The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to Writing Forum Lounge Sep. 7th, 2012 @ 04:00 PM Reply

Interview with Tom Fulp

Wanna ask the creator of Newgrounds, Tom Fulp a question? Well you can! The Interviewer is putting the power in your hands to ask the questions. Just click above!

Also yes, Tom Fulp has given permission to do this thread.

| The Interviewer | Review Terms 3.0 | [This Space For Rent ] | Club Stoic |

BBS Signature
DeftAndEvil
DeftAndEvil
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Writer
Response to Writing Forum Lounge Sep. 7th, 2012 @ 08:09 PM Reply

At 9/7/12 04:00 PM, The-Great-One wrote: Interview with Tom Fulp

Wanna ask the creator of Newgrounds, Tom Fulp a question? Well you can! The Interviewer is putting the power in your hands to ask the questions. Just click above!

Posted.

Also, most of the people who posted have the cogency of a 12 year-old girl on Facebook (a point I tried to make) and most of the questions are hopelessly inane; so, at least one (if not all) of my questions should make it through. I highly urge everyone here to post a well thought-out question, since the average level of intelligence here is at least 2 standard deviations above General's. I can't imagine anyone's question being rejected.

P.S. Sorry for that statistic joke -__-

Despite the name, I'm actually good--Deft, and good!

Giving out reviews to anyone who wants them (exception: poems. I'll find you).

BBS Signature
RedCoin
RedCoin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to Writing Forum Lounge Sep. 10th, 2012 @ 01:26 AM Reply

With a fork, you can eat a salad; with a phone you can call your friends.

BBS Signature
Sharu
Sharu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Melancholy
Response to Writing Forum Lounge Sep. 10th, 2012 @ 10:37 AM Reply

At 9/7/12 08:09 PM, DeftAndEvil wrote:

haha, that's fine, but does that make us the 95%?

"there is no true end to any fairy-tale"~ J.R.R. Tolkien

Deathcon7
Deathcon7
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Writer
Response to Writing Forum Lounge Sep. 10th, 2012 @ 04:11 PM Reply

At 9/10/12 10:37 AM, Sharu wrote:

Yes, ±5%.

DeftAndEvil
DeftAndEvil
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Writer
Response to Writing Forum Lounge Sep. 10th, 2012 @ 08:53 PM Reply

At 9/10/12 04:11 PM, Deathcon7 wrote:
At 9/10/12 10:37 AM, Sharu wrote:

Yes, Ã'±5%.

Well, (assuming normal distribution) 95% of the population lies within 2 standard deviations. That means 5% of the populations lie outside of it; 2.5% lie 2 standard deviations below, and 2.5% lie 2 standard deviations above. So, we are the 2.5%.

Of course, we are the 2.5% above.

Yee-haw!

BBS Signature
Loki
Loki
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 52
Writer
Response to Writing Forum Lounge Sep. 11th, 2012 @ 06:43 PM Reply

At 9/10/12 08:53 PM, DeftAndEvil wrote: Of course, we are the 2.5% above.

Yee-haw!

This has me hoping the Lit portal never ever comes out.

DeftAndEvil
DeftAndEvil
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Writer
Response to Writing Forum Lounge Sep. 11th, 2012 @ 08:33 PM Reply

At 9/11/12 06:43 PM, Gambit wrote:
At 9/10/12 08:53 PM, DeftAndEvil wrote: Of course, we are the 2.5% above.

Yee-haw!
This has me hoping the Lit portal never ever comes out.

Don't be selfish.

BBS Signature
DeftAndEvil
DeftAndEvil
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Writer
Response to Writing Forum Lounge Sep. 11th, 2012 @ 11:21 PM Reply

Wow. I was going through my sentbox, when I found this: my reviews for the MWC for April. The results have been announced, and I don't know when the next NG one is. Hopefully, we can come together for a Writing Forum one soon.

