Kajenx
Kajenx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Writing Forum Lounge Jan. 26th, 2010 @ 08:32 PM Reply

Oh god, this is on page 4 already!

Well I might grease my chops on this forum. I haven't done enough writing of late...

BBS Signature
Reaperyami
Reaperyami
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Voice Actor
Response to Writing Forum Lounge Jan. 26th, 2010 @ 08:33 PM Reply

Ahoy, the name's Reaperyami and I've been writing probably since 7th grade. It's one of the outlets I use for my creativity.(Writing, Acting, Drawing.) Currently, I'm working on a novella that I'm not intending to publish, but just cause. It's called Myth if anyone is interested. I'm hoping this new forum will blossom my creativity instead of dampening it like other forums. *cough*General*cough* If anyone wishes to see a sample of my writing style you can check out the Naruto RP crew, that place really helped as an outlet for writing.

Cheers!

TacticalShoe
TacticalShoe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Writing Forum Lounge Jan. 26th, 2010 @ 08:40 PM Reply

I suppose if introductions are in order.....

My name is TacticalShoe and I have been writing on and off for several years. I have started numerous writing projects in my life and I have finished about 5 of them in all. Most of my stories are very short and humorous, but I am working on a very serious story at this moment that is titled "Cloud Paintings." I normally write when the mood strikes me and I find it impossible to write at any other time.

I think I'll also let my writing speak for me.

This poem is called "In Silence."

Deep in silence is where
all of my fears reside.

Many times I've sat there
and many times I've cried.

When humor has failed me
and the laughter is all but gone.

In silence is the place
that I will belong.

In silence is where
my own thoughts can become dangerous.

Where my doubts grow larger
and encompass all that I am.

Deep in silence and in darkness
is where I shall remain.

Until the day when I
can find myself again.

I'm gonna go back to my room and be awesome.
Desert Punk of the NG /A/|My VA Demo Reel|Audio Portal|

BBS Signature
HollowedPumkinz
HollowedPumkinz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Gamer
Response to Writing Forum Lounge Jan. 26th, 2010 @ 08:43 PM Reply

Well this is monumental news indeed. I hope to become active in this forum every good now and again. I also hope to post some good stories as well and become an even better writer and I also hope to participate in the monthly writing contests too. This will most certainly come out awesome. Even if we have to wade through the crappy stories to get there.

Even as I walk through the shadow of the Valley of Death, I shall fear no Evil. Semper Fidelis

BBS Signature
Icecry0
Icecry0
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Gamer
Response to Writing Forum Lounge Jan. 26th, 2010 @ 09:09 PM Reply

This is great! Just learned about it today and I can already tell I'm going to be here quite a bit =)

Dobio
Dobio
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Blank Slate
Response to Writing Forum Lounge Jan. 26th, 2010 @ 09:29 PM Reply

I am absolutely ecstatic that the Writing Forum has finally come to fruition.

Although my activity level on this website has diminished since the time I first wanted to see a writing forum on this website, I am glad that I'm still logging in semi-regularly enough to see it finally happen. I've been advocating my support for this for a couple years, and I wasn't really sure we'd ever actually get to see it.

Cheers to gum for his persistance in getting the community excited about writing, along with WritersBlock and a few other people who I've probably forgotten about. It's a great thing to see.

I'm not really sure how active I'll be in posting my own original works, but nevertheless it'll be fun reviewing, commenting and critiquing other people's attempts.

Still a world famous superstar.

WritersBlock
WritersBlock
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Writer
Response to Writing Forum Lounge Jan. 26th, 2010 @ 09:39 PM Reply

Hello everybody. If you weren't aware already, I am a writer. I will be posting the new writing competition in this forum shortly. Stay tuned!

READ: "A Fear of Great Heights" and other forthcoming adventures right HERE
Signature Picture by: Spartan204

BBS Signature
Penrodeo
Penrodeo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Melancholy
Response to Writing Forum Lounge Jan. 26th, 2010 @ 09:41 PM Reply

At 1/26/10 09:39 PM, WritersBlock wrote: Hello everybody. If you weren't aware already, I am a writer. I will be posting the new writing competition in this forum shortly. Stay tuned!

