New Topic Respond to this Topic
ArmouredGRIFFON
ArmouredGRIFFON
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Reader
Response to >>Fitness Club<< -- Newgrounds Gym Jul. 4th, 2010 @ 02:39 PM Reply

At 7/4/10 02:14 PM, Afromaster wrote: I haven't even finished an entire week of the P90X and I am already seeing results.

This is why P90X seems incredibly flawed to me.
Have you taken before and after pictures?

Your friendly neighbourhood devils advocate.

BBS Signature
Limited
Limited
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Writer
Response to >>Fitness Club<< -- Newgrounds Gym Jul. 4th, 2010 @ 03:03 PM Reply

At 7/4/10 02:39 PM, ArmouredGRIFFON wrote:
At 7/4/10 02:14 PM, Afromaster wrote: I haven't even finished an entire week of the P90X and I am already seeing results.

Why does it working fast make it seem flawed?

BBS Signature
lollipopers582
lollipopers582
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to >>Fitness Club<< -- Newgrounds Gym Jul. 5th, 2010 @ 02:16 PM Reply

At 7/4/10 03:03 PM, Limited wrote:

it just makes it seem like you go through lot of pain. but no pain no gain right :D

People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day
Roses are red violets are blue, God made me pretty, what happened to you?

BBS Signature
Limited
Limited
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Writer
Response to >>Fitness Club<< -- Newgrounds Gym Jul. 5th, 2010 @ 06:31 PM Reply

At 7/5/10 02:16 PM, lollipopers582 wrote:
At 7/4/10 03:03 PM, Limited wrote:
it just makes it seem like you go through lot of pain. but no pain no gain right :D

I've just finished Day 1 and I think that it's the intensity of it that produces fast results, if you want to keep up the improvement then you need to keep pushing yourself. Hopefully I'll be able to but I'm focusing on actually getting through it first.

BBS Signature
dale2112
dale2112
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to >>Fitness Club<< -- Newgrounds Gym Jul. 5th, 2010 @ 07:19 PM Reply

can i join? along the way, i'm as strong as this guy

&gt;&gt;Fitness Club&lt;&lt; -- Newgrounds Gym

TheRipper00
TheRipper00
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Movie Buff
Response to >>Fitness Club<< -- Newgrounds Gym Jul. 5th, 2010 @ 07:43 PM Reply

I decided to rep America on the 4th of July. Cpt. America in the Flesh!!

&gt;&gt;Fitness Club&lt;&lt; -- Newgrounds Gym

Hitman Crew - Hitman Absolution
Governor of the ZSC
PSN is in my sig or flashing on your screen after I kill you.

BBS Signature
Obvious-M
Obvious-M
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to >>Fitness Club<< -- Newgrounds Gym Jul. 6th, 2010 @ 03:49 PM Reply

At 7/5/10 07:43 PM, TheRipper00 wrote: I decided to rep America on the 4th of July. Cpt. America in the Flesh!!

Haha, first thought was you look a bit like a muscular Seth Rogen.

Gamertag- MarshallxDav | Steam ID- Eshneh | LastFM- MarshallNPK

BBS Signature
lollipopers582
lollipopers582
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to >>Fitness Club<< -- Newgrounds Gym Jul. 6th, 2010 @ 07:31 PM Reply

yo newgrounds im going for vacation for 3 weeks but i dont want to lose my muscle is there anything i can do not to lose so much muscle like my diet or anything

BBS Signature
ArmouredGRIFFON
ArmouredGRIFFON
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Reader
Response to >>Fitness Club<< -- Newgrounds Gym Jul. 6th, 2010 @ 08:31 PM Reply

At 7/6/10 07:31 PM, lollipopers582 wrote: yo newgrounds im going for vacation for 3 weeks but i dont want to lose my muscle is there anything i can do not to lose so much muscle like my diet or anything

Don't eat any crap. High protein diet. Work whatever muscles you can. Personally I wouldn't go on holiday anywhere WITHOUT a gym.

BBS Signature
lollipopers582
lollipopers582
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to >>Fitness Club<< -- Newgrounds Gym Jul. 7th, 2010 @ 08:07 PM Reply

At 7/6/10 08:31 PM, ArmouredGRIFFON wrote:
At 7/6/10 07:31 PM, lollipopers582 wrote: yo newgrounds im going for vacation for 3 weeks but i dont want to lose my muscle is there anything i can do not to lose so much muscle like my diet or anything
Don't eat any crap. High protein diet. Work whatever muscles you can. Personally I wouldn't go on holiday anywhere WITHOUT a gym.

ok thanks btw there is something ive been meaning to ask, witch are the foods with most protein, like chicken brest and that shit and witch is the best protein shake to take if you want to build lean muscle?

