New Topic Respond to this Topic
Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Artist
Response to Yipp yipp Montreal Meet twenyten 2010-05-10 14:52:19 Reply

At 5/10/10 02:29 PM, Jonas wrote: Confirmed. You may now ask to ride along with me. I'm going from Fenton, MI into the wild eastern bounds of Quebec along the Queen's Way likely passing through Hamilton.

That being said, if you wanted to go, but didn't have a ride, you may split gas with me, and deal with it from there. If you don't have gas money when I arrive in Quebec, I LEAVE WITHOUT YOU.

Which shouldn't be an issue, if you brought your wallet/purse/crotchpocket.

Anyways, it's a yearly excursion I do for my Canadian kin, so if anyone wants to tag along, get ahold of me. There's about 3-4 spots available in my car, which is not the beast of yesteryears some may remember, it's a much more spacious vehicle so lots of room and such.

sweet!

Dude I live in hamilton - I'll so ride with you if you got space for me ^^

er.. only one problem though - I've only taken friday and monday off, so if you are passing thru hamilton on thursday before 4:00 pm I'm probably screwed..

Gunter45
Gunter45
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Yipp yipp Montreal Meet twenyten 2010-05-10 15:40:15 Reply

Ouch. I see how it is.

Think you're pretty clever...

BBS Signature
Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Artist
Response to Yipp yipp Montreal Meet twenyten 2010-05-10 16:08:00 Reply

MIKE HAD BETTER BE COMING!!! D:<

CrazyChihuahua
CrazyChihuahua
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Yipp yipp Montreal Meet twenyten 2010-05-10 21:56:48 Reply

I have my tickets booked and will be arriving Friday afternoon. JordanD convinced me to come. Will be fun to meet a lot of you NG'ers, especially since I am sure no one recognizes my name :P

Also, being a Canadian already, I am familiar with the poutine. However, I am not at all opposed to a fat-ass Montreal poutine in front of me at some point. I don't know how different they are, but the fact that it's mandatory makes me think they're amazing(ly gross).

BBS Signature
SNIPER
SNIPER
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Yipp yipp Montreal Meet twenyten 2010-05-11 01:12:43 Reply

At 5/10/10 08:00 AM, DancingTurkeyGod wrote: We're NOT going to Cock N Bull.

bah! the new Cock N Bull is just like karaoke place, sportstation, Pj's.

it's not like it was before. You got The Bull for that.

BBS Signature
DancingTurkeyGod
DancingTurkeyGod
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Yipp yipp Montreal Meet twenyten 2010-05-11 10:00:27 Reply

FBIpolux: Themasterkid lives in MTL...so I think he's coming (without the ???). Also, why isn't Dez on that list?

At 5/10/10 01:08 PM, Themasterkid wrote: Looking good as far as activities are concerned. Just my two cents here but I've been to O'Noir for a couple of parties and it's not that the experience is something you should miss out on. Thing is that for the price they charge for a full meal and the fact that I lost half my food makes it a maybe in my opinion.

If we go, it'll probably be on the Thursday night. Smaller group andit's less noisy than on Friday and Saturday. Going once is probably worth it. Losing half your food is your own fault though. :P

Which laser tag place do you guys plan on going to? LaserQuest on St-Catherine's.

Yep.

Anyone who is going to be using cabs while in Montreal send me a PM I could arrange something for you. But I would suggest using the BMW. Bus Metro Walk, a 3 day pass for public transit is 14$.

Does that include the price of the Opus card (3.50$)? Also - THERE'S A NEW BUS LINE GOING FROM THE AIRPORT TO THE METRO. 747. It's 7.50$ I think. Gets you to Metro Lionel-Groulx in 10 min (longer if there's traffic). Much, much cheaper than a taxi and once you're on the metro line, it's easy to get around.

un-kebecois
un-kebecois
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Gamer
Response to Yipp yipp Montreal Meet twenyten 2010-05-11 13:40:27 Reply

As for the activities, anything that might be fun. I don't really care what we will do, but it still important to do an activity list. If there is fun and good times involved, i'm in.

Together, we can do that we can't do alone. Nous vaincrons, ensemble, pour la gloire du QUÉBEC LIBRE!!!

Luis
Luis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 02
Melancholy
Response to Yipp yipp Montreal Meet twenyten 2010-05-11 15:06:51 Reply

Adding Timmy to the list, also I guess im going on thursday also. I heard theres booze that day. Couldnt resist.