Lol, what amazing timing.

BBS Signature
gumOnShoe
gumOnShoe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Writing Forum Lounge Jan. 26th, 2010 @ 09:42 PM Reply

At 1/26/10 09:39 PM, WritersBlock wrote: Hello everybody. If you weren't aware already, I am a writer. I will be posting the new writing competition in this forum shortly. Stay tuned!

About damn time. :P

Also, thanks Dobio. I'm glad you were here to see it too. I feel like I've been waiting for this forever.

Newgrounds Anthology? 20,000 Word Max. [Submit]

Music? Click Sig:

BBS Signature
Dobio
Dobio
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Blank Slate
Response to Writing Forum Lounge Jan. 26th, 2010 @ 09:45 PM Reply

At 1/26/10 09:42 PM, gumOnShoe wrote: Also, thanks Dobio. I'm glad you were here to see it too. I feel like I've been waiting for this forever.

Yep, I think I've been advocating this since I became a freaking mod back in like...04, so it's been a long time. I feel like an old man finally getting his dying wish or some nonsense. ;)

Still a world famous superstar.

megakill
megakill
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Writing Forum Lounge Jan. 26th, 2010 @ 09:47 PM Reply

I challenge you to a write-off!

No im just kidding, im really looking forward to the competition and reading some of your work.

VhsTapeclock
VhsTapeclock
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Audiophile
Response to Writing Forum Lounge Jan. 26th, 2010 @ 09:51 PM Reply

Goodbye, unnoticed journal posts!

gumOnShoe
gumOnShoe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Writing Forum Lounge Jan. 26th, 2010 @ 09:53 PM Reply

At 1/26/10 09:45 PM, Dobio wrote:
At 1/26/10 09:42 PM, gumOnShoe wrote: Also, thanks Dobio. I'm glad you were here to see it too. I feel like I've been waiting for this forever.
Yep, I think I've been advocating this since I became a freaking mod back in like...04, so it's been a long time. I feel like an old man finally getting his dying wish or some nonsense. ;)

Well its hear for better or worse. :)

And finally, stories are back on the bbs!

In other news, since I'm not going to be as dedicated to the MWCs (I might judge a couple more, just not every month anymore) I've been thinking about what I can still contribute. And I think that might be a bi-weekly or monthly or at least regular suggested writing prompt of some sort. It wouldn't be part of a contest, and it might only be to right a sentence or a paragraph, opening/ending, whatever. But I've been thinking that short exercises focused on different areas of the craft would be good for me and probably a lot of other users.

I hope to have one up sometime next week. But I want to think about it before I dive in. Anyway, I expect WritersBlock will have something up shortly.

Music? Click Sig:

BBS Signature
WritersBlock
WritersBlock
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Writer
Response to Writing Forum Lounge Jan. 26th, 2010 @ 09:58 PM Reply

At 1/26/10 09:47 PM, megakill wrote:
I challenge you to a write-off!

No im just kidding, im really looking forward to the competition and reading some of your work.

Hey, don't throw them words around so casually, boy. I'd love it if we could get some short writing exercises/"write-offs" going in this forum. I know it'd certainly help me keep my fingers loose, whereas the monthly writing competitions have become a sort of thing you need to work at and work at and work at, such is the standard now. It's not just about writing, it's also about creating.

Speaking of the MWCs, the latest MWC10 is up. link. Also, I'm looking for people interested in judging the competition. Two people, to be precise. So, if you've got some literary wisdom tucked into your belt, please let me know as soon as possible.

Thanks!

READ: "A Fear of Great Heights" and other forthcoming adventures right HERE
Signature Picture by: Spartan204

BBS Signature
NewShape
NewShape
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Writer
Response to Writing Forum Lounge Jan. 26th, 2010 @ 10:18 PM Reply

Yeah this forum looks like it has potential. Could do with sub categories like Screenplays/shooting scripts though so I dont have to look through student essays and fan crap.

