Be a Supporter!

What's your philosophy ?

  • 2,340 Views
  • 64 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Kokojo
Kokojo
  • Member since: May. 23, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Blank Slate
What's your philosophy ? 2010-01-27 01:11:14 Reply

:Open thy head, ponder and wonder, this is life and you will not get out of here.

TL:DR warnings. Smartasses not welcome.
Quebecquer French warning. Excuse me for some engrish.

So, what is your philosophy - or do you even have one ? Let's call philosophy your visions about existance, the Thinking processus, and all that englobe the ''how it works in our head'' part.

Il start (of course)

In my vision of life, the basis of human actions are based upon three things : Power, Love, and Revenge, defined as such :
Power is everything that can profile you as superior, or given more authority to someone else ; Knowledge, psysical power, manipulation level, place in society, age...

Love is the abstract, the cause of religious belief, the inexplicable, those who believe in true choice (as if, even by knowing the very nature of the brain, we could not accurately predict the choice of an individual) and over-natural love are often very ported in there.

Revenge is the frustration, jealousy, the lack of obtaining Power and the unability to acess Love. It causes the rage, the irational and the lack of control. It can also produce more possitive results ; I believe freud is right when he says some of our frustrations can be transmitted to others obessions.

Those 3 rule the existance of human life as every thought action reveal of these, and not often are they crossing their paths.

Also, I do not believe in any God or religion because I find it stupid to trust what cannot be proven, demonstrated, and also if the only ''possible'' explanation were to be a book, well that book was writting by a man that could have been not sane and hallucinate Gods.

I beleive the world is actually shit because of the lack of social unity ; what we would need Is an emerging leader promoting the humans - not Canada, USA, France, no, the whole human race as a whole, seeking to come in peace with the natural cycles, what we are capable of. A good world for me would be a world where people are not lying to themselves, where the gouvernements are not corrupt (My city new mayor asked my friend to redraw the map of the city with absolutely no ''Milieux humides'' (Humid, natural places where life can bloom) as a ''potention-side projet for the city'', and the rest of any country have too much power-hungry people.....ah, money...) and where nature is respected and worked on.

What about you, NG ?


Free non-professional Psychoanalysis in my profile.
Convenient link to my profile!

Cordyceps
Cordyceps
  • Member since: May. 26, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Animator
Response to What's your philosophy ? 2010-01-27 01:15:30 Reply

We're filthy fucking animals on a dirty fucking planet, and, while we're so proud of our intellect, we can't grasp the fact that there is no god, we still run our society on our animal instincts, and we're terribly inept at survival. We also can't seem to figure out that our geonome is imperfect, and thus us as humans are imperfect, and we can't give two shits about doing anything about it.

My philosophy is to distance myself from you stinky fucking apes as much as I can.

FoAngel
FoAngel
  • Member since: May. 1, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Gamer
Response to What's your philosophy ? 2010-01-27 01:17:48 Reply

At 1/27/10 01:15 AM, Digital-Terror wrote: My philosophy is to distance myself from you stinky fucking apes as much as I can.

Are you one of those people that got depressed after watching Avatar?


BBS Signature
Saxturbation
Saxturbation
  • Member since: Nov. 4, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to What's your philosophy ? 2010-01-27 01:18:11 Reply

My philosophy behind life is that everything is temporary. Pain is temporary, thoughts are temporary, and love is temporary. Think about it, when someone is your family dies, you are sad for awhile and then you forget all about it and them. Your brain never holds onto any thought and even if you write it down and it becomes a theory or law, it always gets disproven or replaced by another theory/law. And we all know pain is temporary, it just passes. So yeah, that is my philosophy.


Who's your warden, baby?

BBS Signature
Cred-Injuries
Cred-Injuries
  • Member since: Dec. 8, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to What's your philosophy ? 2010-01-27 01:23:40 Reply

I believe that there is no real point to existence. A concept must be proven by Science for me to believe it. I find the idea of a god ridiculous. My goal in life is to have a decent living that I can remember and look back on with pride and dignity.

