New Topic Respond to this Topic
TheSubject666
TheSubject666
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Writing Forum Lounge 2010-02-28 23:45:57 Reply

At 2/28/10 11:09 PM, HeroDan wrote: Anybody planning on doing any story? I may want to contribute in any way, whether it be by providing storylines, ill help in anything.

I do hope you still remember the collab ur in.

The writer must write what he has to say, not speak it. - E. Hemingway

HeroDan
HeroDan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Writing Forum Lounge 2010-02-28 23:53:02 Reply

At 2/28/10 11:45 PM, TheSubject666 wrote:
At 2/28/10 11:09 PM, HeroDan wrote: Anybody planning on doing any story? I may want to contribute in any way, whether it be by providing storylines, ill help in anything.
I do hope you still remember the collab ur i

Of course i do! I get viloence torture and stuff right?

Sig done by LifeStream

BBS Signature
Nothins
Nothins
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Musician
Response to Writing Forum Lounge 2010-03-01 00:32:29 Reply

At 2/28/10 11:53 PM, HeroDan wrote:
At 2/28/10 11:45 PM, TheSubject666 wrote:
I do hope you still remember the collab ur i
Of course i do! I get viloence torture and stuff right?

i may not wite it, but i can do it oh so well its creepy.
i think its because i love when i read about it. iunno. but if needed to i would have a few ideas on that >D

i like pie ^^

HollowedPumkinz
HollowedPumkinz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Gamer
Response to Writing Forum Lounge 2010-03-01 00:35:48 Reply

Ok fellows, someone please bring me up to date. All I got from the last couple of pages were something about SinfulWolf arguing gender inequalities and then a lot of, well from the best I can describe, hoopla. I don't know what's going on, anyone care to elucidate?

Even as I walk through the shadow of the Valley of Death, I shall fear no Evil. Semper Fidelis

BBS Signature
sinfulwolf
sinfulwolf
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Writing Forum Lounge 2010-03-01 01:11:50 Reply

Last little bit seems to be folks trying to get a mod in here. Possible mock vote on it. Reminder's of the Dante's Inferno collab. Guesses on how mods are selected.

So not too much.

tigerkitty
tigerkitty
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to Writing Forum Lounge 2010-03-01 05:12:33 Reply

Good lord you guys need to calm down.

I don't know if some of you are just hyperactive about this forum, but some seem too focused on it and therefore get worked up to extremes about every little thing that has (possibly) gone wrong. The forum is fine, and overall runs fairly well. If you're unsure about that, just step into General for a few minutes and you'll see what I mean. There is no need to get into an absurd panic about silly things. There are BBS moderators that come in here and check to make sure everything is going alright. No, they're not here 24/7 and I highly doubt, even with another mod, they would be. Seriously, though, relax about it.

Also, this thread is a lounge. You come here to lounge and to partake of chatter that doesn't really fit in the rest of the forum. If they want to have a discussion about sexism and gender biases in the military, let them. No one was malicious about it, and as far as I can tell those involved were mature enough not to let it degrade into just insulting one another. I'd perhaps be more annoyed if it was just a constant debate between two people (which should be taken to PM), but it wasn't there were a number of individuals involved. If you don't want to participate in it, fine, quote someone else and others ignoring the debate can respond to you.

As far as I am aware, this notion some people have of "factions" is silly. If you see little cliques running around, that's probably because you're partial to certain users and are more aware of what they're doing and who they're talking to. I'm sure, for the general, new user, they don't notice these things and are perfectly content to just read through the stories or poems at their leisure and comment as they please. Yeah, arguments happen, but be adult about it and don't let it bleed into everything written in the forum.

And finally, the mini-modding needs to stop. If someone thinks they're going to be given a golden aura for telling people what to do, they are mistaken. All it does is make you look like a condescending ass who has an over-developed sense of self importance. I'm not going to single anyone out, but really...get a hold of yourself and reign in the need to tell people what to do.

Fro
Fro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Filmmaker
Response to Writing Forum Lounge 2010-03-01 08:07:17 Reply

Ha, you guys take this lounge to seriously. Perhaps it's because you never used a lounge before. I know for example in the Clubs and Crews lounge we mostly talk about how our day has went, the week, classes, events in the news, etc... Do we hardly ever talk about an actual club or anything like that pertaining to the forum.

I know this is a new forum so there is going to be a lot of talk about how and what we want done with it, but if another topic is brought up it's fine as well.

