Be a Supporter!

Art Collaboration Thread

  • 30,706 Views
  • 479 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 52
Voice Actor
Response to Art Collaboration Thread Feb. 2nd, 2010 @ 02:45 PM Reply

At 2/2/10 02:41 PM, altrian wrote: Dirty in what way? Too dark? Orange too brownish in spots? :o Too many manly, rippling muscles?

Almost makes me feel inadequate, what his his volcano powers and all.

IDuDe
IDuDe
  • Member since: Oct. 26, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to Art Collaboration Thread Feb. 2nd, 2010 @ 03:57 PM Reply

At 2/2/10 02:41 PM, altrian wrote:
At 2/2/10 02:20 PM, IDuDe wrote: It looks great, but for some reason it seems a bit.... Dirty?
(I have no idea why)
Dirty in what way? Too dark? Orange too brownish in spots? :o Too many manly, rippling muscles?

As I said, I have absolutely no idea why...


Only Apples Have The Right To be Red
MY DEVIANTART GALLERY

Felis
Felis
  • Member since: Dec. 11, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Artist
Response to Art Collaboration Thread Feb. 2nd, 2010 @ 04:14 PM Reply

At 2/2/10 10:25 AM, havegum wrote: By now, some of you may have figured that I'm aiming to color every single linework in this thread, and so I am!

Oh really?

Actually, that would make me feel better. I feel so mediocre knowing that nobody has even commented on why my lineart is so uninteresting.

I have nothing to say that is at all relevant.

BBS Signature
Daverom
Daverom
  • Member since: Mar. 11, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Melancholy
Response to Art Collaboration Thread Feb. 2nd, 2010 @ 04:31 PM Reply

Color a badass anyone?

Art Collaboration Thread

Ashman
Ashman
  • Member since: May. 12, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Artist
Response to Art Collaboration Thread Feb. 2nd, 2010 @ 04:34 PM Reply

At 2/2/10 04:31 PM, M-Vero wrote: Color a badass anyone?

you are a legend for putting that up here, but one thing, psd?

people keep forgetting
Kinsei
Kinsei
  • Member since: Sep. 9, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 41
Artist
Response to Art Collaboration Thread Feb. 2nd, 2010 @ 04:57 PM Reply

At 2/2/10 04:31 PM, M-Vero wrote: Color a badass anyone?

what is sad, with out the eye scar, he actually looks like some one I know.... o.0....

>.>..might color this later

BTW I think we could work around the lack of a PSD with a Multiply layer setting in Photoshop


Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature
Daverom
Daverom
  • Member since: Mar. 11, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Melancholy
Response to Art Collaboration Thread Feb. 2nd, 2010 @ 05:11 PM Reply

At 2/2/10 04:31 PM, M-Vero wrote: Color a badass anyone?

it dun look't but it's tran'paren' when ya downloa' that ther' file.

Ashman
Ashman
  • Member since: May. 12, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Artist
Response to Art Collaboration Thread Feb. 2nd, 2010 @ 05:20 PM Reply

At 2/2/10 04:57 PM, Kinsei01 wrote: BTW I think we could work around the lack of a PSD with a Multiply layer setting in Photoshop

what is this "we" you speak of haha

joking

yeah i guess that could work, thats just copying the colour onto a new layer right?

Kinsei
Kinsei
  • Member since: Sep. 9, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 41
Artist
Response to Art Collaboration Thread Feb. 2nd, 2010 @ 05:25 PM Reply

At 2/2/10 05:20 PM, ashman112 wrote:
At 2/2/10 04:57 PM, Kinsei01 wrote: BTW I think we could work around the lack of a PSD with a Multiply layer setting in Photoshop
what is this "we" you speak of haha
joking
yeah i guess that could work, thats just copying the colour onto a new layer right?

well, as a simple explanation, it makes a layer some what transparent, mostly white. down side is there is some color distortion sometimes. But for the most part, it works well with just black and white images.
I use it all the time when painting materials for my models.


Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature
ImaFreekozoid
ImaFreekozoid
  • Member since: May. 2, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Artist
Response to Art Collaboration Thread Feb. 2nd, 2010 @ 05:46 PM Reply

At 2/2/10 05:25 PM, Kinsei01 wrote:
At 2/2/10 05:20 PM, ashman112 wrote:
At 2/2/10 04:57 PM, Kinsei01 wrote: BTW I think we could work around the lack of a PSD with a Multiply layer setting in Photoshop
what is this "we" you speak of haha
joking
yeah i guess that could work, thats just copying the colour onto a new layer right?
well, as a simple explanation, it makes a layer some what transparent, mostly white. down side is there is some color distortion sometimes. But for the most part, it works well with just black and white images.
I use it all the time when painting materials for my models.

With photoshop, you can take a jpeg of lineart and go to "Edit"->"Define Brush" and make the lineart into a brush. Then you simply make a transparent layer, select the new brush you made and set it to opacity 100% and stamp the lineart down. Voila! Now color on layers you make below it and no need for a 'multiply' layer.

Havegum
Havegum
  • Member since: Oct. 20, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to Art Collaboration Thread Feb. 2nd, 2010 @ 05:56 PM Reply

Or add a new layer on top of it, select "darken" and color away!


BBS Signature
Daverom
Daverom
  • Member since: Mar. 11, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Melancholy
Response to Art Collaboration Thread Feb. 2nd, 2010 @ 06:02 PM Reply

There are plenty of ways to do it, some easier to work with than others.
There is no one way to do anything

jeeshwa123
jeeshwa123
  • Member since: Dec. 12, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Art Collaboration Thread Feb. 2nd, 2010 @ 11:11 PM Reply

There we go :D
Hand colored. I hate computers X( (which begs the question, why am I on here? lol.)
Someone post more linework! I feel like a copycat!

Art Collaboration Thread


..

Kinsei
Kinsei
  • Member since: Sep. 9, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 41
Artist
Response to Art Collaboration Thread Feb. 3rd, 2010 @ 05:20 AM Reply

At 2/2/10 06:02 PM, M-Vero wrote: There are plenty of ways to do it, some easier to work with than others.
There is no one way to do anything

One thing I do have to admit, with photoshop and many other applications by Adobe, there are tons of ways to to the same thing. Some easier than others, but basically all "roads lead to Rome?"
:P
I guess it kind of depends on what way you think is easiest. or what you learn first....


Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature
Havegum
Havegum
  • Member since: Oct. 20, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to Art Collaboration Thread Feb. 4th, 2010 @ 10:50 AM Reply

This could be interesting!

Art Collaboration Thread


BBS Signature
IDuDe
IDuDe
  • Member since: Oct. 26, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to Art Collaboration Thread Feb. 6th, 2010 @ 09:16 AM Reply

BUMP

I started working on a new out line, I think you'll like it :3

Only Apples Have The Right To be Red
MY DEVIANTART GALLERY

Ashman
Ashman
  • Member since: May. 12, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Artist
Response to Art Collaboration Thread Feb. 6th, 2010 @ 11:18 AM Reply

bleh, i colourised the lineart for effect

Art Collaboration Thread

Havegum
Havegum
  • Member since: Oct. 20, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to Art Collaboration Thread Feb. 6th, 2010 @ 11:26 AM Reply

At 2/6/10 11:18 AM, ashman112 wrote: bleh, i colourised the lineart for effect

Sweet!
The perhaps the outline should be in a bit more contrast to the colors?

Or not, it looks pretty cool anyways!

Thanks for coloring :D


BBS Signature
Ashman
Ashman
  • Member since: May. 12, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Artist
Response to Art Collaboration Thread Feb. 6th, 2010 @ 11:28 AM Reply

At 2/6/10 11:26 AM, havegum wrote:
At 2/6/10 11:18 AM, ashman112 wrote: bleh, i colourised the lineart for effect
Sweet!
The perhaps the outline should be in a bit more contrast to the colors?
Or not, it looks pretty cool anyways!
Thanks for coloring :D

my excuse: it was a quickey :3 like 10 minutes

jeeshwa123
jeeshwa123
  • Member since: Dec. 12, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Art Collaboration Thread Feb. 6th, 2010 @ 01:32 PM Reply

At 2/2/10 04:31 PM, M-Vero wrote: Color a badass anyone?

