00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Moarph 2010-01-27 23:47:49

This is a repost of the collab that can be found in the Flash Forum here.
The co-authors are all full, but peopel are still free to join. You will have until Sunday (Jan. 31st) to get back to me and let me know if you would like to participate. If no one does, then the collab is closed then. It's coming along great and is looking really cool so far, definetly Screen Saver worth. If you would like to check out some of the people's current aniamtion, please go visit the Original Thread (link above).

Here is an update on the info for the collab.
(READ THE WHOLE THING AND WATCH THE YOUTUBE VIDEO)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uASvYhmvP 8Q (this will explain one way to do this project)
What's the idea?
If you go here and highlight the motions tab or here, you can see examples of what we are doing. It will look really cool if we get enough people to do it correctly. You basically pick a character, thing or whatever and animate it morphing in and out of itself(I will explain how to do this below). Your creativity is what will make this project look Great! or just ok.

Rules
- Post here if you want to participate
- Anyone can join! However, I will be strict on what I am sent. If you send me complete crap I will send it back and tell you. If it just needs tweaking I will definitely try to help people out and tell them what to do.
- Keep it clean, please no penis' and crap like that
- You are to do 2 versions of your piece. One in Black and white (outlines), the other in ONE color (like how my example is using different shades of green). If you want you can just make the colored one grayscale.

Specs
- No background
- 24 FPS
- AS2 (you shouldn't have any coding in there anyway, but just don't send me AS3 based files)
- No sound

Due Date
-This Sunday, unless more people show interest.

Extra info:
-Co Authors are full, but everyone will be in the Credits page with a link to their NG page
-Use the dumping grounds, spam the web or whatever you want to display swfs
-Send the FLA to me using the dumpingground
-HAVE FUN!

O yeah, try to be cretive too, It's MOARphin' Tyme!

BBS Signature

Response to Moarph 2010-01-28 04:26:15

will i be co authored ? :P

GAME JAM 7

Response to Moarph 2010-01-28 07:34:12

theboogley is in this too right?

Response to Moarph 2010-01-28 11:27:24

At 1/28/10 04:26 AM, Icandraw wrote: will i be co authored ? :P

This is the 3rd time i've said yes, do you read the posts? Read the old one, i posted a list of the co authors

At 1/28/10 07:34 AM, scottwjsm wrote: theboogley is in this too right?

Yes, he submited 2 animations and might be doing another if we get lucky enough.

BBS Signature

Response to Moarph 2010-01-28 11:50:26

I dunno about the name... I've PM'd you a couple of other ideas.

Also, I'm working on doing the menu and making all the transitions all nice and morph-ey. I'll send you the .FLA when I'm done.

Response to Moarph 2010-01-28 12:09:34

At 1/28/10 11:50 AM, S4cr3d-Cr4p wrote: I dunno about the name... I've PM'd you a couple of other ideas.

Also, I'm working on doing the menu and making all the transitions all nice and morph-ey. I'll send you the .FLA when I'm done.

alright cool

BBS Signature

Response to Moarph 2010-01-28 12:28:51

i may try to make another one before sunday ( i already got something started) but ive got tests on friday and monday so it probably wont get finished in time. just out of curioisity whos the 9th co-author because you only posted 8 and then your next post said it was full. is it me lol?

Response to Moarph 2010-01-28 14:29:09

At 1/28/10 12:28 PM, abbamysta wrote: i may try to make another one before sunday ( i already got something started) but ive got tests on friday and monday so it probably wont get finished in time. just out of curioisity whos the 9th co-author because you only posted 8 and then your next post said it was full. is it me lol?

haha i said its full here so ppl dont ask. It was open when i wrote that, but people were asking about it so i put the list together. It will most likely be scott, if he gets his animations in to me. If not then I was going to just choose one of you guys since you all had one animation. Most likely whoever was there first, i think it might have been you.

BBS Signature

Response to Moarph 2010-01-29 04:22:00

HEY! You guys moved, I like these new digs! soooo... I think I'll bash a new one out soon. :D

The Throwback Collab, get on it!