Here's how it should be done. My sister successfully brought my baby niece into this world yesterday only a day after her son's birthday. She was hoping they didn't share the same birthday and she was lucky enough to make it to the next day. As you can imagine my weekend was quite hectic and I didn't get much work done.

And now you quote and comment and/or talk about your weekend or day.

/Class discussion ;)

BBS Signature
vow2thou
vow2thou
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Writing Forum Lounge 2010-03-01 08:24:01 Reply

At 3/1/10 08:07 AM, Fro wrote:
Here's how it should be done. My sister successfully brought my baby niece into this world yesterday only a day after her son's birthday. She was hoping they didn't share the same birthday and she was lucky enough to make it to the next day. As you can imagine my weekend was quite hectic and I didn't get much work done.

How is one supposed to top that!? All I did this weekend was play on Live and finish writing my MwC. No babies, no birthdays.

sinfulwolf
sinfulwolf
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Writing Forum Lounge 2010-03-01 08:41:55 Reply

Congratulations on becoming an uncle Fro! And congratulations to your sister on becoming a mother.

<deleted>
Response to Writing Forum Lounge 2010-03-01 11:27:11 Reply

At 2/28/10 09:09 PM, stimcrab wrote: If you're going to have a meltdown, don't do it in the WF lounge! This is for Writing Forum topics!

I really don't agree with this personally. Like IFUN said, it's perfectly normal to expect a bit of chit-chat in the lounge - that's what lounges are for. It sort of happened by accident that this thread became what gum's thread was supposed to be, because we gathered together so many regulars so quickly. I know you argued against IFUN's response, but it's not a General thing at all: see the Politics Regulars' Lounge, the Wi/Ht Regulars List (predominantly about collecting regulars' data and such, but there's room for banter), the Audio Forum Lounge, etc.

My main point can really be summed up with avie's words towards the bottom of pg.10.

Sorry if it sounds like I'm lecturing you or what-have-you, but it's just the way I feel to go about taking some responsibility here. A lot of you guys seem to talk about how this forum is 'better than General'; I won't argue against that, but part of making that really true is having this nice, easy atmosphere going. It's partially why I always mention what films I've been watching, so I can reach out to anyone that's seen them in the space of a few lines.

I know there's some hypocritical humour in here somewhere. I'll let everyone have fun trying to find it ;)

Instead: let's paraphrase a quote from one of the greatest satires of the twentieth century, the first thing that popped into my mind when I read your post...

GENTLEMEN, YOU CAN'T FIGHT IN HERE, THIS IS THE WRITING FORUM!

Yeah, I think some of the humour was lost in the process.

Writing Forum Lounge

Coop
Coop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Writer
Response to Writing Forum Lounge 2010-03-01 11:35:17 Reply

At 3/1/10 05:12 AM, tigerkitty wrote: Good lord you guys need to calm down.

Yeah, I'm actually considering completely annihilating the conversation about additional moderation required in this forum. Trust me, this place isn't as bad as General and if it is, you lot need to grow up and hit some of us moderators with PMs, showing where the problems are, not wasting the admin's time.

And finally, the mini-modding needs to stop. If someone thinks they're going to be given a golden aura for telling people what to do, they are mistaken. All it does is make you look like a condescending ass who has an over-developed sense of self importance.

Who gets banned.

I think in order to add some calm to this mix, we need to sort out some little games. Back in the day, when the Late Night Lounge was the place to be for writers, XwaynecoltX used to post a collection of 4 seemingly random images joined into one, usually in the 4 quadrant style and ask us to write a short piece based loosely upon these images. Members were then invited to vote on their top 3 in order and the winner was announced after a few days. Some of the stuff we came up with was really good and it was fun just to experiment with different styles of writing.

Anyone got any ideas / images?

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey
News
#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature
<deleted>
Response to Writing Forum Lounge 2010-03-01 11:36:08 Reply

I hate typing slowly and spending ages trying to find threads and tools, only to see much better summaries of what I just said. I blame the laptop. Yeah, the laptop, and essays!

And Kevin!
Kevin wasn't even in this episode...
At 3/1/10 08:07 AM, Fro wrote: Here's how it should be done. My sister successfully brought my baby niece into this world yesterday only a day after her son's birthday. She was hoping they didn't share the same birthday and she was lucky enough to make it to the next day. As you can imagine my weekend was quite hectic and I didn't get much work done.

