00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

BorfDoggo just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Collaboration "Idea" Lounge.

28,317 Views | 259 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Collaboration "Idea" Lounge. 2010-01-26 16:11:52

Kind of like a regulars lounge, but with a slight twist.

Do you have an idea for a collaboration or an idea for a project but don't know if it is worth starting? Then post your ideas here. Use this thread to get critiques and suggestions on how to run your collab or if your idea will even work. See if people are interested in your collab before you waste the thread post and get laughed at.

Please be respectful of each other and each other's ideas.

Please don't steal any ideas and represent them as your own. We can tell if you have done this so don't be a dick.

Have fun and follow all other BBS rules. Feel free to also treat this as any other forum regulars lounge.

II II lI

BBS Signature

Response to Collaboration "Idea" Lounge. 2010-01-26 16:13:37

nooooo i was 25 seconds late

Response to Collaboration "Idea" Lounge. 2010-01-26 16:14:54

What a fantastic idea.

I've been wanting to do a collab based on the "FFFUUUUUUU" meme but I'm not sure if it would fly. People generally hate memes that have been done so many times.

BBS Signature

Response to Collaboration "Idea" Lounge. 2010-01-26 16:15:22

This would have been a good thread to pitch my Time Travel collab idea... I already think I set a bad example by making a pitch thread... Although I do expect us to follow through with it. :)

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Collaboration "Idea" Lounge. 2010-01-26 16:19:12

At 1/26/10 04:15 PM, TomFulp wrote: This would have been a good thread to pitch my Time Travel collab idea... I already think I set a bad example by making a pitch thread... Although I do expect us to follow through with it. :)

I think you can have a pass on this one. Seeing as staff run collabs usually have a much higher turn out than regular collabs, and also a much higher success rate, it probably deserves its own thread to keep it organized.

also it is your site.

II II lI

BBS Signature

Response to Collaboration "Idea" Lounge. 2010-01-26 16:27:53

if we make a new say art collab, i guess to get more people we could post a link in the art forum lounge, i guess this could help with the clutter, forum power woo

Response to Collaboration "Idea" Lounge. 2010-01-26 16:37:34

Alright, I've had a script that I've made for a music video of the Red Hot Chili Peppers song "Throw Away Your Television" hanging around for some time. I attempted to get a few people together to start a collab some time ago and it didn't really work out.

I'm wondering if now people might be more accepting of the idea, so I'd be interested to see who's up for this.

Let me know, the script is ready, save for a few tweaks, but I think I need to get an animator or two first to lay some ground work.

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Collaboration "Idea" Lounge. 2010-01-26 16:50:00

At 1/26/10 04:14 PM, 14hourlunchbreak wrote: What a fantastic idea.

I've been wanting to do a collab based on the "FFFUUUUUUU" meme but I'm not sure if it would fly. People generally hate memes that have been done so many times.

Ive actually had this same idea myself, but have found it hard to start anything from it. I am not to worried about people hating memes because there are still plenty of people who enjoy them. My main concern was the lack of originality that may come from this, seeing as there are so many comics out there.

II II lI

BBS Signature

Response to Collaboration "Idea" Lounge. 2010-01-26 16:52:59

At 1/26/10 04:50 PM, ForNoReason wrote:
At 1/26/10 04:14 PM, 14hourlunchbreak wrote: What a fantastic idea.

My main concern was the lack of originality that may come from this, seeing as there are so many comics out there.

Maybe you could have people choose one of the existing comics and animate it. I think that's what they were doing with the ASDF collab.

BBS Signature

Response to Collaboration "Idea" Lounge. 2010-01-26 16:54:51

youtube collab

make animation of utube vids or make fun of some

Screw Scrambler

BBS Signature

Response to Collaboration "Idea" Lounge. 2010-01-26 16:55:16

Alright, I've had a script that I've made for a music video of the Red Hot Chili Peppers song "Throw Away Your Television" hanging around for some time.

I'm wondering if now people might be more accepting of the idea, so I'd be interested to see who's up for this.

