Be a Supporter!

Ng London Meet VII 2010

  • 57,575 Views
  • 1,055 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Sheizenhammer
Sheizenhammer
  • Member since: Dec. 31, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-02-18 08:49:34 Reply

At 2/18/10 08:44 AM, therealanimator wrote: its the face..your face...it looked like you cummed in the jacuzzi..

You think that's water they're bathing in?

therealanimator
therealanimator
  • Member since: Aug. 31, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Gamer
Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-02-18 08:50:03 Reply

At 2/18/10 08:49 AM, Sheizenhammer wrote:
At 2/18/10 08:44 AM, therealanimator wrote: its the face..your face...it looked like you cummed in the jacuzzi..
You think that's water they're bathing in?

well i know its sweet lemonade


cherry garcia: its like having an angel cum in your mouth

BBS Signature
SkeletonGimp
SkeletonGimp
  • Member since: Aug. 10, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-02-18 10:37:56 Reply

Update on health front

Steroids have worked, swelling has been reduced and I look set to make a solid recovery.

I avoid 'full' recovery for a specific reason. I will permanently have slight breathing problems and the pain will come back one day. Once you get it, it's there for life sorta thing.

However, this does mean so long as I avoid heavy lifting/too much drinking I CAN make it to this august's event.


Roleplaying is to the mind what masturbation is to the body - Shalashaska-1, 2008
Feel free to MSN me: warsmithdave@msn.com
Beware the NGSkeletonGimp! M:tG Klub.

BBS Signature
Ericho
Ericho
  • Member since: Sep. 21, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 53
Movie Buff
Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-02-18 10:53:48 Reply

I heard somewhere that Britain has more users on Newgrounds than any other country, including America. That would not surprise me in the least, seeing as how we have people like David Firth, Jonti Picking (Weebl) and Wonchop. Seeing as how we focus more on anime than other things, I am surprised there aren't more Japanese fans here.


You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock

BananaBreadMuffin
BananaBreadMuffin
  • Member since: Jul. 8, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 41
Programmer
Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-02-18 11:47:44 Reply

At 2/18/10 10:53 AM, Ericho wrote: I heard somewhere that Britain has more users on Newgrounds than any other country, including America.

I seem to recall it as that we have a higher proportion of overall population on NG than the states.

IE: lets say 0.5% of the UK has gone on NG before (way too high a figure but whatever), whereas only 0.1% of America has gone on NG. Y'know, just hypothetical but whatever.

But the popularity of the meets here has to be more with the fact that England's tiny.

For £50 I can get from the south of England to scotland, and for £6 I can get from the south east to Birmingham....

There's no real reason apart from time travelling why a diehard NGer from, say, liverpool or manchester cant go to a meet in london.

Whereas if there's a diehard NGer in, say, Seattle, they're pretty dicked on unless they want to go to Comicon (kinda), montreal, NY, atlanta, whatever, which are all 1000m+ away


BBS Signature
ArmouredGRIFFON
ArmouredGRIFFON
  • Member since: Jan. 12, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Programmer
Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-02-18 12:03:47 Reply

At 2/18/10 11:47 AM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote:

£100 is an awful lot of cash! Is that £50 charge return ticket?


Your friendly neighbourhood devils advocate.

BBS Signature
Luis
Luis
  • Member since: Apr. 23, 2000
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 02
Melancholy
Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-02-18 12:23:25 Reply

At 2/18/10 12:03 PM, ArmouredGRIFFON wrote:
At 2/18/10 11:47 AM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote:
£100 is an awful lot of cash! Is that £50 charge return ticket?

arent music festivals around 150 quid over there? You cant put a price on a good time! Well i guess you can and its over 100....


None

Idocreating
Idocreating
  • Member since: Sep. 18, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-02-18 12:25:52 Reply

At 2/18/10 12:23 PM, Luis wrote:
At 2/18/10 12:03 PM, ArmouredGRIFFON wrote:
At 2/18/10 11:47 AM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote:
£100 is an awful lot of cash! Is that £50 charge return ticket?
arent music festivals around 150 quid over there? You cant put a price on a good time! Well i guess you can and its over 100....

I once met a hooker who said i could have a good time for 20 quid.

