New Topic Respond to this Topic
GACBassPlayer
GACBassPlayer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Melancholy
Response to >>Fitness Club<< -- Newgrounds Gym 2013-06-11 17:10:57 Reply

Yesterday I pulled 435 with 4 heavy 5/8" chains, roughly 500lbs at the top. Any big deadlifters in here?

GACBassPlayer
GACBassPlayer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Melancholy
Response to >>Fitness Club<< -- Newgrounds Gym 2013-06-11 17:27:05 Reply

At 12/6/12 09:38 AM, Saen wrote: I need a few effective exercises that isolate your hip muscles, preferably ones I can do at my apartment. I learned that my hip muscles will actually generate much more power and speed in my golf swings opposed to just my arm speed.

I can really only think of cable resistance exercises and 6 inch killers, but those don't really isolate your hips.

Best thing you can do for hip explosion is cleans from a hang. Don't shrug the bar off the bat. Drop your hips a few inches and use hip explosion to get the bar moving, then follow through with the traps after full hip extension. Keep the weight light until you find a good groove.

Shaun
Shaun
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Blank Slate
Response to >>Fitness Club<< -- Newgrounds Gym 2013-06-28 12:26:31 Reply

At 6/11/13 05:10 PM, GACBassPlayer wrote: Yesterday I pulled 435 with 4 heavy 5/8" chains, roughly 500lbs at the top. Any big deadlifters in here?

Not even close to that.. I think max I do is 350lbs..
Do love deadlift but it isn't a huge focus at the moment. Don't want to go too heavy and hurt my back in rugby season.

// Sig Makers // WWE Fans // Tumblr //

BBS Signature
Yoshiii343
Yoshiii343
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Audiophile
Response to >>Fitness Club<< -- Newgrounds Gym 2013-12-04 04:55:46 Reply

Hey guys. Sorry to revive the old thread, but what sorta workout would you suggest who has never worked out before/pretty unfit?

Jacob
Jacob
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Voice Actor
Response to >>Fitness Club<< -- Newgrounds Gym 2014-06-10 20:58:24 Reply

At 6/10/13 05:40 PM, Randominator wrote:
At 6/10/13 05:13 PM, Himynameisjacob wrote: The split is temporary, mostly for the summer. But as for being too much? I'm not even very sore the day after. I'm not too worried.
Whatever, you'll feel like an idiot when it gets you nowhere. For your own sake, seriously consider what I said in my previous post- i'm qualified to give this kind of advice.

This is where I was about seven months ago at 176lbs. I'm currently 210lbs, cutting down to a similar bodyfat%. I should be there at 195-200lbs.
I don't feel like an idiot.

>>Fitness Club<< -- Newgrounds Gym

I voice act because I'm insecure about my weight.

BBS Signature
AliceN7
AliceN7
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Artist
Response to >>Fitness Club<< -- Newgrounds Gym 2014-06-13 14:20:20 Reply

Hey guys :) Just got a question, I do exercises 3 times a week and I exercise gym and running. But i'm woman and i dont want to look really muscular like man ;/ even now i have really wide shoulders ( after 2 month of gym- after only pumps lol) and if i only do exercise and don't have a diet with a lot of protein ( pasta, rice and chicken etc) and keep exercise on gym ( it means pumps and some exercises with dumbbells) will i only get wiry but not really muscular?? because it doesn't fit to woman ;D Really i need help, holiday are coming and i dont know if should keep do it, change something or stop it ;| I get muscular really fast...

"You can run like leopard, fight like a Krogan but you'd never be better than Commander Shepard" ;D

BBS Signature
Jacob
Jacob
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Voice Actor
Response to >>Fitness Club<< -- Newgrounds Gym 2014-06-14 19:59:23 Reply

At 6/13/14 02:20 PM, AliceN7 wrote: Hey guys :) Just got a question, I do exercises 3 times a week and I exercise gym and running. But i'm woman and i dont want to look really muscular like man ;/ even now i have really wide shoulders ( after 2 month of gym- after only pumps lol) and if i only do exercise and don't have a diet with a lot of protein ( pasta, rice and chicken etc) and keep exercise on gym ( it means pumps and some exercises with dumbbells) will i only get wiry but not really muscular?? because it doesn't fit to woman ;D Really i need help, holiday are coming and i dont know if should keep do it, change something or stop it ;| I get muscular really fast...

Even female bodybuilders tend not to be particularly muscular, due to much lower levels of testosterone. So long as you maintain a healthy amount of body fat, you shouldn't become ripped or anything.
I would, however, recommend building muscle in certain areas, particularly legs. Increased muscularity in the lower body can help create disparity between the two halves, making your upper body appear slimmer by contrast.

Deadlift for the booty, squats for quads, calf raises for calves (lol), etc. Lunges and whatnot aren't a bad idea, either.

Don't worry about becoming too muscular. If it were that easy, every guy would be buff!

I voice act because I'm insecure about my weight.

BBS Signature
AliceN7
AliceN7
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Artist
Response to >>Fitness Club<< -- Newgrounds Gym 2014-06-15 05:09:29 Reply

Yeah true, thank you for an advice ;P now let's go to the gym xD

"You can run like leopard, fight like a Krogan but you'd never be better than Commander Shepard" ;D

BBS Signature