00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Allthingz2020 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Writing Forum Lounge

187,187 Views | 2,353 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Writing Forum Lounge 2010-01-26 16:01:49

Feel free to chat among other regulars of the writing forum. If it's your first time posting then make sure you introduce yourself and tell us how writing has influenced your life.

Response to Writing Forum Lounge 2010-01-26 16:04:00

Wow, this is just great. I don't write much but I'm looking to do more. I find writing to be calming really, and reading is a great joy.

I look forward to speaking much time reading the great stories I know you guys will ofer.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to Writing Forum Lounge 2010-01-26 16:04:09

Can't wait to contribute to this forum, as I have a lot of stuff I'd like to show you all and get some feedback on. I'll wait until everything vamps up before showing you all anything.

I'm into surreal fiction.

BBS Signature

Response to Writing Forum Lounge 2010-01-26 16:06:20

Wheeeeeeeee :D:D:D

I'd best write something straight away.

Stop looking

Response to Writing Forum Lounge 2010-01-26 16:06:27

I shall make myself a regular of this forum!
So long, I've waited for a proper alternative to the General Forum, and here it is :D

Response to Writing Forum Lounge 2010-01-26 16:11:07

Yea, like do we post our literary works here verbatim or what?

Sig by Byte | Steam ID -- SilentCobra | PS3 Gamer Tag -- SlntCobra1

Writers Lounge | EGB | PS3

BBS Signature

Response to Writing Forum Lounge 2010-01-26 16:11:21

me "Hi, I'm blazer133 and I'm a writer."

crowed of peolpe. "Hi blazer133"

me "Hey guys"

well yea, this'll bne awesome!!!!!!!

NEVER FORGET

BBS Signature

Response to Writing Forum Lounge 2010-01-26 16:13:10

At 1/26/10 04:11 PM, blazer133 wrote: well yea, this'll bne awesome!!!!!!!

THIS THREAD WAS OPTIMISTIC UNTIL YOU TURNED UP.

A rule- no negative nancies! Please?

Stop looking

Response to Writing Forum Lounge 2010-01-26 16:13:55

I dont write that much, but whatever.

lololol first page

thanks to Exige2009 for the first sig, and PabMo for the current one, Sorry Exige, this one is just more of what I am looking for.

Whats the matter girls?

BBS Signature

Response to Writing Forum Lounge 2010-01-26 16:14:06

At 1/26/10 04:13 PM, SCUD14 wrote:
At 1/26/10 04:11 PM, blazer133 wrote: well yea, this'll bne awesome!!!!!!!
THIS THREAD WAS OPTIMISTIC UNTIL YOU TURNED UP.

A rule- no negative nancies! Please?

I wasn't being negative.....

NEVER FORGET

BBS Signature

Response to Writing Forum Lounge 2010-01-26 16:17:20

Well it's about time.

I've been writing since I was in about grade two, of course at that time I was writing stupid shit a little kid would write, but I showed talent at an early age for sure.

I still write to this day of course, but I haven't done anything lately. I have one long story I wrote on Deviant Art, that I'd love to share, some NGers have already read it.
Here is the link. Check it out, let me know what you think.

Response to Writing Forum Lounge 2010-01-26 16:20:04

I now feel at home. A place other than General or VG I can exist.

I don't have any material, but hey, now I have reason to write.

Huh?

BBS Signature

Response to Writing Forum Lounge 2010-01-26 16:23:10

So I'm guessing the lounge is merely for tossing ideas back and forth, right Fro?

BBS Signature

Response to Writing Forum Lounge 2010-01-26 16:23:22

This was much needed. Thank you, Newgrounds.

Writing hasn't really influenced my life, but I've always been good at it, even as a little tyke. Something about my vocabulary catches my teachers eye, I dunno. I'll be posting shit in this bitch anyway, because I want to +1 my post count and also, of course, showcase some of my writingz.

(:

BBS Signature

Response to Writing Forum Lounge 2010-01-26 16:24:21

While I think the Wi/Ht is still my favourite forum, C&C has now been bumped to number 3.

Perhaps I should see if people are interested in my script for a music video of Throw Away Your Television by the Red Hot Chili Peppers.

I feel like a kid in a sweet shop. Talking of which, I need some sweets.

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Writing Forum Lounge 2010-01-26 16:25:00

It's about time they come out with the writing forum.
Also hi others.

Response to Writing Forum Lounge 2010-01-26 16:28:27

At 1/26/10 04:23 PM, SlntCobra1 wrote: So I'm guessing the lounge is merely for tossing ideas back and forth, right Fro?

While this forum obviously doesn't have 'regulars' yet, I'm guessing that any lounge created will serve the purpose of letting users hang out and just chat to each other, like the politics lounge does for those regulars, and like how the Wi/Ht regulars list thread operates.

Unlike what the guys in politics have set up, I think it would be silly to forbid any talk of writing in a lounge thread here. Personally, I'd expect people to give little updates like 'I'm nearly done', but we'd be able to talk about a great deal of other things here (inspirations, opinions possibly, etc.). gum's thread is around for suggestions and such right now, but once this thing gets going, it'll need less of that, more of this, if that makes sense.

Response to Writing Forum Lounge 2010-01-26 16:29:32

Maybe the quality of flashes will rise as aspiring flash artists now have a forum to flock to when it comes to script writing. I mean, I need some feedback on various scripts that I'm busy writing up and I'm sure many others do.

You think song lyrics could work here?