I think that we will drive ourselves to extinction soon enough, and hopefully not drag the rest of the planet's flora and fauna with us. The only way we can prevent this happening is with an end to all international conflicts, and with helpful collaboration with other countries and their top scientists.


.

BBS Signature
Gagsy
Gagsy
  • Member since: May. 21, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 53
Audiophile
Response to What's your philosophy ? 2010-01-27 01:23:41 Reply

At 1/27/10 01:15 AM, Digital-Terror wrote: We're filthy fucking animals on a dirty fucking planet, and, while we're so proud of our intellect, we can't grasp the fact that there is no god, we still run our society on our animal instincts, and we're terribly inept at survival. We also can't seem to figure out that our geonome is imperfect, and thus us as humans are imperfect, and we can't give two shits about doing anything about it.

My philosophy is to distance myself from you stinky fucking apes as much as I can.

My philosophy is close to yours acutally.

Though actually I believe the problem of how society is run is actually worse because we base it on useless human factors. things we don't need in order to survive, just things that ensure that we work till our deaths and what for? A good house and nice useless material objects? What's the point? This isn't living, this isn't obeying our natural instincts. To many humans are trying to play God. I don't believe in a God so I don't believe the role needs filling.

I just wish that we humans could take a step back from ourselves and realise we will be the death of ourselves.

My philosophy in life is to be able to accept death when it happens, for that is the only thing you can be sure of in this life.


[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature
CeilingCat
CeilingCat
  • Member since: Sep. 8, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to What's your philosophy ? 2010-01-27 01:27:46 Reply

We are only here to make our life better, both yourself and the human race as a whole. Our choices shouldn't be based upon what we think others will think about us, but what will make our life better, both in the present and more importantly in the future.

Life is a fragile thing, don't fuck it up, but enjoy it at the same time.

(I guess I'll get into what I believe what death is)

When you die, you don't go anywhere. You just rot in the ground. It isn't all that horrible though, because I believe death is the only time you will be in perfect peace. Its like sleeping without getting awoken. Without the good dreams, but without the nightmares. You won't even know anything has happened.

Kokojo
Kokojo
  • Member since: May. 23, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to What's your philosophy ? 2010-01-27 01:34:25 Reply

At 1/27/10 01:15 AM, Digital-Terror wrote: We're filthy fucking animals on a dirty fucking planet, and, while we're so proud of our intellect, we can't grasp the fact that there is no god, we still run our society on our animal instincts, and we're terribly inept at survival. We also can't seem to figure out that our geonome is imperfect, and thus us as humans are imperfect, and we can't give two shits about doing anything about it.

My philosophy is to distance myself from you stinky fucking apes as much as I can.

Dahh, then when don't you suicide, dude ? THAT would put so much distance between us, it's even more than the internet !

More seriously, why don't you shout up your beliefs and ideas to jolt up society and not moaning about it ? You don't ever defend those ideas face to face ? What the hell are you doing on earth ?

Also, hahah at the Avatar depression. Such a typical film anyway, and the egocenter of the universe for furries.

Ceilingcat, I am with you. I just wish I was able to get into politics here. I am trying.


Free non-professional Psychoanalysis in my profile.
Convenient link to my profile!

Gobblemeister
Gobblemeister
  • Member since: Sep. 19, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 11
Musician
Response to What's your philosophy ? 2010-01-27 01:37:41 Reply

It's not rape if their dead

Vortex
Vortex
  • Member since: Aug. 27, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to What's your philosophy ? 2010-01-27 01:39:37 Reply

Hm , well i believe your mind is shaped by your environment and the people around you ; subconsciously . Your never always the same " person " .
For instance , you were once a baby where you knew nothing , always learning from everything around you as you grew up .
Now you obviously are a completely different person than you were when you were 10 years old. Do you remember an abrupt "change" in your personality between those years?
No .I think who you are as a person is based on your surroundings whether you like it or not.

