New Topic Respond to this Topic
Thematrix27
Thematrix27
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Writing Forum Lounge 2010-01-26 17:34:50 Reply

Great, now I have a place to post stories while people will notice them. *COUGH* Nobody looks at blog stories *COUGH* It seems like the writing forum has started off nice already, I'm hoping to see a lot a great stories here.
*COUGH*

Loki
Loki
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Writer
Response to Writing Forum Lounge 2010-01-26 17:37:07 Reply

At 1/26/10 05:31 PM, DumbassDude wrote:
At 1/26/10 05:26 PM, FBIpolux wrote: Yeah, I'm trying to be innovative in a ground where pretty much everything has been done :P
You should post a small excerpt, it's nice to know that there are some avid novelists on the forum :D

I'm not home right now, but I'll translate a few paragraphs for your guys I guess :)

I'm warning you all though, I'm not a professional translateroroetor though :(

BrianEtrius
BrianEtrius
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to Writing Forum Lounge 2010-01-26 17:59:29 Reply

Hey guys, I'm BrianEtrius, Brian for short....if you know who am I, that's cool, if not, it's ok, we can hang out..........

I typically write noir, and in very rare cases poetry, but noir is my forte. While first person does limit the details, it does give the story much more personal approach..

So guys, you want to do this like the Art forum or what? Everyone get's there own thread, and people give feedback?

New to Politics?/ Friend of the Devil/ I review writing! PM me
"Question everything generally thought to be obvious."-Dieter Rams

BBS Signature
FurryFox
FurryFox
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Gamer
Response to Writing Forum Lounge 2010-01-26 18:00:40 Reply

I'm really torn up if I should start posting here. I love writing stories about anthro characters with yiff and such but people always seem to flame them and never offer any good advice. Don't want to be posting here if that's the case.

Krbyfan1
Krbyfan1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Melancholy
Response to Writing Forum Lounge 2010-01-26 18:02:05 Reply

Make me laugh. That is all I will say for now.

Krbyfan1(kur-bee-fan-one)- A creature that resides in the state of Colorado. Distinguished by his size, love of small mammals, video games, and the anime series "Tenchi Muyo!"

BBS Signature
coure
coure
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Writing Forum Lounge 2010-01-26 18:03:56 Reply

At 1/26/10 06:02 PM, Krbyfan1 wrote: Make me laugh. That is all I will say for now.

How about we scare the crap out of you?

Gamer's United, making the world a better place for gaming.

BBS Signature
Loki
Loki
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Writer
Response to Writing Forum Lounge 2010-01-26 18:05:18 Reply

At 1/26/10 06:00 PM, FurryFox wrote: I'm really torn up if I should start posting here. I love writing stories about anthro characters with yiff and such but people always seem to flame them and never offer any good advice. Don't want to be posting here if that's the case.

Thanks for the tip. I'll make sure to never ever click a thread created by you ever.

Gagsy
Gagsy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 53
Audiophile
Response to Writing Forum Lounge 2010-01-26 18:06:23 Reply

At 1/26/10 06:00 PM, FurryFox wrote: I'm really torn up if I should start posting here. I love writing stories about anthro characters with yiff and such but people always seem to flame them and never offer any good advice. Don't want to be posting here if that's the case.

I imagine (and hope) that flamers will be dealt with by the mods.

The idea is to give constructive criticism, and that does not mean needlessly having a moan at the writer for their choice in storyline.

I'm not a furry fan myself but I see no problem is reading about it, as long as the story is compelling enough.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature
SilentCobra
SilentCobra
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Gamer
Response to Writing Forum Lounge 2010-01-26 18:07:22 Reply

At 1/26/10 05:17 PM, DumbassDude wrote:
At 1/26/10 05:03 PM, SlntCobra1 wrote: Yea, a bigger character limit would surely help in the writing forum. So if it were doubled, then the total limit would be 8,192 x 2 = 16,384. Which is only half as much as our newsposts. Oddly enough one BBS post is 1/4 of a newspost. Didn't see that coming.
I think FanFiction.net should be the template for stories, especially huge novels. I mean, it's much easier to read in FanFictions format than it is on the BBS and it can hold so much more than a news post can.

Anything else should be submitted to the BBS, but don't think twice about using FanFiction if you have written a substantially large amount, it's easier on the eyes AND easier to format, not to mention every thread doesn't have to greet it's viewers will a dozen wall of texts.

Another good site is AFF (NSFW). Sure you have to be 18 to register and whatnot, but Slash frequents there quite a lot. In fact, that's where his Sinners fanfic is.

Speaking of fanfics, here's the official discussion thread for my fanfic.

Sig by Byte | Steam ID -- SilentCobra | PS3 Gamer Tag -- SlntCobra1
Writers Lounge | EGB | PS3

BBS Signature
Tri-Nitro-Toluene
Tri-Nitro-Toluene
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to Writing Forum Lounge 2010-01-26 18:07:41 Reply

As far as I'm concerned post away. Literotica is a valid genre, and even if the stuff has furries in it, it still counts.

