Be a Supporter!

Danopus's artistic endeavors

  • 9,340 Views
  • 176 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Danopus
Danopus
  • Member since: Jul. 21, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Danopus's artistic endeavors 2010-02-17 06:54:00 Reply

Hey guys. I drew some pictures and I would like to share them with you. Feel free to comment on them.

For my starting picture I will show you my failure at drawing a girl. Enjoy. Or hate; if you're a douchebag.

Danopus's artistic endeavors


I ran. I ran until my muscles burned, and my veins pumped battery acid. Then I ran some more.

BBS Signature
J-qb
J-qb
  • Member since: Mar. 6, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Artist
Response to Danopus's artistic endeavors 2010-02-17 09:14:59 Reply

nice sig....


NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature
Aigis
Aigis
  • Member since: Jun. 18, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Artist
Response to Danopus's artistic endeavors 2010-02-17 09:19:07 Reply

Is that a tumour growing out of her right eye?


Aigis - Putting the 'ai' back in 'Aigis'.

BBS Signature
Ashman
Ashman
  • Member since: May. 12, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Artist
Response to Danopus's artistic endeavors 2010-02-17 09:44:40 Reply

how long ago did you ask for a name change, i should really get the 112 kicked off of mine

Danopus
Danopus
  • Member since: Jul. 21, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Danopus's artistic endeavors 2010-02-17 12:19:18 Reply

At 2/17/10 09:44 AM, ashman112 wrote: how long ago did you ask for a name change, i should really get the 112 kicked off of mine

Got mine the day after I asked. Ask Tom, Wade didn't do shit about mine

Nice sig.

Fuuuuuuuuu-


I ran. I ran until my muscles burned, and my veins pumped battery acid. Then I ran some more.

BBS Signature
Ashman
Ashman
  • Member since: May. 12, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Artist
Response to Danopus's artistic endeavors 2010-02-17 12:23:58 Reply

At 2/17/10 12:19 PM, Danopus wrote:
At 2/17/10 09:44 AM, ashman112 wrote: how long ago did you ask for a name change, i should really get the 112 kicked off of mine
Got mine the day after I asked. Ask Tom, Wade didn't do shit about mine

will do, wades too busy with important-er stuff


Nice sig.
Fuuuuuuuuu-

lolol

Danopus
Danopus
  • Member since: Jul. 21, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Danopus's artistic endeavors 2010-02-17 12:41:12 Reply

At 2/17/10 12:19 PM, Danopus wrote:
At 2/17/10 09:44 AM, ashman112 wrote: how long ago did you ask for a name change, i should really get the 112 kicked off of mine
Got mine the day after I asked. Ask Tom, Wade didn't do shit about mine

Nice sig.
Fuuuuuuuuu-

Lol fix'd this issue.

Now there is no evidence... AT ALL. MUAHAHA!

HA

...HA!

Danopus's artistic endeavors


I ran. I ran until my muscles burned, and my veins pumped battery acid. Then I ran some more.

BBS Signature
Ashman
Ashman
  • Member since: May. 12, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Artist
Response to Danopus's artistic endeavors 2010-02-17 12:54:56 Reply

At 2/17/10 12:41 PM, Danopus wrote: Lol fix'd this issue.

Now there is no evidence... AT ALL. MUAHAHA!

HA

...HA!

fail much, would help if you set it as your sig

J-qb
J-qb
  • Member since: Mar. 6, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Artist
Response to Danopus's artistic endeavors 2010-02-17 13:02:05 Reply

At 2/17/10 12:54 PM, ashman112 wrote: fail much, would help if you set it as your sig

fail much, would help if you refreshed/emptied your cache


NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature
Ashman
Ashman
  • Member since: May. 12, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Artist
Response to Danopus's artistic endeavors 2010-02-17 13:13:02 Reply

At 2/17/10 01:02 PM, J-qb wrote:
At 2/17/10 12:54 PM, ashman112 wrote: fail much, would help if you set it as your sig
fail much, would help if you refreshed/emptied your cache

hmm that is so wierd, that when i entered this thread now it was the old one, refresh and its the new one, hmmm

BlackmarketKraig
BlackmarketKraig
  • Member since: Dec. 8, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 32
Artist
Response to Danopus's artistic endeavors 2010-02-17 13:29:41 Reply

At 2/17/10 06:54 AM, Danopus wrote:
For my starting picture I will show you my failure at drawing a girl. Enjoy. Or hate; if you're a douchebag.

Cyborg?

Anyway, her neck looks way too thick. I see you have a cartoon/anime kind of stylization going on but i still think most of the proportions look off.

Also; what's wrong with your old thread Daniel?


This sig is 100% effective protection from all hexes, curses, evil spirits and bad karma. Guaranteed.

