New Topic Respond to this Topic
Russ3ll
Russ3ll
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Melancholy
You know that song SemiCharmedLife? Jan. 27th, 2010 @ 05:52 AM Reply

It's about a drug addict fucking his girlfriend and doing meth.

Truth.

IT WAS ALL A DREAM.
Thank you CagedSilhoutte for the sexy ass sig!

BBS Signature
Sekhem
Sekhem
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 31
Musician
Response to You know that song SemiCharmedLife? Jan. 27th, 2010 @ 05:53 AM Reply

holy shit it's the 90s

letterboxd|||| last.fm |||| recommend me hip-hop - G O D // B L E S S // A F R I C A

BBS Signature
Head-Full-Of-Acid
Head-Full-Of-Acid
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 20
Musician
Response to You know that song SemiCharmedLife? Jan. 27th, 2010 @ 06:13 AM Reply

holy shit that isn't obvious at all did you just discover this?

lul

Request a review ]                                                                            sea otters hold hands in their sleep so they don't drift away from each other

BBS Signature
Russ3ll
Russ3ll
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Melancholy
Response to You know that song SemiCharmedLife? Jan. 27th, 2010 @ 06:31 AM Reply

At 1/27/10 06:13 AM, Head-Full-Of-Acid wrote: holy shit that isn't obvious at all did you just discover this?

I didn't think it was too obvious.

At 1/27/10 06:15 AM, 012210 wrote: you know that TECHNO song that goes unce unce unce unce?

Yes.

IT WAS ALL A DREAM.

BBS Signature
Head-Full-Of-Acid
Head-Full-Of-Acid
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 20
Musician
Response to You know that song SemiCharmedLife? Jan. 27th, 2010 @ 07:26 AM Reply

At 1/27/10 06:31 AM, Russ3ll wrote:
At 1/27/10 06:13 AM, Head-Full-Of-Acid wrote: holy shit that isn't obvious at all did you just discover this?
I didn't think it was too obvious.

it really isn't, or it wasn't for me because I started listening to Third Eye Blind when I was 8 and the lyrics are delivered so fast, but like a year ago I ACTUALLY listened to the lyrics and I was kinda surprised.

winnie the pooh + dark pop ballads = wtflulz

Request a review ]                                                                            sea otters hold hands in their sleep so they don't drift away from each other

BBS Signature
HighWay
HighWay
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Melancholy
Response to You know that song SemiCharmedLife? Jan. 27th, 2010 @ 07:30 AM Reply

Either way, it's still a good song.

The work, which becomes a new genre itself, will be called...

BBS Signature
mightypotato
mightypotato
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to You know that song SemiCharmedLife? Jan. 27th, 2010 @ 09:23 AM Reply

lol, Big Shiny Tunes 2. Best compilation album ever.

Although I can never hear "Semi Charmed Life" without immediately expecting "Walking on the Sun" to come on next.

I used to be a BBS mod, plzdontban kthxbai :D
Back on a semi-intermittent basis
Bacon vodka? It's more likely than you'd think!

BBS Signature
Ryanson
Ryanson
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Musician
Response to You know that song SemiCharmedLife? Jan. 27th, 2010 @ 11:41 AM Reply

At 1/27/10 05:52 AM, Russ3ll wrote: It's about a drug addict fucking his girlfriend and doing meth.

Truth.

Such a dirty song, and yet I feel that this song inspired every bit of Disney-crafted pop since then.

Life is a performance, and the world is full of critics. Give it your all like it's your last show.
You don't even want to know

BBS Signature
TylerDurden121
TylerDurden121
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to You know that song SemiCharmedLife? Jan. 27th, 2010 @ 11:45 AM Reply

Well, you know that song "cocaine" by Eric Clapton, despite what people think, it isnt for drugs its against them.

I am not witty or clever enough to make my own sig, thus I have stolen one instead.

BBS Signature
RandomFreak
RandomFreak
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Blank Slate
Response to You know that song SemiCharmedLife? Jan. 27th, 2010 @ 11:54 AM Reply

The other thing about that song is that there was an entire verse cut from the version played on the radio. I forget exact lyrics but there's mention of "little red panties" and "face down on the matress" which was all cut out for radio.

Russ3ll
Russ3ll
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Melancholy
Response to You know that song SemiCharmedLife? Jan. 27th, 2010 @ 04:31 PM Reply

At 1/27/10 11:54 AM, RandomFreak wrote: The other thing about that song is that there was an entire verse cut from the version played on the radio. I forget exact lyrics but there's mention of "little red panties" and "face down on the matress" which was all cut out for radio.

Oh yeah. That too.

IT WAS ALL A DREAM.

BBS Signature
Prinzy2
Prinzy2
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Melancholy
Response to You know that song SemiCharmedLife? Jan. 27th, 2010 @ 04:34 PM Reply

I always laugh when I listen to Slow Motion from Third Eye Blind.

Sig by triplenoob

BBS Signature
GiantDouche
GiantDouche
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to You know that song SemiCharmedLife? Jan. 27th, 2010 @ 04:35 PM Reply

Third Eye Blind would be a pretty awesome name for an erectile dysfunction support group.

Truth.
Russ3ll
Russ3ll
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Melancholy
Response to You know that song SemiCharmedLife? Jan. 27th, 2010 @ 04:36 PM Reply

At 1/27/10 04:35 PM, GiantDouche wrote: Third Eye Blind would be a pretty awesome name for an erectile dysfunction support group.

Truth.

I always wondered if there was a sexual gesture in the band's name.

IT WAS ALL A DREAM.

BBS Signature
TheJamoke
TheJamoke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to You know that song SemiCharmedLife? Jan. 27th, 2010 @ 04:37 PM Reply

About 10 years ago I got tickets to Late Night with Dave Letterman. The guests that evening were Nathan Lane and Third Eye Blind. They played that song. It was actually gayer than Nathan Lane.

BBS Signature
o0-0o
o0-0o
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to You know that song SemiCharmedLife? Jan. 27th, 2010 @ 04:39 PM Reply

At 1/27/10 04:36 PM, Russ3ll wrote:
I always wondered if there was a sexual gesture in the band's name.

I kinda thought it was about getting 'blinded by the third eye', as in getting a load right in the eyes.