00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Jmurr12 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

New Forums, new poster!

33,839 Views | 141 Replies
Respond to this Topic

New Forums, new poster! 2010-01-26 16:00:03

Sorry, the big news isn't an EDIT button if any of you saw that maintenance message while the forums were down. We're just total dicks.

The BIG NEWS today is that liljim has revamped a bunch of stuff on the forum back-end, allowing us to finally re-organize the forum listing and add some new forums!

This will have the most impact in the Creator & Artist category, where we've added new forums for Animation, Writing and Collaboration!

With the animation forum, you can post works in progress to Dumping Grounds and share those links for critiques and feedback.

The Writing Forum is a lead-in to the inevitable Writing Portal and finally provides a gathering spot for all the writers on NG!

Finally, the Collaboration forum is something we have sorely needed for years now, as it has been historically relegated to the Flash forum. Animation and collaboration shouldn't be limited to the Flash forum because both areas expand far beyond the realm of Flash.

The Flash forum is now categorized under "Developer & Programmer" forums, which are geared towards programming languages and authoring tools.

NG will be going through some major evolutions this year and this helps lay the groundwork!

And remember that multi-stage launch that started with Dumping Grounds? Well it's still coming... And it doesn't involve CHAT so SORRY.

In other news...

David Orr has released the full version of his song 4 Brave Champions from Castle Crashers!

Speaking of Castle Crashers music, The Hextalls have made a song about Castle Crashers and you can hear it on their Myspace page!

NeuroSky MindSet is a set of brainwave sensing headphones that can be used to control games and apps with your thoughts! Here's info about linking it up with Flash. Imagine the possibilities! If anyone makes something for this, let me know!

Don't forget about Flixel February though, if your New Years resolution was to learn some new tools.

BTW, be sure to pick up this Physeter Poster by Wolfenheim!

New Forums, new poster!

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to New Forums, new poster! 2010-01-26 16:01:58

You sick little man. Edit button indeed.

BLITZ MY CHAKRAS.

BBS Signature

Response to New Forums, new poster! 2010-01-26 16:02:10

At 1/26/10 04:00 PM, TomFulp wrote: Sorry, the big news isn't an EDIT button if any of you saw that maintenance message while the forums were down. We're just total dicks.

FUCK YOU TOM!

illicit makes a damn good signature.

BBS Signature

Response to New Forums, new poster! 2010-01-26 16:02:40

Holy shit, big news!

BBS Signature

Response to New Forums, new poster! 2010-01-26 16:03:46

Adding an Animation forum is, in my most humble opinion, a strange move. I think it will only cause confusion. The Flash forum will be as empty as a vacuum soon...

BBS Signature

Response to New Forums, new poster! 2010-01-26 16:03:47

So I can edit all my posts to say "Penis" and no one would be the wiser?

The work, which becomes a new genre itself, will be called...

BBS Signature

Response to New Forums, new poster! 2010-01-26 16:04:39

Loving the new layout for the forums so far.

I'll just have to try and remember to stop scrolling to the bottom of the page for the VG forum!

Sig made by simon <3

360 Gamertag - Warshark NG

PSN ID - xI_Warshark_Ix

BBS Signature

Response to New Forums, new poster! 2010-01-26 16:04:53

I just KNEW there wouldn't be an edit button haha.
Great work guys!

Response to New Forums, new poster! 2010-01-26 16:05:01

Kick ass poster, and I like the idea of the Collab forum. It will keep the flash forum less cluttered.

Response to New Forums, new poster! 2010-01-26 16:05:22

I had the second post in the writing forum

BBS Signature

Response to New Forums, new poster! 2010-01-26 16:05:26

Fix your forum jump button/list thing.

If you are reading this, it means I have posted. Whether or not I am still posting, this has left its mark, for many years to come.

BBS Signature

Response to New Forums, new poster! 2010-01-26 16:05:47

The forum-jump drop-down menu thingy hasn't been updated yet, by the way. I use it all the time, so is that going to be updated as well?

BBS Signature

Response to New Forums, new poster! 2010-01-26 16:05:51

The cult of 17, 18, 19 is now accepting new members!

