Be a Supporter!

Luxembourg's Art Thread Ii

  • 20,959 Views
  • 413 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Wyzenhu
Wyzenhu
  • Member since: Sep. 3, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Luxembourg's Art Thread Ii 2010-09-12 01:19:40 Reply

At 9/12/10 01:09 AM, Zombie-Eskimo wrote: i love you

HAHAA LOL that is the most random thing I've read

Luxembourg
Luxembourg
  • Member since: Oct. 17, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Artist
Response to Luxembourg's Art Thread Ii 2010-09-12 01:21:52 Reply

At 9/12/10 01:09 AM, Zombie-Eskimo wrote: i love you

It's... it's too soon, Zombie. Can we just be friends for now?

I'll finish the girl tomorrow. I'm gonna head to bed.
Thanks for all the feedback everybody.


My Art Thread. Eeureka! With an exclamation point!

BBS Signature
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
  • Member since: Oct. 17, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Artist
Response to Luxembourg's Art Thread Ii 2010-09-13 20:58:50 Reply

Taking a little break from painting (I've made a bit of progress, but I want to reach a certain point before I post more) and I decided to finish a more detailed drawing in my sketchbook that I've kind of been procrastinating on finishing for a month now.
It's a bat in a suit. I really don't need to say much more.

Isn't it so fucking cute? Bats are one of the most underappreciated animals out there.

Oh, and I used a reference picture for the bat. I deviated from it, but I can't find it again (like I said, it's been like a month).

Luxembourg's Art Thread Ii


My Art Thread. Eeureka! With an exclamation point!

BBS Signature
J-qb
J-qb
  • Member since: Mar. 6, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Artist
Response to Luxembourg's Art Thread Ii 2010-09-14 02:15:46 Reply

At 9/13/10 08:58 PM, Luxembourg wrote: It's a bat in a suit. I really don't need to say much more.

batsuit?


NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature
Lintire
Lintire
  • Member since: Aug. 21, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Luxembourg's Art Thread Ii 2010-09-14 05:38:25 Reply

At 9/13/10 08:58 PM, Luxembourg wrote: It's a bat in a suit. I really don't need to say much more.

Somehow, it reminds me of that one scene out of one of the original (probably the original Warner Brothers one) Batman films where a reporter is mocked with an artist's representation of Batman as a Bat in a suit.

Those sorts of things just randomly pop up in my head, yet to figure out why. Cute picture, though.

Daverom
Daverom
  • Member since: Mar. 11, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Melancholy
Response to Luxembourg's Art Thread Ii 2010-09-14 19:45:28 Reply

That is pretty adorable, though I can't help but wonder how that shirt works.

Luxembourg
Luxembourg
  • Member since: Oct. 17, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Artist
Response to Luxembourg's Art Thread Ii 2010-09-14 19:47:25 Reply

At 9/14/10 07:45 PM, M-Vero wrote: That is pretty adorable, though I can't help but wonder how that shirt works.

Shush, I'm well aware how little sense it makes sense. I did that because that looks a lot better than having sleeves that completely envelope the wings. It doesn't need to make sense. It's a bat wearing a suit, after all.
Thanks, anyways, Vero.


My Art Thread. Eeureka! With an exclamation point!

BBS Signature
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
  • Member since: Oct. 17, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Artist
Response to Luxembourg's Art Thread Ii 2010-09-14 19:49:07 Reply

At 9/14/10 07:47 PM, Luxembourg wrote:
Shush, I'm well aware how little sense it makes sense. I did that because that looks a lot better than having sleeves that completely envelope the wings. It doesn't need to make sense. It's a bat wearing a suit, after all.
Thanks, anyways, Vero.

How little sense it makes* blech.

And thanks for the comments, J and Linty. Almost forgot you guys, sorry! Batman was not an influence, but it makes a lot of sense to connect it to that.


My Art Thread. Eeureka! With an exclamation point!

BBS Signature
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
  • Member since: Oct. 17, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Artist
Response to Luxembourg's Art Thread Ii 2010-09-14 21:25:48 Reply

A little bit of progress. I did her shoulders, shortened the neck some, and put a rough outline of what she'll be wearing (a billowy/baggy red dress).
I feel like something's off though. Any thoughts?

Luxembourg's Art Thread Ii


My Art Thread. Eeureka! With an exclamation point!