BBS Signature

Response to Moarph 2010-01-29 17:55:49

Here's a my coloured version.

Do you like? Anything to improve?

Response to Moarph 2010-01-29 18:37:13

At 1/29/10 05:55 PM, S4cr3d-Cr4p wrote: Do you like? Anything to improve?

I love it, it's as perfect as a newborn baby :)

I made up a new one in the middle of the night last night, but I think in my sleepy state I've gone too far off track as far as it being able to relate to the rest of the pieces... It's more character animation than a morph...
http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/8576 1802a2f85d614e1143b43d6047b4
I'm enjoying making it anyway, and I'll use it for something else maybe...

BBS Signature

Response to Moarph 2010-01-30 05:42:20

haha .. thats kinda funny

can i just ask when this will be posted on ng as a finished collab .. i know the deadline for pieces is 31st but when are you intending to upload it

i was guessing aroung the 2nd 3rd of feb ?

Response to Moarph 2010-01-30 13:05:37

At 1/29/10 05:55 PM, S4cr3d-Cr4p wrote: Here's a my coloured version.

Do you like? Anything to improve?

Looks perfect, but one thing, it looks like you use 2 or 3 colors. Make sure it's only one color anddifferent shades of it.

At 1/29/10 06:37 PM, TheBoogley wrote: I made up a new one in the middle of the night last night, but I think in my sleepy state I've gone too far off track as far as it being able to relate to the rest of the pieces... It's more character animation than a morph...
http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/8576 1802a2f85d614e1143b43d6047b4
I'm enjoying making it anyway, and I'll use it for something else maybe...

haha awesome! It reminds me of one of my first ideas. Making a bomb that blows up as it's exit animation. Maybe you can have that character be the image holding the bomb, then the out animation is the bomb blowing up? Something like that?

At 1/30/10 05:42 AM, abbamysta wrote: can i just ask when this will be posted on ng as a finished collab .. i know the deadline for pieces is 31st but when are you intending to upload it

i was guessing aroung the 2nd 3rd of feb ?

Yeah, Figure it'll give me about a week to organize alll of them in a nice way.

BBS Signature

Response to Moarph 2010-01-30 14:25:56

Sorry I hadn't started yet. When you extended the deadline, I had an excuse to just sleep a lot... I'm healthy now and my only excuse would be laziness...

Anyways, I've started but just wanted to check the frame limit.

Is it still 60 frames max.?

Response to Moarph 2010-01-30 15:22:31

yeah i think so .. but most peoples only look to be about 40-50

Response to Moarph 2010-01-30 16:38:39

I am half-done.

Please let me know what you think so far.

http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/ec43 3f08589e43c5a60a3aeaa8dc9a27

Response to Moarph 2010-01-30 17:22:49

Wow...the new forum system is still messing with me. I'll get you the b/w redo we talked about tomorrow. :)

BBS Signature

Response to Moarph 2010-01-30 18:05:36

At 1/30/10 04:38 PM, Bezman wrote: Please let me know what you think so far.

I really like it, there is so much going on... which is both good and bad.
good, because you want to watch it repeatedly to see all the individual pieces change...
and bad, because it's not as clear as it could be on the first viewing...
One other thing to consider is easing in and out of the movements to make them more clear, adding more frames at the start and end of the movement makes it look more natural and makes it easier for the audience to follow.
As I said love it, especially the jaw thing in the closing, I'm just making suggestions because I want the attention :3

BBS Signature

Response to Moarph 2010-01-30 19:03:20

Damnit I didn't realise about the single colour thing. I'll change that in a bit. I've been working on the menu.

Here is what I've got so far. Bear in mind that most of the graphics are just placeholders. I'm a bit of a noob coder, but I've made it flexible, because obviously I don't know which specific frames you are going to put the different sections of the movie on, so I've used labels. Anyway, tell me what you think!

Click!

