00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Neptuno84 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

beginnings of a story

656 Views | 1 Reply
New Topic Respond to this Topic

beginnings of a story 2010-01-28 13:07:40

hooray, a writing portal, now i can post a small portion of my story!... yes, a small, as the story is going too be HUGE when i'm done with it (i hope), this is the opening of my story, because i know that it would look huge with this portion alone on the forum

Some would call me a liar, others a cheat or a crackpot. Then there is the occasional freak of nature, I never get tired of that one. Walking down the street, people look and gawk at me. What am I to them? Some demon from the darkness of hell? A genetic experiment gone wrong? Better yet, my favorite: a visitor from the stars come down to cause havoc. Honestly the first holds true; I am a demon. Now, you may wonder why a demon would be walking casually in the midst of humans instead of doing what others would do, killing and slaughtering. To put it simply, I'm different than my own kind. I look at humans with curiosity. How do they think? What do they do to pass the time, from glorious birth to inevitable death, when the souls are judged and decided if they go to heaven or hell. The reason they are not scared off is because angels and demons have a natural 'cloak' about them; humans see us as humans. My life is that of misunderstandings. Angels hate me for who I am. Humans fear me due to my appearance (when it's revealed), and the demons loath me for my odd nature.

As I continue my stroll down the street, I notice something bizarre. A group of humans with guns, dressed in ragged clothing with a picture of an eagle on the back of their jackets. I chuckled; more souls are going to be judged this day. Then I saw something that really stood out. Are those angel's wings on one of the gang members? I turned and looked at my own wings, black as coal with an ember-like pattern, glowing a dark red. The gang brought out military grade weapons from seemingly nowhere. That proved that this angel was authentic, as humans lost the gift of sorcery eons ago. They walked up to a bank, with big golden letters saying 'World Bank of Earth'. This bank, as the name depicts, handles money the world over, and they also had the highest form of security. Normally I would sit back and watch the bloodshed, as with my nature, but with an angel in tow to commit a crime, I knew I had to do something.

The leader pulled out an RPG -rocket propelled grenade- and shot the door. The alarm rang viciously as the two doors, and numerous poor victims, went flying. I let out a light laugh, watching the people die. Then I feel an odd sensation, something completely alien to me since my creation in the fires of hell. What was it, guilt? I didn't have enough time to think as I saw a rocket come flying in my direction. I grabbed the rocket by the tail, taking great care not to touch the front, which would set off the explosion, and end my life. Demons can die, too, except there is nothing after that. Same with angels. I quickly redirect the rocket, sending it flying upwards into the sky. The angelic being looks at me with great hate, as if I was the one committing the crime. I prepared myself for a fight, discarding my clothing. My skin was black, and once the human clothing was removed; my body ignited into roaring flame. Unlike the other demons, mine was a dark blue instead of flame red. My wings expanded to their full length and my claws extended. My eyes glowing a sinister red as I stared down my opponent. People ran off, since lighting my flame reveals who I truly am. Sirens sounded in the background, great a three way fight. Police showed, coming out of their cars, drawing handguns and shotguns. The angel, strangely, laughed viciously at the police, and shot at them. An angel killing those who try to uphold the law? What in the world was going on here?

Knowing I am his next target, I rush the angel as the officers and gang members start a firefight. My claws flash down as the angel moves deftly aside, and then counters with a punch to my face. Regaining my composure, I spot him summoning his sword. Just my luck. I kept forgetting angels wield swords when pitted against a demon. All I had are my claws. Bullets fly around as the humans battle. The angel took flight, circling me. He was trying to make me lose my concentration and give me a fatal blow. He forgot every demon, like every angel, has one unique power. Tapping into my power, I am able to read his body movements. I excell in melee combat, mostly due to my gift. The angel dives towards me, sword ready to impale. Reacting quickly, I step aside. He lands hard in front of me on the cement. I grab him from behind, holding him steadfast. He struggled to try and break my grip on him. I laugh, my hand over his heart, ready to tare it out when I get shot in the back myself. With the opportunity, he escapes my grasp and flies away as the human officers surround me. With guns drawn and ready to fire, what choice did I have? From appearance alone, they were immediately assuming I was responsible. They put me in hand cuffs and put me into a police cruiser. As I look out the window, I see the angel smiling at me, what in the world would cause an angel to destroy and cause chaos?

Response to beginnings of a story 2010-01-28 13:08:56

At 1/28/10 01:07 PM, MoonlightSoldier wrote:

:a writing portal

shush, writing forums, same thing i can post my story and story ideas, lol