BBS Signature
Danopus
Danopus
  • Member since: Jul. 21, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Danopus's artistic endeavors 2010-02-17 13:31:15 Reply

At 2/17/10 01:13 PM, ashman112 wrote:
At 2/17/10 01:02 PM, J-qb wrote:
At 2/17/10 12:54 PM, ashman112 wrote: fail much, would help if you set it as your sig
fail much, would help if you refreshed/emptied your cache
hmm that is so wierd, that when i entered this thread now it was the old one, refresh and its the new one, hmmm

Thats because your internet is using a slightly older version of Newgrounds. Every time somebody updates their signature, user image etc, it changes Newgrounds. When you force your cache to be cleared it updates it, i think. Although, this whole post is just assumptions, so don't believe it all.


I ran. I ran until my muscles burned, and my veins pumped battery acid. Then I ran some more.

BBS Signature
JoeTheToucan
JoeTheToucan
  • Member since: Jun. 10, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Danopus's artistic endeavors 2010-02-17 13:33:18 Reply

At 2/17/10 01:29 PM, BlackmarketKraig wrote: what's wrong with your old thread Daniel?

dis


No mate, no.

BBS Signature
Danopus
Danopus
  • Member since: Jul. 21, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Danopus's artistic endeavors 2010-02-17 13:35:28 Reply

At 2/17/10 01:29 PM, BlackmarketKraig wrote:
At 2/17/10 06:54 AM, Danopus wrote:
For my starting picture I will show you my failure at drawing a girl. Enjoy. Or hate; if you're a douchebag.
Cyborg?

Anyway, her neck looks way too thick. I see you have a cartoon/anime kind of stylization going on but i still think most of the proportions look off.

Also; what's wrong with your old thread Daniel?

Yeah, I do have that sorta style. I'm not a huge fan of using refs though, so I don't get my anatomy and proportions 100%. I have to say that proportion wise this isn't my best. As for my old thread, I just thought it was time for a new fresh one. New name, new style, new thread.


I ran. I ran until my muscles burned, and my veins pumped battery acid. Then I ran some more.

BBS Signature
Fifty-50
Fifty-50
  • Member since: Sep. 5, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Artist
Response to Danopus's artistic endeavors 2010-02-17 18:07:48 Reply

At 2/17/10 06:54 AM, Danopus wrote: Hey guys. I drew some pictures and I would like to share them with you. Feel free to comment on them.

For my starting picture I will show you my failure at drawing a girl. Enjoy. Or hate; if you're a douchebag.

I'm starting to think this guy or girl is edward from fullmetal alchemist, well he/she looks like him. Very simple drawing, but this needs more fixing up.


Art Thread/NG Art - View it. /I love rainbows do you?/

BBS Signature
Zyphonee
Zyphonee
  • Member since: Nov. 13, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Danopus's artistic endeavors 2010-02-17 18:13:55 Reply

A wise mind once told me: "Keep in mind that often the pursuit of a goal is a joy in itself, I see that you have drive to continue artistry unlike many deplorable members of todays youth and commend you for it. Self awareness of your capability only shows you are grounded in reality, it's nothing to be ashamed of."

Values your art for what you think it's worth. It is natural to consider your own art bad, it happens to almost everyone, but don't feel you're being cocky just by saying you are proud of how something turned out, I like your style

Danopus
Danopus
  • Member since: Jul. 21, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Danopus's artistic endeavors 2010-02-18 09:30:38 Reply

Edited a bit. Will work on clothes later.

ALSO. IMPORTANT SHIT RIGHT HERE. I AM STREAMING SOME PAINTING. THAT'S RIGHT. PAINTING. THIS IS GONNA BE SOME HARDCORE STUFF SO YOU BITCHES BEST GET INTO MY STREAM .

So yeah. Got some new paints. now geddin.

Danopus's artistic endeavors


I ran. I ran until my muscles burned, and my veins pumped battery acid. Then I ran some more.

BBS Signature
TurkeyOnAStick
TurkeyOnAStick
  • Member since: Aug. 8, 2005
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 25
Artist
Response to Danopus's artistic endeavors 2010-02-18 09:36:05 Reply

At 2/17/10 01:35 PM, Danopus wrote: New name, new style, new thread.

Just want to correct you here:
I didn't let you have a new thread because you had a new name. You're still the same person.
I changed it because, like JessePants, there's a significant improvement compared to the pictures at the start of the old thread.


BBS Signature
Danopus
Danopus
  • Member since: Jul. 21, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Danopus's artistic endeavors 2010-02-18 11:00:55 Reply

At 2/18/10 09:36 AM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote:
At 2/17/10 01:35 PM, Danopus wrote: New name, new style, new thread.
Just want to correct you here:
I didn't let you have a new thread because you had a new name. You're still the same person.
I changed it because, like JessePants, there's a significant improvement compared to the pictures at the start of the old thread.

That too.

Also due to the fact that Livestream dislikes my webcam, there will be no streaming of my painting. It is now almost finished, and I will post it when it is completed.


I ran. I ran until my muscles burned, and my veins pumped battery acid. Then I ran some more.

BBS Signature
Danopus
Danopus
  • Member since: Jul. 21, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Danopus's artistic endeavors 2010-02-18 13:31:40 Reply

Giraffe finished.