Congratulations! That's sweet that your sister didn't want them to share a birthday. Hard for her some hours ago possibly, but it's nice. That should be something nice to grow up into. Have fun being an uncle - hope you become mildly eccentric like my uncles ;)

And good luck catching up on that work, seriously.

At 2/28/10 11:37 PM, TrevorW wrote: Blah migraines are not fun when you are trying to write like 5 essays :(

I know where you're coming from, I've caught my housemate's cold. Work's been piled on me this week, and it sucks, because I really want to do some writing. I've got a story that uses psychoanalytic themes in mind, an experimental piece that hopes to use some of the techniques of a film theory I mentioned previously and a non-fiction piece about alcoholism (partially for an assignment).

What are you studying, out of interest?

Oh yeah, and I (apparently) have somewhere to live for next year, finally.

If you have any idea how big (wrong word) a city Winchester, Hampshire is, you'll know why I was beginning to panic.

Fro
Fro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Filmmaker
Response to Writing Forum Lounge 2010-03-01 12:49:25 Reply

At 3/1/10 08:24 AM, vow2thou wrote:
How is one supposed to top that!? All I did this weekend was play on Live and finish writing my MwC. No babies, no birthdays.

On top of it I happened to lose my dorm keys meaning I have to risk leaving my door unlocked and if my roommate forgets to keep it unlocked then I don't have access to my room. Apparently nobody can find them at home and I can't find them here at all. Here goes another 65 dollars to drill the door...

At 3/1/10 08:41 AM, sinfulwolf wrote: Congratulations on becoming an uncle Fro! And congratulations to your sister on becoming a mother.

She's became a mother 3 times now and I've became an uncle 9 times now counting some nieces and nephews through marriages.

At 3/1/10 11:35 AM, Coop83 wrote:
Game idea

Yeah, that sounds like it would be fun. Now that I'm really caught up on work and have spring break coming up I have time to do more things like this.

Currently right now I don't, but I'm going to brainstorm some things. This is my long day at university so I'm not free for the rest of the night basically.

At 3/1/10 11:36 AM, Scarab wrote:
And Kevin!
Kevin wasn't even in this episode...

KEVINNNN

Congratulations! That's sweet that your sister didn't want them to share a birthday. Hard for her some hours ago possibly, but it's nice. That should be something nice to grow up into. Have fun being an uncle - hope you become mildly eccentric like my uncles ;)

Being an uncle is fun and being involved with the children is both fun and tiresome. I guess I'll find out in the future when I'm having to take care of my own children.

And good luck catching up on that work, seriously.

Just a couple of study guides actually. Things I can do in one night if I just sit down and do them. The real question is will I do that?

BBS Signature
Imperator
Imperator
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Writing Forum Lounge 2010-03-01 13:00:26 Reply

Hehehe......

I just ignored what was going on for the last however many days this last episode was going on.
And now I'm back when the dust settled. :)

Unrelated:

Today's like the world's most perfect day outside. It's sunny, no clouds, upper 30s. The sun makes everything feel like it's mid 40s, and the air still has that "crispness" of Father Winter. It's refreshing and beautiful. I had the windows in my car down, and I'm taking a walk with a short sleeve shirt and maybe a spring jacket. I was made for days like today. Someone up there must like me.

Someone write me a sonnet about the weather! Or maybe after I take a 3hr walk and enjoy the day I'll end up writing my own.

Writing Forum Reviewer.
PM me
for preferential Writing Forum review treatment.
See my NG page for a regularly updated list of works I will review.

Ravariel
Ravariel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to Writing Forum Lounge 2010-03-01 13:28:13 Reply

I know! It's like Michigan forgot what month it was. Not that I'm complaining, mind you.

Tis better to sit in silence and be presumed a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.

<deleted>
Response to Writing Forum Lounge 2010-03-01 13:56:02 Reply

At 3/1/10 12:49 PM, Fro wrote: Just a couple of study guides actually. Things I can do in one night if I just sit down and do them. The real question is will I do that?

The real questions are the ones that are just never answered until the last moment. I need to read/annotate some essays. Don't get me wrong, most of the essays I've been reading are both entertaining and intelligent (I can't find it online, but I recommend to everyone reading this to check out John Updike's short essay 'The Bankrupt Man', as one example), but I'll still put them off. Earlier, I decided on watching a film (The Man with the Movie Camera) I needed to check out for my course, and after this post I'm going to go and get some food. Good luck to you - I hope one of us goes through the evening having done work.

