00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

AllHailInsomnia just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Griffin Rangers: Finished Product

774 Views | 12 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Griffin Rangers: Finished Product 2010-01-27 19:57:40

Hey guys,

Now I know most of you didn't care for my bland single character drawings, but I've added a considerable amount to this piece, such as modifying the characters positions a little. Let
me know what you all think!

Griffin Rangers: Finished Product

Response to Griffin Rangers: Finished Product 2010-01-27 19:59:01

even though you have a entire cast here, aren't you still bothered by the tracing factor?

Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature

Response to Griffin Rangers: Finished Product 2010-01-27 20:01:44

I didn't trace the rest of them line-for-line, i changed some things this time(i.e. arm changes etc), plus the helmets are still freehand.

Response to Griffin Rangers: Finished Product 2010-01-27 20:16:33

At 1/27/10 08:01 PM, GreenRangerStew wrote: I didn't trace the rest of them line-for-line, i changed some things this time(i.e. arm changes etc), plus the helmets are still freehand.

fair enough...
so what program did you use to tra... apply the costumes in?

BBS Signature

Response to Griffin Rangers: Finished Product 2010-01-27 20:22:02

lol so funny...ANYWAY, I used Flash to created everything then added the background and color gradients in Photoshop.

Response to Griffin Rangers: Finished Product 2010-01-27 20:26:43

At 1/27/10 08:22 PM, GreenRangerStew wrote: lol so funny...ANYWAY, I used Flash to created everything then added the background and color gradients in Photoshop.

I know, it was a cruel joke, but I couldn't resist..
the reason I ask, is I was looking at the art on your page, and I realized the Stewie head is pixilated more than the rest of the body. although I know why, I was just going to suggest that you do the Stewie head as well

BBS Signature

Response to Griffin Rangers: Finished Product 2010-01-27 20:30:01

I suppose i could have, maybe I'll draw his head and re-submit that pic along with the Peter pic as well.

Response to Griffin Rangers: Finished Product 2010-01-27 20:31:19

At 1/27/10 08:30 PM, GreenRangerStew wrote: I suppose i could have, maybe I'll draw his head and re-submit that pic along with the Peter pic as well.

maybe....
you any good at drawing with pen (pencil) and paper?
perhaps you should post some of those as well...

BBS Signature

Response to Griffin Rangers: Finished Product 2010-01-27 20:37:51

the one thing i cant figure out is how the hell does brians snout fit in that helmet, surely it should be made specifically, its the little details youv gotta take into consideration

Response to Griffin Rangers: Finished Product 2010-01-27 20:41:00

At 1/27/10 08:37 PM, ashman112 wrote: the one thing i cant figure out is how the hell does brians snout fit in that helmet, surely it should be made specifically, its the little details youv gotta take into consideration

it's a forced perspective thing.... >.>...yeah....

BBS Signature

Response to Griffin Rangers: Finished Product 2010-01-27 20:47:55

At 1/27/10 08:41 PM, Kinsei01 wrote:
At 1/27/10 08:37 PM, ashman112 wrote: the one thing i cant figure out is how the hell does brians snout fit in that helmet, surely it should be made specifically, its the little details youv gotta take into consideration

oh i get it, but it should still show the bumps on the front or something to show there is a difference there, not just have the same mouth

Response to Griffin Rangers: Finished Product 2010-01-27 23:58:46

At 1/27/10 08:41 PM, Kinsei01 wrote:

Despite the sarcasm that actually is the case Kinsei lol. In the original image, Brian is looking straight so his snout does not show in that perspective. On the other hand, the opinion about the bumps on the helmet does make sense, guess I should pay more attention to perspective detail.

Response to Griffin Rangers: Finished Product 2010-01-28 00:06:57

At 1/27/10 11:58 PM, GreenRangerStew wrote: On the other hand, the opinion about the bumps on the helmet does make sense, guess I should pay more attention to perspective detail.

Yeah, instead of just slapping some costume on a "trace" and calling it awesome, put some time into figuring out how the piece works, and how to accurately portray the character.