I will animate for that collab. FPS? stage size? SOUNDS like a fun collaborate

Response to Collaboration "Idea" Lounge. 2010-01-26 17:41:24

At 1/26/10 04:55 PM, tehtimmy4080 wrote:
Alright, I've had a script that I've made for a music video of the Red Hot Chili Peppers song "Throw Away Your Television" hanging around for some time.
I will animate for that collab. FPS? stage size? SOUNDS like a fun collaborate

Well, with the way things panned out at one point with this, I'm still hopeful.

I could also do with the opportunity to put .doc extensions or .txt extensions at the very least on the Dumping Grounds. Tom, if your minions could arrange this, I would be much obliged.

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Collaboration "Idea" Lounge. 2010-01-26 18:09:13

why must there be a lounge for every forum

Response to Collaboration "Idea" Lounge. 2010-01-26 18:19:54

I've had this ideaa in my head for a LONG time, but I suck with flash, so hear me out.
I think a DDR collab would be awesome. DDR is like a video game version of Stepmania, or Flash Flash Revolution. In the collab, the controls would be the keypad on the keyboard for the notes. (Or you can do Guitar hero for this idea, whatever) You would have multiple people do music videos for songs in flash. Then, the music videos would be fitted with steps or notes. (Portaining to the song, not the actual video) We then add programmers to the mix to make menus, come up with the system, and all that is needed. And, Tada! we have the DDR/Guitar Hero collab.

Response to Collaboration "Idea" Lounge. 2010-01-26 19:09:52

I have a silly idea for a collab: the PRINCE OF ___________ collab.

this idea was inspired from seeing a series called "Prince of Tennis". To put it bluntly, it's ridiculous. It has all the cliche nuances of most anime: referencing of moves to those of legendary samurai, warriors; using the phrase, "OH NO HE'S GOING TO USE... THAT", and other obscure slew of pronouns; and creating a hierarchical structure in which the protagonist must beat all the others to succeed. Those seem to be the ingredients for these kinds of shows.

just look at this: Tezuka Killed the Dinosaurs
it's like a Sephiroth summon or something. Just crazy!

I've never done a collab before, but my suggestion is that everyone might want to pick out some topic and it could be ANYTHING like:

Prince of __________

(name a sport, not tennis)
arson
Chemical Titrations
flame wars
Newgrounds =P
Differential Equations
Persia (nah, scratch that)
etc.

then make a short that uses the commonalities of an anime series like PoT, DBZ, etc. Maybe show how it caused the extinction of the dinosaurs and that kind of stuff. Make it as ridiculous as you want. Anyhoo, just an idea. peace!

Response to Collaboration "Idea" Lounge. 2010-01-27 10:16:21

At 1/26/10 04:58 PM, Otto wrote: I've always had the idea of people making lots of animations of, say, the 'origin stories' of super heroes and things.

I actually really like this idea. I think if you get enough people behind this it would be a very successful and creative collab.

At 1/26/10 06:19 PM, Thematrix27 wrote: I've had this idea in my head for a LONG time, but I suck with flash, so hear me out.
I think a DDR collab would be awesome. DDR is like a video game version of Stepmania, or Flash Flash Revolution.

I think the problem with this collab is you would have to have A LOT of determination and skill in flash to put it all together. It sounds like it could be a really fun game and a great opportunity to have a lot of great artists, programmers, and musicians work together, but the skill level for the collab organizer would have to be pretty high.

At 1/26/10 07:09 PM, Animog wrote: I have a silly idea for a collab: the PRINCE OF ___________ collab.

I can see how this would be enjoyable, and I would actually like to see something like this come to be. However, I think the main issue would be interest in the overall idea. If you don't have enough people knowledgeable about the source material it might fall flat.