BBS Signature
Nev
Nev
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to >>Fitness Club<< -- Newgrounds Gym Jul. 8th, 2010 @ 02:34 PM Reply

At 7/7/10 08:07 PM, lollipopers582 wrote: ok thanks btw there is something ive been meaning to ask, witch are the foods with most protein, like chicken brest and that shit...

Turkey, eggs. chicken (as you said) and peanuts (and nuts in general... I think) are the best from what I can remember off the top of my head.

Metal Hell ## Guitarists ## Stand Up Comedy
PSN: Look-a-Hill
Somewhere Over the Rainbow

BBS Signature
ArmouredGRIFFON
ArmouredGRIFFON
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Reader
Response to >>Fitness Club<< -- Newgrounds Gym Jul. 8th, 2010 @ 03:29 PM Reply

At 7/8/10 02:34 PM, Nev wrote:
At 7/7/10 08:07 PM, lollipopers582 wrote: ok thanks btw there is something ive been meaning to ask, witch are the foods with most protein, like chicken brest and that shit...
Turkey, eggs. chicken (as you said) and peanuts (and nuts in general... I think) are the best from what I can remember off the top of my head.

The protein shake you take depends entirely on how you train. So does your nutrition intake. Don't just think that by stacking on as much protein as possible you'll build muscles faster because you won't. Yes, too much is still 'enough', but it is still too much!

BBS Signature
ArmouredGRIFFON
ArmouredGRIFFON
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Reader
Response to >>Fitness Club<< -- Newgrounds Gym Jul. 8th, 2010 @ 03:36 PM Reply

Oh yeah.

Tesco's Scotch Eggs are a nutritional godsend.

BBS Signature
Obvious-M
Obvious-M
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to >>Fitness Club<< -- Newgrounds Gym Jul. 9th, 2010 @ 12:12 AM Reply

At 7/8/10 03:36 PM, ArmouredGRIFFON wrote: Oh yeah.

Tesco's Scotch Eggs are a nutritional godsend.

Sainsburys monkey nuts for your protein needs, expect yellow shit though.

Gamertag- MarshallxDav | Steam ID- Eshneh | LastFM- MarshallNPK

BBS Signature
ArmouredGRIFFON
ArmouredGRIFFON
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Reader
Response to >>Fitness Club<< -- Newgrounds Gym Jul. 9th, 2010 @ 09:15 AM Reply

Right newgrounds. We need to talk. Exercise and Alcohol.

I have a party that I really have to go to (best friends 17th), and obviously I'ma going to drink.

Thing is its on the night on one of my Gym days, the most intensive strength one. So do I.

A) Gym, take protein shake after the gym, and drink alcohol.
B) Gym the day after the party, with a potential hangover, but at least then the alcohol won't mix with my 50g post workout protein intake.

BBS Signature
Jercurpac
Jercurpac
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Melancholy
Response to >>Fitness Club<< -- Newgrounds Gym Jul. 9th, 2010 @ 06:38 PM Reply

At 7/9/10 09:15 AM, ArmouredGRIFFON wrote: Right newgrounds. We need to talk. Exercise and Alcohol.

I say exercise on the day of the party. Personally, I know I fall into a habit of, "Oh I can just exercise tomorrow," very easily so I'm very big on maintaining a schedule when it comes to exercise. Plus, if you're planning on it being your most intense workout of the week do you really want to attempt it hung-over? You're going to be both mentally and physically out of it. Even beyond that your body is dealing with cleaning the toxins out so you're not going to get the same benefits that you would usually. Bottom line, it's bad wither way, but you're better off doing beforehand so you get a better work out.

Also, I'm driving down to the shore early tomorrow to do The Belmar 5. Five miles isn't all that much to me anymore, but it'll be interesting to see how fast I can do it as this is the first real run of this sort that I've done. Anything under an hour and I'll be happy.

Happy with what you have to be happy with
you have to be happy with what you have
to be happy with you have to be happy with what you have

BBS Signature
Jercurpac
Jercurpac
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Melancholy
Response to >>Fitness Club<< -- Newgrounds Gym Jul. 10th, 2010 @ 02:54 PM Reply

Got back from my race today. Five miles in 47:08.94, better than I though I'd do this time around, but I know I have a whole lot of room for improvement. I'd like to go back next year and see my time be under the 40 minute mark. Now, I'm just about the very top of the bell curve for all the runners there.

The fact that I was able to maintain a pace of more than six miles per hour gives me hope that I can do the same when I do my half marathon in September. Ideally I'd be shooting to come in under 2 and a half hours for that one.

BBS Signature
Nev
Nev
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to >>Fitness Club<< -- Newgrounds Gym Jul. 10th, 2010 @ 06:30 PM Reply

At 7/10/10 02:54 PM, Jercurpac wrote: Got back from my race today. Five miles in 47:08.94

Was that running/jogging? Cause I have friends who claim they can walk 5 miles in that time. I called bullshit.

