New Topic Respond to this Topic
Snowman
Snowman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Luxembourg's Art Thread Ii 2010-01-27 21:46:57 Reply

At 1/27/10 09:10 PM, Luxembourg wrote: New art! Well, really, it's old art that's been redone, like most of the other pieces here.

I think redoing old pieces, especially if your out of ideas, is a good thing to do, Since you can judge how much you improved from then to now

As you can guess, drawn in pencil, scanned, then digitally traced and colored.

That looks sweet man. Im going to guess that it is a rubber ducky in a think of Coke?

or something else yellow, maybe ice cream?

This text is in bold, which makes me aweso and your statement irrelevant. ArtThread. Deviant. NGcar. SnowmansLand

BBS Signature
Dalenbourg
Dalenbourg
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Luxembourg's Art Thread Ii 2010-01-27 22:02:09 Reply

Cool stuff, no specific critique other than the standard anatomy and shading quips, just draw moar.

Luxembourg
Luxembourg
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to Luxembourg's Art Thread Ii 2010-01-28 06:36:39 Reply

At 1/27/10 09:46 PM, Snowman wrote:
I think redoing old pieces, especially if your out of ideas, is a good thing to do, Since you can judge how much you improved from then to now

That looks sweet man. Im going to guess that it is a rubber ducky in a think of Coke?
or something else yellow, maybe ice cream?

I'm not out of ideas, but I have this heap of old drawings that I want to put on here before I put up new ones, I suppose. I like to make them look better.
Yes, it's a rubber ducky. Specifically, it's a girl sitting on a masked rubber ducky that's floating in a glass of cola. As I stated in my first post, I love surrealism, so I love to create situations that are pleasing but completely absurd sometimes.

My Art Thread. Eeureka! With an exclamation point!

BBS Signature
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to Luxembourg's Art Thread Ii 2010-01-28 16:35:32 Reply

Another question that nobody will answer: I just got scouted. I already had 5 portal submissions. Will those never appear in the portal? They can be voted on now and officially exist in the portal, but will they never appear as an icon in the portal itself?

BBS Signature
bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 52
Voice Actor
Response to Luxembourg's Art Thread Ii 2010-01-28 16:49:11 Reply

At 1/28/10 04:35 PM, Luxembourg wrote: Another question that nobody will answer: I just got scouted. I already had 5 portal submissions. Will those never appear in the portal? They can be voted on now and officially exist in the portal, but will they never appear as an icon in the portal itself?

They appear in the portal on the date you submitted them. So if you want to find them in the Art Portal, you gotta scroll back to that date.

Luxembourg
Luxembourg
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to Luxembourg's Art Thread Ii 2010-01-28 16:50:39 Reply

At 1/28/10 04:49 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
They appear in the portal on the date you submitted them. So if you want to find them in the Art Portal, you gotta scroll back to that date.

Ah, gotcha. Thanks.

BBS Signature
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to Luxembourg's Art Thread Ii 2010-01-28 18:12:13 Reply

I felt like drawing something a little more realistic, so I made this in pen today. This is the first thing I have EVER drawn with lips. I felt kind of pleased with how the head came out, but the body looks less than perfect and a little too small. I don't like some things this drawing, because her expression came out looking more sexy than the cute I intended it to look, and as you might tell by my other drawings, I hold "cute" to a much higher standard in girls and in art than "sexy". This is out of my style. If you don't like it either, don't worry, I don't draw like this very often at all. Just posting it to show I can do other stuff if I want to.

Luxembourg's Art Thread Ii

BBS Signature
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to Luxembourg's Art Thread Ii 2010-01-28 22:10:03 Reply

Yeah, the more I look at it, the less I like that last image I posted. It's mostly the face I dislike. Something about it feels really poorly done, but I can't tell exactly what. It's grown to the "hate" level, but the devs are dicks, so I can't delete that post. Oh well. I posted a bad drawing, it's no big deal; can't make everything great.
Anyways, here's another drawing that was in my last thread, and it's also in the portal. I just realized I hadn't put it in this thread. It's a girl that's haunted. I've been considering redoing this piece, but for the moment, I'll post it as it is, simple pencil cleaned up digitally.

BBS Signature
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to Luxembourg's Art Thread Ii 2010-01-30 02:38:48 Reply

Earlier today, my brother and I were collaborating. What I really mean by that is that we were passing a paper back and forth between us and were drawing off of eachother because we were bored in class. He can't really draw in my style, so I more or less had to work in a style similar to his, which I actually really enjoyed doing. The bell rang and we didn't get the opportunity to finish the drawing, and haven't had a chance to do so since then. I'll post the drawing when we do.
Where I'm really trying to go with this, though, is that when I got home, I felt like working in that style again, so I did a drawing that's kind of a blend of our styles, leaning more towards mine. As well, it's the first drawing I've done in a while that's completely digital!
Drawn in Corel Painter. Not terribly sure I'm pleased with how the shadow monster fits in there, but I was definitely pleased with the rest of it.