II II lI

BBS Signature

Response to Collaboration "Idea" Lounge. 2010-01-27 12:49:05

I was thinking about a "racing" collab (no real name yet)

however it wouldnt be just ramdom skits, there would be a group of 6 or something animators, we think up of 4-6 cars to be racing, and then someone starts it off, and animates the cars racing in part of a track in a Wacky Races manner (it doesnt have to be limited to that manner, but crazy items and traps should appear)

then after the first animator animates a bit, the next one picks the animation up from where the other one left (like the go on collab), and then can continue the track, change the positions of the cars, and so on, ending up with a fun collab, that should be fun to watch and really display diferent animation skills and styles...

the track could either be decided as the collab goes, or could be planned before...

what do ya'll think?

Response to Collaboration "Idea" Lounge. 2010-01-27 15:10:47

80's cartoons? (ps i can pretty much guarantee that prince of ______ collab to fail-no offense)

Freedom is the Right of All Sentient Beings

BBS Signature

Response to Collaboration "Idea" Lounge. 2010-01-27 15:42:27

I'd love to see a collaboration between the NG staff and say....Adam Phillips to produce a serious short that could try and be televised.

NG needs an Oscar.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to Collaboration "Idea" Lounge. 2010-01-27 17:21:43

I've been working on a writing a cartoon with a friend of mine for a little while now. We have a (IMO) great script and some pretty good voices. Our only problem is lack of an animator... which is kinda important haha. It's looking to be a pretty big job but if anybody likes what we have so far it would be awesome to get something rolling with it. Dialogue from the first scene

Response to Collaboration "Idea" Lounge. 2010-01-27 17:29:35

At 1/26/10 06:09 PM, Vagetarian wrote: why must there be a lounge for every forum

It greatly improves the Forum's activity. In the case of most Forums, it would be a place to talk about things and start mini topics instead of cluttering up the Forums pages with useless threads. But since that isn't very helpful for this collab, it can be a great place for feedback on Collab ideas. I say this thread can be pretty sweet.

I myself was thinking of eventually doing the Greatest Video Game Quotes Collab. Where we all animate scenes from games that had amazingly good lines. They of course can be made funnier with creative facial expressions and little jokes occuring in the background. I just think there's some good potential there.

At 1/26/10 07:07 PM, Mexifry wrote: You can't have Memes and originality in the same sentence.

"Memes totally lack originality."

Did I do it right?

I usually frequent the VG and collaboration Forums. If you find me anywhere else, I'm lost and can't find my way back.

Response to Collaboration "Idea" Lounge. 2010-01-27 19:38:40

Ideas, hmm? Alright.

I have a concept for a Mega Man X flash game, utilizing the 16-bit style. Given I'm no spriter, though, I would need to collab with some folks who can do sprites, as well as music. So yes, this is a game collab, not an animation collab. I assume that's allowed, right?

To summarize, it'd be outlined much like a standard MMX game (intro stage, four bosses, mid stage, four bosses, final stages). However, the game would have a few important aspects.

- Sigma isn't involved. Nope. Not at all.
- Zero is captured by some new enemy.
- The Wily roots of the MMX series would be explored, though it's not canon of course.
- Green Biker Dude.

I don't wanna give too much away here, since if I'm able to find spriters and musicians to work with, I think it can turn out very awesome.

Response to Collaboration "Idea" Lounge. 2010-01-27 20:05:50

At 1/27/10 10:16 AM, ForNoReason wrote:
At 1/26/10 06:19 PM, Thematrix27 wrote:

:: STUFF.

I think the problem with this collab is you would have to have A LOT of determination and skill in flash to put it all together. It sounds like it could be a really fun game and a great opportunity to have a lot of great artists, programmers, and musicians work together, but the skill level for the collab organizer would have to be pretty high.

Yes, that was one of the two problems that I thought of being an issue for this collab, the other being not many people know what DDR is. This defidently (sp?) would take a lot of time to make, short cuts would have to be figured out. It would work well as long as they had a good team and a lot of time on their hands, but I could consider something like this becoming very high rated and very popular.
(High Scoreboard would help quite a bit)

At 1/27/10 07:38 PM, Skye-McCloud wrote: Ideas, hmm? Alright.

I have a concept for a Mega Man X flash game, utilizing the 16-bit style. Given I'm no spriter, though, I would need to collab with some folks who can do sprites, as well as music. So yes, this is a game collab, not an animation collab. I assume that's allowed, right?