MWC 11 Mar/April
TOP 10
1. Fim
2. Jessprw
3. OneChance92
4. WritersBlock
5. Jucama
6. TyredSoul
7. munio
8. lemonator
9. pipboy131
10. Firestormrules

Ratings:
1. "My Junkyard Heaven" by Zippy-MyMusic

Rating: *½

2. "Untitled" by Phobotech

3. "Genesis" by Flyingdingo

4. "Elemental" by MisterRPG

Rating: **

5. "Tick the Tock" by Pipboy 131

Rating: ***½

6. "Not my fault" by "oOwunderbraOo"

Rating: **

7. "Angels with Cardboard Wings" by TyredSoul

8. "DIE HAPPY" by Jucama

9. "Year Zero" by WritersBlock

10. "Immortal" by Deadmite

Rating: **½

11. "Rain or shine, we're out in the field" by Fim

Rating: ****

12. "A Reason for Everything" by BrianEtrius

Rating: ***

13. "Roe's Wild" by Jessprw

14. "A Cat in a Tree" by Lemonator

15. "Diary Excerpts" by DasSG

16. "Untitled" by munio

17. "On the Grandiose Beat" by OneChance92

18. "Descent" by Firestormrules

As you can see, there were three four-star entries, and six three-and-a-half-star entries. I went back and read these stories; the first half were so-so and of the expected quality; the second half were dense, with strong langauge, and of superb quality. This has me pumped and excited because I have seen the result of potential; I have read the stories I know we can write. Wow.

BBS Signature
DeftAndEvil
DeftAndEvil
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Writer
Response to Writing Forum Lounge Sep. 11th, 2012 @ 11:22 PM Reply

At 9/11/12 11:21 PM, DeftAndEvil wrote: The results have *NOT been announced

Whoops! Hehe :X

BBS Signature
Lundsfryd
Lundsfryd
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Artist
Response to Writing Forum Lounge Sep. 26th, 2012 @ 06:15 AM Reply

Hi awesome writer people.. If any of you are interested then I would like some ideas for a short comic - just follow the link and read the description on the second to last image :)

link

I am just looking for some funny little inputs. Nothing big. So have a look..

World Famous Kasper Lundsfryd Illustrations
nilfisk

BBS Signature
Coop
Coop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 58
Writer
Response to Writing Forum Lounge Oct. 13th, 2012 @ 08:35 AM Reply

Here's the latest chapter of my Newgrounds / Castle Crashers fanfic, Blammer

Enjoy

Olympic standard B/Per *** Review Request Club
News
Post Stats Here!

BBS Signature
Loki
Loki
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 52
Writer
Response to Writing Forum Lounge Oct. 14th, 2012 @ 07:46 PM Reply

Officially finished my first novel. Now it's in the hands of a pro reader / corrector / reviser. Can't wait for that to be done, so I can get it published, at last....

starwarsjunkie
starwarsjunkie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Writer
Response to Writing Forum Lounge Oct. 14th, 2012 @ 09:29 PM Reply

At 10/14/12 07:46 PM, FBIpolux wrote: Officially finished my first novel. Now it's in the hands of a pro reader / corrector / reviser. Can't wait for that to be done, so I can get it published, at last....

Congrats! Good luck with getting it published!

Grungy Mech action in 1940s Russia! Read Iron and Ice!

Deathcon7
Deathcon7
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Writer
Response to Writing Forum Lounge Oct. 17th, 2012 @ 01:34 PM Reply

Sixteen days ago, I hit 9 years on this site. Wow...

Coop
Coop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 58
Writer
Response to Writing Forum Lounge Oct. 17th, 2012 @ 06:35 PM Reply

At 10/14/12 07:46 PM, FBIpolux wrote: Officially finished my first novel. Now it's in the hands of a pro reader / corrector / reviser. Can't wait for that to be done, so I can get it published, at last....

Nice. Lets hope that you don't rest on your laurels and that you continue to improve.