Think of a black kid in the ghetto always raised around violence and poverty . Think of what most black kids from the ghetto have become? Dead , In jail , in a gang.

Or hate to say it , the average kid on newgrounds is probably a loser , because all they do is play video games and sit on the computer , usually learning nothing or improving themselves.

Now the popular jock or cheerleader that always go to parties? Constantly bettering themselves through social interactions , sports , concerts , shaping the confident people they are.

TheJamoke
TheJamoke
  • Member since: Oct. 22, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to What's your philosophy ? 2010-01-27 01:54:27 Reply

At 1/27/10 01:15 AM, Digital-Terror wrote:

So in essence, a typical teenager cynical outlook on the entire world based upon what little life experience you've gained thus far having barely ventured outside the boring burb your parents house is located.

Christ, get laid and do some drugs. You kids are such a fucking downer these days.


BBS Signature
Ranchero
Ranchero
  • Member since: Oct. 14, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to What's your philosophy ? 2010-01-27 01:56:14 Reply

I don't really have a philosophy per se, no little quote or ideal that I live my life by.

However I do feel that humans purpose on this planet is no different from that of a rose, or a turtle, or some plankton in the ocean. Our sole purpose (if you can call it that) is to reproduce, grow our species. We as humans are merely lucky enough to have concious thought on top of all the other things that most other species on this planet have. Pretty much I am saying it is best to enjoy this life while you have it, in any way you want.


BBS Signature
Luke
Luke
  • Member since: Oct. 24, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 33
Gamer
Response to What's your philosophy ? 2010-01-27 02:00:06 Reply

At 1/27/10 01:54 AM, Jamoke wrote:
Christ, get laid and do some drugs. You kids are such a fucking downer these days.

I agree that teenagers are really depressing people in this day and age. And the thing is, 95 percent of the ones that I have met, do not really have anything rough in their life. It's usually some shit like "Mom and Dad fight." Or, "I'm doing drugs so I'm doing bad in school and because of that I'm grounded or have to change schools." You think that's a huge fucking problem? Start going to school, stop doing drugs if they're bringing you down, and get on with your fucking life.

I don't get it, but then again, I am a depressing person at times too, the thing is I have problems, and I battle every day of my life to get past them. I'm not saying that everybody has it easy and my life sucks, I've met a lot of people with MUCH worse lives than me, but I mean, the kids who say they're so depressed and get attention for it (emo kids), are ridiculous. They don't really have problems, and they all come from rich homes. Why are they complaining? And people listen to them, not the people like me, or the people with alcohol and drug problems, Jesus, I need to go to another meeting. I didn't want to type all this shit...


Yeah, whatever.
PSN ID: REDSiN66

PeterM
PeterM
  • Member since: Aug. 3, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 34
Melancholy
Response to What's your philosophy ? 2010-01-27 02:00:55 Reply

If I want something, I go and get it. Simples.

Bolo
Bolo
  • Member since: Nov. 29, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 48
Blank Slate
Response to What's your philosophy ? 2010-01-27 02:22:37 Reply

At 1/27/10 01:54 AM, Jamoke wrote: Christ, get laid and do some drugs. You kids are such a fucking downer these days.

You say kids are "downers" these days, but provide a solution which only furthers an illusion that pleasure is eternal, and that, indeed, the purpose of life is no more or less than to delude yourself until you die, whereby you ignored the very tenets of human society, upon which the furthering of knowledge is the primary influence. By not causing human society to be uplifted in some degree by your actions in life, you have by default degraded the quality of life on earth, because you've wasted resources that should have been given to those who had the will and capability to do more with them. So as a fact, the real "downer" will be your net effect on the world around you, and because it is a basic instinct to strive for improvement of this state, your incapability of doing so, coupled with a preoccupation with diversionary and extraneous activities that cause tangible harm, will in turn cause you to experience such a moment of despair as the world has never witnessed.