None

AsthmaticHamster
AsthmaticHamster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Filmmaker
Response to Yipp yipp Montreal Meet twenyten 2010-05-11 22:01:22 Reply

At 5/11/10 10:00 AM, DancingTurkeyGod wrote: Also - THERE'S A NEW BUS LINE GOING FROM THE AIRPORT TO THE METRO. 747. It's 7.50$ I think. Gets you to Metro Lionel-Groulx in 10 min (longer if there's traffic).

It can also get you to Berri-UQAM, depending on where your hotel is.

poxpower
poxpower
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to Yipp yipp Montreal Meet twenyten 2010-05-12 01:45:15 Reply

Suggestion for beer:

Skip the beer fest, it sucks ass. A bunch of us should go to a special convenience store and pick up bottles. I'd rather pay 2-3 bucks a bottle than 2-3 bucks per glass ( which amounts to 10 dollar beers. Think about that, you're paying 10 dollar a beer and you're not even sitting in front of a naked chick dancing around a pole? Fuck that )

We have a wide selection of beers available that visitors will have never tasted, I guarantee it.

BBS Signature
Rig
Rig
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Musician
Response to Yipp yipp Montreal Meet twenyten 2010-05-12 03:15:54 Reply

At 5/12/10 01:45 AM, poxpower wrote: We have a wide selection of beers available that visitors will have never tasted, I guarantee it.

I've still gotta buy that milk stuff.

____________________________Bel-Air remixes! You must listen!____________________________

BBS Signature
AsthmaticHamster
AsthmaticHamster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Filmmaker
Response to Yipp yipp Montreal Meet twenyten 2010-05-12 08:59:46 Reply

At 5/12/10 01:45 AM, poxpower wrote: We have a wide selection of beers available that visitors will have never tasted, I guarantee it.

I agree we skip Beerfest on Saturday, but I still want to go on Thursday night for sure, cause no matter how wide is the selection of beers in any convenience store, it will never be as wide and interesting as Beerfest.

poxpower
poxpower
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to Yipp yipp Montreal Meet twenyten 2010-05-12 09:07:46 Reply

At 5/12/10 08:59 AM, AsthmaticHamster wrote:
I agree we skip Beerfest on Saturday, but I still want to go on Thursday night for sure, cause no matter how wide is the selection of beers in any convenience store, it will never be as wide and interesting as Beerfest.

Bah.

The thing is that even if you find one you like at the beer fest, you can't even buy it here anyway. Such teasing...

BBS Signature
Luis
Luis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 02
Melancholy
Response to Yipp yipp Montreal Meet twenyten 2010-05-12 09:40:56 Reply

At 5/12/10 09:07 AM, poxpower wrote: Bah.

The thing is that even if you find one you like at the beer fest, you can't even buy it here anyway. Such teasing...

That one pub or whatever we went to at the beginning of last year's meet was good. I would like to hit an interesting microbrew/pub at some point, some of us are on vacationnn.

None

36Holla
36Holla
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Filmmaker
Response to Yipp yipp Montreal Meet twenyten 2010-05-12 14:16:32 Reply

Getting a flight of beers was one of my favorite times during last year. I'm also voting yes on going to a microbrewery if it's possible.

Sig by THEJamoke Contributor to PONIES: The Anthology 2 and Anthology 3 Go watch them now!

BBS Signature
Warrickneff
Warrickneff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Reader
Response to Yipp yipp Montreal Meet twenyten 2010-05-12 15:34:06 Reply

Warrickneff (??)

So again, people marked of a (??) are the people that I have no clue who they are, don't know if they are actually coming, haven't bought their ticket yet or found a way of transportation yet or simply haven't confirmed their presence recently.

I haven't really shown my presence recently, and have not found a mode of transportation yet. I'm still in the running to come, but I need to make sure that I get time off work on Friday - maybe Monday too if I have to. I'm in the same position as Chrom basically... I'd need a ride from Jonas and I would also need a post 4:00 pm pickup on Thursday.

I'll keep you updated... I do check this topic every few days and I'll let everyone know once I've decided either way.

BBS Signature
un-kebecois
un-kebecois
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Gamer
Response to Yipp yipp Montreal Meet twenyten 2010-05-12 15:34:32 Reply

At 5/12/10 09:40 AM, Luis wrote

That one pub or whatever we went to at the beginning of last year's meet was good. I would like to hit an interesting microbrew/pub at some point, some of us are on vacationnn.

oh yeah, you mean the Saint-Bock, right? it was awesome....

Together, we can do that we can't do alone. Nous vaincrons, ensemble, pour la gloire du QUÉBEC LIBRE!!!