Boxxy
Boxxy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Writing Forum Lounge 2010-01-26 18:28:52 Reply

The worst part about writing for me is that I have absolutely no creativity.

The Saiyans are a true ham and cheese sandwich, DON'T UNDERESTOMATO!

deathofghosts
deathofghosts
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Writing Forum Lounge 2010-01-26 18:30:23 Reply

hi i am death of ghosts
i feel that writing is one of the most powerful ways of expresing your feelings

ME on Youtube! 20/20 subscribers!!!
My flash games and movies!
Huzzah!

BBS Signature
Earthshine
Earthshine
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Writing Forum Lounge 2010-01-26 18:41:47 Reply

At 1/26/10 06:28 PM, Alex12345269 wrote: The worst part about writing for me is that I have absolutely no creativity.

Everybody has some creativity. You just have to be able to know how to find it.

coure
coure
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Writing Forum Lounge 2010-01-26 18:46:09 Reply

At 1/26/10 06:41 PM, Earthshine wrote:
Everybody has some creativity. You just have to be able to know how to find it.

That should be a famous quote.

Gamer's United, making the world a better place for gaming.

BBS Signature
o0-0o
o0-0o
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Writing Forum Lounge 2010-01-26 18:50:37 Reply

Woo! I like this forum very much.

As for writing myself, I only have written a few pieces over the years. Most I just start out of impulse but when I get going, I get going.

Just wondering, what exactly is 'writing' limited to here? Stories I'm sure of, but how about essays, summaries, etc.?

Fro
Fro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Filmmaker
Response to Writing Forum Lounge 2010-01-26 18:54:14 Reply

At 1/26/10 06:50 PM, o0-0o wrote:
Just wondering, what exactly is 'writing' limited to here? Stories I'm sure of, but how about essays, summaries, etc.?

I don't even think that the mods are exactly sure yet. I'm assuming it's going to be a trial and error thing until we've figured things that we want here as a community.

BBS Signature
SilentCobra
SilentCobra
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Gamer
Response to Writing Forum Lounge 2010-01-26 19:04:16 Reply

At 1/26/10 06:54 PM, Fro wrote:
At 1/26/10 06:50 PM, o0-0o wrote:
I don't even think that the mods are exactly sure yet. I'm assuming it's going to be a trial and error thing until we've figured things that we want here as a community.

Sounds like an astute synopsis Fro. If one thing doesn't work, get rid of it, if part of one thing doesn't work where the other part does work, adjust the thing as needed to accommodate the rest of the users. Simple as that.

Sig by Byte | Steam ID -- SilentCobra | PS3 Gamer Tag -- SlntCobra1
Writers Lounge | EGB | PS3

BBS Signature
<deleted>
Response to Writing Forum Lounge 2010-01-26 19:09:29 Reply

At 1/26/10 05:29 PM, gumOnShoe wrote:
D <---- Can I emphasis this enough? Probably not.

I'm in a similar mood.

And damn it, I still have The Right Stuff sitting on my desk. I've been meaning to watch it for months, and tonight would've been perfect! Ah, that Fulp.

It can wait.

squidly
squidly
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Game Developer
Response to Writing Forum Lounge 2010-01-26 19:14:29 Reply

I'm about to start a series about strange mess up of time, and how one man is stuck in it, originally an idea for a game, I'm going to move it in to the writing medium, see how it goes, and if it goes well, it'll become a game.

Good.

boloneyman
boloneyman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Blank Slate
Response to Writing Forum Lounge 2010-01-26 19:22:50 Reply

I've entered a few writing contests in the past and had a great time creating pieces for them. I am looking forward to workshoping pieces in progress. The entry I submitted that tied for first was one I had workshoped many times over with my creative writing teacher, so to me i has become an ESSENTIAL part of my writing process. I really enjoy writing plays, and I am hoping to begin dabbling in scripts and screen plays.

Can't wait to collaborate with animators either!

I am a new terror born in death, a new superstition entering the unassailable fortress of forever. I am legend.

BBS Signature
Hoogiman
Hoogiman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to Writing Forum Lounge 2010-01-26 19:25:00 Reply

I think this might turn out to be a pleasant forum.

Has anyone else here done some kinda extended literary analysis? Either lit major or IB (what I did baby stuff haha) or something?

I'm an animator, a (dodgy back alley) VA and also a writer.

PM me if you want feedback on your writing, music or flash to get review'd by me. I'm pseudo-qualified. Maybe.

Joshsouza
Joshsouza
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Artist
Response to Writing Forum Lounge 2010-01-26 19:39:12 Reply

Writing has influenced my life very well and helped a lot in school and it started one day when I was in Summer School (After the end of fifth grade) I didnt really need it but my mom made me go anyways and it got me straight As in sixth grade which is why I still do it because it was the best year ever. I was in the story writing forum before this forum was made so am I a regular?

Need a Review? Go to Review Request Club

Also please look at my art!

<deleted>
Response to Writing Forum Lounge 2010-01-26 19:44:34 Reply

At 1/26/10 07:25 PM, Hoogiman wrote: Has anyone else here done some kinda extended literary analysis? Either lit major or IB (what I did baby stuff haha) or something?