Metal Hell ## Guitarists ## Stand Up Comedy
PSN: Look-a-Hill
Somewhere Over the Rainbow

BBS Signature
Jercurpac
Jercurpac
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Melancholy
Response to >>Fitness Club<< -- Newgrounds Gym Jul. 11th, 2010 @ 01:14 AM Reply

At 7/10/10 06:30 PM, Nev wrote:
At 7/10/10 02:54 PM, Jercurpac wrote: Got back from my race today. Five miles in 47:08.94
Was that running/jogging? Cause I have friends who claim they can walk 5 miles in that time. I called bullshit.

That's a pace of a little over six miles per hour. If someone says can do that walking, even at a brisk walk, then they're either liars or their legs are six feet long.

BBS Signature
Afromaster
Afromaster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to >>Fitness Club<< -- Newgrounds Gym Jul. 11th, 2010 @ 01:09 PM Reply

How in the hell could it be flawed if I'm already showing results?
You take a picture every thirty days. I'm not even done week two. I look a lot better and feel much stronger though.

DKhands OG XBL Gamertag

ArmouredGRIFFON
ArmouredGRIFFON
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Reader
Response to >>Fitness Club<< -- Newgrounds Gym Jul. 15th, 2010 @ 08:32 AM Reply

At 7/11/10 01:09 PM, Afromaster wrote:
You take a picture every thirty days. I'm not even done week two. I look a lot better and feel much stronger though.

I don't want to burst your bubble but are you sure its not psychological. Major results after one week? From someone whose been exercising there entire life it just seems pretty out of the question. Can you gauge the 'results' you've seen and perhaps post before and after pictures. I'm not trying to bash it or anything but that sounds very dodgy. Unless your completely new to this whole exercise thing, where you might feel stronger as your body starts to (for the first time) develop in that way.

BBS Signature
ArmouredGRIFFON
ArmouredGRIFFON
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Reader
Response to >>Fitness Club<< -- Newgrounds Gym Jul. 15th, 2010 @ 08:35 AM Reply

At 7/11/10 01:09 PM, Afromaster wrote:

I don't want to burst your bubble but are you sure its not psychological. Major results after one week? From someone whose been exercising there entire life it just seems pretty out of the question. Can you gauge the 'results' you've seen and perhaps post before and after pictures. I'm not trying to bash it or anything but that sounds very dodgy. Unless your completely new to this whole exercise thing, where you might feel stronger as your body starts to (for the first time) develop in that way.

I mean I've looked over the P90x workout sheets and it looks pretty easy to be honest, in terms of regular repeated circuit training.

Anyway best of luck to ye! Post pictures if you can please :)!

BBS Signature
ArmouredGRIFFON
ArmouredGRIFFON
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Reader
Response to >>Fitness Club<< -- Newgrounds Gym Jul. 15th, 2010 @ 07:25 PM Reply

At 7/15/10 06:31 PM, BubblyPersonalitee wrote: I got two 25 pound dumbells for my birthday, by request.

I am a wimpy feller without any real muscles to begin with. I've started using them but it takes literally all of my energy.

What's a good number of reps to do for each arm everyday that will have some impact over the course of a year?

As many as possible until failure I guess? That is if you are stuck with that weight.

BBS Signature
Elfer
Elfer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Blank Slate
Response to >>Fitness Club<< -- Newgrounds Gym Jul. 23rd, 2010 @ 09:48 AM Reply

At 7/15/10 08:13 PM, BubblyPersonalitee wrote:
At 7/15/10 07:25 PM, ArmouredGRIFFON wrote:
As many as possible until failure I guess? That is if you are stuck with that weight.
Well..what if I did 30 a day on each arm..would that be beneficial at all or no??

It would be somewhat beneficial, but if you do the same amount each day, you'll eventually level out and stop progressing.

You should also check out the different exercises you can do with dumbbells, since there's a lot more to it than bicep curls. Asking "How many reps should I do?" is a lot like asking "How many food should I eat?" It's technically a valid question, but it's not very specific and indicates that you need to read up some more on what you're doing.

ArmouredGRIFFON
ArmouredGRIFFON
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Reader
Response to >>Fitness Club<< -- Newgrounds Gym Jul. 26th, 2010 @ 05:07 PM Reply

Apparently Protien Shakes can damage your liver. The way to avoid that apparently is to drink Thistle Milk, which can be bought from many Supplement Stores. I got this tip from my uncle who's a guru on nutrition and stuff (he knows crazy things), but for the validity of it I'm not too certain.

Well I'm going to take his word for this, although I can't find much else on the internet but Thistle Milk being sold.

But it seems like an amazing idea to stock up on it if your expecting to drink alcohol and such excessively. It seems key in helping retain the nutrition and 'bad stuff' lost from excessive alcohol drinking.

