00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

KamenRider01 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Someone in Japan Stole my Music

34,512 Views | 194 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Someone in Japan Stole my Music 2010-02-19 04:10:20

Maybe we can all ask him to keep making the game ?
And send him a box of chocolate bonbons ?

and ask for my socks back

Well, seriously, maybe we can all apologize (me first) and tell him that was a misunderstanding.

Response to Someone in Japan Stole my Music 2010-02-19 04:15:18

Group hug bro.

www.macjams.com/artist/kgz (Download links)

Response to Someone in Japan Stole my Music 2010-02-19 04:19:16

Yeah... but will he understand ?
You know the Japanese mentality, with all that honor & stuff. Now maybe this was quite a shock for him and all this aggressive attitude might started from me... ouch...

really, I should quit on coffee

Response to Someone in Japan Stole my Music 2010-02-19 04:39:29

Hello all,

I've passed a message from Kayano-san to KgZ and from KgZ back to Kayano-san, hopefully they will be able to work things out.

Please refrain from trolling and spamming and whatnot, it seems both parties are not angry at each other and would like to try and work things out.

Response to Someone in Japan Stole my Music 2010-02-19 04:42:28

Can you please pass a message from me also ?
I officially apologize for a way to aggressive attitude and inappropriate overreacting.
I also think that I speak for many of angry newgrounders that might had been carried away by negative feelings.

Response to Someone in Japan Stole my Music 2010-02-19 09:32:12

I got another mail from the game creator.

He wanted to apologize to Newgrounds for misusing the music and thank those who've helped to work this thing out and informed him of his mistakes. He said he doesn't hold any flaming/spamming against you guys and feels that it was a natural response considering that he jacked original content without asking.

Anyway I passed along the message to KgZ.

>sorohanro
Sure, I passed along your message.

Response to Someone in Japan Stole my Music 2010-02-19 10:18:28

Thank you.
If we would in "real" reality I would buy you a beer, actually to everyone who was truly helpful (not like me, ranting and barking). well, being on internet and some being under age for beer, I'll offer you for free a copy of my album which is a commercial release of Sysound label.

I'll PM you with a link to a mp3 format of the album :)

Response to Someone in Japan Stole my Music 2010-02-19 10:43:57

Nice to see that things are working out here :)

Response to Someone in Japan Stole my Music 2010-02-19 10:55:19

Good. And what about the game? Can we see it at least at C78?

Response to Someone in Japan Stole my Music 2010-02-19 11:27:50

Helmbot, please translate:

Even if you feel uncomfortable using my music, from this point on I have no problem with you using any of my songs. If you decide not to use my music material anymore, that is fine as well.

Take care,

KgZ

I dunno if this is one of the messages that QED sent, but I just sent it myself.

Response to Someone in Japan Stole my Music 2010-02-19 11:33:38

I hope everything will get to normal, to that normality that should have been from beginning, and the game will get to daylight soon with proper credits and clearance over copyright.

Response to Someone in Japan Stole my Music 2010-02-19 12:06:41

Going to bed now, thanks for the cooperation all.

Here's a link to the thread on 4chan if anyone's interested (but don't troll/flame please, let's not make this into some kind of board war).

http://boards.4chan.org/jp/res/4417470

Response to Someone in Japan Stole my Music 2010-02-19 14:21:18

Just let him use your fucking music jesus christ.

I'm sure he'd be happy to toss your name into his credits. And if you asked, you could probably even get a free copy of the damn game, since he'd owe you one for letting him use your shit.

Response to Someone in Japan Stole my Music 2010-02-19 14:22:34

At 2/19/10 12:06 PM, QED495 wrote: Going to bed now, thanks for the cooperation all.

Here's a link to the thread on 4chan if anyone's interested (but don't troll/flame please, let's not make this into some kind of board war).

http://boards.4chan.org/jp/res/4417470

That'll be a useless link in about an hour, since the way 4chan threads get deleted after awhile of inactivity makes it so linking to them from outside sites useless.

Response to Someone in Japan Stole my Music 2010-02-19 14:25:50

At 2/19/10 02:21 PM, Tokanova wrote: Just let him use your fucking music jesus christ.

I'm sure he'd be happy to toss your name into his credits. And if you asked, you could probably even get a free copy of the damn game, since he'd owe you one for letting him use your shit.

Please read all the thread.
The issue seems to solve and all was a misunderstanding. KgZ agreed already on usage of the music (several pages ago, all you need is read) and also the issue wasn't the money or crediting but more like a courtesy asking for.

Read please and share your thoughts again.

Response to Someone in Japan Stole my Music 2010-02-19 14:36:35

At 2/19/10 02:25 PM, sorohanro wrote:
At 2/19/10 02:21 PM, Tokanova wrote: Just let him use your fucking music jesus christ.

Please read all the thread.
The issue seems to solve and all was a misunderstanding. KgZ agreed already on usage of the music (several pages ago, all you need is read) and also the issue wasn't the money or crediting but more like a courtesy asking for.

Read please and share your thoughts again.

Alright I read through it and have come to my final conclusion.

Everyone overreacted. Every single person involved. That japanese fellow for canceling his game, KgZ for the way he handled the situation (No reason to have folks spam comments, or flood email boxes.) and everyone else who hopped on the bandwagon and picked sides.

And as KgZ said earlier in the thread, he could of handled this situation much more professionally.
But he didn't, and so drama was born from the clash.