<deleted>
Response to Writing Forum Lounge Jan. 26th, 2010 @ 10:32 PM Reply

Howdy WB,

(By which I of course mean Wild Bill) (8:24)

Glad to see you could make it :)

At 1/26/10 10:18 PM, NewShape wrote: Yeah this forum looks like it has potential. Could do with sub categories like Screenplays/shooting scripts though so I dont have to look through student essays and fan crap.

After some obligatory projects that I owe some people, I really want to buckle down on a screenplay that I genuinely feel could be adapted into a Flash. I've already made a thread for useful links and good screenplays to read, so hopefully that will get some people adding to it and so on. I've never written a shooting script, me being only a beginner, but maybe the forum can help with that too, especially since I'd love to make a film.

I'll be off to bed soon (I've stayed up for far too long lurking and watching Jungle Strike footage so I could make that stupid reference above), since I want to nip down to Southampton tomorrow and see Avatar. I'll also be picking up my first script that's been looked over by a lecturer, so I'll have a look at what he said.

Tonight, I've found myself listening to Dizzee Rascal's 'Holiday', and I don't know why. I watched him perform on Jools Holland's annoyingly bad New Year show, and I was like, what? It's grown on me, as has the thought of NG writers dancing to the last bit, to celebrate the moment.

I get the feeling I'm putting myself in rather awkward sexually suggestive dance moves in the process.

Anyway, sleep. Otherwise I'll be insaner. Good luck with the rest of the night :D

gumOnShoe
gumOnShoe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Writing Forum Lounge Jan. 26th, 2010 @ 10:52 PM Reply

At 1/26/10 10:18 PM, NewShape wrote: Yeah this forum looks like it has potential. Could do with sub categories like Screenplays/shooting scripts though so I dont have to look through student essays and fan crap.

As this forum mellows out that may be less of a problem. But, additionally, its likely that division won't really exist until we get our Portal. Which may or may not be a goal for 2010. I haven't heard. I imagine they want it out before the end of 2011 though.

I know that there's still some issues with part of the site being wide screen and the other part being narrow that they want to fix.

Music? Click Sig:

BBS Signature
FrankoTaco
FrankoTaco
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Filmmaker
Response to Writing Forum Lounge Jan. 26th, 2010 @ 10:58 PM Reply

Man this is exciting. With the amount of flash and music talent we have here at Newgrounds. I can't even imagine how much writing talent is here itching to post. Looking forward to reading all the work people have to post!

I'm Frank. And Have been a big fan of Newgrounds for many years. But due to video being my forte, I have never submitted anything what so ever. More of an observer then maker. I'm a film student at the University of New Mexico, and write screenplays. Of short and feature length. I use Celtx at the moment (Which is amazing. And suggest to everyone who wants to try screen writing.) But I will be upgrading to Final Draft very soon. I have many concepts of many genres in the burner to be developed and written. Most of which I write for the 3 screen writing classes I have taken here so far. Taking my 4th rendition of it now, and then another before I leave. All tough by a great instructor who is a professional screen writer as his REAL job. Can't wait to submit some of my own work, and read other's great work!

Trying to keep the angels in my dreams, from turning to demons of greed.

BBS Signature
ikool
ikool
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Animator
Response to Writing Forum Lounge Jan. 26th, 2010 @ 11:17 PM Reply

Just wondering... May people in the forum find it problematic to read through a long story/script? I placed a script up there, but I believe that people are turned off of reading it due to its sheer size...

I can't tell if you're joking, because you never use emoticons. ~ SolidToad

BBS Signature
ThePortalGuru
ThePortalGuru
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Writing Forum Lounge Jan. 26th, 2010 @ 11:26 PM Reply

Hello, I'm ThePortalGuru. I've really loved writing for an incredibly long time now, and I've waited to have some outlet on Newgrounds to post some work of mine. I'm very happy that this literature forum has arrive, and that story threads won't be locked now.

Thanks aplenty to Phobotech for the great user icon.

BBS Signature
Sexylegs
Sexylegs
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Writer
Response to Writing Forum Lounge Jan. 26th, 2010 @ 11:28 PM Reply

I want to submit something, but I don't know what. Should I write up a short story or a long one?