BBS Signature
Kashi
Kashi
  • Member since: Jan. 15, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Artist
Response to Luxembourg's Art Thread Ii 2010-09-14 23:48:19 Reply

the only part i have to complain about is the outline looks too fuzzy. maybe cleaning that up?

MonkeykingZX
MonkeykingZX
  • Member since: Sep. 2, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Luxembourg's Art Thread Ii 2010-09-16 20:14:38 Reply

At 9/14/10 09:25 PM, Luxembourg wrote: A little bit of progress. I did her shoulders, shortened the neck some, and put a rough outline of what she'll be wearing (a billowy/baggy red dress).
I feel like something's off though. Any thoughts?

like the style in this piece, final work should be interesting


BBS Signature
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
  • Member since: Oct. 17, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Artist
Response to Luxembourg's Art Thread Ii 2010-09-16 22:28:08 Reply

At 9/16/10 08:14 PM, MonkeykingZX wrote:
At 9/14/10 09:25 PM, Luxembourg wrote: A little bit of progress. I did her shoulders, shortened the neck some, and put a rough outline of what she'll be wearing (a billowy/baggy red dress).
I feel like something's off though. Any thoughts?
like the style in this piece, final work should be interesting

Thanks.
Okay, I won't pretend I have even an inkling of an idea what I was doing with the cloth, but here's the complete girl. I'd love some feedback on how to make her look the best I can; some ideas of what I can do to make the dress look better would be nice.
Background's next. That should be pretty interesting, though likely tragic.

Luxembourg's Art Thread Ii


My Art Thread. Eeureka! With an exclamation point!

BBS Signature
DemocracyFTW
DemocracyFTW
  • Member since: Jun. 15, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Artist
Response to Luxembourg's Art Thread Ii 2010-09-16 22:31:33 Reply

Cloth isn't tight enough, make it tighter around, and show the arms. Like this.


every morn I awake from the cavernous night look at my pictures look at pictures I look at

BBS Signature
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
  • Member since: Oct. 17, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Artist
Response to Luxembourg's Art Thread Ii 2010-09-16 22:35:45 Reply

At 9/16/10 10:31 PM, DemocracyFTW wrote: Cloth isn't tight enough, make it tighter around, and show the arms. Like this.

That's a different kind of dress. The one I painted hangs around the shoulders, kinda like this, but with thicker, baggier cloth. I was going for a more billowy look.


My Art Thread. Eeureka! With an exclamation point!

BBS Signature
DemocracyFTW
DemocracyFTW
  • Member since: Jun. 15, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Artist
Response to Luxembourg's Art Thread Ii 2010-09-16 22:51:07 Reply

At 9/16/10 10:35 PM, Luxembourg wrote:
At 9/16/10 10:31 PM, DemocracyFTW wrote: Cloth isn't tight enough, make it tighter around, and show the arms. Like this.
That's a different kind of dress. The one I painted hangs around the shoulders, kinda like this, but with thicker, baggier cloth. I was going for a more billowy look.

Ah, I see. Hmm, I'm not sure what to add then. It looks okay to me!


every morn I awake from the cavernous night look at my pictures look at pictures I look at

BBS Signature
Dalenbourg
Dalenbourg
  • Member since: Jun. 16, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Luxembourg's Art Thread Ii 2010-09-18 19:40:46 Reply

Looking better than before, Lux... Good to see you're still getting better!!

My only suggestion is to go darker with pencilwork and experiment with shading, it can never hurt!

Luxembourg
Luxembourg
  • Member since: Oct. 17, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Artist
Response to Luxembourg's Art Thread Ii 2010-09-18 19:53:35 Reply

At 9/18/10 07:40 PM, Dalenbourg wrote: Looking better than before, Lux... Good to see you're still getting better!!

My only suggestion is to go darker with pencilwork and experiment with shading, it can never hurt!

Holy shit, Dalenbourg lives?
Thanks, man. I know I need to step up my shading. I really do. It's something I'm pretty bad with, admittedly.
---
More progress!
I began on the background. The parts that are yet to come are sketched in black; another tree, and some dandelion-like things floating towards the sky.

Feedback is nice.

Luxembourg's Art Thread Ii


My Art Thread. Eeureka! With an exclamation point!

