00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

kyzakay just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Collaboration "Idea" Lounge.

28,312 Views | 259 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Collaboration "Idea" Lounge. 2012-02-17 18:13:27

I don't suppose anyone here would be up for a Spielberg collab?

Response to Collaboration "Idea" Lounge. 2012-10-02 07:47:25

anyone up for a Halloween collab?

II II lI

BBS Signature

Response to Collaboration "Idea" Lounge. 2012-10-02 08:19:33

At 10/2/12 07:47 AM, ForNoReason wrote: anyone up for a Halloween collab?

I'm already working on one for the month but I would be down to do a short for the festivities. It would really depend on the perimeters.

Response to Collaboration "Idea" Lounge. 2012-10-02 13:29:23

What about the stuff from last year that never got submitted?

Response to Collaboration "Idea" Lounge. 2012-10-02 22:53:25

I know I'd be totally down for a Mortal Kollab

Response to Collaboration "Idea" Lounge. 2012-10-04 12:31:28

At 10/2/12 01:29 PM, ReNaeNae wrote:
What about the stuff from last year that never got submitted?

I am going to relaunch that... hopefully to get more people in it. I was just testing the waters on it pretty much.

II II lI

BBS Signature

Response to Collaboration "Idea" Lounge. 2012-10-04 21:56:24

At 10/4/12 12:31 PM, ForNoReason wrote: I am going to relaunch that... hopefully to get more people in it. I was just testing the waters on it pretty much.

Better get on it... time's a-wastin'!!! ;P

Response to Collaboration "Idea" Lounge. 2012-10-10 04:59:39

Unsure whether or not anyone has come up with this idea (knowing my luck they have) but a 'Chapter Collab' would be fairly interesting where each chapter (story telling narration) is animated by a different person each time. Although you would need a pretty good script to draw the attention of artists. I would do it myself but don't have the time.

-Sketchy

Response to Collaboration "Idea" Lounge. 2012-10-29 13:59:38

A good collab idea would be based off of a similar style that people could play around with. I'd like to make a suggestion that a "Pixel Collab" would be a good idea. No not based on pre-made, copyrighted sprites, but an actual flash extension based off of "Pixeltool."

I believe there has been on collab based on using the pixel tool: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/448135

Which I think was really inspired by rtil's Move your feet

I think that was good for 2008, but I'd be interested to see what people come up with today.

Somewhere on anipedia, I believe you can download the pixel tool. If more people were to get serious about this, I'd be happy to find the link.

I couldn't host necessarily, but would be willing to make a part for it.

Writing songs for cigarettes and credit would be cool.

BBS Signature

Response to Collaboration "Idea" Lounge. 2012-10-29 16:52:21

What about a stereotype collab?
People make animations based on stereotypes about their countries

Sorry for terrible english, i'm just a stupid Polack

Response to Collaboration "Idea" Lounge. 2012-11-09 17:49:03

Hi Newgrounds, Im thinking about doing a small pilot episode for a blood filled drugged out ninja saga Im cooking up.

The basic idea is a young Ninja from an ancient clan devoted to meditation and honing their phisical skills through traning and cronic use of the sacred Herb. He is the olnly young person in the clan, as they reject practicing sex or any other activity that may affect their purity, Hash (the young ninja) is adopted however, and so lacks this discipline and is still very new to his ninja skills.
One day a misterious group of higly druged and pumped soldiers arrive and kill the whole clan, while hash was out having fun, taking with them all the ganja harvest and burning the rest of the crops. Plagued by anger and guilt he departs in a journey seeking for revenge only to find that things are more complicated than they seemed at the monastery, and he finds himself in the middle of a war for the control of the world throught the use of a new super designer drug.

heres a small extract from the pilot episode. And a small scene from the second episode (the orc is another character) testing more or less the look I want it to have in regards of background and cleanup.

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/605721
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/601714

I would mostly need help with backround design and painting and voice acting. I would handle most of the animation

Anyone interested be sure to contact me and sorry this entry is so long

Response to Collaboration "Idea" Lounge. 2012-11-09 18:25:40

I feel like an ass for even thinking of this... but what if we came up with a collab that makes fun of 80s Boxing movies/games? You know, like Punch-Out! and Rocky and Great Fighter... Maybe add some martial arts movie references. I think that original ideas could be thrown in (no references at all), and more than enough people know how to animate someone raising their fist. I really wonder if anyone would do this however... If it does happen... I'll call it "Ringside Shenanigans."