BBS Signature
DzGuy
DzGuy
  • Member since: Dec. 8, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to What's your philosophy ? 2010-01-27 02:46:42 Reply

At 1/27/10 02:22 AM, Bolo wrote: lol i'm so deep

Had fun with the thesaurus?


|| Audio || Art ||

BBS Signature
TheJamoke
TheJamoke
  • Member since: Oct. 22, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to What's your philosophy ? 2010-01-27 02:49:52 Reply

At 1/27/10 02:00 AM, EpicFail wrote:
At 1/27/10 01:54 AM, Jamoke wrote:
Christ, get laid and do some drugs. You kids are such a fucking downer these days.
I agree that teenagers are really depressing people in this day and age. And the thing is, 95 percent of the ones that I have met, do not really have anything rough in their life. It's usually some shit like "Mom and Dad fight." Or, "I'm doing drugs so I'm doing bad in school and because of that I'm grounded or have to change schools." You think that's a huge fucking problem? Start going to school, stop doing drugs if they're bringing you down, and get on with your fucking life.

Someone get Lucifer on the phone and make him check the furnace pilot, 'cuz I'm about to say something I thought would only happen when Hell froze over: I agree with EpicFail.
*breath steady, in out in out*

Seriously, kids who gripe and complain about their problems need to pump their brakes and ask themselves, "is this typical and I'm not the only one who's been here before?" and "is there someone who has it worse than me?"
And the answer is always an emphatic "yes."

Mom and dad fight. That's Western Civilization 101.

You don't like some douchecock at school? STOP THE FUCKING PRESSES.

You feel isolated and alone sometimes, like the weight of reality sinking in is becoming too much to handle at times? Welcome to "getting older." The hormones are a mindfuck, but you will get through it, just like everyone else. It just takes time- the one resource that young people have in abundance, yet squander like Canadian pennies.

I don't get it, but then again, I am a depressing person at times too, the thing is I have problems, and I battle every day of my life to get past them. I'm not saying that everybody has it easy and my life sucks, I've met a lot of people with MUCH worse lives than me, but I mean, the kids who say they're so depressed and get attention for it (emo kids), are ridiculous. They don't really have problems, and they all come from rich homes. Why are they complaining? And people listen to them, not the people like me, or the people with alcohol and drug problems, Jesus, I need to go to another meeting. I didn't want to type all this shit...

But that's exactly why kids do type it out, everyday, with no end in sight- because getting it out is more therapeutic than the alternative. Totally healthy, everyone has to pop the cork on a bottle of vintage anger sometimes.

I'm married. I know, fucking HORROR SHOW, right? Sometimes. Straight up, there isn't a week that goes by where I don't destroy something just for the sake of corrupting something that was simply there out of rage. But then it passes, I remember why I lover her and life goes on. And that, young ones, is the closest thing to finding happiness on this earth.

I'm not one to downplay the problems of another and tell them they don't matter. Everyone's problem are relative, and only you truly care about them. That doesn't mean no one cares at all.

Anyone who has ever taken a (good) philosophy course should be able to tell you that the longer an belief is, the more convoluted it becomes. The sort and simple is usually what works best. So Tl;Dr here it is:

- Find out what it is you do and do it well. Even if you fail or don't make that much money doing it, you will never regret that you tried doing it your way.

- There is no such thing as the perfect mate. Start getting used to that notion. If you find someone whom you can tolerate being in the same room with for more than 8 seconds, hold onto that person and never let go. Bonus points if she can stand your ass too for more than 8 seconds too. You will not get along with this person at times, you may even hate their guts. That's why there's so many crappy love songs. It's only natural.

*note: any relationship started before college was nothing more than a scrimmage match. Don't let them jade your whole outlook on relationships. It was meaningless. One day you'll look back, facepalm, then laugh.