BananaBreadMuffin
BananaBreadMuffin
  • Member since: Jul. 8, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 41
Programmer
Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-02-18 21:31:06 Reply

At 2/18/10 12:23 PM, Luis wrote:
At 2/18/10 12:03 PM, ArmouredGRIFFON wrote:
At 2/18/10 11:47 AM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote:
£100 is an awful lot of cash! Is that £50 charge return ticket?
arent music festivals around 150 quid over there? You cant put a price on a good time! Well i guess you can and its over 100....

Yeah, reading's 175 and glastonbury's 155 this year.

Oh and to clarify for armoured griffon, I was running off of a return flight from gatwick to glasgow for a weekend on easyjet (at inhospitable times of the day, mind)


BBS Signature
Dangan
Dangan
  • Member since: Jun. 1, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 57
Blank Slate
Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-02-22 21:14:23 Reply

At 2/18/10 05:02 AM, Coop83 wrote: Well, that's me booked up - Waterloo Travelodge, so about 2 miles from your swanky fellows at the Premier Inn. Still, I'm paying half the price of those rooms, so I'll live with that.

£50 per night, including breakfast ain't bad, if anyone's interested, take a look on the GMTV website, they've got money saving links for Premier Inn and Travelodge.

Then again, if you are staying at Waterloo, you will have to put up with me as a neighbour for a while :P

You KNOW i'm gonna say yes :P i'll pay for mine on payday this Friday, might ring you just to get details and whatnot, is your number still the same? Or have you finally updated? lol

Oh by the way, i am driving down this time so if you, Leo (BBM) or anyone else i'm familiar with (or is over the age of 16, ain't driving no jailbait around!) wants a lift down, inbox me or tell me on here and i'll be willing to drive you down and back provided you have petrol money

At 2/18/10 10:53 AM, Ericho wrote: Seeing as how we focus more on anime than other things, I am surprised there aren't more Japanese fans here.

English AND half Japanese mate ;D

Do we have a list yet Luis?

Coop
Coop
  • Member since: Apr. 28, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 60
Writer
Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-02-23 10:08:50 Reply

At 2/22/10 09:14 PM, Dangan wrote:
At 2/18/10 05:02 AM, Coop83 wrote: Then again, if you are staying at Waterloo, you will have to put up with me as a neighbour for a while :P
You KNOW i'm gonna say yes :P i'll pay for mine on payday this Friday, might ring you just to get details and whatnot, is your number still the same? Or have you finally updated? lol

No, the number is still the same. I've gone through a few phones since then, but I keep the number constant, unless people start fucking about with my mind via there :P

I'm just going to be keeping it relatively central this time, so that I can spend a little more time drinking. Pitchers of Pimms are the way to go - they're so much cheaper than individual glasses :D


Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey
News
#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature
Idocreating
Idocreating
  • Member since: Sep. 18, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-02-23 10:18:11 Reply

At 2/23/10 10:08 AM, Coop83 wrote: I'm just going to be keeping it relatively central this time, so that I can spend a little more time drinking. Pitchers of Pimms are the way to go - they're so much cheaper than individual glasses :D

A thread bump? I call that Pimms o'clock!

Ng London Meet VII 2010

Spectacle
Spectacle
  • Member since: Apr. 10, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-02-23 10:23:00 Reply

I've never been to one of these things and it would be pretty cool to see what the newgrounds users are like in person, but I'm probably going to be overseas for holiday during this time.


f

BBS Signature
Fim
Fim
  • Member since: Apr. 19, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 47
Audiophile
Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-02-23 10:28:00 Reply

There's a real possibility that I may be available, there is a major concern for me that it would be really really awkward :/ you guys are probably all nerdss


BBS Signature
Shanus
Shanus
  • Member since: Jun. 28, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 42
Blank Slate
Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-02-23 10:56:00 Reply

I think I'll be going, off college and nothing planned :P

So I'll be coming with Viridis. Flight tickets are less than EU100 so it should work out


Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge || Elite Guard Barracks || Review Request Club || NGLog

I watch an unholy amount of films

BBS Signature
Viridis
Viridis
  • Member since: Aug. 16, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 25
Artist
Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-02-23 13:47:50 Reply

At 2/23/10 10:56 AM, Shanus wrote: I think I'll be going, off college and nothing planned :P

So I'll be coming with Viridis. Flight tickets are less than EU100 so it should work out

I dont want you to come, I hate you.
We're taking seperate jets.