Is it in French or English?

News
Post Stats Here!

BBS Signature
HipnikDragomir
HipnikDragomir
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Melancholy
Response to Writing Forum Lounge Oct. 17th, 2012 @ 10:41 PM Reply

I just started (well, a couple months ago) a writing in college and it's my first time actually writing stories as opposed to making comic strips out of them. I already wrote a shitty poem and received praise for it, so I'll share that in the thread I make. I'm also working on a short story due in a week, so I'll be asking for some feedback on that.

Well, I really like reading and I much prefer it to watching mind-numbing crap on the telly. No influence, though. I've always avoided writing because my creative language - both verbal and written - is balls. That's why I'm taking Creative Writing. Get dem juices flowing.

This is my signature. It is a nice signature.

BBS Signature
HipnikDragomir
HipnikDragomir
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Melancholy
Response to Writing Forum Lounge Oct. 17th, 2012 @ 10:52 PM Reply

At 10/17/12 10:41 PM, jjjkuk wrote: I already wrote a shitty poem and received praise for it, so I'll share that in the thread I make.

Oh, whatever, here it is

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1jLgmE_pLNXjmVSdcPMA3Iaa2 vWmiRWPiie-aG1RKlUc/edit

BBS Signature
HipnikDragomir
HipnikDragomir
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Melancholy
Response to Writing Forum Lounge Oct. 17th, 2012 @ 10:53 PM Reply

At 10/17/12 10:52 PM, jjjkuk wrote:
At 10/17/12 10:41 PM, jjjkuk wrote: I already wrote a shitty poem and received praise for it, so I'll share that in the thread I make.
Oh, whatever, here it is

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1jLgmE_pLNXjmVSdcPMA3Iaa2 vWmiRWPiie-aG1RKlUc/edit

Dammit, I forgot to mention it's in iambic pentametre. I don't like it and it's really half-assed.

don't ban me, coop

BBS Signature
Loki
Loki
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 52
Writer
Response to Writing Forum Lounge Oct. 21st, 2012 @ 07:31 PM Reply

At 10/17/12 06:35 PM, Coop wrote:
Nice. Lets hope that you don't rest on your laurels and that you continue to improve.

Ain't no way that's happening! I'm planning on writing a trilogy!

Is it in French or English?

It's in French, sadly. It's my first language, and my best language. I'd be wasting my time and everyone else's if I attempted to publish a novel in English. On the good side, I am planning to get it translated!

Coop
Coop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 58
Writer
Response to Writing Forum Lounge Oct. 22nd, 2012 @ 05:06 AM Reply

At 10/21/12 07:31 PM, FBIpolux wrote:
At 10/17/12 06:35 PM, Coop wrote: Is it in French or English?
It's in French, sadly. It's my first language, and my best language. I'd be wasting my time and everyone else's if I attempted to publish a novel in English. On the good side, I am planning to get it translated!

Let's hope that the translators are better than Google Translate ;)

News
Post Stats Here!

BBS Signature
Loki
Loki
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 52
Writer
Response to Writing Forum Lounge Oct. 22nd, 2012 @ 04:40 PM Reply

At 10/22/12 05:06 AM, Coop wrote:
At 10/21/12 07:31 PM, FBIpolux wrote:
At 10/17/12 06:35 PM, Coop wrote: Is it in French or English?
Let's hope that the translators are better than Google Translate ;)

Haha yeah, well they would have to be professionals... I mean, a 12 years old would do a better job than Google. Though I won't lie, it's quite useful sometimes ! (especially for posting on NG :) )

Deathcon7
Deathcon7
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Writer
Response to Writing Forum Lounge Dec. 4th, 2012 @ 10:56 AM Reply

I leave this here because it's not worth a thread but I feel it should be said.

