But anyway, another picture that makes next to NO sense at all.

BBS Signature
InTheBlue
InTheBlue
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Danopus's artistic endeavors 2010-04-13 16:30:34 Reply

At 4/12/10 03:26 PM, Danopus wrote: Derp derp.

The blood on the wall is really messy. It was dark in my room and I couldnt really see where I was drawing it.

But anyway, another picture that makes next to NO sense at all.

The feet look wierd

BBS Signature
Danopus
Danopus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Danopus's artistic endeavors 2010-05-07 14:40:32 Reply

illegal text

BBS Signature
Danopus
Danopus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Danopus's artistic endeavors 2010-05-16 17:07:53 Reply

At 5/7/10 02:40 PM, Danopus wrote: illegal text

even more illegal text.

Criticisms etc etc etc.

BBS Signature
Danopus
Danopus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Danopus's artistic endeavors 2010-06-01 08:28:17 Reply

MOTHERFUCKIN CAVEMAN.

I tried realism and stuff.

BBS Signature
Felis
Felis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Artist
Response to Danopus's artistic endeavors 2010-06-01 08:59:37 Reply

At 6/1/10 08:28 AM, Danopus wrote: MOTHERFUCKIN CAVEMAN.

In case you want critique on this...

The torso, IMO, is too straight. Even males have curves, not quite as fat based like most girls, but they still have bones and muscle.

TLDR;

A body looks better with fewer straight lines.

I have nothing to say that is at all relevant.

BBS Signature
Danopus
Danopus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Danopus's artistic endeavors 2010-06-01 09:11:25 Reply

At 6/1/10 08:59 AM, Felis wrote:
At 6/1/10 08:28 AM, Danopus wrote: MOTHERFUCKIN CAVEMAN.

In case you want critique on this...

The torso, IMO, is too straight. Even males have curves, not quite as fat based like most girls, but they still have bones and muscle.

TLDR;

A body looks better with fewer straight lines.

I see. That's a pretty good point.

This was a quick thing I drew, 'cause some animators at my school wanted a vague character design, and i'd forgotten to do it.

BBS Signature
Danopus
Danopus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Danopus's artistic endeavors 2010-06-01 09:30:24 Reply

Hi i'm 13 and I draw girls sometimes.

This is a revamp of the first post.
YES I KNOW THE HIPS ARE FREAKISHLY SMALL D:

BBS Signature
Ashman
Ashman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Artist
Response to Danopus's artistic endeavors 2010-06-01 09:47:02 Reply

At 6/1/10 09:30 AM, Danopus wrote: Hi i'm 13 and I draw girls sometimes.

This is a revamp of the first post.
YES I KNOW THE HIPS ARE FREAKISHLY SMALL D:

i honestly thought that was a boy, she has the shoulders of an american football player, as said, human body has NO straight lines, its made up of curves, women have more of them

bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 52
Voice Actor
Response to Danopus's artistic endeavors 2010-06-01 12:45:36 Reply

At 6/1/10 09:47 AM, Ashman wrote: i honestly thought that was a boy, she has the shoulders of an american football player, as said, human body has NO straight lines, its made up of curves, women have more of them

Well, there are those androgynous people.....

Zyphonee
Zyphonee
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Danopus's artistic endeavors 2010-06-01 12:54:03 Reply

That's one huge head, however, I really liked that charmander drawing, the colors are really good.

InTheBlue
InTheBlue
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Danopus's artistic endeavors 2010-06-02 07:23:38 Reply

At 6/1/10 09:47 AM, Ashman wrote: i honestly thought that was a boy, she has the shoulders of an american football player, as said, human body has NO straight lines, its made up of curves, women have more of them

I knew it was a girl because it had boobies

BBS Signature
bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 52
Voice Actor
Response to Danopus's artistic endeavors 2010-06-02 08:13:11 Reply

At 6/2/10 07:23 AM, InTheBlue wrote: I knew it was a girl because it had boobies

If you get rid of that line of cleavage, it becomes a guy.
Boobs tend to show some curves at the bottom under the shirt as well.

Lintire
Lintire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Danopus's artistic endeavors 2010-06-02 08:13:32 Reply

Although the shoulder to hip ration is kinda on (although if you squint just right it looks like foreshortening) it's the face that throws me off. Might want to try reading up on your proportions =P

Danopus
Danopus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Danopus's artistic endeavors 2010-06-26 09:51:01 Reply

Shizzle mah nizzle dawg, I been doin some serious shit.

Shit meaning nothing.

BUT; I drew an Ice pokemon trainer type thing. I may or may not go over it digitally.

How is it? I know about the freakishly skinny arms, thats a bad habit of mine, but other wise, what is good/bad about this picture?

BBS Signature
Ashman
Ashman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Artist
Response to Danopus's artistic endeavors 2010-06-26 10:04:58 Reply

whole upper body is too long, whole lower body is too short, do some real anatomy studies, the arms as you said are too skinny, and way too long, upper torso is too wide, head is too big, there are no shoulders/variation in the upper arms or lower arms, i can keep going but i wont, cause im nice

the pokemon (sorry for this) delibird is too small, check the anime, hes bigger, seal im pretty sure is too, and glalies face eg eyes mouth are too small, look at references when you draw, it will help you improve and with people it will help you memorise what goes where, proportions etc

Danopus
Danopus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Danopus's artistic endeavors 2010-06-26 10:28:57 Reply

At 6/26/10 10:04 AM, Ashman wrote: whole upper body is too long, whole lower body is too short, do some real anatomy studies, the arms as you said are too skinny, and way too long, upper torso is too wide, head is too big, there are no shoulders/variation in the upper arms or lower arms, i can keep going but i wont, cause im nice

the pokemon (sorry for this) delibird is too small, check the anime, hes bigger, seal im pretty sure is too, and glalies face eg eyes mouth are too small, look at references when you draw, it will help you improve and with people it will help you memorise what goes where, proportions etc

Ashy, his body is not too long; he is just wearing a long coat. His legs would join up someway into the coat, which they do, since i drew them there and then drew the coat over it. About the size of the pokemon, the reference i had was just a picture of the pokedex, and i roughly guessed the sizes from the ones listed (2'7" etc etc)

Ill fix it up if i go over it on the computer.

BBS Signature