Response to Moarph 2010-01-30 19:23:20

At 1/30/10 06:05 PM, TheBoogley wrote:
At 1/30/10 04:38 PM, Bezman wrote: Please let me know what you think so far.
I really like it, there is so much going on... which is both good and bad.
good, because you want to watch it repeatedly to see all the individual pieces change...
and bad, because it's not as clear as it could be on the first viewing...
One other thing to consider is easing in and out of the movements to make them more clear, adding more frames at the start and end of the movement makes it look more natural and makes it easier for the audience to follow.
As I said love it, especially the jaw thing in the closing, I'm just making suggestions because I want the attention :3

They are very appreciated! Just being a part of the Morphgasm taught me a lotand it's clear you've got some great advice to pass on.

I don't think I can add many more frames for easing in/out since as is, it's exactly 59 frames. I think I'll use the last frame for easing into the 2nd half so the face lingers, maybe even speed up the end so I can ease into the mouth opening slowly.

When would you suggest adding in-betweens?

I think you're right though - for this collab which is gonna presumably have multiple things going on at once, I think I should have gone with a simpler idea to make it clearly read. Maybe I'm overcompensating for lack of technical ability or something...

Response to Moarph 2010-01-30 23:01:49

I've finished the colour version. Added scribbly shading.
http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/6069 0ed96acd81a940a28ac72375604e

I'll do the b&w one today. What colour bg will the b&w morphs be in front of?

I'd also like to do another one - maybe a lion or something. But I promised JPI some sprites and realistically may not be able to do both.

I wish there were more morph collabs. That was really fun.

Response to Moarph 2010-01-31 01:27:37

Made a new one too, tell me what you think.

Swf: http://spamtheweb.com/ul/upload/310110/5 789_RainTest.php

Fla: http://www.mediafire.com/?n2zdijgiymm

If I have time I have an idea for a third.

Response to Moarph 2010-01-31 04:13:23

S4cr3d-Cr4p, it looks great, the transitions are nice. I can't wait to see it with the menus filled! :D

Bezman, that final looks fantastic, I think the spiral kind of takes charge anyway when you're glancing at it so it's not so overwhelming that so much is going on, and the arc on the jaw coming round looks fantastic.

LostPencil, it's really simple and plain, which works well for the lines moving through but the cloud coming in looks a little boring. It would look better if there was some drag on the clouds to give the sense of movement as they come in, then it fluffs out when it stops.

BBS Signature

Response to Moarph 2010-01-31 06:10:29

I've just made two more parts, I'm not going to change the other one, I'll just use it in something else. These two should be okay though, the square duck is over the limit, about 76 frames, I can cut it back if you really want me to... but I feel it needed the inbetweens to work.

disqualified exploding kitty
http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/880b b7dea1629cb511eb3b77aecd6738

morphs three and four
http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/225c 55e98e5de71e26fe21843c9c6c06

what?

BBS Signature

Response to Moarph 2010-01-31 06:38:35

God damn that is one beautiful duck. You continue to blow me away. Nice work!

Response to Moarph 2010-01-31 09:36:33

Do you want me to add extra frames for it to expand and go back to it's normal size or should I make it with the same transition as the end? (Sorry.)

Response to Moarph 2010-01-31 10:08:12

today's the deadline, can you make it tomorrow instead

Response to Moarph 2010-01-31 11:26:19

Ok, a little update on the menu. I added a few bits of better graphics, made the circles a bit more interesting and hid the menu. Oh, and I've put in the placeholder text for the options.

Click

Tell me what you think!

Response to Moarph 2010-01-31 11:33:17

At 1/31/10 11:26 AM, S4cr3d-Cr4p wrote: Ok, a little update on the menu. I added a few bits of better graphics, made the circles a bit more interesting and hid the menu. Oh, and I've put in the placeholder text for the options.

Click

Tell me what you think!

cool

Response to Moarph 2010-01-31 11:58:31

At 1/30/10 02:25 PM, Bezman wrote: Sorry I hadn't started yet. When you extended the deadline, I had an excuse to just sleep a lot... I'm healthy now and my only excuse would be laziness...