BBS Signature
Dalenbourg
Dalenbourg
  • Member since: Jun. 16, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Luxembourg's Art Thread Ii 2010-09-18 20:46:58 Reply

At 9/18/10 07:53 PM, Luxembourg wrote:
Holy shit, Dalenbourg lives?
Feedback is nice.

Glad you remember me, bro :)

For your WIP, I have some feedback.
The hair is brilliant, I never have the capacity for that sort of shadow and light mixture...
Very awesome colour choice, it really gives off a warm radiance. May I suggest a purple somewhere to contrast things?
The tree is wispy cool, yo.
On the face of the woman, shading should be existent across the whole face, because right now the mouth and left eye look like symbols, not features. keep the shadows warm as to fit in with the rest of the colour scheme. This will make it flow together well.

Keep at it, yo, I want to see this in its complete gloriousness.

Luxembourg
Luxembourg
  • Member since: Oct. 17, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Artist
Response to Luxembourg's Art Thread Ii 2010-09-19 15:54:22 Reply

Thanks, Dalenbourg. I'll probably mess around with the lips and eyes a bit before I declare this "finished".

However, I think it's coming pretty close to completion. Here's some more. Thoughts?

Luxembourg's Art Thread Ii


My Art Thread. Eeureka! With an exclamation point!

BBS Signature
bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 52
Voice Actor
Response to Luxembourg's Art Thread Ii 2010-09-19 16:00:57 Reply

At 9/19/10 03:54 PM, Luxembourg wrote: However, I think it's coming pretty close to completion. Here's some more. Thoughts?

That looks great Luxy, nicely done.

Luxembourg
Luxembourg
  • Member since: Oct. 17, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Artist
Response to Luxembourg's Art Thread Ii 2010-09-19 16:45:10 Reply

At 9/19/10 04:00 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
At 9/19/10 03:54 PM, Luxembourg wrote: However, I think it's coming pretty close to completion. Here's some more. Thoughts?
That looks great Luxy, nicely done.

Thanks, Johnny.
I dropped a couple of tweaks on it, but I don't think I can do a whole lot more with it.
Go check out or review the finished piece, if you want.

Didn't include the image this time, since it's mostly the same as the most recent one, with only some little differences.

My Art Thread. Eeureka! With an exclamation point!

BBS Signature
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
  • Member since: Oct. 17, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Artist
Response to Luxembourg's Art Thread Ii 2010-09-26 21:28:24 Reply

I'm not posting this because I want critique on this particular thing so much as because I'm bored as hell and because I want an opinion on something.
While taking a break from practicing the violin, I had some masking tape sitting next to me, so I just went on impulse and used torn up strips of masking tape to make a tower on my violin case.
I'm kind of wanting to try doing something like this on a bigger scale (I have a lot of tape), and I was wondering if people have any opinions on if I should try doing a large image on my wall or something.

If so, what would be a good idea?

Meh, this isn't anything special, I'm just bored and want to post something for the most part.

Luxembourg's Art Thread Ii


My Art Thread. Eeureka! With an exclamation point!

BBS Signature
gmanthesandwhichking
gmanthesandwhichking
  • Member since: Aug. 22, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Luxembourg's Art Thread Ii 2010-09-26 21:36:41 Reply


Meh, this isn't anything special, I'm just bored and want to post something for the most part.

On a wall? Hmmmmm... Maybe a door with a window, and few people around.
I don't know, I just think that that would kind of go with your style somewhat.


"Make art, not war." - Shepard Fairey

BBS Signature
DemocracyFTW
DemocracyFTW
  • Member since: Jun. 15, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Artist
Response to Luxembourg's Art Thread Ii 2010-09-26 21:37:21 Reply

At 9/26/10 09:28 PM, Luxembourg wrote: opinion wants

If so, what would be a good idea?

Meh, this isn't anything special, I'm just bored and want to post something for the most part.

That'd be pretty cool if a larger one was done. If you could make an entire cityscape on a wall. I might try that, too.


every morn I awake from the cavernous night look at my pictures look at pictures I look at

BBS Signature
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
  • Member since: Oct. 17, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Artist
Response to Luxembourg's Art Thread Ii 2010-09-26 21:42:23 Reply

At 9/26/10 09:37 PM, DemocracyFTW wrote:
That'd be pretty cool if a larger one was done. If you could make an entire cityscape on a wall. I might try that, too.