I feel bad for the guy who was making that game though, more than I do KgZ. But that's probably because I don't put much merit into music.

Response to Someone in Japan Stole my Music 2010-02-19 14:44:27

Well, as you said, people overreacted. Probably me the most.
Let's hope that the situation is fixable and the game will go on and KgZ will get famous for being in this game and Newgrounds will get famous for providing awesome art (flash, music, visuals) not for some users overreacting :))

Response to Someone in Japan Stole my Music 2010-02-19 14:54:45

Everyone overreacted. Every single person involved. That japanese fellow for canceling his game, KgZ for the way he handled the situation (No reason to have folks spam comments, or flood email boxes.) and everyone else who hopped on the bandwagon and picked sides.

And as KgZ said earlier in the thread, he could of handled this situation much more professionally.
But he didn't, and so drama was born from the clash.

God, get your facts straight, people. KgZ never once told people to go spam the guy's page with comments or flood his email. He even explicitly said that he didn't condone those actions. In fact, KgZ is possibly the only person who didn't overreact during all of this. I don't think there was anything wrong in him taking time to decide on the best course of action, especially since he didn't have anyone that spoke Japanese right off the bat. Furthermore, from the start he's said that he didn't mind having his music used as long as he was credited. What was wrong was how everyone else took matters into their own hands and decided that flaming and spamming Hiromu was somehow the solution to this problem.

We're trying to solve this in a civil manner now, so I would appreciate it if you wouldn't come in here and start pointing fingers everywhere when you don't even know what's going on.

Response to Someone in Japan Stole my Music 2010-02-19 15:02:01

It would be best if some mods blocked both of theese threads and let theese guys make a deal over e-mail, the way we are handling things right now is just going to start a flame-war.

BBS Signature

Response to Someone in Japan Stole my Music 2010-02-19 15:07:09

True, everyone overreacted. Including, first and foremost KgZ. I appreciate that he's learned from his mistakes, but that doesn't make him guilty-free, unlike you're implying.
Why? Simple. KgZ was credited from the very begining. I don't want to offend, but I'd appreciate if you people would learn the language of the 'thief' Or did you just checked on the game, saw no Romanji, and immediatly assumed the worst? Nice. I've been a newgrounds member for five years, and this is the first time I see something like this happen. The game had potential and, as a danmaku player, I think it's a waste.
The japanese guy said that he' shappy for the recent support he received, but being a theif is looked down on the local doujin comunnity so... I don't think Vampirish Night will ever see the light of day.

Response to Someone in Japan Stole my Music 2010-02-19 15:13:10

Yes! Flaming opportunity. I will leave daily comments on all links posted. I know people in jail for this so I can use that as threats :D

Response to Someone in Japan Stole my Music 2010-02-19 15:14:57

At 2/19/10 03:13 PM, denverbroncos59 wrote: Yes! Flaming opportunity. I will leave daily comments on all links posted. I know people in jail for this so I can use that as threats :D

Oops nvm haha didn't realize it was sorted out...only got to page 3 and saw all this evidence against the programmer

Response to Someone in Japan Stole my Music 2010-02-19 16:35:09

I'll convince him to finish the game for the touhou fans by making a Vampirish Night Theme.

Either that or I'll record a video of myself tap dancing.

www.macjams.com/artist/kgz (Download links)

Response to Someone in Japan Stole my Music 2010-02-19 16:50:28

At 2/19/10 04:35 PM, KgZ wrote: Either that or I'll record a video of myself tap dancing.

NAKED IN A NAZI COSTUME

Response to Someone in Japan Stole my Music 2010-02-19 16:59:16

At 2/19/10 04:50 PM, xKore wrote:
At 2/19/10 04:35 PM, KgZ wrote: Either that or I'll record a video of myself tap dancing.
NAKED IN A NAZI COSTUME

does not compute

Response to Someone in Japan Stole my Music 2010-02-19 17:22:38

Man... that's the most pointless thread ever.
First we try to stop the guy, then we struggle to make him doing the stuff that we stopped him...
Couldn't you tap dance from the start of it ?

Response to Someone in Japan Stole my Music 2010-02-19 20:43:57

I'm a bit too lazy to read most of this, but I did see the one big paragraph where the game maker said he wasn't releasing the game any more. I'd think you should just tell him that the best apology he can offer is by going through with the game.

ROCK GOD HISAO - [Part 1] [Part 2] [Part 3] [Part 4]

BBS Signature

Response to Someone in Japan Stole my Music 2010-02-20 10:56:01

I for one do not think KgZ should have allowed him to use his music for a for-profit game. It degrades the overall value of composers everywhere. But to each his own.

Response to Someone in Japan Stole my Music 2010-02-20 11:57:57

At 2/20/10 10:56 AM, nathanallenpinard wrote: I for one do not think KgZ should have allowed him to use his music for a for-profit game. It degrades the overall value of composers everywhere. But to each his own.
for-profit game
Impying 750 yen game which can be sold in maximum 200 copies is "for-profit"

He can probably sell it all, cover expences(barely) and buy 2-3 bottles of beer with gained extra-money! Yay!

Response to Someone in Japan Stole my Music 2010-02-20 15:15:31

Any news ?
How's getting communicating with the guy ? Is he going to make the game or we'll have a flame war between net communities and a KgZ tap dancing ?