New Topic Respond to this Topic
NeverHundred
NeverHundred
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
An Immature reaction Feb. 3rd, 2010 @ 01:48 PM Reply

Alright so I'm heading into the library. And as I'm heading for the door I see this woman on her cellphone right outside the door. She mentions something about a missing an appointment or some such thing, because she had a bladder infection.

I don't stop if anything I start to walk faster, only thing is someone else is in front of me so I can't get past them into the building. I'm turning my head in order to hide the smile that's forming and doing anything I can to stop from letting out a giggle and I'm thinking, "why do I want to laugh, this shouldn't be funny!"

Who out there has been in this kind of situation where you know you shouldn't laugh, either becuase it's at someone else's misfortune or because it would just seem childish... but you did anyway. Did you try to hide it, did you try saying something like, "Oh, I'm sorry I wasn't laughing at you... it's just that I spontaneously remembered this other joke I heard that I found funny."

Maybe people shouldn't talk about there bladder infections in public places.

BBS Signature
PaNicATtaCk64
PaNicATtaCk64
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to An Immature reaction Feb. 3rd, 2010 @ 01:50 PM Reply

"Starch makes things stiff..."

BBS Signature
Intrigued
Intrigued
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to An Immature reaction Feb. 3rd, 2010 @ 02:40 PM Reply

'' Jesus is real...''

I'm just joking all you religious types. I'm agnostic

BBS Signature
HazeStigma
HazeStigma
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to An Immature reaction Feb. 3rd, 2010 @ 02:56 PM Reply

Never happened before... sorry

Fear Me! "You are a government organization designed to monitor the NG BBS. you hide behind your smiles but there is something very sinister about you, oh yes." - DragonFyre9

BBS Signature
mariomusicmaker1
mariomusicmaker1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to An Immature reaction Feb. 3rd, 2010 @ 03:06 PM Reply

Back in highschool, this one guy had tourettes ( spelling....?) And he would spout off several words a minue that where funny or terrifing,

one minute he would say, SHIT, and a few seconds later DICK then combine the words, SHIT DiCK!

Oh i laughed so many times in that class and i felt bad every time,

my personal favorite,

COCK, Motherfucker! MOTHERFUCKERCOCKSUCKER!

got me every time,

I Stopped A Rape!!!
" If music is an art, let your car be the canvas, "

BBS Signature
Stickman91
Stickman91
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Programmer
Response to An Immature reaction Feb. 3rd, 2010 @ 03:17 PM Reply

At 2/3/10 01:48 PM, NeverHundred wrote: Who out there has been in this kind of situation where you know you shouldn't laugh, either becuase it's at someone else's misfortune or because it would just seem childish... but you did anyway.

I've been in situations where I have no reason to laugh, but I'll laugh anyway...

Did you try to hide it, did you try saying something like, "Oh, I'm sorry I wasn't laughing at you... it's just that I spontaneously remembered this other joke I heard that I found funny."

... and this is what actually happens. Someone asks me why I'm laughing, and I tell them the truth: I just spontaneously thought of something funny. But I rarely laugh at serious/unfortunate things, unless they're phrased or said in a funny way. For example, "The baby flew out the window" would probably crack me up. In fact, it's cracking me up a little right now!

Maybe I'm just crazy.

Thankfully, this hasn't happened to me at a funeral or during some other sad/serious event like that...

... yet.
Sinitech
Sinitech
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Audiophile
Response to An Immature reaction Feb. 3rd, 2010 @ 03:18 PM Reply

At 2/3/10 01:48 PM, NeverHundred wrote: "Oh, I'm sorry I wasn't laughing at you... it's just that I spontaneously remembered this other joke I heard that I found funny."

I use this all the damn time.

It's like a get out of jail free card.

LOL

BBS Signature
Newgate
Newgate
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to An Immature reaction Feb. 3rd, 2010 @ 04:03 PM Reply

*clears throat* Ever watched the special olympics?

Like a Boss. Hit me up.

BBS Signature
smartesthere
smartesthere
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to An Immature reaction Feb. 3rd, 2010 @ 04:17 PM Reply

Usually it's a case of laughing at one of those funny moments that I remenber- but always in a completely innapropriate place- funerals, hospitals, exams, ect...

When you know you shouldn't laugh- everything becomes so much more funny.

Goldfire64
Goldfire64
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to An Immature reaction Feb. 3rd, 2010 @ 05:15 PM Reply

once for a class we had to watch the Diary of anne frank. I was still thinking about a very humorous joke a friend of mine made several minutes earlier. Needless to say i started laughing right as nazis were doing evil thing and everyone got pissed at me.

Gedveikur
Gedveikur
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to An Immature reaction Feb. 3rd, 2010 @ 05:18 PM Reply

Well I had just started watching the new family guy and the part about drunk bobby came up right when an inappropriate situation came up..... needless to say I was having a hard time keeping back the laughter.

BBS Signature
Saxturbation
Saxturbation
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to An Immature reaction Feb. 3rd, 2010 @ 05:20 PM Reply

I laugh about some of the stupidest things out there so from time to time I find myself laughing at other people in public when I know I shouldn't. It's just so hard to hold it back from time to time.

Who's your warden, baby?

BBS Signature
tiskewl
tiskewl
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to An Immature reaction Feb. 3rd, 2010 @ 05:39 PM Reply

I would find that funny just because she was walking around talking about her bladder infection to her phone in public.

Sinitech
Sinitech
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Audiophile
Response to An Immature reaction Feb. 3rd, 2010 @ 08:23 PM Reply

At 2/3/10 03:17 PM, Stickman91 wrote: Thankfully, this hasn't happened to me at a funeral or during some other sad/serious event like that...

