New Topic Respond to this Topic
Crabcruncher81
Crabcruncher81
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Writing Forum Lounge Sep. 30th, 2011 @ 11:57 AM Reply

Hi All, new to the forum and have stuck a story up here (http://crabcruncher81.newgrounds.com/). All are welcome to have a look and comment...apologies for the grammer as it's not great.

I've wanted to write a for a long time, but to be honest can't finish anything I type so this is one of the first I've managed. Love to read Mervyn Peake and used to read the books where you roll a dice to find out if you live or die (what were they called?!).

Anyway hope all's well.

numbers
numbers
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to Writing Forum Lounge Oct. 1st, 2011 @ 02:38 AM Reply

Ever feel like you're on the constant verge of breaking through your barriers and redeveloping yourself as an artist/writer at the moment of composition; that intangible wave of an ascending climax of absolute Truth of your creative fibre so close to shattering the frontiers of your mind's limits...

and when you're finished it reads like the same piece you wrote last?

That's fucked up.
Damn writing.
Damn it to Hades.

it feels redundant to eat a bacon&sausage ham sandwich... but it's soooooo good.

Fro
Fro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Filmmaker
Response to Writing Forum Lounge Nov. 3rd, 2011 @ 12:57 PM Reply

Okay, I'm going to start writing a book. I've been planning and getting ideas for about two years now and I finally think I have enough to create something long enough to become an actual novel. If the planning took that long I can only imagine how long the writing process will take since I work full time. It will literally be me only working about an hour a day on the days that I work and for several hours on my days off.

BBS Signature
Abuelodigital17
Abuelodigital17
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Artist
Response to Writing Forum Lounge Nov. 4th, 2011 @ 05:04 PM Reply

At 11/3/11 12:57 PM, Fro wrote: Okay, I'm going to start writing a book. I've been planning and getting ideas for about two years now and I finally think I have enough to create something long enough to become an actual novel. If the planning took that long I can only imagine how long the writing process will take since I work full time. It will literally be me only working about an hour a day on the days that I work and for several hours on my days off.

I know how you feel. I've been planning / editing a story since 2009. I've finally written the first paragraph. I've scrapped about two thirds of the original storyline (plot holes, too many artistic licenses, derivative stuff...).
Just because the planning took a long time doesn't mean writing it will take forever, especially if you write a bit every day like you plan to do. So don't be discouraged, it's the quality of the final product that is important, not how long it takes to complete it. Good luck!

I hear voices... and they don't like you
Take a look, leave a comment and whatnot. | Peer support crew. | MA crew.

BBS Signature
ZJ
ZJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to Writing Forum Lounge Nov. 4th, 2011 @ 05:33 PM Reply

At 11/3/11 12:57 PM, Fro wrote: Okay, I'm going to start writing a book.

Can I have a small cameo in it?

Sig by Some Guy - AMA
Formerly PuddinN64 - Portal, BBS, Icon, and Chat Mod
"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out WhatTheDo & Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature
Atlas
Atlas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Musician
Response to Writing Forum Lounge Nov. 5th, 2011 @ 12:25 AM Reply

Hey would I be considered a regular here in the Writing forum?

Steam | Letterboxd | AllPoetry | Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature
BandSreviews
BandSreviews
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Writing Forum Lounge Nov. 5th, 2011 @ 12:30 PM Reply

Hello my name is Benjamin. I enjoy to write, make movies, run podcasts, read writings by other people, and work with people who want help and or suggestion on their writing projects. Pm if you want to work with me on your projects and or want to talk about your works on a podcast I run with a few friends. More than happy to get the word out on fellow writers. Great club and I hope you all have a great day. KEEP WRITING!

DeftAndEvil
DeftAndEvil
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Writer
Response to Writing Forum Lounge Nov. 5th, 2011 @ 02:08 PM Reply

At 11/5/11 12:25 AM, J-Rex wrote: Hey would I be considered a regular here in the Writing forum?

I suppose. I've seen you here since about the time I've been here. As long as you continually read and critique others, as well as write and submit pieces, you are a regular in my book.