I am in the proccess of coloring this :D


..

Ashman
Ashman
  • Member since: May. 12, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Artist
Response to Art Collaboration Thread Feb. 6th, 2010 @ 01:44 PM Reply

At 2/6/10 01:32 PM, jeeshwa123 wrote:
At 2/2/10 04:31 PM, M-Vero wrote: Color a badass anyone?
I am in the proccess of coloring this :D

looking forward to it :3

jeeshwa123
jeeshwa123
  • Member since: Dec. 12, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Art Collaboration Thread Feb. 6th, 2010 @ 02:57 PM Reply

It says that the file is too big to upload, so would it be breaking the rules to give you a link?


..

Ashman
Ashman
  • Member since: May. 12, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Artist
Response to Art Collaboration Thread Feb. 6th, 2010 @ 03:00 PM Reply

At 2/6/10 02:57 PM, jeeshwa123 wrote: It says that the file is too big to upload, so would it be breaking the rules to give you a link?

yeah works fine, but coulda tried resizing it, looks good though

jeeshwa123
jeeshwa123
  • Member since: Dec. 12, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Art Collaboration Thread Feb. 6th, 2010 @ 03:05 PM Reply

At 2/6/10 03:00 PM, ashman112 wrote:
At 2/6/10 02:57 PM, jeeshwa123 wrote: It says that the file is too big to upload, so would it be breaking the rules to give you a link?
yeah works fine, but coulda tried resizing it, looks good though

when I resized it it was still too big, and beyond where I had it resized, it woulda looked just plain crappy. lol. thanks though :D


..

jeeshwa123
jeeshwa123
  • Member since: Dec. 12, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Art Collaboration Thread Feb. 6th, 2010 @ 03:17 PM Reply

k sorry for double post

isn't a PSD a "photoshop document?"
does that mean I need PS to submit lineart? .__.
cus I have Adobe photoshop elements 8 burried somewhere, but I'm not going to download it unless I have to.


..

Havegum
Havegum
  • Member since: Oct. 20, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to Art Collaboration Thread Feb. 6th, 2010 @ 03:42 PM Reply

At 2/6/10 03:17 PM, jeeshwa123 wrote: k sorry for double post

isn't a PSD a "photoshop document?"
does that mean I need PS to submit lineart? .__.
cus I have Adobe photoshop elements 8 burried somewhere, but I'm not going to download it unless I have to.

Gimp can save as .psd


BBS Signature
Ashman
Ashman
  • Member since: May. 12, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Artist
Response to Art Collaboration Thread Feb. 6th, 2010 @ 03:47 PM Reply

At 2/6/10 03:17 PM, jeeshwa123 wrote: k sorry for double post

isn't a PSD a "photoshop document?"
does that mean I need PS to submit lineart? .__.
cus I have Adobe photoshop elements 8 burried somewhere, but I'm not going to download it unless I have to.

no forget that, psd if you can, gif with transparent background, or we can do those tricks we was talking about on the last page to get the lineart, just post what you can

jeeshwa123
jeeshwa123
  • Member since: Dec. 12, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Art Collaboration Thread Feb. 6th, 2010 @ 03:55 PM Reply

ok soooo.....
I upload pic
I change the layer from "background" to "multiply"
then I make a new layer and color it white.

is this correct?
I'm really bad with this photoshop crap. lol.

and as far as the "GIF" thing goes, how do I do that?


..

Ashman
Ashman
  • Member since: May. 12, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Artist
Response to Art Collaboration Thread Feb. 6th, 2010 @ 03:58 PM Reply

At 2/6/10 03:55 PM, jeeshwa123 wrote: ok soooo.....
I upload pic
I change the layer from "background" to "multiply"
then I make a new layer and color it white.

is this correct?
I'm really bad with this photoshop crap. lol.

and as far as the "GIF" thing goes, how do I do that?

no just post the normal jpeg, well do the rest

SirBeretofClock
SirBeretofClock
  • Member since: Aug. 18, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Art Collaboration Thread Feb. 6th, 2010 @ 05:31 PM Reply

Making line-art specifically for this.


Hello