BBS Signature

Response to Writing Forum Lounge 2010-01-26 16:31:47

Speaking of reasons for a Writing Forum Lounge, I don't see why this has to be limited to Writing. Seems like a good place to tell people who are intended in writing what good books you've been reading/have read and such. Doesn't have to be a place strict on just writing does it?

BBS Signature

Response to Writing Forum Lounge 2010-01-26 16:35:31

BBS Signature

Response to Writing Forum Lounge 2010-01-26 16:35:33

At 1/26/10 04:29 PM, DumbassDude wrote:

You think song lyrics could work here?

I don't see why not.

Anyway, I'm starting to write a story right now about a guy fighting in a war. Any ideas would be helpful.

Response to Writing Forum Lounge 2010-01-26 16:36:16

At 1/26/10 04:31 PM, Gagsy wrote: Doesn't have to be a place strict on just writing does it?

Of course not, hell, I doubt we could have a forum entirely dedicated to writing and relying on the userbase coming up with stories constantly, it wouldn't work and quite frankly, would be shiiiiit.

I'll start, I've been reading 'The Fabric of the Cosmos: Space, Time, and the Texture' of Reality by Brian Greene.

It concentrates more on the concept and discussion of astronomy, it's very interesting.

BBS Signature

Response to Writing Forum Lounge 2010-01-26 16:38:36

Could we get a bigger character limit for this forum?

Stop looking

Response to Writing Forum Lounge 2010-01-26 16:38:40

How about MOAR COWBELL?

Best weapons to be used:

P90
M134
M1A1 Abrams
Rocket Launcher
F/A-22 RAPTOR

Best armor:

Dragonskin. Nothing else need be said.

Best naval power:

Any and all Nimitz class aircraft carriers. Not too sure about a plot but, you'll figure something out.

BBS Signature

Response to Writing Forum Lounge 2010-01-26 16:45:10

I agree with Gagsy that we should also use the Lounge as a place to see what others are reading.

I am currently reading John Grisham's Playing For Pizza.

A good fish-out-of-water football story set in Italy. I'm not a huge fan of Grisham but this is a nice read.

Huh?

BBS Signature

Response to Writing Forum Lounge 2010-01-26 16:47:32

A good book that I've read is Ghost Rider by Neil Peart. It's the story of his ride from Canada down to Mexico city that he took after his wife and daughter died.

Response to Writing Forum Lounge 2010-01-26 16:54:39

At 1/26/10 04:53 PM, FBIpolux wrote:
I currently have 200+ pages written for my first ever novel which I plan on publishing this year... in French. Obviously I'll get it translated and if I'm lucky Tom will let me sell it through the NG store :P

Can I ask what the story is about?

BBS Signature

Response to Writing Forum Lounge 2010-01-26 16:55:39

Hmm, I feel tempted to post some of my much older stories and poetry from early high school even though most of it probably wouldn't reflect the way I write now.

Lately I haven't been doing as much creative writing as I used to do--the last time I did any was about 2 weeks ago, but I'll do more work on that story once I get around to it.

Former iron fist mod of the NG Featureless Chat from May 23, 2012 to May 4, 2014.

NYC Meet 2010 | NYC Meet 2011 | NYC Meet 2013

BBS Signature

Response to Writing Forum Lounge 2010-01-26 16:55:42

At 1/26/10 04:03 PM, SCTE3 wrote: Well this kicks things up a notch, will enjoy posting stories here from time to time, and curse you on posting this forum lounge before I did, aw well.

Ha, I actually saw that the forums were down with the edit button message and new that it meant new forums. I read something by Tom not too long ago that the forum was going to be made soon so I wrote this up ahead of time. I knew that a lounge really didn't need a large opening post.

At 1/26/10 04:04 PM, Gagsy wrote: Wow, this is just great. I don't write much but I'm looking to do more. I find writing to be calming really, and reading is a great joy.

I look forward to speaking much time reading the great stories I know you guys will ofer.

Yeah, I love to write, but I love to read just as much if not more so this is going to be a great place for me to sit down when I don't have anything to do and just go through stories.

At 1/26/10 04:23 PM, SlntCobra1 wrote: So I'm guessing the lounge is merely for tossing ideas back and forth, right Fro?

It's a lounge. Lounge with people lol. Talk about anything within the rules of the website. If it's about writing and reading then great.

For example, the lounge in the clubs and crew section really doesn't ever talk about clubs.

At 1/26/10 04:24 PM, Coop83 wrote: While I think the Wi/Ht is still my favourite forum, C&C has now been bumped to number 3.

I honestly think this will jump up to number 1. The Wi/Ht and the C&C will be somewhat tied at number 2.

At 1/26/10 04:38 PM, SCUD14 wrote: Could we get a bigger character limit for this forum?

You could always put stories on your userpage and then link them in a thread. ;)

Response to Writing Forum Lounge 2010-01-26 16:55:55

Collaboration threads would be interesting.

You could say it's a forum game but I use the term 'game' very loosely. Someone could write the first few sentences of a poem, and then someone could add to it, and then again, until a poem is finished, of course it would work better with stories as the stories can continue for dozens of pages and actually produce decent work if moderated correctly.

I have to say, I'm looking forward to peoples works as I'm eager to see if we have writers that don't simply tackle typical themes and use free verse, but writers who use traditional forms with dense references and even unexpected imagery.

I'm quite into poems if you haven't guessed, so you'll find that my poems will often have soaric poetic expressions that of poets such as Hart Crane.

BBS Signature