At 11/3/11 12:57 PM, Fro wrote: Okay, I'm going to start writing a book.

Nanowrimo? I am totally going for it this year.

Despite the name, I'm actually good--Deft, and good!

Giving out reviews to anyone who wants them (exception: poems. I'll find you).

BBS Signature
Atlas
Atlas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Musician
Response to Writing Forum Lounge Nov. 5th, 2011 @ 02:30 PM Reply

Cool. So who here submitted a piece in the Halloween contest?

I did.

Steam | Letterboxd | AllPoetry | Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature
DeftAndEvil
DeftAndEvil
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Writer
Response to Writing Forum Lounge Nov. 5th, 2011 @ 04:41 PM Reply

At 11/5/11 12:30 PM, BandSreviews wrote: Hello my name is Benjamin...

Hey, nice to meet you. I look forward to seeing you on the forum.

BBS Signature
Loki
Loki
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Writer
Response to Writing Forum Lounge Nov. 6th, 2011 @ 01:21 AM Reply

At 11/3/11 12:57 PM, Fro wrote: Okay, I'm going to start writing a book. I've been planning and getting ideas for about two years now and I finally think I have enough to create something long enough to become an actual novel. If the planning took that long I can only imagine how long the writing process will take since I work full time. It will literally be me only working about an hour a day on the days that I work and for several hours on my days off.

Years, it'll take years. I've been working on my books for... 3-4 years? I've lost count. And it'll take a bunch more years before I'm done.

ArmouredGRIFFON
ArmouredGRIFFON
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Reader
Response to Writing Forum Lounge Nov. 6th, 2011 @ 10:44 AM Reply

At 11/6/11 01:21 AM, FBIpolux wrote: Years, it'll take years. I've been working on my books for... 3-4 years? I've lost count. And it'll take a bunch more years before I'm done.

The thrill is in the chase!

Your friendly neighbourhood devils advocate.

BBS Signature
paradigmvulpes
paradigmvulpes
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Gamer
Response to Writing Forum Lounge Nov. 19th, 2011 @ 08:39 AM Reply

hey, I'm somewhat new here, what a year since sign-up. i try to participate in this forum often, I've been involved in a story or two. i don't know if you saw the fantasy story thread a few months ago, i wrote in flint, the human. i also wrote in logic's zombie survival reboot, but came across a problem i run into very often, i lose interest and stop writing, i don't even kill off my character, i'm working on it.
Anyways, i use this forum often, I've put out a poem here and there. but regardless, my favorite thing in this forum is group writing projects where multiple people form there own character in a story, speaking of which, i am organizing one of these, its call the "friction starter" thread. i would appreciate some input, maybe some submissions, I've only really had one person respond, although they are extremely helpful, i posted to this site for variety, to help me not lose interest in the story, but i didn't post here to advertise a thread ( maybe a little) i just try to involve myself in NG's writing community, and this seems like a good way to go about it.

-Paradigmvulpes

Loki
Loki
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Writer
Response to Writing Forum Lounge Nov. 21st, 2011 @ 12:03 AM Reply

So my friend, who's a writer, and who I call my mentor, because he helps me out a lot with my writing, told me today that my writing had improved a good 95% since the last time he read my stuff, last year.

That means a lot to me o_o

ZJ
ZJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to Writing Forum Lounge Nov. 21st, 2011 @ 01:19 PM Reply

At 11/21/11 12:03 AM, FBIpolux wrote: So my friend, who's a writer, and who I call my mentor, because he helps me out a lot with my writing, told me today that my writing had improved a good 95% since the last time he read my stuff, last year.

That means a lot to me o_o

Do you think it's more about your actual style improving or being defined or the fact that you're tackling more interesting and/or memorable topics? Judging writing is such a tricky thing because it can be pretty subjective in a lot of cases...