On Losing Faith

Next October will mark the 10th year anniversary of my being on this website. What initially began as a taste for the free adult content (particularly games like Frank's Adventure), grew into an obsession with creating my own Flash games. I wouldn't say I was a good programmer. In fact, thanks to many humbling voices, I know for sure I was never very good. But I committed to the Flash forum anyway and started "making" my own games. Unfortunately that never led anywhere. I spent the majority of my time posturing, discussing making games, but never actually made anything. In large part I owe my eventual shift of focus to the nagging of GusttheASGuy. At every turn he would undermine my posts with sharp and abrasive commentary and, I bitterly admit, he was always right. It was annoying, but I'm thankful to him because he helped me make the decision to move away from programming. I realized I wasn't giving it 100% and that I really didn't want to.

So I went from a wannabe programmer to writer. I started consuming large quantities of self help books, writing and dreaming and doing any other activities conducive to my creative inner eye. When the writing forum was opened my first reaction was excitement. And despite the ups and downs I've stuck with it as best I could because I wanted it to succeed. I spent so much time on Newgrounds, and I wanted to see this work. But it was for two selfish reasons: I wanted to have something I could do I was good at, and I wanted to finally build a name for myself.

After some introspection I now realize I've come full circle. Once again I'm spending an inordinate amount of time discussing something, trying to help other people do it, instead of doing that something myself. And thankfully I once again have a "GusttheASGuy" to keep me level. As frustrated as I can get with how abrasive mhzinski can be, I am thankful for the role he has decided to play around here. He has helped me realize no matter how hard I try, it's wasted effort.

I tried to start up the Write-Up in the hopes of doing something that would get me better involved but over the past few days I've gone from enthusiastic to indifferent. Maybe my expectations were too high, or maybe they were as high as they should be all things considered. I posted in General and the response was dismissive. In fact, the only real response was a dick pic. You can't really expect much else from General but, I mean, c'mon... this is the pool of people we pull from. Frankly speaking they're children. Frankly speaking the large majority of people here are children. At first I thought I was okay with that but I'm not. The saving grace has always been the regulars but even they have grown distant.

So that's my back-story. It has led me to this point. I've lost faith in this place. There's nothing here for me. There hasn't been for a very long time but I've stubbornly clung to Newgrounds. Out of boredom or some misplaced sense of loyalty, I don't know. My tumultuous past with this site should have been indication enough but I think it's time I make a break for it.

There are a few reasons why I'm posting this. Obviously for attention. Who doesn't like that? But also because, if I'm not mistaken, this isn't the first tantrum I've thrown. I want to make it clear this is how I feel because there will undoubtedly be loose ends. I want to encourage those loose ends to contact me. My info is in my profile. The same goes for anyone who just wants to keep in touch. And that's about it.

Good luck.

DeftAndEvil
DeftAndEvil
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Writer
Response to Writing Forum Lounge Dec. 4th, 2012 @ 09:15 PM Reply

At 12/4/12 10:56 AM, Deathcon7 wrote: ...

Man. It's been about 2 years since I joined NG. I too wanted to animate out of my love for animation but could never find the time or resources. That's the same thing that drew me to the Writing Forum. Love! (Lame, I know.)

I love literature and I love writing. I love reading too, but I feel like my attention span has diminished over time (the last book I read all the way was A Clockwork Orange, like 1 year ago. I've tried to read Candide, Walden, Cosmos, The Origins of Species, and even shorter works like Nightfall (the collection), and A Room of One's Own, but I keep putting them down...).

What's keeping me on the Writing Forum? I mean, my time is much better devoted to reading literature I know to be damn good. The main thing, I suppose, is ego. I feel that I am pretty good at recognizing weakness in a story, and I get a certain ego boost reviewing someone's story and telling them what worked and what didn't. I like being an "elite" regular, if you will. Then of course, there is respect for the craft and trying to educate others while also learning from others. There's loyalty to the Writing Forum (I have little-to-no loyalty to NG; I like Tom and respect him, but this place is an intellectual wasteland. Call me elitist, pompous, delusional, or whatever, but this place is full of intellectual inferiors). There's boredom. And, there's a chance to help others, which is probably the one I like best.