BBS Signature
Timmy
Timmy
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 36
Art Lover
Response to Writing Forum Lounge Jan. 26th, 2010 @ 11:49 PM Reply

At 1/26/10 11:28 PM, Sexylegs wrote: I want to submit something, but I don't know what. Should I write up a short story or a long one?

As with anything, start out small. Just narrate a quick idea, or even just one scene.

As you get more comfortable with your own writing styles, you can begin to string together longer plots and tie together multiple themes in your stories.

Sig by BlueHippo / User Icon by CosmicDeath.

BBS Signature
Gagsy
Gagsy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Audiophile
Response to Writing Forum Lounge Jan. 27th, 2010 @ 12:11 AM Reply

Goodness me, anyone else a little surprised at how quickly this new forum is moving so far? I didn't think there would be THIS much interest in the subject of writing. Don't get me wrong it is great, I just hope it all calms down a bit and we gain a sense of normality here.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature
elementell
elementell
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Writing Forum Lounge Jan. 27th, 2010 @ 12:15 AM Reply

Might as well join early, I enjoy writing, and alot of kinds. I like descriptive stories, weird ideas come out of my head every minute, and I like some poetry, as long as it flows and rhymes, I dislike unflowing or unrhyming poetry, unless it has an insanely good message to it that is clear enough for me to understand.

Josh-B
Josh-B
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Artist
Response to Writing Forum Lounge Jan. 27th, 2010 @ 12:16 AM Reply

At 1/27/10 12:11 AM, Gagsy wrote: Goodness me, anyone else a little surprised at how quickly this new forum is moving so far? I didn't think there would be THIS much interest in the subject of writing. Don't get me wrong it is great, I just hope it all calms down a bit and we gain a sense of normality here.

Same thing happened with the Art forum. Give it a week and people will get used to it.

:U

flipboi117
flipboi117
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Writing Forum Lounge Jan. 27th, 2010 @ 12:16 AM Reply

I don't have a problem with writing in general, but I figured I should share this with you all...

POETRY RUINED MY LIFE.

TrevorW
TrevorW
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Writer
Response to Writing Forum Lounge Jan. 27th, 2010 @ 12:17 AM Reply

At 1/27/10 12:16 AM, flipboi117 wrote: I don't have a problem with writing in general, but I figured I should share this with you all...

POETRY RUINED MY LIFE.

Poetry made my life complete.

Failure should push you until success can pull you.

BBS Signature
MAQcreations
MAQcreations
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Writing Forum Lounge Jan. 27th, 2010 @ 12:52 AM Reply

At 1/27/10 12:17 AM, TrevorW wrote:
At 1/27/10 12:16 AM, flipboi117 wrote: I don't have a problem with writing in general, but I figured I should share this with you all...

POETRY RUINED MY LIFE.
Poetry made my life complete.

I REALLY don't like poetry.

Joshsouza
Joshsouza
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Artist
Response to Writing Forum Lounge Jan. 27th, 2010 @ 12:58 AM Reply

POETRY RUINED MY LIFE.

OOH OOH! Tel us how it ruined your life! THAT would be a good story!

Need a Review? Go to Review Request Club

Also please look at my art!

The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to Writing Forum Lounge Jan. 27th, 2010 @ 01:29 AM Reply

Hello all, my name is The-Great-One. I've been writing for 15 years now.

I have written one novella and am in the midst of writing my novel entitled "Vokstein." I hope to be able to share some of my short stories here on Newgrounds and have an animator animate them.

Writing has influenced me because you can create a story, an epic quest or adventure, something out of the plain blue sky and give it an image in people's minds. I've always tried to write as if I were writing a movie or a video game, because those are two forms in which people enjoy seeing.

One of my short stories entitled "Nightmare" was actually animated into flash here on Newgrounds...

Other than that I hope to post my works here and have them critiqued.

| The Interviewer | Review Terms 3.0 | [This Space For Rent ] | Club Stoic |

BBS Signature