I laughed at a funeral, once.

I don't remember why, but I don't think anyone payed any attention to it.

I'm sure as soon as they were driving home they realized there was some douche laughing in the back during their son's funeral.

LOL

BBS Signature
ClareMcG
ClareMcG
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to An Immature reaction Feb. 3rd, 2010 @ 08:32 PM Reply

Once when I was a lot younger, one of my friends fell off his chair in class. He was properly hurt and crying and the entire class and teacher were helping him.

...And I have never to this day laughed so hard at anything else in my life.

I feel this says a lot about me as a person.

Wyatt2012
Wyatt2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to An Immature reaction Feb. 3rd, 2010 @ 09:01 PM Reply

Happens to me all the time. It's just SSSOOO hard to hold it in.

"As we speak, Osama Bin Laden is living with Spongebob in a pineapple under the sea." - Jimmy Kimmel

BBS Signature
BrockManson
BrockManson
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Writer
Response to An Immature reaction Feb. 3rd, 2010 @ 09:07 PM Reply

I remember once when I was at school and 15 years-old at the time. This fat canadian kid from the year below had broken his leg so was on crutches. Anyway, school had finished and he'd been to get his bag from the locker room. The doorway of the locker room had 3 metal steps that led to the door.
Sure enough, the guy put one crutch on the first step and then completely bailed. He rolled down all the steps and started crying.

I had to discreetly shuffle away as I couldn't help myself from laughing.

Some people feel content to pour syrup on shit and call it pancakes their whole lives.

DragonFyre9
DragonFyre9
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Musician
Response to An Immature reaction Feb. 3rd, 2010 @ 09:33 PM Reply

That's never really happened to me, I usually don't find things like that funny.

Irrelephant
Irrelephant
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Blank Slate
Response to An Immature reaction Feb. 3rd, 2010 @ 09:40 PM Reply

I was sitting in class back in 7th grade and this kid had the hiccups during the lesson. I don't know why I found them funny, but I started to smile, which turned into a laugh. I tried to hide my face behind my book, but the teacher saw me and said, "What's the matter with you, do you think hiccups are funny?"

It was pretty embarrassing.

Formerly known as Headshot777
The Newgrounds BBS is like a woman. All the teenagers who get into it make a terrible mess within two minutes. -Jercurpac

BBS Signature
DrDMensha
DrDMensha
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to An Immature reaction Feb. 5th, 2010 @ 03:04 PM Reply

everyone quiet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..................
.......my yeast is rising.

XzaLLeNT
XzaLLeNT
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to An Immature reaction Feb. 5th, 2010 @ 03:58 PM Reply

for some reason i dont like it when i see people in an embrassing or a lol situation because id HATE to be in that kind of situation as well.. but godamit sometimes my laugh threshold is SUPER low and just cant help but laugh at something i shouldnt. but if i get caught in the act, i usually just keep a REALLY REALLY big smile that makes me look like a dumbass or i pretend that im squinting cuz the sun's burning my face..

usually works

BBS Signature
jewdudewtf
jewdudewtf
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 48
Blank Slate
Response to An Immature reaction Feb. 5th, 2010 @ 04:01 PM Reply

Health and Biology class.

I find that talking about poop and penises in an educational manner to be one of the funniest things ever.

CharltonChinchilla
CharltonChinchilla
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to An Immature reaction Feb. 5th, 2010 @ 04:33 PM Reply

I once laughed my ass off when me and my mate saw a man with no legs or arms in one of those special electric wheelchairs and he said without even trying to hide it look its a fucking nugget! i almost pissed myself laughing and the poor guy looked at me as to say you piece of shit i still feel bad about that now.

BBS Signature
Gamewiz
Gamewiz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Movie Buff
Response to An Immature reaction Feb. 5th, 2010 @ 04:35 PM Reply

At 2/3/10 03:06 PM, mariomusicmaker1 wrote:
COCK, Motherfucker! MOTHERFUCKERCOCKSUCKER!

The post above lol

Sometimes the best solution is, simply, a swift kick in the ass.

BBS Signature
Homfrog
Homfrog
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to An Immature reaction Feb. 5th, 2010 @ 04:37 PM Reply

At 2/3/10 04:03 PM, Newgate wrote: *clears throat* Ever watched the special olympics?

Ever watched the regular olympics?

disablophobe... -_-
coddude321
coddude321
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to An Immature reaction Feb. 5th, 2010 @ 05:05 PM Reply

I hate it when this happenes. I did this yesterday. Someone was giving a speech about how her momj was in the hospital, but it was for kidney stones. They weren't bad but for some reason I couldnt't stop cracking up.

The Originals //::// Drumming //::// KoL //://
Olskool Win

BBS Signature
lil-bunny40
lil-bunny40
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to An Immature reaction Feb. 5th, 2010 @ 05:18 PM Reply

Something like that happened to me earlier today, actually.

I had the worst class ever, which was basically putting condoms onto fake penises(dildos).

Anyway, the teacher from the class nextdoor to us came in and asked to borrow one of the dicks for his class. My teacher took one off the table and threw it over to him, and he took it into his class. I should probably mention that, for some reason, every single one of the plastic cocks was BLUE.

A few minutes later, that teacher came back and said the most immaturely funny thing I've ever heard a teacher say, apart from when my science teacher shouted out that a root hair cell looks like a penis (which it does). "Blue dong, coming your way!" Oh my lord, I couldn't hold my laughter in.

Female and god damn proud.
Also, the thread my sig came from is fucking epic.

BBS Signature