00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TwistSSD just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Writing Forum Lounge

187,125 Views | 2,353 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Writing Forum Lounge 2015-02-10 13:00:36

I'd judge some writing contests for sure, but probably wouldn't be into writing for them. I've read some amazing originals in all of the old contests I judged here.

Response to Writing Forum Lounge 2015-02-10 21:33:00

At 2/6/15 10:40 PM, TaintedLogic wrote: I want to join, but my unpredictable school schedule might get in the way. :/ Could you put me down as a maybe, please? :)

Well that sucks but 2 weeks is plenty of time for a short short story (micro fiction). As soon as you have an idea, hang on to it! Just throw it on paper and spend the rest of the time editing. I think you can knock out a 3k short story with 1 hour of writing and an hour of editing. Here's a hint for you (plus to whomever is reading): the two main criteria will be 1)romance and 2) a heart motif. Start thinking about your story now.

At 2/9/15 09:14 PM, Red-Halo wrote: Sure, I'll join a writing contest. :)

Sweet. I'm thinking of giving all participants an extra half-point for future contests to encourage participation.

At 2/10/15 01:00 PM, Fro wrote: I'd judge some writing contests for sure, but probably wouldn't be into writing for them. I've read some amazing originals in all of the old contests I judged here.

Also sweet. I'll put you down for it, man. Since there's more than one judge, I'll also offer to give some criticism on the side, although I encourage peer-review.

I have the MWC all but posted. I'm waiting to post it on Saturday morning. It will follow the format of the old contests pretty much (must be posted in the official thread, must abide by word limit, must follow prompt, etc). I'm also reducing word limit to 3.5k and disallowing fan fiction.

Giving out writing reviews to anyone who wants them (exception: poems. I'll find you).

BBS Signature

Response to Writing Forum Lounge 2015-02-12 21:26:12

At 2/10/15 09:33 PM, DeftAndEvil wrote:
Also sweet. I'll put you down for it, man. Since there's more than one judge, I'll also offer to give some criticism on the side, although I encourage peer-review.

I have the MWC all but posted. I'm waiting to post it on Saturday morning. It will follow the format of the old contests pretty much (must be posted in the official thread, must abide by word limit, must follow prompt, etc). I'm also reducing word limit to 3.5k and disallowing fan fiction.

Nice, I may have to dig out my computer then. Most of my interneting is done via iPad now, and my daughter broke my iPad keyboard about a year ago. I'll be digging it out of the closet and wiping off the cobwebs. Looking forward to reading everyone's writing!

Response to Writing Forum Lounge 2015-05-21 08:15:45

Here soon my girlfriend and daughter go out of the country for over a month. I'm really interested in doing something different for this month or at least a part of it. I won't get to many chances in my life where my responsibilities aren't to my family. I was kind of thinking of living homeless for the month and writing about it. I would still go to work since being homeless doesn't mean you don't have money or a way of supporting yourself. For some reason I really have an interest in mostly living off the grid and just seeing how freeing it would be. Would anyone be interested in that or should I do something else like fight crime and write about being a vigilante?

last part was a slight joke

Response to Writing Forum Lounge 2017-09-05 13:47:15

@jasobeluexy

You post a lot of... nonsense... what's up? Am I missing something? A lot of your posts just seem like random words put together sometimes.

Response to Writing Forum Lounge 2017-09-05 14:03:40

At 9/5/17 01:47 PM, Fro wrote: @jasobeluexy

You post a lot of... nonsense... what's up? Am I missing something? A lot of your posts just seem like random words put together sometimes.

dose wisdom make since to a fool??

The T-Technology of T-Tdoay Is the T-Technology of -Y-YOU But that Do -Y-Y-ou Even Know Who -Y-Y-ou Are.

Response to Writing Forum Lounge 2017-09-06 16:03:42

At 9/5/17 02:03 PM, jasobeluexy wrote:

dose wisdom make since to a fool??

For example, what is this nonsense?

http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1425670

Response to Writing Forum Lounge 2017-09-06 16:55:59

a ficticious awards ceremony designed to promote the people the awards are being givin to with half a joke about the whole thing...........

aka exactly what it says it is...

The T-Technology of T-Tdoay Is the T-Technology of -Y-YOU But that Do -Y-Y-ou Even Know Who -Y-Y-ou Are.

Response to Writing Forum Lounge 2017-09-06 17:11:07

At 9/6/17 04:55 PM, jasobeluexy wrote:

I guess I shall remain a fool who is not wise enough to understand your madness.

Response to Writing Forum Lounge 2017-09-06 21:28:22 (edited 2017-09-06 21:30:55)

At 9/6/17 05:11 PM, Fro wrote:
At 9/6/17 04:55 PM, jasobeluexy wrote:
I guess I shall remain a fool who is not wise enough to understand your madness.

a fools madness is when he sees himself reflected in a wise mans eyes as if it were the mirror of him which is not him with the problem

Response to Writing Forum Lounge 2017-09-08 10:09:36

At 9/8/17 09:52 AM, BoxerBraydog wrote: @DeftAndEvil I'd love to join a writing contest

The good news is there is a writing contest going on now, one that I would highly appreciate entry into. I plan on having smaller competitions throughout the months with no prizes, but with this one the top story wins $100! I'm going to see what we can do about a Christmas/Winter one as well, but this contest may depend on how many paid ones we get in the future.

Entry Thread
Comments/Questions Thread
Tom's Newspost

Also, if anyone has any ideas that could help make this forum a little more active let's talk about them in this thread.

Response to Writing Forum Lounge 2017-10-26 15:02:15

At 10/26/17 02:50 PM, BoxerBraydog wrote:
Also, if anyone has any ideas that could help make this forum a little more active let's talk about them in this thread.
Yes, I have a plan to make it more active - Forum Story sequels.

make sure to keep track of the ones that you've made just so we have record of them. Some day I do want to put them together and see what terrible mess has been created.

I think you should try some with a general theme. A zombie theme, Halloween theme, love story, adventure, murder/mystery, etc... Thoughts?

Response to Writing Forum Lounge 2022-12-23 09:14:45

At 2/7/15 06:04 PM, saucybird wrote: uhhhhhh my name is jonny and i've been writing since i was like.......13? (∪ ◡ ∪)

I'm 21 now and i've written lyrics, scripts, poems, short stories, standup jokes, html code (idk if that counts but I do it LOL), biographies, bibliographies, 1 book (with the help of like 4-5 other friends), pilots, you name it I've probably done it at some point or another. Writing is an escape for me and always has been and I hope i can make a career out of it doing something i can continue over the course of yeeeeeaaaarrs

Hi all. I also love to write and I have a good experience in this behind my back, but to be honest, I also have difficulties, especially when I come across a topic that I don’t understand. In this case, this source with examples comes to the rescue https://writinguniverse.com/free-essay-examples/god/ This greatly simplifies the writer's life, because you must agree that you need to be a genius to orient well in all possible topics.

Response to Writing Forum Lounge 2022-12-29 10:53:17

Just figured I'd drop in to say hello. Had in interest in writing since my high school days but never took it up as a consistent hobby.

Leaving the weight of the past behind, for the uncertain future.

Poem/Short story thread.

BBS Signature