Sig by Some Guy - AMA
Formerly PuddinN64 - Portal, BBS, Icon, and Chat Mod
"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out WhatTheDo & Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature
Loki
Loki
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Writer
Response to Writing Forum Lounge Nov. 21st, 2011 @ 08:57 PM Reply

At 11/21/11 01:19 PM, ZJ wrote: Do you think it's more about your actual style improving or being defined or the fact that you're tackling more interesting and/or memorable topics? Judging writing is such a tricky thing because it can be pretty subjective in a lot of cases...

Just my grammar in general.

French is a REALLY hard language. I consider myself really good at it, but I still have a lot to learn, and I'm constantly learning.

JohnEndel959
JohnEndel959
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Writer
Response to Writing Forum Lounge Nov. 29th, 2011 @ 12:37 AM Reply

At 11/21/11 08:57 PM, FBIpolux wrote:
At 11/21/11 01:19 PM, ZJ wrote: Do you think it's more about your actual style improving or being defined or the fact that you're tackling more interesting and/or memorable topics? Judging writing is such a tricky thing because it can be pretty subjective in a lot of cases...
Just my grammar in general.

French is a REALLY hard language. I consider myself really good at it, but I still have a lot to learn, and I'm constantly learning.

Nice, dude. I'm doing my best to master the English language, I'm not even TRYING to really learn any other language. There's Latin, but that's more for SAT prep than anything...

Grammar can be difficult, but I think I've almost mastered it in English, at least. On my last essay I only had two mechanics errors, one of which was a contraction. Shouldn't proofread things late at night...

Sig by Byteslinger.
Writing by John Endel.
Zombie Story! <= read it! Nuclear Apocalypse Story! <= read this too!

BBS Signature
Fro
Fro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Filmmaker
Response to Writing Forum Lounge Nov. 30th, 2011 @ 04:31 PM Reply

As an update for those of you who saw that I was writing a book. I've started a kickstarter to help fund the project. Any donations, sharing of the link, or publicity in any manner would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1298 272589/deceptive-harmony

BBS Signature
StrapOnFetus
StrapOnFetus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Writing Forum Lounge Dec. 2nd, 2011 @ 03:26 PM Reply

I always have loved writing; and my creative writing teacher back in high school, was hot as hell. I am the purveyor of the weird and strange...

Writing Forum Lounge

Coop
Coop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 59
Writer
Response to Writing Forum Lounge Dec. 2nd, 2011 @ 06:35 PM Reply

At 11/30/11 04:31 PM, Fro wrote: As an update for those of you who saw that I was writing a book. I've started a kickstarter to help fund the project. Any donations, sharing of the link, or publicity in any manner would be greatly appreciated.

Best of luck with that - I would donate, but I have no money :(

At 12/2/11 03:26 PM, StrapOnFetus wrote: I always have loved writing; and my creative writing teacher back in high school, was hot as hell. I am the purveyor of the weird and strange...

So you post a picture of Sir Anthony Hopkins? I'd have been more interested in a picture of your creative writing teacher :P

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey
News
#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature
Fro
Fro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Filmmaker
Response to Writing Forum Lounge Dec. 8th, 2011 @ 10:54 AM Reply

These two contests still need to be judged. If you would like to judge these contests please send me a PM so I can organize the process with you. I'm looking for at least two judges that feel like that can take a week on each thread to judge the stories. Only serious inquiries please.

http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1221 782

http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1234 216

BBS Signature
WritersBlock
WritersBlock
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Writer
Response to Writing Forum Lounge Dec. 10th, 2011 @ 09:21 AM Reply

Hey guys,

It feels like this year in writing on Newgrounds has gone pretty slow. Maybe that's because I haven't been around much, haven't been paying a great deal of attention to it but it still feels like this place is yet to really take off. Well, for one thing, the literature portal hasn't popped up yet. I must admit, I'm not as excited about it as I used to be. But I'll still probably put some of my stuff up when it does get there, maybe even spend a bit more time on Newgrounds in general.

It's pretty disappointing to see the time taken to judge competitions just keeps getting longer and longer. I must admit, I'd forgotten about the competition I entered toward the start of the year. And the writing anthology seems to be pretty stop and start too.