- Try as you might, you will become you parents. It's inevitable. Right now you hate them, they hate you. Then one day you suddenly find yourself shopping at Target with them for your kid's 1st birthday and you realize that they actually are proud of you.

- Drugs - do a fucking shit load. Find out what you like and don' like, then do them all again just to be sure. At the very least you will learn volumes about yourself, like do you have the integrity and willpower to restrain from addiction for one. And if you don't like them, quit. They're not for everyone, and no one (who matters) will hold it against you.

Just stay away from heroine and meth. When was the last time you met a successful junkie? Ray Charles and Pope John Paul II excluded (his holiness was huge jenkem addict, true story).

- Life is a series of experiences and nothing more. And contrary to common belief among teens, you are not immortal, you will die. Looking back on your death bed, do you want to feel a life of little to no regret because you tried everything the world had to offer and gained/lost one way or the other because of it, or do you want to beg for more time that you're not going to get because you squandered those opportunities? (see "Drugs" above)

I know I'm not going to change a damn thing by making a post on the interwebs, but maybe if just one of you reads this and realizes you can take control just through willpower and telling yourself it's going to be ok, then it was worth smoking two bogies to write this.

When you're chewing on life's gristle, don't grumble......


BBS Signature
Bolo
Bolo
  • Member since: Nov. 29, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 48
Blank Slate
Response to What's your philosophy ? 2010-01-27 03:00:23 Reply

At 1/27/10 02:46 AM, DzGuy wrote:
At 1/27/10 02:22 AM, Bolo wrote: lol i'm so deep
Had fun with the thesaurus?

Think about what you're saying by posting that. You're implying that the bar of this BBS is set so low that it is impossible for somebody who uses precise language, and in fact is a writer by trade, to write without having to consult a reference. If you're not willing to consider what I read, you shouldn't bother posting. I'm serious. When you post one-liners, it makes you look pretty fucking stupid. And believe me, it's not just you doing it. I can say with certainty that you and those like you are a significant part of the reason I don't really post here often anymore. Because you're lazy and seem to lack any semblance of real cognition, or even, for that matter, any aspirations to that effect!


BBS Signature
TheJamoke
TheJamoke
  • Member since: Oct. 22, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to What's your philosophy ? 2010-01-27 03:08:21 Reply

Bolo, no one takes advice from an utterly cynical asshole. For all your knowledge and intellect, you still lack that wisdom. And that is your downfall.

Before you go lambasting me for being "so presumptuous," that's they way you come off, plain English.
I'm assuming nothing. I simply know what I've seen.


BBS Signature
STJ9medic9
STJ9medic9
  • Member since: Nov. 1, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to What's your philosophy ? 2010-01-27 03:21:11 Reply

At 1/27/10 01:54 AM, Jamoke wrote:
At 1/27/10 01:15 AM, Digital-Terror wrote:
So in essence, a typical teenager cynical outlook on the entire world based upon what little life experience you've gained thus far having barely ventured outside the boring burb your parents house is located.

Christ, get laid and do some drugs. You kids are such a fucking downer these days.

No one could have said it better. Every now and then I will go to a high school to do a talk or something and I can't help but think when I was in high school I knew everything. I thought all my ideas on the world were fresh and new...turns out they were the same as everyone else's. I miss high school sometimes but mostly I am happy I have gained some actual insight to the world and I am looking forward to how differently I will see things in ten more years.


Much Love and Live Proud!

BBS Signature
Me-Patch
Me-Patch
  • Member since: Apr. 18, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Melancholy
Response to What's your philosophy ? 2010-01-27 03:24:56 Reply

Life is like a shit sandwhich, the more bread you have the less shit you have to eat.