Good luck with your test. :P


PSN: Cloud-1409

BBS Signature
Gagsy
Gagsy
  • Member since: May. 21, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 53
Audiophile
Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-02-23 13:52:05 Reply

I've booked the full weekend off already so I've got no excuses not to go. You know unless I need some teeth pulling out closer to the time.

Still thinking of going on the friday. Namco has lost it's charm badly and I'd rather be part of a samller group looking to get pissed and sing badly.


[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature
Kitala
Kitala
  • Member since: Jul. 28, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 36
Blank Slate
Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-02-23 14:29:55 Reply

At 2/23/10 01:52 PM, Gagsy wrote: I've booked the full weekend off already so I've got no excuses not to go. You know unless I need some teeth pulling out closer to the time.

Still thinking of going on the friday. Namco has lost it's charm badly and I'd rather be part of a samller group looking to get pissed and sing badly.

So I may be coming to london.

jk i wish.
AsthmaticHamster
AsthmaticHamster
  • Member since: Nov. 14, 2000
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 30
Filmmaker
Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-02-23 14:37:11 Reply

At 2/23/10 02:29 PM, Kitala wrote: So I may be coming to london.
jk i wish.

Trust me, it is well worth it!

Gagsy
Gagsy
  • Member since: May. 21, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 53
Audiophile
Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-02-23 14:38:02 Reply

At 2/23/10 02:29 PM, Kitala wrote:
So I may be coming to london.
jk i wish.

There goes my chance for romance.


[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature
therealanimator
therealanimator
  • Member since: Aug. 31, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Gamer
Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-02-23 15:03:49 Reply

is eddsworld attending?


cherry garcia: its like having an angel cum in your mouth

BBS Signature
MattDelicate
MattDelicate
  • Member since: Dec. 23, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-02-23 16:09:26 Reply

Sorry, I can't be bothered to scoop through all those pages - any age limit? I'll be 15 by then.

SuspiciousPenguin
SuspiciousPenguin
  • Member since: Sep. 17, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 27
Programmer
Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-02-23 18:09:37 Reply

At 2/23/10 04:09 PM, MattDelicate wrote: Sorry, I can't be bothered to scoop through all those pages - any age limit? I'll be 15 by then.

Not really it's just you obviously won't be able to go drinking with the older folks, even though i will only be a week off 18 DAMN YOU BIRTH-DATE! Also remember no one is responsible for you, so if you get lost, broken or stabbed your parents can't blame luis or anybody else.

Soupcat
Soupcat
  • Member since: Mar. 12, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 30
Animator
Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-02-23 18:29:32 Reply

Can I come?

liljim
liljim
  • Member since: Dec. 16, 1999
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-02-23 19:30:45 Reply

At 2/23/10 06:09 PM, SuspiciousPenguin wrote:
At 2/23/10 04:09 PM, MattDelicate wrote: Sorry, I can't be bothered to scoop through all those pages - any age limit? I'll be 15 by then.
Not really it's just you obviously won't be able to go drinking with the older folks, even though i will only be a week off 18 DAMN YOU BIRTH-DATE! Also remember no one is responsible for you, so if you get lost, broken or stabbed your parents can't blame luis or anybody else.

Just an addendum to that - you're perfectly welcome to attend if you are responsible for yourself, or you're in the care of a parent or guardian if you're under 18 (or have their consent, with them knowing that no-one is going to look after you and you knowing that you're responsible for your own accomodation (should it be required) and/or travel (AND travel expenses)).

There were a few guys there last year who were well under the age of 18, and their parents came along and just hung around in the background. They got along just fine, the parents didn't interfere, and I *think* those guys had a good time. I won't mention their usernames, they can speak for themselves. There were a couple who showed up who had come on their own and just made their way back at the end of the day, when people started moving to bars in the evening.

A bad example of someone turning up (and I won't mention any names, since I can't remember the names) is someone who went to a meet and didn't have a return travel ticket. Luis ended up paying it out of his own pocket after talking to the kid's dad over the phone, who was mad as hell and held him responsible for his kid's situation (which is absolutely ridiculous).