In regards to faith, I too find myself slipping. I pride myself in patience and rationality, but my mettle has been pretty weak as of late. I'm bitter and disillusioned and a bit smug. I've always had a bitter dislike of general and I'll never pass an opportunity to speak ill of them (if anyone would like to defend them, go ahead. I've got nothin' but time, baby). But, the Writing Forum has always been different, and will always be different. Even though some of the people who trickle operate under my standard of "intelligent" (which is extremely objective, but I still consider to be reasonable) they are more rounded and intelligent than most people on the Internet, and I respect them. And, I have a deep respect for characters such as yourself, mhzinski, starwars, 4, Ekublai, Coop, and Brian and ZeeAk. My faith in the Writing Forum resides in people such as ourselves. Without this strong core, this forum is just as inane and pointless as the rest.

Without that, my faith in this place is as good as dead as Dillinger. I'm not sure if staying here is worth it--you're right; it's more of a loose forum for us regulars. Without the Writing Forum, nothing really changes, especially if we stay in touch. But, you have been the one pillar since I've been here. I've grown as a writer and as a person, and I've grown wiser, too. I do consider myself another pillar of the Writing Forum (I think about 730 of my posts are in the Writing Forum, much more than anybody else). Really, the only two "regulars" are yourself and I. Without us, the Writing Forum would devolve into a waste.

In the end, that's sort of my final reason. I have a somewhat misplaced obligation or duty to keep this place alive, to make sure that the standard here never drops to that of General. If you leave, it will be a grand shame. But, I will always be here, parting wisdom and injecting intellect wherever I can. The Writing Forum is a safe haven for me to be smart and speak honestly and somewhat loftily. I'm sure many of you can sympathize with me: we are too smart for our own good. I'm used to being the smartest person in the room. When someone says something stupid, or incorrect, I want to yell in their face to pick up a fucking book and study; if you want to watch television, watch something educational or worthwhile; same thing with music. Again, it may be ego, or delusion, but I guess it's the truth.

That's my rant. I have feeling that this isn't the end, though. If it is, good luck, my friend, and peace.

BBS Signature
4urentertainment
4urentertainment
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Game Developer
Response to Writing Forum Lounge Dec. 5th, 2012 @ 04:38 AM Reply

At 12/4/12 10:56 AM, Deathcon7 wrote:
I leave this here because it's not worth a thread but I feel it should be said.
On Losing Faith

I think I can sympathize with you. I was in the same position, perhaps a few years later. Trying to be a programmer and GustTheASGuy dissing my every attempt and calling me an "idiot". And eventually I realized he was usually right.

There's a lot of people like this. I have a friend in real life like this as well. They can have this sort of "binary vision", where something is either complete shit, or the greatest thing ever. There is no in-between, and you stay at it, working hard, because you know you could eventually fall into their latter category. And they'd keep calling your work shit, but you know you're improving.

But I stuck with it. I could never impress Gus, as he left NG some time ago. However, I eventually managed to impress this real-life friend who had these perfectionist standards.

As frustrated as I can get with how abrasive mhzinski can be, I am thankful for the role he has decided to play around here. He has helped me realize no matter how hard I try, it's wasted effort.

And that's the thing. You only feel it's wasted effort. I remember reading this biography about Steve Jobs, and how he also had this twisted binary vision of the world, and would assume everyone's work was shit unless proven otherwise.

I've always seen you as an awesome writer, and I've always enjoyed reading your work, ever since the early beginnings of these MWC's, and I remember you were among the writers I was intimidated by. I'm not aware of the work you do outside of NG, but I really think you could shape the future of NG's writing community here.

NG's writing community is in a very sensitive state right now. It was once flourishing to an extent, but it has died and now is the rebirth. The hardest thing is gaining traction, and we'll eventually get it, with there being a literature portal in the works. It's just a matter of time. We can either wait for that to happen, or nurture a writing community that could flourish once the gates of a new portal open.