BBS Signature
DzGuy
DzGuy
  • Member since: Dec. 8, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to What's your philosophy ? 2010-01-27 03:49:17 Reply

At 1/27/10 03:00 AM, Bolo wrote: Think about what you're saying by posting that. You're implying that the bar of this BBS is set so low that it is impossible for somebody who uses precise language, and in fact is a writer by trade, to write without having to consult a reference. If you're not willing to consider what I read, you shouldn't bother posting. I'm serious. When you post one-liners, it makes you look pretty fucking stupid. And believe me, it's not just you doing it. I can say with certainty that you and those like you are a significant part of the reason I don't really post here often anymore. Because you're lazy and seem to lack any semblance of real cognition, or even, for that matter, any aspirations to that effect!

No I do take some posts into consideration. It's just that you're deliberately using large words to come off as pretentious and "smart". Speak plainly and simply then you'll get a decent response.

And yes I did understand your messy wall of text. You basically can't accept the fact that human beings don't live up to your unrealistic ideals and so you preach about how people SHOULD live instead of just accepting them for who they are. Arrogance at its finest.


|| Audio || Art ||

BBS Signature
meaty-fuck-puppet
meaty-fuck-puppet
  • Member since: Jan. 24, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to What's your philosophy ? 2010-01-27 04:12:35 Reply

At 1/27/10 01:15 AM, Digital-Terror wrote: We're filthy fucking animals on a dirty fucking planet, and, while we're so proud of our intellect, we can't grasp the fact that there is no god, we still run our society on our animal instincts, and we're terribly inept at survival. We also can't seem to figure out that our geonome is imperfect, and thus us as humans are imperfect, and we can't give two shits about doing anything about it.

My philosophy is to distance myself from you stinky fucking apes as much as I can.

As much as you'll probably scoff at a possible ape agreeing with you... I honestly do tend to agree with what you've said, D-T

Me-Patch
Me-Patch
  • Member since: Apr. 18, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Melancholy
Response to What's your philosophy ? 2010-01-27 04:17:18 Reply

Also, in the grand scheme of things we're just microscopic three dimensional abominations floating around in a universe we can't even fully conceive much less understand.


BBS Signature
PinklySmooth
PinklySmooth
  • Member since: Dec. 6, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to What's your philosophy ? 2010-01-27 04:50:46 Reply

Just live your life however you want, without listening to what other people want you to do... fuckers...


BBS Signature
Sekhem
Sekhem
  • Member since: Feb. 20, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Musician
Response to What's your philosophy ? 2010-01-27 05:49:07 Reply

Love is the law, love under will.


trakt|||| last.fm |||| recommend me hip-hop - G O D // B L E S S // A F R I C A

BBS Signature
Sekhem
Sekhem
  • Member since: Feb. 20, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Musician
Response to What's your philosophy ? 2010-01-27 06:07:17 Reply

At 1/27/10 06:06 AM, 012210 wrote:
At 1/27/10 05:49 AM, Sekhem wrote: Love is the law, love under will.
dumbass sekhem i already said that one

It has always been mine.


trakt|||| last.fm |||| recommend me hip-hop - G O D // B L E S S // A F R I C A

BBS Signature
Spunky6666
Spunky6666
  • Member since: Sep. 5, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to What's your philosophy ? 2010-01-27 12:33:36 Reply

Life is like icecream on a cone, because sometimes it falls on the ground and it sucks, but most of the time it's pretty damn good. Just don't let it melt!

That's actually kinda deep if you think about it...


Come reply to my Art Thread or I will forever hate you with a passion!

BBS Signature
Kokojo
Kokojo
  • Member since: May. 23, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to What's your philosophy ? 2010-01-28 00:11:45 Reply

Well that was great. I have to see more of these.

And less of ''I am special and need attention''


Free non-professional Psychoanalysis in my profile.
Convenient link to my profile!

Hawdcore
Hawdcore
  • Member since: Oct. 10, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to What's your philosophy ? 2010-01-28 00:22:34 Reply

Meh I wish I was just a kid still young and naive ........ so young.... sooo skinny

*licks fingers*...

... what... im eating Cheetos

BBS Signature