Creative writing is half of my degree, and while I'm only in the first year, I've done a bit of analysis. I tend not to make my comments on NG too extended because in my experience, the writer doesn't have much of a use for something that goes on and on and doesn't pick out simple points. I do like writing about writing though. My most recent essay of this sort was on Shirley Jackson's 'The Lottery', though I've just finished a similar analysis of Woody Allen's film Deconstructing Harry, which I find is helpful too.

What have you written about? I'm curious!

megakill
megakill
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Writing Forum Lounge 2010-01-26 19:46:25 Reply

Im so glad theres a writing forum now lol. ill make sure i throw some poems up every now and again.

Oobeedoopskadoobie
Oobeedoopskadoobie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Writing Forum Lounge 2010-01-26 20:11:06 Reply

I'm alot like that too. I would really enjoy reading some of your material sometime because not only do I enjoy writing Horror/Suspense stories I also enjoy reading them, In fact i just finished a book called "The Girl Next Door" by Jack Ketchum and it was absolutly terrifying.

Here's an excerpt from one of my short stories, "Death by Facebook". It's about some chick (Elizabeth) who's being stalked, and eventually killed by someone (James) via facebook. This is from the climax:

Ten minutes later, she got another update: James has parked his car two blocks away, and is walking towards Elizabeth's house. Elizabeth stared at the words in horror. She ran outside, to see if she could see him. But instead, she ran right into the officer guarding her house. She quickly told him what was going on, and he called in two more officers.
Elizabeth went back inside, locking the front door after she came in. She sat on the couch, not daring to go on Facebook. She wished her dog was there. She wished she had never gotten a Facebook account! But it was too late, as her iPhone vibrated with an update: I'm here for you now, Elizabeth. Outside, she heard screams, gunfire, and shouts of "Officer down! filled the air. But after a minute, there was only the distressed calls from the officer's radios.
Elizabeth ran and hid a closet in the back, with no windows, and only one door. She nestled in the back next to a fur coat, as she heard the doorbell ring. She received an update: Please let me in, Elizabeth. Elizabeth shoved her head in the coat to keep from screaming. "Maybe", she thought, "If I make no noise, he'll think I'm not home". The coat was warm, and a little wet. Elizabeth didn't remember the last time she wore a fur coat. She picked up a flashlight, and shined it on the coat, only to see a dead goat, hanging from the closet ceiling. It was hanging by a rope tied around its neck, and its furry body was covered in blood. But the goat was still breathing, and looking straight at Elizabeth.
She screamed so loud, it made her ears ring. James heard it, too. The door came crashing down, and heavy, slow footsteps came towards the closet. Louder and louder they became, until Elizabeth could see his boots in the crack below the door. Then they stopped. Elizabeth's heart stopped, she forgot how to breathe, as her iPhone vibrated with its last update: Say goodbye to Elizabeth, everyone.. Then the door opened.

aviewaskewed
aviewaskewed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Blank Slate
Response to Writing Forum Lounge 2010-01-26 20:13:38 Reply

At 1/26/10 04:04 PM, gumOnShoe wrote: Hah, now I have a lounge I can join.

* tears up *

We don't want your kind around here....

I'm sorry, I just had to do it :)

You don't have to pass an IQ test to be in the senate. --Mark Pryor, Senator
The Endless Crew: Comics and general wackiness. Join us or die.
PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature
MultiCanimefan
MultiCanimefan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Writing Forum Lounge 2010-01-26 20:20:02 Reply

Finally, a place for writers! I almost couldn't believe it when it was mentioned to me, so here's to hoping I become a regular here! Looking forward to writing, reading, and providing feedback.

Krbyfan1
Krbyfan1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Melancholy
Response to Writing Forum Lounge 2010-01-26 20:20:40 Reply

At 1/26/10 06:03 PM, coure wrote:
At 1/26/10 06:02 PM, Krbyfan1 wrote: Make me laugh. That is all I will say for now.
How about we scare the crap out of you?

It's extremely hard to scare me through text. But go ahead and try it.

Krbyfan1(kur-bee-fan-one)- A creature that resides in the state of Colorado. Distinguished by his size, love of small mammals, video games, and the anime series "Tenchi Muyo!"

BBS Signature
Penrodeo
Penrodeo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Melancholy
Response to Writing Forum Lounge 2010-01-26 20:31:44 Reply

Bahaha a writing forum, awesome.

I'll be spending a lot of time in this forum, it's something I've always wanted on NG. Now I can break out some of my old stories and perhaps revise them with the criticism I get from my fellow peers.

Writing's been an amazing thing for me. It's been a way to release stress and convey/communicate with people when I lacked the courage to do so. Now that I've become far less shy I've noticed that I write considerably less. Hopefully I can get back into writing and finish a postponed project that I've had on my mind for a while.

I'm very much looking forward to seeing what other NG'ers have come up with above the pen.

BBS Signature
Kajenx
Kajenx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Writing Forum Lounge 2010-01-26 20:32:34 Reply

Oh god, this is on page 4 already!

Well I might grease my chops on this forum. I haven't done enough writing of late...

BBS Signature