Be a Supporter!

Real-Life Prison Shows

  • 1,528 Views
  • 7 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
ngman7
ngman7
  • Member since: Feb. 16, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Real-Life Prison Shows 2010-02-13 14:33:35 Reply

I was watching Lockdown: Raw on TV last night. It's interesting to watch these shows so people know what prison life is like in the real world, but what's bad about these programs is that they are inadvertently showing people how to make alcoholic drinks and weapons from ordinary things. The prison staffs should monitor what they give people or carefully dole out what they give people. The prisons are are apparently breeding grounds for criminal scientists. Wouldn't you agree this is bad?

Years ago people used to joke and say, " I made my own homemade bomb, because I got it off the internet."

zen64
zen64
  • Member since: Oct. 22, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Real-Life Prison Shows 2010-02-13 14:38:10 Reply

You can get about any type of information on the internet anyway. So, it doesn't really make a difference.


Credit goes to ChrisLovejoy for this spectacularly spooky sig! [Go fab to fight against breast cancer! For the sake of titties everywhere!]

BBS Signature
ngman7
ngman7
  • Member since: Feb. 16, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Real-Life Prison Shows 2010-02-13 14:42:20 Reply

At 2/13/10 02:38 PM, zen64 wrote: You can get about any type of information on the internet anyway. So, it doesn't really make a difference.

Don't you agree it's bad they are telling people how they made liquor and weapons in prison? It might give some criminal deviant who's watching the show some ideas.

Rallard
Rallard
  • Member since: Nov. 29, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Real-Life Prison Shows 2010-02-13 14:44:07 Reply

I've watched Lockdown a few times, yeah it's pretty interesting. They can really monitor what they give out though, because prisoners have so much time to think to themselves in their cells that pretty much anything they're provided can be turned into a potential weapon (or something to get them high).

Only solution would be to take away everything, like toothbrushes, soap, etc., and that'd be a violation of human rights.

zen64
zen64
  • Member since: Oct. 22, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Real-Life Prison Shows 2010-02-13 14:46:12 Reply

At 2/13/10 02:42 PM, ngman7 wrote: Don't you agree it's bad they are telling people how they made liquor and weapons in prison? It might give some criminal deviant who's watching the show some ideas.

Of course it's bad, but if he is a criminal deviant, he probably knew how to do that stuff in the first place. He doesn't really have to though, considering that he's on the outside and can just get liquor and weapons rather then making them.


Credit goes to ChrisLovejoy for this spectacularly spooky sig! [Go fab to fight against breast cancer! For the sake of titties everywhere!]

BBS Signature
ngman7
ngman7
  • Member since: Feb. 16, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Real-Life Prison Shows 2010-02-13 14:50:14 Reply

At 2/13/10 02:46 PM, zen64 wrote:
At 2/13/10 02:42 PM, ngman7 wrote: Don't you agree it's bad they are telling people how they made liquor and weapons in prison? It might give some criminal deviant who's watching the show some ideas.
Of course it's bad, but if he is a criminal deviant, he probably knew how to do that stuff in the first place. He doesn't really have to though, considering that he's on the outside and can just get liquor and weapons rather then making them.

I recall a while ago they were showing people how they smuggle narcotics into prison, like in breakfast cereals or greeting cards. That's inadvertantly showing people the flaws in their plansand giving them insight on how they can avoid mistakes. Not that anyone I know would try that.

zen64
zen64
  • Member since: Oct. 22, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Real-Life Prison Shows 2010-02-13 14:55:44 Reply

At 2/13/10 02:50 PM, ngman7 wrote: I recall a while ago they were showing people how they smuggle narcotics into prison, like in breakfast cereals or greeting cards. That's inadvertantly showing people the flaws in their plansand giving them insight on how they can avoid mistakes.

People have been smuggling drugs like that waaaaay before this show or any other show like it came to be. If there's a will, there's a way. Unfortunately, that also applies to drug smuggling.

Not that anyone I know would try that.

I doubt anyone you know is a member of a criminal organization.

:Or are they?


Credit goes to ChrisLovejoy for this spectacularly spooky sig! [Go fab to fight against breast cancer! For the sake of titties everywhere!]

BBS Signature
ngman7
ngman7
  • Member since: Feb. 16, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Real-Life Prison Shows 2010-02-13 14:59:49 Reply

At 2/13/10 02:55 PM, zen64 wrote:

I doubt anyone you know is a member of a criminal organization.

Or are they?

Of course not. But I know some people who were involved in drug-trafficing.