I don't really know what to say, as I (along with a lot of other people here) have just been busy with other stuff. If only half the amazing, brilliant, exiting stuff going on would work its way over here.

My year can pretty much be summed up as: reading, writing, editing, workshopping, studying, working and networking. I can't remember if I've mentioned this before, but I'm occasionally writing articles for the website Bizarro Central (NSFW: I suppose I should mention that some of the stuff they post may occasionally be graphic/violent or graphic/sexual), and I've had a few short stories published on Bizarro Central, the New Flesh, and the Mustache Factor, which can be found here.

I finished my third year of creative writing at uni, and the final product of my major project was this bizarro space western ebook. Half way through next year, I'll start creative writing honours, and at the end of next year there's a good chance I'll be going to America (Portland, Oregon, specifically) to attend BizarroCon, meet up with publishers, editors and writers, and get my first book into print. At the moment I've got working drafts of a couple of novellas that I'll start refining and getting toward publication-stage next year.

At the moment, I'm occasionally doing a copy-editing job for Eraserhead Press, getting some good experience there. The first book I helped copy-edit came out last month, Trashland A Go-Go, and it's pretty wild and entertaining.

I'm also currently participating in an online workshop run by Jeremy C Shipp. It's been pretty good so far, and in January I'll be doing a workshop run by Garrett Cook.

Currently, all my time is being put into things that will help give me industry experience for once I get out of uni and start looking for a job (ideally in the writing field). I've met (well, communicated online with) some pretty awesome writers and editors over the past 12 months or so, which certainly wouldn't have happened without the internet. And to me, getting plenty of writing experience under my belt on Newgrounds was a pretty big part of that.

I'm glad to hear a few of you guys have got big projects in the works that seem to be going somewhere. :)

READ: "A Fear of Great Heights" and other forthcoming adventures right HERE
Signature Picture by: Spartan204

BBS Signature
DimitriYakol
DimitriYakol
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Writing Forum Lounge Dec. 12th, 2011 @ 01:51 PM Reply

I actually am about to finish the third book in a trilogy that I have been writing for the past 2 years. The only problem have is killing the main villain. He has to die, but he is so awesome and one of the characters that I am most proud of so it kind of gut wrenching to be killing him off. I personally find two things to be hardest for me as a writer. One, to start the story just initial dialogue or setting to get the ball rolling and Two, coming to an end without the cliche happy ending. I personally hate those where the heroes all live and without any scars to show.

As for reading I've been delving into my super childish side and picked up the two new transformers books by Alex Irvine called Exodus and Exile. they really delve into the War for Cybertron and how characters like Megatron and Optimus came to be. It may seem childish ,but if you love fantasy at all pick up these book they are amazing. They have rich history, actually make sense, and there are no humans in it at all. (which I think to be a huge plus. They cause too much drama when you really just want to know more about the giant fucking robots that are fucking shit up)

As for a question I want to pose, I am currently running out of fantasy books to read. I love reading them to spawn new ideas for characters. Any suggestions?

With Madness in Mind
Dimitri Yakol

Coop
Coop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 59
Writer
Response to Writing Forum Lounge Dec. 13th, 2011 @ 07:13 AM Reply

At 12/12/11 01:51 PM, DimitriYakol wrote: As for a question I want to pose, I am currently running out of fantasy books to read. I love reading them to spawn new ideas for characters. Any suggestions?

Fantasy is a huge gamut of subjects within the genre, so I'll throw a few out there for your delectation:

Saga of the Exiles, by Julian May - modern futuristic people choosing to live lives six million years in the past. It's a one way ticket, though things in the past are very different to the way they thought they would be.

Dragons of Pern, by the late Anne McCaffrey - fantasy setting on a backwater planet, known as Pern, where the populace befriend dragons, with a mind link, forging very strong bonds. They fight thread - a destructive organism from deep space, that migrates from the red star, orbiting the planet strangely.

Legend, by David Gemmell - Fantastic tale of heroism about Druss, the hero from decades ago, who above all else succeeded at not dying. Now he returns for one last battle.