Oh and some of the prices for protein shakes on...

http://www.phd-fitness.co.uk Are pretty sick.

www.myprotien.co.uk is excellent too!

BBS Signature
TheSilverSerpent
TheSilverSerpent
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to >>Fitness Club<< -- Newgrounds Gym Jul. 27th, 2010 @ 01:32 PM Reply

So far I'm overweight enough to notice it, but not enough to call myself fat =/
I've been doing a hour on the treadmill, I know it's not nearly enough but I'd like your opinion on what I should do to drop 8 kilograms within 5 months

TheSilverSerpent: Kickin' it with a new kind of style.

BBS Signature
Fro
Fro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Filmmaker
Response to >>Fitness Club<< -- Newgrounds Gym Jul. 27th, 2010 @ 01:38 PM Reply

At 7/27/10 01:32 PM, TheSilverSerpent wrote: So far I'm overweight enough to notice it, but not enough to call myself fat =/
I've been doing a hour on the treadmill, I know it's not nearly enough but I'd like your opinion on what I should do to drop 8 kilograms within 5 months

Well you can't just do the same thing every time if you want to lose weight. For example, you do an hour on the treadmill, but every time you should try to go a little bit further in distance or speed by just a little bit. The slight increase will make it easy on your body to adjust and the only way to actually lose more weight is to do a little bit more. This will help with your calories burned to calories eaten ratio. As you imagine you have to burn more in a day than you eat to lose weight.

If you're only doing the treadmill then I recommend doing pushups and crunches/sit-ups as well. If you'd like you could also do air squats. This is assuming you don't have gym access of course. If you do then there is so much more that you can do.

Anyway, don't think that just because your arms might be in good shape or whatever that doing pushups won't help you lose weight around the midsection. Doing an exercise will help muscles grow in the area that you exercise, but your body fat is interconnected. This means walking, running, pushups, and abs all burn fat from your body all around and it doesn't target one specific area.

BBS Signature
Elfer
Elfer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Blank Slate
Response to >>Fitness Club<< -- Newgrounds Gym Jul. 27th, 2010 @ 01:53 PM Reply

Now that I'm starting to send higher-rated climbs at my gym (high 5.10 to low 5.11), they're starting to get a bit spotty and awkward. Most of the routes are marked by the colour of the holds, but sometimes they're poorly lit and it's hard to tell if a hold is in or not (especially ones on adjacent routes).

There's also an issue with some of the climbs being set by a really tall guy, who puts the holds at an appropriate distance for his own arms, then rates the climb too low, when you take into account that having to reach the extra six inches cranks the move up a grade for most people.

I wish I lived in a town with a better climbing gym, but work with what you got, I guess. To be fair, some of the routes are really good.

Yudios
Yudios
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to >>Fitness Club<< -- Newgrounds Gym Aug. 16th, 2010 @ 03:16 AM Reply

Can you guys help me outdo I have a problem or somthing? I'm not concerend it's just annoying.

The-word-destroyer
The-word-destroyer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to >>Fitness Club<< -- Newgrounds Gym Aug. 16th, 2010 @ 03:54 AM Reply

I would read but I don't have the proper attention span to read everything so hopefully you guys will respond to my question.

I just joined the Military (Navy branch) but unfortuanetly I have to wait until august of next year to ship out. But the good thing to this is I now have a year to get into shape. What steps should I take to do all of this? I just got a job also by the way so I can afford a gym if this is reccomended.

Now heres what I can do. I can run a mile in a half under 12 mins as required by bootcamp Physical test. I can do about 45 push up's (sad) until I'm tired. I need to improve on this I havent been doing them lately. I just did them right now too see how much I can handle. I can do about 183 situps until I give up which is bad because I used to be able to do 300.

I'm going to start doing Sit up's and Push up's every night and morning when I wake up until I can at least do 300 sit ups and do 75 push ups (at the least) I will be running a mile a day well a mile in a half twice a day. Once in the morning and once at night.

Now if this helps to on how and who I am and what I should do. I'm 6ft'2in. (don't know how many cm that is) I weight 172 pounds. Have a bit of a belly going and am somewhat for some hell of an odd reason flexible. Keep in mind that I'm also only starting the work out when I wake up this morning. Any advice on what I should do to make my work out's more fun. More smooth. What I should and how much I should do would be greatly appreciated.

Also if theres anything you guy's and gal's could recommend a diet I switch to? Which I usually just eat regular food and drink only waters now. Is it a good Idea to use a Sana to lose weight btw? Just wondering. Also if I should drink Protein shakes and if so what kind do you guys thing I should be drinking?

Sorry for the long read but to those of you who reply I greatly appreciate it :D

tl;dr. Needa work out more. Wtf should I do?

"Target is going to be flooded with desperate NGers now."LoKoCoCo lol

BBS Signature