That occurred to me, but I feel it's too obvious. I could probably do some interesting things with the city, but I'll consider other options first.

At 9/26/10 09:36 PM, gmanthesandwhichking wrote:
On a wall? Hmmmmm... Maybe a door with a window, and few people around.
I don't know, I just think that that would kind of go with your style somewhat.

I kind of like this idea; I'll think of what I could do with it.

Something that would go in the air would be cool, too, since I have this huge patch of blank wall above my bed in my new room (recently moved), so filling that could be nice. Maybe a zeppelin of some sort? Hot air balloon? Hmmm...


My Art Thread. Eeureka! With an exclamation point!

BBS Signature
DemocracyFTW
DemocracyFTW
  • Member since: Jun. 15, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Artist
Response to Luxembourg's Art Thread Ii 2010-09-26 21:45:44 Reply

At 9/26/10 09:42 PM, Luxembourg wrote:
I kind of like this idea; I'll think of what I could do with it.

Something that would go in the air would be cool, too, since I have this huge patch of blank wall above my bed in my new room (recently moved), so filling that could be nice. Maybe a zeppelin of some sort? Hot air balloon? Hmmm...

Zeppelin would be cool, but i call the city idea as my own. I have three rolls of masking tape in the garage, and im about to get shit done


every morn I awake from the cavernous night look at my pictures look at pictures I look at

BBS Signature
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
  • Member since: Oct. 17, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Artist
Response to Luxembourg's Art Thread Ii 2010-09-26 21:47:40 Reply

At 9/26/10 09:45 PM, DemocracyFTW wrote:

Zeppelin would be cool, but i call the city idea as my own. I have three rolls of masking tape in the garage, and im about to get shit done

Good luck sir; good to know I inspired you to get shit done.


My Art Thread. Eeureka! With an exclamation point!

BBS Signature
Zombie-Eskimo
Zombie-Eskimo
  • Member since: May. 27, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Luxembourg's Art Thread Ii 2010-09-26 21:49:47 Reply

you should make luxembourg city above your bed. like a wierd little city with a buch of little creatures in it


Celestica

BBS Signature
Kashi
Kashi
  • Member since: Jan. 15, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Artist
Response to Luxembourg's Art Thread Ii 2010-09-26 21:52:01 Reply

At 9/26/10 09:47 PM, Luxembourg wrote:
At 9/26/10 09:45 PM, DemocracyFTW wrote:

Zeppelin would be cool, but i call the city idea as my own. I have three rolls of masking tape in the garage, and im about to get shit done
Good luck sir; good to know I inspired you to get shit done.

wow, i hope this catches on. im tempted to run and buy some colored duct tape or something :O
the tower would look badass on your door, butt i would concentrate on making sure its not leaning and getting good measurements. in my opinion, its gonna be a hell of a lot more complicated than your violin version

i play violin too! :D
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
  • Member since: Oct. 17, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Artist
Response to Luxembourg's Art Thread Ii 2010-09-26 22:00:45 Reply

At 9/26/10 09:52 PM, Kakashi1930 wrote:
At 9/26/10 09:47 PM, Luxembourg wrote:
At 9/26/10 09:45 PM, DemocracyFTW wrote:

Zeppelin would be cool, but i call the city idea as my own. I have three rolls of masking tape in the garage, and im about to get shit done
Good luck sir; good to know I inspired you to get shit done.
wow, i hope this catches on. im tempted to run and buy some colored duct tape or something :O
the tower would look badass on your door, butt i would concentrate on making sure its not leaning and getting good measurements. in my opinion, its gonna be a hell of a lot more complicated than your violin version
i play violin too! :D

The case one is already leaning. It's pretty hard to get the right size and angle for the strips, because you've gotta rip them. It's a challenge, but I'd kind of like a challenge that isn't digital.
You've also gotta get the tape arranged in a manner that makes shapes, but not in a way that the stips overlap, because masking tape isn't very opaque and if two pieces overlap, it's really noticeable. That wouldn't apply to duct tape, though.
Oh, and Zombie, there is such thing as a real Luxembourg City. Having something with lots of little creatures could be really cool, though, if a bit hard.

Thanks for the input, guys.


My Art Thread. Eeureka! With an exclamation point!

BBS Signature