I tried to start up the Write-Up in the hopes of doing something that would get me better involved but over the past few days I've gone from enthusiastic to indifferent

The thing is, that write up is a pretty experimental kind of contest, and it's usually harder to get people to join such things.

I think the problem is that the contest thread itself looks scary. There's a lot of text, and a huge deadline, implying a high standard of submissions that could scare off a lot of people. And sure, this is a writing contest, so the writers could at least be expected to read the contest's rules and whatnot, but I'm not sure if we're there yet.

Also, the general forum is like this awful, secluded, dark corner on Newgrounds. All of the website is filled with these creative, talented and (mostly) nice individuals, and the players and the userbase who love and support Newgrounds. Then there are these bunch of people, with ad-blockers, who don't play the games nor watch the movies, who just hang around the general forum. (Not that everyone there is like that, but still)

I don't consider the general forum a part of Newgrounds. It only taints its image. You could post this in the art, animation or flash forums, and you'd get way better support.

I also think the only thing you really needed to do was tell Tom about it so he mentions it in a post on the front page.

We could try sizing down the experiment. Instead of a 3 month project about game design documents and movie scripts, perhaps try something shorter and more concentrated, something to tie together the corners of newgrounds.

Do you remember the movie jam? Writers filled a thread with these short movie ideas, and animators animated them in 3 days. It worked because anyone could join, it would only take a few minutes or hours to write something, and animators weren't burdened because the script was only a short premise that they could interpret as they wished rather than a 5 minute movie on which they'd have to work for months on.

Perhaps you could try organizing a game jam? Where, like the movie jam, writers would plot out ideas and game mechanics, and developers would have to choose something from that. I think that could be really fun. It would be amazing for people to see their ideas being brought to life, and it would be fun for developers to be able to choose from a variety of game ideas.

Sure, there would be no detailed writing in the conventional sense, more like ideas being thrown around. But this is what the writing forum is about. Both for encouraging literature and the creative design that could be manifested in games and movies.

I even remember Tom saying one of the main reasons for a lit portal is to be able to upload a post-mortem of a game, and tie it with the submission, which would encourage more developers to write about how their game did and the process behind it.

I think you can do something here. We just need to keep trying.

starwarsjunkie
starwarsjunkie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Writer
Response to Writing Forum Lounge Dec. 5th, 2012 @ 08:29 PM Reply

At 12/4/12 10:56 AM, Deathcon7 wrote:
On Losing Faith

What initially began as a taste for the free adult content (particularly games like Frank's Adventure),

Heh, I remember those.

But it was for two selfish reasons: I wanted to have something I could do I was good at, and I wanted to finally build a name for myself.

That's more or less the same reasons why I started coming here. I just kinda decided to start writing, I was already an NG member, and whoa, there's a writing forum! I had the same selfish desire, to have my writing be seen. But I think that's what everybody uses NG for.

After some introspection I now realize I've come full circle. Once again I'm spending an inordinate amount of time discussing something, trying to help other people do it, instead of doing that something myself. And thankfully I once again have a "GusttheASGuy" to keep me level. As frustrated as I can get with how abrasive mhzinski can be, I am thankful for the role he has decided to play around here. He has helped me realize no matter how hard I try, it's wasted effort.

No such wasted thing as wasted effort if you're actually writing. I saw your updated profile page. One thing I realized while doing Nanowrimo is that you are a writer if you just do it. One year ago I had never tried to write anything other then papers for school. Now, I have most of a novel finished, and a bunch of short stories. I am a writer. I have written things. Some of them are online here. I'm not getting paid for it, I can't quit my day job yet, but I still consider myself a writer. I haven't done all the research on it that you have, and I don't have the same grasp of literary merit that deft and you guys all have, but I'm still chugging away at the keyboard.