Anyways, I've started but just wanted to check the frame limit.

Is it still 60 frames max.?

Yes try to keep it under 60

At 1/30/10 11:01 PM, Bezman wrote: I've finished the colour version. Added scribbly shading.
http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/6069 0ed96acd81a940a28ac72375604e

Great job. I was commenting on the first one you posted, but this came out really well. I had afeeling when you colored teh whole thing it would become easier to see. If you did nwat to add frames, I would remove a couple inbetweens in the beginning and end to allow space in the middle. It works tho, I want to keep watching it over and over haha. Don't worry, there will be a few ways to view this, one will aloow people to watch one multiple times. BnW will be on white background. I was thinking of doing a few diff color choices, but I don't want to make the viewer have to click hundreds of diff options. Maybe If people really would like to see diff bgs, then we could try a 2nd one sometime in the future and add more options.

At 1/30/10 07:03 PM, S4cr3d-Cr4p wrote: Damnit I didn't realise about the single colour thing. I'll change that in a bit. I've been working on the menu.

Here is what I've got so far. Bear in mind that most of the graphics are just placeholders. I'm a bit of a noob coder, but I've made it flexible, because obviously I don't know which specific frames you are going to put the different sections of the movie on, so I've used labels. Anyway, tell me what you think!

Click!

If your having trouble coding let me know, I can get things working. Yes you've got the idea of what i meant. I'm guessing your going to go back and draw in the circles frame by frame to replace the tweens?Just make sure that when any of them disapear they shrink into nothing instead of flying off page, it'll stay consistant with the way you made the loader and play button. I am not working on much right now so if you need help you can send me the file and I can work on it if you want to do another animation.

At 1/31/10 01:27 AM, LostPencil wrote: Made a new one too, tell me what you think.

Swf: http://spamtheweb.com/ul/upload/310110/5 789_RainTest.php

Fla: http://www.mediafire.com/?n2zdijgiymm

If I have time I have an idea for a third.

Looks good, but needs a little umph. I would say try to add a little bit of a bounce/follow through on those clouds and ease those rain drops. Instead of having the rain move at the same speed the whole time, have it come in fast, slow down towards the middle and speed up as it leaves. And make the clouds move a little bit when they come in, they look a little boring just sitting there while the rain moves. It's agood idea, just make those 2 tweaks and it will look a lot better and fit in better.

At 1/31/10 06:10 AM, TheBoogley wrote: I've just made two more parts, I'm not going to change the other one, I'll just use it in something else. These two should be okay though, the square duck is over the limit, about 76 frames, I can cut it back if you really want me to... but I feel it needed the inbetweens to work.

disqualified exploding kitty
http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/880b b7dea1629cb511eb3b77aecd6738

morphs three and four
http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/225c 55e98e5de71e26fe21843c9c6c06

what?

Haha transforming duck. Yeah 76 is fine cuz your keeping it smooth. I dont want people to go over board making like a minute long transition if i remove frame limits lol. So you're not goign to blow anything up? If not maybe I'll do one that blows up. Great Job!

At 1/31/10 10:08 AM, scottwjsm wrote: today's the deadline, can you make it tomorrow instead

If you are working on it then yes. As long as people are working on animations, I will give them more time. I know you're working on 2 or 3 right?

At 1/31/10 11:26 AM, S4cr3d-Cr4p wrote: Ok, a little update on the menu. I added a few bits of better graphics, made the circles a bit more interesting and hid the menu. Oh, and I've put in the placeholder text for the options.

Click

Tell me what you think!

Looks a lot better now. I would say make sure there is a Menu btn at the credits page. The circles look great. Maybe add a little more animation when the circles split, kind of like an ameoba splitting it self, you see the left over trail of goo right before it completely splits. It's looking great. just so you know, I may alter some of the positions when you send me the fla. Nothign big tho, just any little touchups that i may notice last minute.

BBS Signature