Wolf of the Plains, by Conn Iggulden - Ghengis Khan wasn't always the legend. His is born in the cauldron of the Mongolian plains, as he strives to unite the tribes. Based on cold historical fact, but brought to life by Iggulden's fantastic imagination, this is truly great.

Good Omens, by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman - The world is due to end next Saturday, about tea time. At least, according to the Nice and Accurate Prophecies of Agnes Nutter, Witch. A demon, and angel, their overlords and a supporting cast of humans gives life to the funniest take on the apocalypse there will ever be. Dark, hilarious and surprisingly deep, this rollercoaster is the book I've read quite a few times and it's starting to look a little sorry for itself.

The Hollow Chocolate Bunnies of the Apocalypse, by Robert Rankin. This man is insane. There is no other word to describe a man who would set a murder mystery in Toy City (formerly toytown). Eddie Bear and his comedy sidekick, Jack are tasked with working out who is assassinating Pre Pubescent Personalities, before Toy City completely runs out of them. The trutyh is stranger than fiction... or is it?

That should give you something to go with for now.

News
#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature
WritersBlock
WritersBlock
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Writer
Response to Writing Forum Lounge Dec. 13th, 2011 @ 10:34 AM Reply

At 12/13/11 07:13 AM, Coop wrote: The Hollow Chocolate Bunnies of the Apocalypse, by Robert Rankin. This man is insane. There is no other word to describe a man who would set a murder mystery in Toy City (formerly toytown). Eddie Bear and his comedy sidekick, Jack are tasked with working out who is assassinating Pre Pubescent Personalities, before Toy City completely runs out of them. The trutyh is stranger than fiction... or is it?

This one sounds interesting. Over the past year, "insane" is probably the best way to summarise my reading habits.

I'm currently reading a graphic novel, The Filth, by Grant Morrison, and a novel called Cthulhu Comes to the Vampire Kingdom, by Cameron Pierce. The Filth is more sci-fi, by Vampire Kingdom is a sort of surreal fantasy. I prefer my fantasy to be on the surreal/stranger side. I never really got into the archaic dragons and elves, medieval, dungeons and dragons, lord of the rings type fantasy. I was always more interested in the Alice in Wonderland type fantasies.

Hollow Chocolate Bunnies kind of reminds me of a bizarro noir novel I read recently called Jimmy Plush: Teddy Bear Detective, by Garrett Cook.

I've also heard Jeff VanderMeer's novel Finch is a sort of fantasy noir that's supposed to be really good. I bought it not too long ago and I'm hoping to get into it some time over the holidays.

China Mieville's a bit like that too, I think. I started reading his novel Kraken a little while ago, which was really good so far, but I got caught up with reading other books and I haven't gotten around to finishing it off. It's high on my priorities though. And I really want to get around to reading his steampunk fantasy novel, Perdido Street Station.

My recommendations for good weird fantasy would be to check out the books coming out of the "Bizarro" and "New Weird" literary movements.

READ: "A Fear of Great Heights" and other forthcoming adventures right HERE
Signature Picture by: Spartan204

BBS Signature
DeftAndEvil
DeftAndEvil
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Writer
Response to Writing Forum Lounge Dec. 15th, 2011 @ 12:48 PM Reply

So, since finals are over for me, I was thinking about reviving the weekly writing exercises. It would be a good excuse for me and others to write some short short stories as well as grow as writers and refine our skills, as well as have someone read your stories. I don't want to put the effort into it unless 3 or 4 people, hopefully more, show at least some interest of participating, which was the downfall of the last WWE (I think it needs a new name!). I would make a new thread each week, ask people to post directly into the thread, and give a thorough examination of each one and hope for some reciprocity. I'm not a writing teacher, so I will research whatever the topic is beforehand and try to share the knowledge.

Anyone interested at all? or got some good suggestions?

BBS Signature
Sharu
Sharu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Melancholy
Response to Writing Forum Lounge Dec. 15th, 2011 @ 01:06 PM Reply

I'm almost on break, and totally interested! I did some of the early ones, and they were really fun. I don't have any ideas right now, but I'm sure I could come up with a prompt later.