Yes, game collabs are allowed, but they take more time, and sprite games don't always turn out too well. Sprite collabing is done a lot, so your idea will also have to be unique, but Megaman is not as common as doing Sonic and others, so it would work better. However, say what characters must be used and which can't seems more sillly than useful to me.

Response to Collaboration "Idea" Lounge. 2010-01-28 07:47:12

At 1/27/10 07:38 PM, Skye-McCloud wrote: Ideas, hmm? Alright.

To summarize, it'd be outlined much like a standard MMX game (intro stage, four bosses, mid stage, four bosses, final stages). However, the game would have a few important aspects.

- Sigma isn't involved. Nope. Not at all.
- Zero is captured by some new enemy.
- The Wily roots of the MMX series would be explored, though it's not canon of course.
- Green Biker Dude.

I don't wanna give too much away here, since if I'm able to find spriters and musicians to work with, I think it can turn out very awesome.

game collabs are a lot harder to do, but i find are a lot more interesting.
i am doing a mini-game collab atm and they are hard to get people attracted to because a lot more people know Animation than AS, i say you should try out the game collab but remember they are hard to put togther and harder to get people to join and stay in the collab

Response to Collaboration "Idea" Lounge. 2010-01-29 03:37:47

I for one am kinda tired of all the humor collabs. I see a collab on a topic i enjoy and get my hopes up of maybe it might have some cool serious parts in em... but they never do. It alaways dick and fart jokes, or some other boring jokes. For every one good clip in a collab you have to sit threw 5 or 6 unfunny ones attempting to be humorous. Why cant there be a collab that isnt humor based. A resident evil collab with 5 or 6 serious shorts. Lets get some more serious collabs going. Do it... DO IT.

touchin 101

Response to Collaboration "Idea" Lounge. 2010-01-30 23:14:09

The only collab I've ever been enthused to get going would be the "Mitch Hedberg Collab"

I don't know a thing about organizing collabs, but I think it would be very popular to make flashes based on his stand-up... would anybody else be interested in this?

BBS Signature

Response to Collaboration "Idea" Lounge. 2010-02-02 18:42:18

How about:
The Underage Collab

Based on the premise, I can't even be a participant. So if someone were interested they have my permission to take charge of the project.
I was thinking of a collab where all participants are under an age of say 16. It would be interesting to see a collab of Newgrounds up and coming most talented youth who will be making the great flash's of the future.
I know lots of 9 year olds who just opened Flash will want to be involved. Please, if anyone hosts this, only allow talented young artists to be involved. I would want to see the best of the young ones, and 5 years from now see what became of their flash career.

GAH!

BBS Signature

Response to Collaboration "Idea" Lounge. 2010-02-03 15:20:08

The ZAP! collab. EX. A guy standing next to another guy, and he touches him and basically shocks him!
EX.2 a Robber robbing a bank running down street with money, a police officer runs up to him and says your going to jail! zap, (they turn into ashes at the end) :3 Dont i just make up the best ideas?! I know right!

Jakex09 is not responsible for any damages left in your brain. If you start to see signs such as "Stop" and "Yeild" you may need to see a doctor. Dont do drugs kidz!

BBS Signature

Response to Collaboration "Idea" Lounge. 2010-02-04 23:43:46

Somone I beileve it was my boy S3C who once said to me "Syntrus some of your music sounds like Jimi Hendrix if they gave him a keyboard and a DAW."

I took it to the next level and started calling my self the robo hendrix.

What if we ran with that idea a giant a Robotic Hendrix Robot destroying Tokyo with one of my songs in the background?

Keeping it real with fake computer music since 2006

Spotify

Lime Tea

BBS Signature

Response to Collaboration "Idea" Lounge. 2010-02-05 00:12:23

I have an idea about doing a collab based on parade floats with characters from shows, video games, and even newgrounds.

There would be music in the background as floats created by Newgrounders rolled by. :D

I can't tell if you're joking, because you never use emoticons. ~ SolidToad

BBS Signature