Response to Collaboration "Idea" Lounge. 2013-05-29 12:21:27

Anyone still have any interest in a Mortal Kombat Kollab? Mixture of drawn and sprite animations and a good old fasioned fun collab? Thinking about putting it together. Just wanted to get some more feedback...

II II lI

BBS Signature

Response to Collaboration "Idea" Lounge. 2013-05-31 18:49:26

Jurgen there was a collab about this a while ago haha we were both a part of it..

"So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past."

-F. Scott Fitzgerald

BBS Signature

Response to Collaboration "Idea" Lounge. 2013-06-01 13:57:08

Assign a person to create art for each character/setting, combining them all in one animation for a sort of, "animation bar" scene.

Response to Collaboration "Idea" Lounge. 2013-06-01 20:17:44

"Chapters of our lives"
A Flash Pass of sorts.
Each animator animates a small part of a pre determined characters life.

I think that'd be a fun idea for a collaboration :)
Really I'm just dying for a collaboration to spring up that grabs the communities attention.

"So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past."

-F. Scott Fitzgerald

BBS Signature

Response to Collaboration "Idea" Lounge. 2013-06-01 20:24:17

I have design papers written up but i am no programmer...sort of looking for a team to help build a prototype of a game...

here's the overview

A 2d game based on the Zatoichi (Blind Swordsman). The game will be played on a black background, and all the characters and environments will be white (just outlines). The only other color in the game will be red for blood (option to turn off)

In order to progress in the game you must defeat all enemies within a given arena, but the catch is you can not see anything.

Boss battles will each have their own unique ability gained from the fight (i.e. sensing enemies and platforms without meditating based on the footsteps etc.

message me if interested

Collaboration

Response to Collaboration "Idea" Lounge. 2013-06-02 18:26:25

At 6/1/13 08:24 PM, djnet wrote: I have design papers written up but i am no programmer...sort of looking for a team to help build a prototype of a game...

here's the overview

A 2d game based on the Zatoichi (Blind Swordsman). The game will be played on a black background, and all the characters and environments will be white (just outlines). The only other color in the game will be red for blood (option to turn off)

In order to progress in the game you must defeat all enemies within a given arena, but the catch is you can not see anything.

Boss battles will each have their own unique ability gained from the fight (i.e. sensing enemies and platforms without meditating based on the footsteps etc.

message me if interested

Now have a voice actor and an artist.
Still looking for a programmer that can build a prototype of this game quickly. This game idea can lead to working on a game for steam iOS android maybe even console!!

Maybe also looking for leads on some good slow chill feudal japan style music from the audio portal!

Please let me know!

-DJNet

Response to Collaboration "Idea" Lounge. 2013-06-02 19:52:49

Hi everyone! I just randomly had an epiphany of the most amazing idea for a newgrounds series (at least I seem to think so :P) It's basically a series called "Project Element" that follows 4 siblings who each have the ability to control one of the elements! Here's the bad part: I have ZERO artistic talent. I can't even draw anything worth a shit, nor can I animate, or stuff like that :( but what I do have is an amazing story-telling talent! I was just wondering if there where any artists who were willing to help me out and work together to bring this to life!

Here are the notes I typed up about the gist of the beginning of the series:

Project Element

A secret task force known as "Project Element" that specializes in the capture and/or destruction of global threats which are of an abnormal persuasion.

Project Element is under the direct command of an organization known as "Omega". Omega is secretly run by a popular electronics company called "AlphaTech" owned by it's founder and CEO, Carter Maddox.

Code Name: Project Element

There are currently 4 members. They are all siblings.

There are two boys, Jimmy and Lance, and two girls, Carly and Crystal

Members of Project Element

Lance Summers
Codename: Geo
Power to shift, levitate, and transfigure the earth

Jimmy Summers
Codename: Blaze
Power to create and command fire

Carly Summers
Codename: Aero
Power to summon and control gusts of wind; can use wind for flight

Crystal Summers
Codename: Aqua
Power to control any source of water in all it's forms and can change any source of water back and forth between any of the 3 forms at will

Other Main Characters:

Carter Maddox

Matt Slade
Status: Weapons and Technology expert for Omega, most of which were invented by him in the first place.
Power: Technopath - able to control technology with only his mind, both hardware and software.
Specialties: specializes in intelligence gathering and hacking into encrypted data streams, networks, or private servers.

If you like the idea, feel free to shoot me a private message about it! I think this could turn into something really awesome :D

Response to Collaboration "Idea" Lounge. 2022-10-14 19:49:11

5 Huge Benefits of Marketing Automation call tracking