BBS Signature
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to Luxembourg's Art Thread Ii 2010-01-30 02:40:44 Reply

Detail on the skeleton.
Oh, and I'd also like to mention that my brother is also on Newgrounds, with an art thread. He's not very active, though. His username is MechanicalMonster.

BBS Signature
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to Luxembourg's Art Thread Ii 2010-01-30 02:46:29 Reply

I should probably post a version of the detail with the feet, grass, and the stuff in the background.

BBS Signature
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to Luxembourg's Art Thread Ii 2010-01-31 12:20:22 Reply

Ta-da! I made something I'm very pleased with. I felt like I needed to redeem myself for what I did with that other drawing that I tried to make with the emo-looking girl. I don't care if nobody said anything about it, I felt like I had made a tremendous error in that. And so, using a reference image and spending several hours, I drew this in pencil. I tried to work solely on what I was looking at rather than what I knew a face looks like, and I tried to nail every shape down perfectly.

Higher Res version: http://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/luxem bourg/look

BBS Signature
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to Luxembourg's Art Thread Ii 2010-02-14 14:35:12 Reply

I've neglected this thread for a while, mostly because it seemed like it was dying. Time to resuscitate!

This character and the cloud above his head on lined paper (the character was colored as he is here) were my third submission to the Notepad Drawing collab. I Decided I would try my hand at making it a complete piece by adding a background. Here's the result.
As well, this is another completely digital piece.

BBS Signature
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to Luxembourg's Art Thread Ii 2010-02-17 18:27:33 Reply

It's so lonely in here!
Here's that little collaboration thing I mentioned earlier. It was drawn by myself and my brother, drawing little bits off of eachother.

BBS Signature
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to Luxembourg's Art Thread Ii 2010-02-20 21:12:17 Reply

I don't want to let this thread die. I have lots of old art, but I never know what the hell to post. So, I'll post my two favorite drawings in all their pencil-on-lined-paper glory. I was a little reluctant to post these, as they're more than a year old, but they were miles ahead of what I was drawing at that time both stylistically and technically. I drew them both in the same night. They're not my best drawings, but I do have a sentimental attachment to them.
This is the first one, titled "Hello, Moth". I should also mention that this was probably the first drawing I ever made with proper shading.

BBS Signature
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to Luxembourg's Art Thread Ii 2010-02-20 21:18:31 Reply

Here's the second one. I had to cut off a depressing amount of this one to get the main part to a size/resolution I liked, but it's not missing much.
"Hello, Raincloud". This was probably the first drawing I made that featured a full setting (if you could call this one). I gave it a name similar to the first one on purpose, and that name is written in the clouds above, but I had to cut off that tiny bit.

BBS Signature
ZaneZansorrow
ZaneZansorrow
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 20
Artist
Response to Luxembourg's Art Thread Ii 2010-02-20 21:19:48 Reply

heh heh, it glows...well that's a real nice understanding how shading goes, i should draw more pictures based on that, a light source to give off a good spot to shade

BBS Signature
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to Luxembourg's Art Thread Ii 2010-02-20 21:20:03 Reply

Oops! I forgot the image.

BBS Signature
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to Luxembourg's Art Thread Ii 2010-02-21 19:40:41 Reply

Here, I did something for the Scribble Project a little while back. I like this page, particularly the lower parts (that dinosaur has to be one of my favorite little doodles ever). Not a technical wonder, but I personally liked it.

@ZaneZanSorrow: Using a direct light-source is a good idea with very basic shading. It's not a bad way to practice.

BBS Signature
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to Luxembourg's Art Thread Ii 2010-02-21 19:48:34 Reply

Detail on the dinosaur. Like I said, this has to be my favorite little doodle ever. (not favorite drawing; I've already posted my favorite drawings.)

BBS Signature
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to Luxembourg's Art Thread Ii 2010-02-23 15:53:58 Reply

This is the piece that was my submission to the CHOW this week. I was personally very pleased with the outcome.

BBS Signature
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to Luxembourg's Art Thread Ii 2010-02-23 16:04:52 Reply

Here's something I drew inspired by one of my favorite bands, Arcade Fire. In a sense, this is fan art, though the only thing that it actually has that concerns Arcade Fire is the Black Mirror.
"Un, deux, trois, dis Miroir Noir!" means "1, 2, 3, Say Black Mirror!" in French. Surprise, it's a lyric from the song "Black Mirror", the first on Neon Bible.

BBS Signature
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to Luxembourg's Art Thread Ii 2010-02-23 16:11:36 Reply

Yes, this is an art dump. Why do I continue to type long messages when nobody posts here? The world may never know.
Here, have a drawing. Strangely enough, I don't have any kind of explanation for this one.