And I consider you to be a writer. A damn good one if the things you've uploaded are something to judge by. So stop worrying about what effort is worth it or not, and just step back and realize: If you write things, you are a writer. Simple as that. I have noticed that once I started "actually" writing, I had less time to spend on the forum reading other people's stuff, but that's just the way it is. I still like to come here and give and receive feedback though.

I tried to start up the Write-Up in the hopes of doing something that would get me better involved but over the past few days I've gone from enthusiastic to indifferent. Maybe my expectations were too high, or maybe they were as high as they should be all things considered. I posted in General and the response was dismissive. In fact, the only real response was a dick pic. You can't really expect much else from General but, I mean, c'mon... this is the pool of people we pull from. Frankly speaking they're children. Frankly speaking the large majority of people here are children. At first I thought I was okay with that but I'm not. The saving grace has always been the regulars but even they have grown distant.

I've never been to general. But this is how I look at NG. It is the internet in microcosm. Most of the stuff is stupid, derivative, or unoriginal. But there are shiny gems of awesome too. This theory holds true for just about every medium, genre, or form of entertainment. So yea, lots of the people are 13 year olds with nothing important to say, but they'll grow up one day. And when they do maybe they'll be cool and intelligent. Or maybe not.

There are a few reasons why I'm posting this. Obviously for attention. Who doesn't like that? But also because, if I'm not mistaken, this isn't the first tantrum I've thrown. I want to make it clear this is how I feel because there will undoubtedly be loose ends. I want to encourage those loose ends to contact me. My info is in my profile. The same goes for anyone who just wants to keep in touch. And that's about it.

Good luck.

I'd be sad to see you go, man. You've given a lot of people a lot of good advice. I'm one of em. I'm sure I speak for a lot of people when I say that we'll keep the forum up and running in case you decide to come back!

warror
warror
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Artist
Response to Writing Forum Lounge Dec. 6th, 2012 @ 12:44 PM Reply

i have written some new stories and i wanted to post them,but the shy part that im having trouble with is that they are My little pony based.

And i dont know how many ppl would even pay attention to it.

well like someone else told me a long time ago

"if they read it they read it" if they dont, they dont"

so dont be surprised when you guys see a MLP story or two ok?

TUNI PEACE
Tapping the fingers for art and laughs.

BBS Signature
starwarsjunkie
starwarsjunkie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Writer
Response to Writing Forum Lounge Dec. 6th, 2012 @ 11:35 PM Reply

At 12/6/12 12:44 PM, warror wrote: i have written some new stories and i wanted to post them,but the shy part that im having trouble with is that they are My little pony based.

We will not. You're not the first to put MLP stuff here. I can't guarantee a reception though.

warror
warror
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Artist
Response to Writing Forum Lounge Dec. 7th, 2012 @ 12:52 AM Reply

At 12/6/12 11:35 PM, starwarsjunkie wrote:
At 12/6/12 12:44 PM, warror wrote: i have written some new stories and i wanted to post them,but the shy part that im having trouble with is that they are My little pony based.
We will not. You're not the first to put MLP stuff here. I can't guarantee a reception though.

Well like i said if they read it they read it... but you did make me feel better about it :)

I'll post it and then sit on it for a week to see how many people respond to it.

no im not the best writer or artist. but i love to write and im a fan of many things. from x-men to MLP. I love rock music and classical.

i just want to share my ideas like any other writer. i might get like 3 people that like it and that will be enough for me :)

p.s. is there still a writing review tread?

TUNI PEACE
Tapping the fingers for art and laughs.

BBS Signature
EKublai
EKublai
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Animator
Response to Writing Forum Lounge Dec. 7th, 2012 @ 10:31 PM Reply

WHOA WHOA WHOA, guys. Don't go yet! Seriously, I find kindred spirits in all of you in one way or another. I need a make to make sure we keep in contact. The best way to succeed in the writing world is to know other writers.

BBS Signature