New Topic Respond to this Topic
Penboy
Penboy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Artist
Recovering deleted .fla's? Jan. 27th, 2010 @ 07:53 AM Reply

I deleted everything from my computer. Most things came back such as programs etc, but all of my .fla/.swf/.jpg files did not. A part of me has died. I was wondering if there's any way to get these back? I've tried doing a system restore and a few freebie restoring programs, but to no avail.

I'm lucky I have a few things here and on dA. :(
evan210
evan210
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to Recovering deleted .fla's? Jan. 27th, 2010 @ 08:10 AM Reply

Well, if they're just in the recycling bin, go in and then highlight the ones you need and right-click > restore.
If not, then they're, well... gone.

But if you've uploaded the .swfs anyway, get a decompiler (Sothink seems the best).

Penboy
Penboy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Artist
Response to Recovering deleted .fla's? Jan. 27th, 2010 @ 08:21 AM Reply

At 1/27/10 08:10 AM, evan210 wrote: Well, if they're just in the recycling bin, go in and then highlight the ones you need and right-click > restore.
If not, then they're, well... gone.

I permanently deleted them by mistake, using Restoration programs gets them back but Flash doesn't read them. I'm still trying to get them.

But if you've uploaded the .swfs anyway, get a decompiler (Sothink seems the best).

I think I might have to do that...I had thousands of hand drawn pictures and hundreds of animations that no one expect me has seen :(

It really hurts.

knugen
knugen
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Programmer
Response to Recovering deleted .fla's? Jan. 27th, 2010 @ 12:15 PM Reply

Just a week or two ago I tried it a recover program, Uneraser. I was just looking for a good program for a friend who needed it so I didn't try it out extensively, but it seems good enough.

You get the best result if you run that program instantly after deleting the files though, since you have been messing around with system restores and whatnot I am not sure how well it will work. It might turn out your only option is to get professional help, and that's usually very expensive =/