BBS Signature
Ashman
Ashman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Artist
Response to Luxembourg's Art Thread Ii 2010-02-23 16:16:53 Reply

At 2/23/10 03:53 PM, Luxembourg wrote: This is the piece that was my submission to the CHOW this week. I was personally very pleased with the outcome.

and so you should be, very awesome, really like the effect with the spirit thingys

WaterShake
WaterShake
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Artist
Response to Luxembourg's Art Thread Ii 2010-02-23 16:28:05 Reply

At 2/23/10 04:11 PM, Luxembourg wrote: Yes, this is an art dump. Why do I continue to type long messages when nobody posts here? The world may never know.
Here, have a drawing. Strangely enough, I don't have any kind of explanation for this one.

Been having a look through your thread and you have some really interesting stuff. It's also nice to see that you vary your style every now and then and try new things.

But anyways, i'm looking at your most recent submission and I have to say, I like it :D

It looks surrealist in a way to me, for more than just the obvious reasons, a large cylinder with a fire and a person inside a park etc. I think part of it's cause of the trees, their pretty epic. DRAW MORE TREEZ PLZ

The girl on the path way really stands out to me. I think she's really well drawn and really helps add a sort of meaning to the piece. To me it's like sort of about coming across unexpected problems and being like wtf?

Only real negative is the sky. I know that this is just a sketch etc. so i'm willing to let you off. But it just seems a little flat you me ya know?

anyways, you got some real nice stuff and i'll make sure to look you up again later.

Keep it up 8D

nobody goes there anymore. its too popular.

BBS Signature
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to Luxembourg's Art Thread Ii 2010-02-23 16:52:12 Reply

Oh, boy! People posting in my thread!
Thanks Ashman, I appreciate the comment and I'm glad you like the piece. Thanks for the vote in the CHOW, as well. It's funny that you like the wisp effects, because, instead of doing lighting effects, I erased the background in the shape I wanted to get that effect.
And Watershake, I like the long response. It is a tad surreal, and that's on purpose. Surrealism is my favorite type of art. I'm glad you like the trees. Trees can be hard! I tried three or so different looks for the trees surrounding them, and those were the first I felt looked good. I like your description of the girl; "coming across unexpected problems and being like wtf?" Perfect explanation. :D
The sky looks flat, yes, but I'm not a pencil-master. There are people who can do ANYTHING with pencil, and I am not one of them. A sky is just beyond my ability to make with depth in pencil. Maybe someday soon, though.

BBS Signature
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to Luxembourg's Art Thread Ii 2010-02-26 17:26:18 Reply

Here's a drawing I made for some silly little French assignment. Simply a girl in a black dress with stockings. The assignment was to make a catalogue of outfits and describe them in detail in French. I went the extra mile and drew all my outfits, and I gave mine a "goth clothing" theme. I did really well with the project, though, as I got a 100 and it was graded pretty harshly. Je suis tres intelligent.
This and one other drawing were the only things I was pleased with, so this is all I'll be posting from the project. I like this drawing a lot!

BBS Signature
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to Luxembourg's Art Thread Ii 2010-02-26 17:31:01 Reply

Another pen drawing. Sorry! It's on lined paper.
Oh, and, by the way, if a mod sees this, I would be extremely appreciative if the typo in my thread name could be deleted and my thread was just "Luxembourg's Art Thread". Not sure if you can do that or would be willing to, but I don't see there being any harm in asking.

BBS Signature
Fifty-50
Fifty-50
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Artist
Response to Luxembourg's Art Thread Ii 2010-02-26 19:09:10 Reply

Like I said the first time, your art reminds of my own. It's not because of shading and other stuff, Your ideas in drawing are pretty similar to mine. Keep it up. I like your work.

Art Thread/NG Art - View it. /I love rainbows do you?/

BBS Signature
WaterShake
WaterShake
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Artist
Response to Luxembourg's Art Thread Ii 2010-02-26 19:11:00 Reply

At 2/26/10 05:31 PM, Luxembourg wrote: Another pen drawing. Sorry! It's on lined paper.
Oh, and, by the way, if a mod sees this, I would be extremely appreciative if the typo in my thread name could be deleted and my thread was just "Luxembourg's Art Thread". Not sure if you can do that or would be willing to, but I don't see there being any harm in asking.

Ok, that thing is pretty epic.

It sort of reminds me of
Noname from Spirited Away

The face is really sweet. I have a sort of mini obsession with venetian masks, and this really reminds me of some of the really epic ones.

As a character, it's surprisingly haunting. I think it's cause it doesn't really have a body or a proper face. So you don't really know what it's thinking and you don't really know what it's capable of. It has a really good spectral quality to it. I can just picture this haunting someone.

nobody goes there anymore. its too popular.

BBS Signature