"there is no true end to any fairy-tale"~ J.R.R. Tolkien

DeftAndEvil
DeftAndEvil
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Writer
Response to Writing Forum Lounge Dec. 15th, 2011 @ 01:31 PM Reply

At 12/15/11 01:06 PM, Sharu wrote: I'm almost on break, and totally interested! I did some of the early ones, and they were really fun. I don't have any ideas right now, but I'm sure I could come up with a prompt later.

Nice. I am still unsure what the format will be, but I was hoping something like this:

On Monday, I post the prompt, as well as some tips, directions, limitations (probably 300-1k words, and depending on the prompt, I might as for a specific genre) and some links to where I got the ideas and where you can find help. Then, I ask that by the following Wednesday, all stories be submitted, then I will spend Thursday and Friday reading them. Then on Sunday I will wrap up and give a preview of the next day's topic, and maybe post a "best of" or "most improvement" or "biggest surprise" or even something like "best use of double entendres" (depending on the topic); things like that ought to keep things interesting and hopefully keep participants around.

Also, I was thinking of making a Monthly Writing Exercise every 4th week, which would ask the participants to create a longer story (1.5k-3k words) incorporating elements and techniques we have used and studied and I would give direction based on observations (if I noticed that someone kept using active voice for a weak character during a dialogue exercise, I would advise them to use passive voice, etc.). I guess that I would announce that one on week 3 and ask people to turn them in on Monday of week 4 so I could have the results by the next 4 week cycle, maybe ranking the entries, or maybe not, I still can't decide.

Of course this would be just for fun, and I am still having trouble finding something that would not only attract members, but also keep them around!

BBS Signature
Delacroix
Delacroix
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to Writing Forum Lounge Dec. 15th, 2011 @ 01:39 PM Reply

Hello, the name's Delacroix. As you can see, I joined early in 2005, but I've been to and from Newgrounds over the years. Spent some time over at deviantArt, but I've since deactivated my account there, as ultimately I felt out of place. I did enter some literature pieces, but they were rather short, as I can't seem to come up with anything of any decent length.

Still, anyway, nice to meet you all. :)

BBS Signature
Coop
Coop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 59
Writer
Response to Writing Forum Lounge Dec. 15th, 2011 @ 05:30 PM Reply

Well, it seemed like there was no better place to put this - kind of wanted it a little more public than the News Posts, but somewhere where I won't have to see it every day, but as some f you may be aware, today was my Uncle's funeral.

Hard to think really that someone whom you've known all of your life had such a lot going on in theirs, that you feel like you hardly knew them. Considering that he had such a sporting background, I'm more surprised to see that his son hasn't taken up much in the way of sport, with karate only becoming a recent trend in his interests.

You really never know what you're going to get, on an emotional level, as each person's life touches every other person in a different way. The church was rammed, with so many people eager to pay their last respects to a respected teacher, devoted father and passionate sportsman. A lot of his former colleagues (some of whom had taught me in the past, which provided a few awkward moments!) turned out and I was happy to see them, albeit sad due to the circumstances.

His passion for Canada is the larger legacy he left me with, as my feelings for the country and its national sport have become so great over the past decade that I only hope he was able to see how I progressed from his passion to my own. Someday, perhaps I'll get to travel back there, as since I made the trip while he was out there, the world has seemingly become a much smaller place.

He had a lot of control over his funeral, knowing that the writing was on the wall for him - not my own choice, as I'd rather be around those I love, having them remind me of the good times, while I was still with them, so at a time like a funeral, they can say what they liked - If I were there to hear, maybe I'd be happier to know that.

In the words of Yogi Berra, "I try to go to other people's funerals, otherwise they might not come to mine." In a way, it's true, but he said it in a silly way. Nobody's perfect, eh?

I hope that my cousins and my aunt are alright, though the release of the emotion will have done a lot to help them. Still, if they want to head to a secluded hill and just shout about how unjust the world is, I'll be happy to drive them there.

It's been a trying day and I just felt that I should say something...

News
#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature