00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ryor just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Prose of a Nonsensical Madman.

643 Views | 3 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

It was a Tuesday evening and had gone just swell, the air tasted a bit crisp with a hint of stale but that was alright. In the suburb was a hub of activity that absolutely reeked of tension and energy; I simply had to see what was going on. In the center of the large crowd of people was a band of punk rockers playing their instruments quite poorly, showing off their cuts and pathetic garbs they called clothes in which had holes in them and shitty logos no one really cares about.

Something had to be done. But what? I thought to myself quickly that this abomination was a disgrace to all things metal (as punk generally is) and it just can't be excepted. So I ran up to the lead guitarist and took his guitar away; this as you can imagine caused quite a stir amongst the crowd.

I smashed that mother fucker in the face until it stopped being funny, and it didn't for quite some time. When the security guards tried to beat me with their nightsticks, I caught them and twisted in a circular motion which effectively disarmed them. I then adjusted to use them as tonfas and ripped the face off of the nearest guard with a single downward stroke.

I left the first one on the ground screaming for his mother and forward rolled over him. I speared the next guard in the gut with both tonfas, and followed up with a quick disembowelment. The blood gushed onto the face of a nearby girl and caused the crowd to disorganize in a chaotic fashion.... But I wasn't nearby done.

I sailed through the air and came crashing down upon the drummer that can only cause a continuous stream of incoherent noise. While doing so I took up a cymbal and threw it at him, I thought it would slice his neck off but this only caused him to suffocate. Pity. By now the singer and bassist split up, so I decided to go for the bassist because everyone knows that his life must suck the most, as even in good music the bassist goes unheard and only prevents the rhythm guitar from sounding craptacular.

He didn't get far before I managed to strangle him with his own bass strings. True they were thicker, but this caused his blood to ooze out like the blood from his cuts. While he was still living I decided to lick the blood from his neck and then I licked his eyeballs. The gurgling noises he made were so cute! I could write about them all day... but I digress.

Now the hunt is on for that vocalist, I will find him and I will make him pay for his emo bullshit, on this I swear.

Derp.

Response to The Prose of a Nonsensical Madman. 2010-01-28 10:49:14

Cute.
I truly don't think that you should use obscenities in this.... story? It's so catchy I think I can count it as a poem.
It can be so delightfully cute if you could have not used profanities. Instead, try to avoid them but in a n obvious manner, and then you can sense the irony - He just dismembered a security guard, but he refrains from saying the word "shit".
Overall I liked your short story. It didn't need any background because it will only compromise the simple motive - the man hates punk.
I loved the use of adjectives when you described the demise of the band members. Carry on, and try to focus at bit on irony. Good Luck.

Response to The Prose of a Nonsensical Madman. 2010-01-29 10:12:02

Thank you very much for your review. I really wrote this in five minutes and the title is just a fancy way of saying, "my quick write." I was indeed aiming for an ironic overtone but I couldn't resist making him a bit bipolar. If you look at it more closely, you will see grammatical errors and the such, but I didn't edit it. Thank you again!

Derp.

Response to The Prose of a Nonsensical Madman. 2010-01-29 10:33:11

I really hate whoring my works out to the public, but would you mind giving my piece a read?