Luis might feel bad telling that story, but I don't, on so many levels:

1. If you're under 18, your parents/guardians should know what you're doing and where you're going. There's absolutely no reason to lie, unless you feel that they wouldn't like you looking at content on NG, in which case, you shouldn't be here in the first place and that's their failing as a parent/guardian (from preventing you looking at stuff that they think you shouldn't be looking at)

2. You're THEIR responsibility, not ours

3. Who turns up somewhere knowing that they can't get back home, or don't have anywhere to stay? That's stupidity on a number of levels

Having said all of that, if you do want to show up and are under 18, then all the main events during the day are in very public places (Namco is right next door to the London Eye and if the weather's good and we go to Hyde Park again, then that's very public, too).

Just make sure that you clear it with your folks/guardians first, and let them know your itinerary. Once you arrive, call them, once you leave, call them, etc.

Note to Dangan: don't forget your ID this time.

BananaBreadMuffin
BananaBreadMuffin
  • Member since: Jul. 8, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 41
Programmer
Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-02-23 20:06:07 Reply

At 2/23/10 10:28 AM, Fim wrote: There's a real possibility that I may be available, there is a major concern for me that it would be really really awkward :/ you guys are probably all nerdss

You've got 6k posts here, you're just as nerdy as the rest of us.

In all fairness you'd be surprised at how rad and hip we are all. We're pretty with it and all that shit, and more importantly, after a few beers we're all the same anyway.


BBS Signature
Gagsy
Gagsy
  • Member since: May. 21, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 53
Audiophile
Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-02-23 20:42:18 Reply

At 2/23/10 08:06 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote:
and more importantly, after a few beers we're all the same anyway.

I don't know. You're still ugly after a few beers.


[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature
Fim
Fim
  • Member since: Apr. 19, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 47
Audiophile
Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-02-24 08:33:01 Reply

At 2/23/10 08:06 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: You've got 6k posts here, you're just as nerdy as the rest of us.

In all fairness you'd be surprised at how rad and hip we are all. We're pretty with it and all that shit, and more importantly, after a few beers we're all the same anyway.

haha fair point, although 6k posts to me just means that I've been bored on the internet for a few minutes over the past couple of years :P

But meh I'm just going with nerdy stereotypes, I'm sure you guys are totally young and fruity. The clincher for me was that I'd been wanting to go to one of these meets for a while, and I'm actually going to be near the center of london anyway at that time because I'm meeting my sister at uni so yehhh I will keep tabs on this :)


BBS Signature
Coop
Coop
  • Member since: Apr. 28, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 60
Writer
Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-02-24 09:02:02 Reply

At 2/23/10 07:30 PM, liljim wrote: Note to Dangan: don't forget your ID this time.

I'm going to staple it to his forehead... or something like that.

At 2/23/10 08:06 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote:
At 2/23/10 10:28 AM, Fim wrote: There's a real possibility that I may be available, there is a major concern for me that it would be really really awkward :/ you guys are probably all nerdss
You've got 6k posts here, you're just as nerdy as the rest of us.

It's just that some nerds have more to say than others :P

I mean, Leo's got 7 times more posts than Fim, but I'd still say they were level on the nerd scale.

In all fairness you'd be surprised at how rad and hip we are all. We're pretty with it and all that shit, and more importantly, after a few beers we're all the same anyway.

I think that's a fair appraisal. After all, how many serious nerds do you know that would start a game of football in the park, just like that?

Most nerds would be worried about injuries or skin complaints, so the game would be over before they actually stepped into the sunlight :P

At 2/23/10 08:42 PM, Gagsy wrote:
At 2/23/10 08:06 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: and more importantly, after a few beers we're all the same anyway.
I don't know. You're still ugly after a few beers.

Beer. Helping ugly people have sex since 1172.

Must mean I'm not ugly - Bex hardly drinks at all... except when she's on the mead.


Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey
News
#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature
SkeletonGimp
SkeletonGimp
  • Member since: Aug. 10, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-02-24 09:27:25 Reply

Funny how people paid more attention to the fact I wouldn't be able to make it than to the post I would be able to.

Anyways, I'm still a bit up and down on the lung front, get occassional mega chest pains, but it's still looking set.

Don't forget this:

This meet made me choose between you guys or a weekend of sex with a gorgeous gothic girl in manchester. I chose you guys because I thought it'd be more fun so don't you forget!

And yes I know the girl, she moved years ago but I reguarly train up to see her


Roleplaying is to the mind what masturbation is to the body - Shalashaska-1, 2008
Feel free to MSN me: warsmithdave@msn.com
Beware the NGSkeletonGimp! M:tG Klub.

BBS Signature