J-qb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Artist
COW #80 Voting 2010-02-01 07:33:08 Reply

Whoop Dee Doo
Voting thread for COW#80: Electrified.

This is where you decide who will win the 80th edition of the ng COWs, and gets to go home with a slightly inflated ego.
Only one vote per user, anyone can vote.

===This weeks sizzling participants===

Altrian
Normally completely docile creatures, these large, jet black ungulates roam the plains under the cover of night, trying their best to remain under the cover of darkness. However, when a predator is nearby, or when they're startled, these creatures send a huge jolt of electricity from the sacs around their throat up through their horns, putting on a light show bright enough to scare away most would-be predators. ..And if that doesn't work, they always have electrified horns to protect themselves with. :D

Hyptosis

Some kind of tree lemur fellah who jumps around shocking prey with it's scythes. Not too creative but at least I hid it's 'bizzness' under some hair.

Kinsei01+Ashman112
another collaboration with kinsei, this time for c.o.w #80 electrified, same as before he did the idea and lineart and i did the colouring

J-qb
The Stormfinch is one of natures truly great marvels. This bird, related to the vampire finch, stores static electricity, which is created when it flies, in lobes located in his legs. It can discharge this electricity through its talons, enabling the bird to kill smaller birds and kill birds up to 5 times its own weight, like the pearled crow in this artists rendition.
The Stormfinch hunts in flocks of 5 or 6 birds. After stunning their prey they feed on its blood. Unlike those of it`s cousin, the vampire finch, the victims of the Stormfinch rarely survive.

Maverick-Alex
A gargantuan aquatic beast. Harnesses and applies lighting given off by storms for a number of survival needs. Hence the name, families of these creatures have been reported to be constantly moving towards areas were storms abound. The lighting is used for mundane uses such as hunting and defense, to more special tasks such as beacons for lost members.

Zhacross
StingShrimp
Dwelling at the bottom of dark waters this cousin to the ever so popular Pandalus borealis searches for worms and small shellfish at night. Its electrical cells reaching from the top of the head along the back supplies the stingshrimp's deadly tentacles with electricity. One touch can kill most small sea creatures leaving them open to feed on. With enough electrical charge this little bugger can even paralyze bigger fish looking for a snack. A deadly weapon and an excellent defense mechanism. On top of that its firefly - like bottom is used to light up the environment when searching for food at night.

DooDooMeaT
Lightning is drawn to this creature making it electrified. Because it is so much taller than anything else in its environment there is no way for it to avoid the lightning during a storm. Unfortunately for these enormous creatures the area they live is known for it lighting storms. The other problem that plagues these creatures are the giant horns or their back act like lighting rods...

TheChomper
In the near future, this deformed beast lives close to radioactive waste storages. It has mutant cells capable of storing static electricity, that can later be released on a deadly lightning bolt, which it uses to slaughter its preys or scare larger predators.

AwesomeSaurus
I call this thing: The Joltren
This beast dwells in areas of high altitude, and uses its metal horn to attract lightning. It can hold the charge of the electricity for a few months at a time in its spinal column, and projects the charge into the form of arms and a tail for movement. In times where there are no storms, this creature is virtually harmless, just a fuzzy lump rolling around on the ground.

----------------------------------------
-------------------

===COW #79 WINNERS!===
[drum roll]
In third place, with four votes, it`s Chuck Norris meets Godzilla, AWESOMESAURUS!
In second place, with seven votes, she functions on all terrains, it`s Altrian!
And Finally, on first place, taking home the grand prize: It`s the guy with the sizzling hips, It`s Hyptosis!

COW #80 Voting

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature
The-Worsley-Bear
The-Worsley-Bear
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Artist
Response to COW #80 Voting 2010-02-01 07:41:31 Reply

The Chomper gets my vote

BBS Signature
bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 52
Voice Actor
Response to COW #80 Voting 2010-02-01 08:50:31 Reply

Send another vote for TheChomper.

Kinsei
Kinsei
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Artist
Response to COW #80 Voting 2010-02-01 10:01:00 Reply

This one is a tough, I liked Q-bles's storm finch
but my vote goes to
Altrian

kk.... I think it is time for bed o.o.......

Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature
Havegum
Havegum
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to COW #80 Voting 2010-02-01 10:09:40 Reply

Q-bles!
My vote goes to you!

BBS Signature
Zyphonee
Zyphonee
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to COW #80 Voting 2010-02-01 10:45:45 Reply

Tight competition, I should start partaking more in these...

I'm gonna vote for Altrian!

austinzombie
austinzombie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to COW #80 Voting 2010-02-01 11:57:23 Reply

Altrian had a great mood and pose and was done in an interesting way. Although it wasn't the most creative of designs I believe Altrian's piece was the best.

Ashman
Ashman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Artist
Response to COW #80 Voting 2010-02-01 12:47:08 Reply

i vote zhacross

altrian
altrian
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to COW #80 Voting 2010-02-01 13:06:30 Reply

I'm gonna vote for DooDooMeaT, I just love that thing.

Dexter3000
Dexter3000
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to COW #80 Voting 2010-02-01 13:39:40 Reply

Hmm...I think I'll vote for TheChomper.

DooDooMeaT
DooDooMeaT
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to COW #80 Voting 2010-02-01 16:28:13 Reply

At 2/1/10 01:06 PM, altrian wrote: I'm gonna vote for DooDooMeaT, I just love that thing.

Thank god I got a vote I was going to start crying :)

I vote Altrian

Like me on the FaceBook :D

Luxembourg
Luxembourg
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to COW #80 Voting 2010-02-01 16:39:36 Reply

At 2/1/10 04:28 PM, DooDooMeaT wrote:
At 2/1/10 01:06 PM, altrian wrote: I'm gonna vote for DooDooMeaT, I just love that thing.
Thank god I got a vote I was going to start crying :)

I vote Altrian

Cry no more, I vote DooDooMeat.

My Art Thread.
Eeureka! With an exclamation point!

BBS Signature
Balazeal
Balazeal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Melancholy
Response to COW #80 Voting 2010-02-01 17:43:42 Reply

I thought that DooDooMeaT's was adorable, but my vote goes to TheChomper.

Wivernryder
Wivernryder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Art Lover
Response to COW #80 Voting 2010-02-01 20:03:02 Reply

For some reason, I really like AwesomeSaurus's.

BBS Signature
LegolaSS
LegolaSS
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 54
Artist
Response to COW #80 Voting 2010-02-01 20:41:33 Reply

Bloody hard choice this time round... some strong enterys... im going for DooDooMeaT

BBS Signature
de-cider
de-cider
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to COW #80 Voting 2010-02-01 20:50:39 Reply

Gonna have to go for altrian.

Hyptosis would have gotten my vote had he not ruined the balance of his piece by hiding the bidness.

ELECTROLEMURSCYTHER GENETALIA IMPROVES ALL SITUATIONS.