BBS Signature

Response to New Forums, new poster! 2010-01-26 16:05:56

Fuck yeah first topic etc.

This is awesome news, I've been looking forward to the writing forum for some time now, should be great. And the seperate collaboration forum is a great idea for cleaning up the Flash forum. One problem, the forum quick jump isn't displaying the new forums at the moment.

Response to New Forums, new poster! 2010-01-26 16:06:06

sweet, the collabo forum will be great!

BBS Signature

Response to New Forums, new poster! 2010-01-26 16:06:23

BBS rules update too?

Response to New Forums, new poster! 2010-01-26 16:06:50

At 1/26/10 04:02 PM, H-A-X-O-R-Z wrote:
At 1/26/10 04:00 PM, TomFulp wrote: Sorry, the big news isn't an EDIT button if any of you saw that maintenance message while the forums were down. We're just total dicks.
FUCK YOU TOM!

Hear hear!!! WE WANT OUR DAMN EDIT BUTTON!!!!!

FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!

Sig by Byte | Steam ID -- SilentCobra | PS3 Gamer Tag -- SlntCobra1

Writers Lounge | EGB | PS3

BBS Signature

Response to New Forums, new poster! 2010-01-26 16:07:56

By the way; Are you guys going to fix the "forum jump" menu at the top and bottom of the forum pages? They haven't been changed yet ;)

Response to New Forums, new poster! 2010-01-26 16:09:20

Great work on the new forums. A good step forward for NG I think.

I'll be sure to get one of those awesome posters too.

Thanks.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to New Forums, new poster! 2010-01-26 16:09:33

This is better than an edit button! Thanks Tom!

Response to New Forums, new poster! 2010-01-26 16:10:38

Well, now there will finally be less collab threads in the flash forums. And, if you think about it, a lot less stuff will be considered as spam because of the writing forum, since random stories will be more welcome there.

Response to New Forums, new poster! 2010-01-26 16:10:40

I'm kind of excited about this. Usually when I go to the flash forum, there are a million topics about programming--Something I know NOTHING about.

Woo.

Response to New Forums, new poster! 2010-01-26 16:10:55

I like the new forum editions Tom, although I don't think I'll be using them much to be honest. I don't like how the Wi/Ht? is pushed from top of the list to the bottom though, but I suppose I'll get used to that soon enough.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to New Forums, new poster! 2010-01-26 16:11:28

GODAMIT TOM WHER IS DAT MSPANT FROUM U PROMSISED!!!1
^___________________^

Props to liljim for the new forum! more forums = moar places to ban ppl TEEHEE ^_______^

Wakka wakka

Response to New Forums, new poster! 2010-01-26 16:12:13

also what is the point of this forum?

http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/forum/6

If you are reading this, it means I have posted. Whether or not I am still posting, this has left its mark, for many years to come.

BBS Signature

Response to New Forums, new poster! 2010-01-26 16:14:40

when the winter layout's gone from the site, you should really announce the winners of the winer competition.

</3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

BBS Signature

Response to New Forums, new poster! 2010-01-26 16:16:45

I'm excited about the new forums, eeeven thooough you brooooke my heeeart and killed me...

Ye

Response to New Forums, new poster! 2010-01-26 16:16:47

Tommy ol boy when are you gonna update the drop down menu!?

The guy below me is gay

BBS Signature

Response to New Forums, new poster! 2010-01-26 16:16:47

Nice work. I hope this makes the forums more useful for contributors and authors.

Although the Wi/Ht? forum seems sorta buried now that's it's near the very bottom of the list, so I wonder if it will receive even less traffic than it already does, with more people asking site questions in the general forum. I mean, if it's supposed to be a forum for newbs, I would think it would be better near the top of the list so people notice it exists. But I might also be totally off-base, so time will tell.

BBS Signature

Response to New Forums, new poster! 2010-01-26 16:18:17

At 1/26/10 04:16 PM, UberCream wrote: I'm excited about the new forums, eeeven thooough you brooooke my heeeart and killed me...

Oh, sorry I forgot to ask in the my last post (an edit button would have fixed that... Just sayin'), but will there ever be a forum for photoshop threads?

Ye