DancingTurkeyGod
DancingTurkeyGod
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Yipp yipp Montreal Meet twenyten 2010-05-12 22:58:33 Reply

At 5/12/10 09:40 AM, Luis wrote: That one pub or whatever we went to at the beginning of last year's meet was good. I would like to hit an interesting microbrew/pub at some point, some of us are on vacationnn.

Honestly, a group of over 30 ppl in a Montreal microbrewerie is NOT going to happen unless we split the group into 2 or 3 smaller groups.

Actually, bringing a group around that size to ANY bar will practically be IMPOSSIBLE if the Habs make the Stanley Cup playoff. So far, it's looking that way...

AsthmaticHamster
AsthmaticHamster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Filmmaker
Response to Yipp yipp Montreal Meet twenyten 2010-05-12 23:27:22 Reply

At 5/12/10 10:58 PM, DancingTurkeyGod wrote: Actually, bringing a group around that size to ANY bar will practically be IMPOSSIBLE if the Habs make the Stanley Cup playoff. So far, it's looking that way...

SHHHHHH!
DON'T JINX IT, WOMAN!

Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Artist
Response to Yipp yipp Montreal Meet twenyten 2010-05-12 23:51:46 Reply

hm.. it just occurred to me that I only booked my hotel to stay friday and saturday night.. if jonas picks us up thursday evening that might pose me a problem of where to stay thursday night..

Karulain
Karulain
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Yipp yipp Montreal Meet twenyten 2010-05-13 13:49:54 Reply

I don't know if you guys are into cocktails but there is a nice pub called La Distillerie where you can drink into Masson jars !

SNIPER
SNIPER
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Yipp yipp Montreal Meet twenyten 2010-05-13 15:04:05 Reply

At 5/13/10 01:49 PM, Karulain wrote: I don't know if you guys are into cocktails but there is a nice pub called La Distillerie where you can drink into Masson jars !

The place is tiny, it's always packed, and there's always a huge line up to get in. soooo.... no

BBS Signature
Luis
Luis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 02
Melancholy
Response to Yipp yipp Montreal Meet twenyten 2010-05-13 16:28:49 Reply

wee should just make a general gameplan and let people make smaller groups if it comes to that. We can always gather back later. Seems impossible to find a place atleast one person doesn't have a problem with.

None

SNIPER
SNIPER
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Yipp yipp Montreal Meet twenyten 2010-05-13 16:42:33 Reply

ok then.

Team captains:
FBI
DTG
Myself
Kevin

We'll each take a group.

How's that?

BBS Signature
Luis
Luis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 02
Melancholy
Response to Yipp yipp Montreal Meet twenyten 2010-05-13 16:55:24 Reply

At 5/13/10 04:42 PM, SNIPER wrote: ok then.

Team captains:
FBI
DTG
Myself
Kevin

We'll each take a group.

How's thau

we can just play it by ear. We can have a vague plan and the some people may naturally form groups based on what's going on. I recall a past Montreal meet where some people went to a hookah bar and some didn't and we eventually gathered at a cider house or something

None

Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Artist
Response to Yipp yipp Montreal Meet twenyten 2010-05-13 21:05:25 Reply

...hotel forgey?

AsthmaticHamster
AsthmaticHamster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Filmmaker
Response to Yipp yipp Montreal Meet twenyten 2010-05-13 21:07:50 Reply

At 5/13/10 09:05 PM, Chronamut wrote: ...hotel forgey?

...motel orgy?

DancingTurkeyGod
DancingTurkeyGod
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Yipp yipp Montreal Meet twenyten 2010-05-13 21:53:00 Reply

At 5/13/10 05:07 PM, FBIpolux wrote:
I hope you have a big house Michelle.

We'll meet at my house. We're just screwed if it's raining cause I physically can't fit 30+ ppl in my house. Chris, Kevin, JP and Rig (and others) can attest to this.

Andersson
Andersson
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Blank Slate
SNIPER
SNIPER
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Yipp yipp Montreal Meet twenyten 2010-05-14 01:08:44 Reply

At 5/13/10 09:53 PM, DancingTurkeyGod wrote:
At 5/13/10 05:07 PM, FBIpolux wrote:
I hope you have a big house Michelle.
We'll meet at my house. We're just screwed if it's raining cause I physically can't fit 30+ ppl in my house. Chris, Kevin, JP and Rig (and others) can attest to this.

JP and Rig? lol they're two different people? :O

BBS Signature