On the topic of distraction, any Europeans with Spotify here? A brilliant program, but it has so much music that I just get distracted and start listening to guilty pleasures from the past and present.

And future, dundundun.
At 3/1/10 01:00 PM, Imperator wrote: Today's like the world's most perfect day outside. It's sunny, no clouds, upper 30s. The sun makes everything feel like it's mid 40s, and the air still has that "crispness" of Father Winter. It's refreshing and beautiful. I had the windows in my car down, and I'm taking a walk with a short sleeve shirt and maybe a spring jacket. I was made for days like today. Someone up there must like me.

It's been a pleasure to finally have my window open for extended periods of time and allowing a nice breeze flow through the room. Now the combined odours of odd musky wood, dated apple-flavoured air freshener and my friend's weed usage have lost a battle.

Days like today in terms of weather have to be amongst my favourites sorts all year around. It's like everything's coming back to life, into focus, into colour. It's such a shame that the day's atmosphere for me was also characterised by a tree surgeon's chainsaw, roadworks blowing dust and the smell of tarmac all over the bus stop and a combined lecture class with limited space on all sides. Sigh.

Someone write me a sonnet about the weather! Or maybe after I take a 3hr walk and enjoy the day I'll end up writing my own.

Post it if you do, I'd love to see what you consider to be important. I really need to write some sonnets, my poetry course puts special emphasis on them. Maybe I've been inspired here.

At 3/1/10 11:35 AM, Coop83 wrote: Some of the stuff we came up with was really good and it was fun just to experiment with different styles of writing.

I have something. I might test it out in a while if it's okay with you guys. I might not give it a go tonight though, we'll see. I think it will help people though :)

TrevorW
TrevorW
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Writer
Response to Writing Forum Lounge 2010-03-01 14:28:55 Reply

@ Scarab

I have spent roughly 30 hours researching marijuana and I have spent another 10 so far writing/researching for the 15 page paper I'm going to write. However I am doing it in news article format so I plan to fill a 12 page paper. Yes, I will be designing the layout and everything. So far the templates alone have taken me roughly 20 hours.|

The whole process? I would guess roughly 120 hours. (Much more than anyone else will put into it).

By the way...not sure if any of the previous grammar makes any sense. I need soda...

Failure should push you until success can pull you.

BBS Signature
Imperator
Imperator
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Writing Forum Lounge 2010-03-01 14:42:55 Reply

At 3/1/10 02:28 PM, TrevorW wrote: By the way...not sure if any of the previous grammar makes any sense. I need soda...

Wuss. Be a man and grab a cup o' Joe.

Piping-hot coffee that puts a hop in your step and your ass in the john.

oorah.

Writing Forum Reviewer.
PM me

TrevorW
TrevorW
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Writer
Response to Writing Forum Lounge 2010-03-01 14:48:03 Reply

At 3/1/10 02:42 PM, Imperator wrote:
At 3/1/10 02:28 PM, TrevorW wrote: By the way...not sure if any of the previous grammar makes any sense. I need soda...

oorah.

I would never kiss a girl again. My breath stays minty fresh and my teeth white ty!

Also I can't help but think the mini-mod comment was made somewhat at me.

BBS Signature
DaelJericho
DaelJericho
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Musician
Response to Writing Forum Lounge 2010-03-01 15:07:35 Reply

oorah.

Coffee, huraay! In fact my heart has stopped beating a long time ago, just this black, hot gold is keeping the system running! May I introduce: Greyfox, cheating death since 1999 by misuse of coffee.

"It is not true that not nothing is not impossible, though this is a lie."

TrevorW
TrevorW
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Writer
Response to Writing Forum Lounge 2010-03-01 15:30:08 Reply

At 3/1/10 03:07 PM, DaelJericho wrote:

oorah.
Coffee, huraay! In fact my heart has stopped beating a long time ago, just this black, hot gold is keeping the system running! May I introduce: Greyfox, cheating death since 1999 by misuse of coffee.

*kills the guy*

I have saved the lives of many beans around the world. Praise me.

Anyways I really like the idea of people having to comment on other's work when they post their own. Any thoughts?

BBS Signature
Imperator
Imperator
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Writing Forum Lounge 2010-03-01 15:47:41 Reply

At 3/1/10 02:48 PM, TrevorW wrote: I would never kiss a girl again. My breath stays minty fresh and my teeth white ty!

