At 1/27/10 02:00 AM, EpicFail wrote:
At 1/27/10 01:54 AM, Jamoke wrote:
Christ, get laid and do some drugs. You kids are such a fucking downer these days.I agree that teenagers are really depressing people in this day and age. And the thing is, 95 percent of the ones that I have met, do not really have anything rough in their life. It's usually some shit like "Mom and Dad fight." Or, "I'm doing drugs so I'm doing bad in school and because of that I'm grounded or have to change schools." You think that's a huge fucking problem? Start going to school, stop doing drugs if they're bringing you down, and get on with your fucking life.
Someone get Lucifer on the phone and make him check the furnace pilot, 'cuz I'm about to say something I thought would only happen when Hell froze over: I agree with EpicFail.
*breath steady, in out in out*
Seriously, kids who gripe and complain about their problems need to pump their brakes and ask themselves, "is this typical and I'm not the only one who's been here before?" and "is there someone who has it worse than me?"
And the answer is always an emphatic "yes."
Mom and dad fight. That's Western Civilization 101.
You don't like some douchecock at school? STOP THE FUCKING PRESSES.
You feel isolated and alone sometimes, like the weight of reality sinking in is becoming too much to handle at times? Welcome to "getting older." The hormones are a mindfuck, but you will get through it, just like everyone else. It just takes time- the one resource that young people have in abundance, yet squander like Canadian pennies.
I don't get it, but then again, I am a depressing person at times too, the thing is I have problems, and I battle every day of my life to get past them. I'm not saying that everybody has it easy and my life sucks, I've met a lot of people with MUCH worse lives than me, but I mean, the kids who say they're so depressed and get attention for it (emo kids), are ridiculous. They don't really have problems, and they all come from rich homes. Why are they complaining? And people listen to them, not the people like me, or the people with alcohol and drug problems, Jesus, I need to go to another meeting. I didn't want to type all this shit...
But that's exactly why kids do type it out, everyday, with no end in sight- because getting it out is more therapeutic than the alternative. Totally healthy, everyone has to pop the cork on a bottle of vintage anger sometimes.
I'm married. I know, fucking HORROR SHOW, right? Sometimes. Straight up, there isn't a week that goes by where I don't destroy something just for the sake of corrupting something that was simply there out of rage. But then it passes, I remember why I lover her and life goes on. And that, young ones, is the closest thing to finding happiness on this earth.
I'm not one to downplay the problems of another and tell them they don't matter. Everyone's problem are relative, and only you truly care about them. That doesn't mean no one cares at all.
Anyone who has ever taken a (good) philosophy course should be able to tell you that the longer an belief is, the more convoluted it becomes. The sort and simple is usually what works best. So Tl;Dr here it is:
- Find out what it is you do and do it well. Even if you fail or don't make that much money doing it, you will never regret that you tried doing it your way.
- There is no such thing as the perfect mate. Start getting used to that notion. If you find someone whom you can tolerate being in the same room with for more than 8 seconds, hold onto that person and never let go. Bonus points if she can stand your ass too for more than 8 seconds too. You will not get along with this person at times, you may even hate their guts. That's why there's so many crappy love songs. It's only natural.
*note: any relationship started before college was nothing more than a scrimmage match. Don't let them jade your whole outlook on relationships. It was meaningless. One day you'll look back, facepalm, then laugh.
- Try as you might, you will become you parents. It's inevitable. Right now you hate them, they hate you. Then one day you suddenly find yourself shopping at Target with them for your kid's 1st birthday and you realize that they actually are proud of you.
- Drugs - do a fucking shit load. Find out what you like and don' like, then do them all again just to be sure. At the very least you will learn volumes about yourself, like do you have the integrity and willpower to restrain from addiction for one. And if you don't like them, quit. They're not for everyone, and no one (who matters) will hold it against you.
Just stay away from heroine and meth. When was the last time you met a successful junkie? Ray Charles and Pope John Paul II excluded (his holiness was huge jenkem addict, true story).
- Life is a series of experiences and nothing more. And contrary to common belief among teens, you are not immortal, you will die. Looking back on your death bed, do you want to feel a life of little to no regret because you tried everything the world had to offer and gained/lost one way or the other because of it, or do you want to beg for more time that you're not going to get because you squandered those opportunities? (see "Drugs" above)
I know I'm not going to change a damn thing by making a post on the interwebs, but maybe if just one of you reads this and realizes you can take control just through willpower and telling yourself it's going to be ok, then it was worth smoking two bogies to write this.
When you're chewing on life's gristle, don't grumble......