Hi-Res in Art portal.

Scout me if you can please?

Danopus's artistic endeavors


I ran. I ran until my muscles burned, and my veins pumped battery acid. Then I ran some more.

BBS Signature
J-qb
J-qb
  • Member since: Mar. 6, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Artist
Response to Danopus's artistic endeavors 2010-02-18 14:03:06 Reply

it doesnt really look like a giraffe now does it?
sure giraffes are really hard to draw, but maybe you should start with something a little bit simpler.... and use a reference.

also; I used to hate it when art teachers told me to not leave any white space, but sometimes it helps to just listen to them.


NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature
bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 52
Voice Actor
Response to Danopus's artistic endeavors 2010-02-18 14:04:00 Reply

At 2/18/10 01:31 PM, Danopus wrote: Giraffe finished.

Crop out everything except the painting.
And you know better than to ask to be scouted :P

Danopus
Danopus
  • Member since: Jul. 21, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Danopus's artistic endeavors 2010-02-18 14:15:51 Reply

At 2/18/10 02:03 PM, J-qb wrote: it doesnt really look like a giraffe now does it?
sure giraffes are really hard to draw, but maybe you should start with something a little bit simpler.... and use a reference.

also; I used to hate it when art teachers told me to not leave any white space, but sometimes it helps to just listen to them.

I think it looks like a Giraffe. It has a relatively long neck. It has spots. I looked at a picture of a Giraffe to refresh my memory, but I didn't use a reference, as I don't like them.

As for the white space thing, yeah I think I fucked up the picture doing that.

And for the simpler thing, I'm an overconfident person and like to paint difficult things. I'll paint a Red Panda tomorrow and use a reference.


I ran. I ran until my muscles burned, and my veins pumped battery acid. Then I ran some more.

BBS Signature
monkeyspanthisgooplz
monkeyspanthisgooplz
  • Member since: Dec. 18, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Danopus's artistic endeavors 2010-02-18 14:33:24 Reply

At 2/18/10 02:04 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
At 2/18/10 01:31 PM, Danopus wrote: Giraffe finished.
Crop out everything except the painting.
And you know better than to ask to be scouted :P

Or crop out the painting and you'll double your chances of being scouted.

XwaynecoltX
XwaynecoltX
  • Member since: Jan. 17, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 52
Movie Buff
Response to Danopus's artistic endeavors 2010-02-18 15:12:40 Reply

Notbad i like the use of color in these, could use more bacround standing out but still nice work, hope to see more soon

~X~


~X~ ~X~ ~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
POXNORA ??? A Very Unique game

BBS Signature
Danopus
Danopus
  • Member since: Jul. 21, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Danopus's artistic endeavors 2010-02-20 09:36:41 Reply

rawrarwrarawrararaaaaawr!

Drawn on http://tegakie.com/

An old OC of mine. Called Nate.

He's a pretty cool guy.

Danopus's artistic endeavors


I ran. I ran until my muscles burned, and my veins pumped battery acid. Then I ran some more.

BBS Signature
Danopus
Danopus
  • Member since: Jul. 21, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Danopus's artistic endeavors 2010-02-21 08:04:32 Reply

Yawwwwwn.

Drawn on Tegaki-E

Danopus's artistic endeavors


I ran. I ran until my muscles burned, and my veins pumped battery acid. Then I ran some more.

BBS Signature
J-qb
J-qb
  • Member since: Mar. 6, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Artist
Response to Danopus's artistic endeavors 2010-02-21 08:36:20 Reply

At 2/21/10 08:04 AM, Danopus wrote: Yawwwwwn.

Drawn on Tegaki-E

Dan, your coloring is getting better and better, but I feel it doesnt really mix that well with the cartoony style/lineart you use.... ever thought about doing some lifedrawing?


NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature
Danopus
Danopus
  • Member since: Jul. 21, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Danopus's artistic endeavors 2010-02-21 08:44:00 Reply

At 2/21/10 08:36 AM, J-qb wrote:
At 2/21/10 08:04 AM, Danopus wrote: Yawwwwwn.

Drawn on Tegaki-E
Dan, your coloring is getting better and better, but I feel it doesnt really mix that well with the cartoony style/lineart you use.... ever thought about doing some lifedrawing?

Yeah. Always. But it's not really my goal. It would be fun to learn, but I actually aspire to be make character designs for Video Games. I'm not really sure if life drawings are really big with them, but yes, I do think about learning a lot.

Im just not sure HOW to learn.


I ran. I ran until my muscles burned, and my veins pumped battery acid. Then I ran some more.

BBS Signature
Danopus
Danopus
  • Member since: Jul. 21, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Danopus's artistic endeavors 2010-02-21 09:01:06 Reply

W.I.P

Some wasp dude guy. I don't know.

Danopus's artistic endeavors


I ran. I ran until my muscles burned, and my veins pumped battery acid. Then I ran some more.

BBS Signature