Damnit, I thought chicks were into hairy chests and the rugged outdoorsy look. I can't keep up with these friggin things anymore.....born in the wrong damn century I tells ya......

Also I can't help but think the mini-mod comment was made somewhat at me.

Well, maybe go with my system of doing things then. Works for me, might work for others.

Don't respond to stupid threads, or stupid posts. If it's really a distraction, PM a mod and let them take care of it.

They pick up most things, but there's always the chance one or two little things will go unnoticed. Specific posts in specific threads, or maybe just threads that no mod has read yet.

I'm more like a Watchman; I will PM a mod if I think something fell under their radar. They say "thank you for pointing it out, I'll take care of it", and the issue is done. They delete, lock, ban, or do whatever it is they feel is appropriate, and that's that. Problem solved.

No need to back-seat mod, no need to complain, no need to give trolls the attention they crave. Someone causing problems? PM a mod. A thread not in its proper place? PM a mod. A post against the rules? PM a mod.

I don't need to be a mod, I'm not looking to be a mod. But if there's a disruption that looks to have gone unnoticed, I consider it civic duty to shoot a mod a PM and say "You mind taking a look at this thread/post?"

Simple as that.

Writing Forum Reviewer.
PM me

<deleted>
Response to Writing Forum Lounge 2010-03-01 15:54:59 Reply

At 3/1/10 02:28 PM, TrevorW wrote: However I am doing it in news article format so I plan to fill a 12 page paper. Yes, I will be designing the layout and everything. So far the templates alone have taken me roughly 20 hours.|

Good luck. I think media production's a good field, but unfortunately it's not one of my fields here.

I think I might know someone who's writing about marijuana for an assignment actually.

By the way...not sure if any of the previous grammar makes any sense. I need soda...

I back Imperator up on the coffee front.

At 3/1/10 02:48 PM, TrevorW wrote: Also I can't help but think the mini-mod comment was made somewhat at me.

You mean the business about being becoming a mod, etc?

I wouldn't worry yourself about it. Like I've already said in this thread, some of us will have moments like that - it's just another feature of the community. There was a quote doing the rounds across the BBS a few years back from 'a certain mod', something like, 'all regulars, regardless of whether they admit it or not, will want to be mods'. I think there's some truth to it, and given the ever=present novelty of this forum, I can forgive everyone (including myself) at this stage for trying to get stuck in. There's a learning curve involved.

Don't let it spoil your experience, is all I can say.

At 3/1/10 03:30 PM, TrevorW wrote: Anyways I really like the idea of people having to comment on other's work when they post their own. Any thoughts?

I've long been a fan of encouraging more users to offer critique to others here. One of the big benefits is that it helps everyone. Ever heard of the concept of the creative-critic? Someone who's actively creatively their own material, but is still wary of reading modes, theories, ideologies, etc.? It's practically all a neccessity on writing courses these days. I've tried to help push things a bit further in certain threads - not saying I'm a perfect model for it.

I don't comment on anywhere near as many threads as I would like to. Poetry has turned me off for being so, dare I say it, flash-in-the-pan, scripts have turned me off on formatting grounds, and there's a whole load of personal preference behind it all. I recommend all others to try it though - related: I try to make a practice out of returning comments to reviewer-writers.

Easter break may offer more of an oppurtunity to me.

AND OH MY GOD, slightly warmer day =/= a need to play loud music with the windows wide open. Booze night is tomorrow night for me, silly people.

TrevorW
TrevorW
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Writer
Response to Writing Forum Lounge 2010-03-01 16:01:21 Reply

I'd like to think my poetry isn't personal. I don't write about myself so...

And about the mini-mod. I meant that I tend to be all bossy on here, but that isn't because I want to be a mod. I simply speak when I see something that needs done -- it's how I am. Now people keep throwing my name out there to be a mod and I'm flattered, but that was by no means the intent. Eh. All I can say is that I'll do anything that is thrown on my shoulders...someone has to.

I would appreciate it if you could at least check out the last page of my poetry there scarab. I try some nifty things. :)

BBS Signature
Version2
Version2
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Writing Forum Lounge 2010-03-01 16:06:15 Reply

At 3/1/10 02:28 PM, TrevorW wrote: @ Scarab

I have spent roughly 30 hours researching marijuana and I have spent another 10 so far writing/researching for the 15 page paper I'm going to write.

If you need any help with your paper let me know. I have a lot of things I can talk about on that subject.

