00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Jesspionic just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Someone in Japan Stole my Music

34,513 Views | 194 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Someone in Japan Stole my Music 2010-02-20 18:26:52

At 2/20/10 10:56 AM, nathanallenpinard wrote: I for one do not think KgZ should have allowed him to use his music for a for-profit game. It degrades the overall value of composers everywhere. But to each his own.

The only reason I said it was alright was because he lives in Japan, and the hassle would be too much to follow through if compensation was required. Right now, my goal is for people to hear my music (when credited properly, of course).

I mean, even if he asked me in the past and told me that this was a commercial game, I would have probably stilled allowed it the same way. It was just miss communication that this whole ordeal started.

www.macjams.com/artist/kgz (Download links)

Response to Someone in Japan Stole my Music 2010-02-20 18:28:40

Also, no news yet, I will post when I hear more information.

If he posts something on his website hopefully someone from the touhou community can translate for me.

Response to Someone in Japan Stole my Music 2010-02-20 19:54:14

At 2/20/10 06:28 PM, KgZ wrote: If he posts something on his website hopefully someone from the touhou community can translate for me.

I'll try to check his site at least every day to see if he posts anything. Nothing new yet, though.

Response to Someone in Japan Stole my Music 2010-02-22 01:03:25

Synopsis from /chaypee/:

"KzG - composer of music which the creator of Vampirish Night used in some of his doujin games without asking for his permission, made a threadin NGs asking if someone knew the email of the creator of Vampirish Night(CVN) since he didn't understand japanese and hadn't been able to find it by himself.
NG got all "INTERNET COPYRIGHT POLICE" and found CVN's email and spammed him with emails accusing him of theft copyright infringement and probably ******* a cat.
CVN didn't understand english either which made things more complicated.

Anyways, /jp/ got tip of the situations and there were some that "eased" communication between KzG and CVN.

Long story short, it appeared to be a missunderstanding and CVN decided to cancel VN because he felt he had offended/disshonored/or something else japanese culturally related.

/jp/ is sad."

I'm rather disappointed as well... VN looked like quite the amazing game.

Response to Someone in Japan Stole my Music 2010-02-22 02:05:18

At 2/22/10 01:03 AM, zero721ms wrote: "KzG - composer of music which the creator of Vampirish Night used in some of his doujin games without asking for his permission, made a threadin NGs asking if someone knew the email of the creator of Vampirish Night(CVN) since he didn't understand japanese and hadn't been able to find it by himself.

Silly /jp/, it's KgZ, not KzG, although considering how much they think of me, it's no surprise that they got it mixed up. I agree that selling games for-profit using stolen music is bad, although I think the game creator should have just removed all copyrighted music and let somebody else compose some. There would have been tons of people wanting to compose good music for it.

For anybody interested, here is the entire thread on /jp/: http://archive.easymodo.net/cgi-board.pl /jp/thread/4453252

Response to Someone in Japan Stole my Music 2010-02-22 09:45:45

For anybody interested, here is the entire thread on /jp/: http://archive.easymodo.net/cgi-board.pl /jp/thread/4453252

oh gaddd. oh gahh, what a shitstorm!

Response to Someone in Japan Stole my Music 2010-02-22 10:12:16

I'm just quoting 'em as I see 'em. But thanks for clearing that misunderstanding.

Response to Someone in Japan Stole my Music 2010-02-22 10:22:54

Can someone fill me in who KoG is?

Response to Someone in Japan Stole my Music 2010-02-22 11:05:10

At 2/22/10 10:22 AM, KgZ wrote: Can someone fill me in who KoG is?

4chan related. A guy that is known for getting post counts ending in 5 and usually posts with Yami from Yu-Gi-Oh's image. KoG, or "King of GETs."

Back to this topic: I have been refreshing this forum everyday since the circle announced that it stopped production. I am a Touhou fan with strong links to many Japanese Touhou artists from pixiv (like a Japanese deviantART) who also release doujin (self-published) comics. Many of them are waiting for the resolution of this project.

I truly hope that in the future KgZ can collaborate with Kayano to create future self-published Touhou games even if this one is currently halted. My friends and even ZUN (creator of Touhou Project) has noticed this game's production being stopped. The Touhou Project series itself is mostly "self-published" and the games themselves are not a commercial production, so it's difficult to draw the line if doujin-related goods even make enough profit. Of course, with the earlier talk about copyrights, the license used doesn't even affect Japan.

I hope that Kayano is willing to overcome this misunderstanding and continue the game. It was very difficult for me to see my friends' responses when I translated parts of this NG topic for them to understand the reason for the game's cancellation. Please do your best to talk to Kayano. He probably understands how many Touhou fans were looking forward to this release. I know I am.

Response to Someone in Japan Stole my Music 2010-02-22 12:55:34

Of course, with the earlier talk about copyrights, the license used doesn't even affect Japan.

What are the copyright laws in Japan anyway?

Response to Someone in Japan Stole my Music 2010-02-22 13:22:42

At 2/22/10 12:55 PM, nathanallenpinard wrote:
Of course, with the earlier talk about copyrights, the license used doesn't even affect Japan.
What are the copyright laws in Japan anyway?

Wiki Japan's Copywrite Law

Response to Someone in Japan Stole my Music 2010-02-22 14:20:53

KgZ, I sent you a PM, did you get it ?

Also, for people who know more about Japan and Japanese mentality, is there a way we can persuade Kayano to keep making the game ?

Response to Someone in Japan Stole my Music 2010-02-23 02:51:48

At 2/22/10 11:28 PM, benyue1978 wrote: I don't wanna sound like a dick

Actually, you just sounded like an ignorant douche.

Response to Someone in Japan Stole my Music 2010-02-23 08:33:39

Maybe he's sounding like a di...sh...bag, but I am really afraid of this.

Response to Someone in Japan Stole my Music 2010-02-23 20:36:45

At 2/15/10 11:41 AM, KgZ wrote: Japan
yen

O SNAP! Tell him to get back to his own currency.