One of the best online sources for drug research is Erowid.org. They have a pretty extensive cannabis section.

You can also try out Grasscity Forums, their best section is on growing. There's lots of technical know-how going on there, from how to build home brew aeroponic systems for cheap, to how to keep deer away from outdoor guerrilla grows. NORML is a good place to go for marijuana law. You won't find a lot of useful stuff about dealing tho, it's always different depending on where you are and who you know. Of course there has been some interesting online dealing happening. Ha ha, I think I found "erik."

Plus tons of personal experience, ect. If you want to ask a question, go for it.

TrevorW
TrevorW
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Writer
Response to Writing Forum Lounge 2010-03-01 16:11:04 Reply

Well I am doing it on the premise of: Morality v Economic Prospects. The growing as such does pertain to my paper. NORML is a great source....

Thanks for the offer :)

a Sample article (rough):

Brief: DEA seizes 28 billion dollars worth of marijuana between 2005 and 2008

In 2005 alone the DEA seized 282,139 kilograms of marijuana (US drug enforcement Administration).

At the current street value of $8.60 per half-gram the net worth of the marijuana seized comes out to be 4,852,790,800 dollars (Moffatt). These products are then destroyed or lost in the system, no profit is made by the government.

However the amount seized has increased each year with the amount reaching an all time high of 660,969.2 kilograms in 2008: that comes out to be 11,368,670,240 dollars.

NASA had a budget of 16 billion in 2008 (Swaby).

The total value seized between 2005 and 2008? That comes out to be roughly 28 billion dollars. That amount was seized in one presidential term (US drug enforcement Administration).

BBS Signature
SilentCobra
SilentCobra
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Gamer
Response to Writing Forum Lounge 2010-03-01 16:28:50 Reply

Wow, 3 pages in 19 hours 16 minutes! That's a record in my book. Anyway, has anyone ever tried writing a story using the Four Elements? Earth, Wind, Water, & Fire. Aside from Avatar: The Last Airbender.

Sig by Byte | Steam ID -- SilentCobra | PS3 Gamer Tag -- SlntCobra1
Writers Lounge | EGB | PS3

BBS Signature
TrevorW
TrevorW
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Writer
Response to Writing Forum Lounge 2010-03-01 16:33:23 Reply

At 3/1/10 04:28 PM, SlntCobra1 wrote: Wow, 3 pages in 19 hours 16 minutes! That's a record in my book. Anyway, has anyone ever tried writing a story using the Four Elements? Earth, Wind, Water, & Fire. Aside from Avatar: The Last Airbender.

Idk mate...it seems a bit over-done to me. But if you can pull it off go for it!

BBS Signature
Version2
Version2
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Writing Forum Lounge 2010-03-01 16:55:58 Reply

I wonder how off the 28 billion is? Alot of times in a grow seizure, the entire plant is weighed, not just the smokeable portion. Male plants, which are kept for breeding purposes and don't give bud, are also thrown in with female plants. In a sea of green grow, the roots can easily weigh more than the rest of the plant, turning a 100 plant seizure into something that looks weight wise like a 200+ plant seizure.

The DEA pads numbers, of course who could blame them? It looks different on their side of the fence. To the dealer, only the bud is usable, but to the DEA, the entire plant is illegal. The DEA's measuring system obviously skews numbers, but then again so would the dealers. Plants that are still in the vegative stage don't have bud on them, so they wouldn't count even tho it's part of the manufacturing process. Personally I don't think that the DEA should be reporting dollar amounts, because it only equals out to public boasting. They should report weight (in pure bud seizures) and plants (in grow seizures) only. 100 plants does not sound nearly as high a number as 25,000 dollars, but it's certainly more truthful.

$8.60 for half a gram?!? Jesus Christ! Fuck anyone that accepts paying that much for weed! It's roughly 10$ a gram here, I've seen some dealers try to up their prices to 50$ an 1/8th, but it always fails. Grow some fucking balls America! Stand up to your dealers, and demand better prices. I'm looking at you retards in the south, and the flyover states that are probably paying the same thing that I am for Mexican ditch weed.

TrevorW
TrevorW
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Writer
Response to Writing Forum Lounge 2010-03-01 17:16:07 Reply

Eh the economic portion is on the side of the weed-lovers so I guess I am using their padding against them :P However, thanks, I will adress this in the editorial portion of my paper!

SILLY DEA!

BBS Signature