Be a Supporter!

Luxembourg's Art Thread Ii

  • 21,083 Views
  • 413 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
ZaneZansorrow
ZaneZansorrow
  • Member since: Oct. 21, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 20
Artist
Response to Luxembourg's Art Thread Ii 2011-10-09 22:40:24 Reply

At 10/9/11 09:18 PM, Luxembourg wrote: Current WIP, only recently started, has an incredibly long way to go, but something's bothering me...

I can't get this angle for the feet. I can't make them look right. Can anyone offer any help for how to do this, please?

You can use this as a little reference, but I guess you need to use a little imagination to tilt that lady (in this photo) in an angle that fits for your lady's sitting pose and direction.

Luxembourg's Art Thread Ii


BBS Signature
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
  • Member since: Oct. 17, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Artist
Response to Luxembourg's Art Thread Ii 2011-10-12 21:14:48 Reply

At 10/9/11 10:40 PM, ZaneZansorrow wrote:
At 10/9/11 09:18 PM, Luxembourg wrote: Current WIP, only recently started, has an incredibly long way to go, but something's bothering me...

I can't get this angle for the feet. I can't make them look right. Can anyone offer any help for how to do this, please?
You can use this as a little reference, but I guess you need to use a little imagination to tilt that lady (in this photo) in an angle that fits for your lady's sitting pose and direction.

Thank ya, Zane. I tried to use that to get the idea, but I must admit I don't think I'm terribly good with feet at angles.
Further WIP.

Luxembourg's Art Thread Ii


My Art Thread.
Eeureka! With an exclamation point!

BBS Signature
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
  • Member since: Oct. 17, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Artist
Response to Luxembourg's Art Thread Ii 2011-10-14 21:06:04 Reply

More progress!

I post hoping it'll keep me motivated.

Luxembourg's Art Thread Ii


My Art Thread.
Eeureka! With an exclamation point!

BBS Signature
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
  • Member since: Oct. 17, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Artist
Response to Luxembourg's Art Thread Ii 2011-10-21 23:37:37 Reply

The girl in the tree has made quite a bit of progress, but in the meantime I've made
something a little bit odd.

Luxembourg's Art Thread Ii


My Art Thread.
Eeureka! With an exclamation point!

BBS Signature
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
  • Member since: Oct. 17, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Artist
Response to Luxembourg's Art Thread Ii 2011-10-29 20:47:44 Reply

I've been procrastinating like hell on this piece, but I got back to it today and I feel really good about the way my progress on it is turning out. I feel like I'm really improving with my shading.

I was working on some Homestuck fanart in celebration of the update I've been waiting a few months for, despite the fact that I never do fanart. I didn't like how it was coming along, so I doubt I'll finish it.

Luxembourg's Art Thread Ii


My Art Thread.
Eeureka! With an exclamation point!

BBS Signature
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
  • Member since: Oct. 17, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Artist
Response to Luxembourg's Art Thread Ii 2011-10-30 10:09:52 Reply

I made a real painting for once.
Yeah, it's kind of awful, but I tried out some new things with it so I suppose it's worth showing.


My Art Thread.
Eeureka! With an exclamation point!

BBS Signature
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
  • Member since: Oct. 17, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Artist
Response to Luxembourg's Art Thread Ii 2011-10-30 10:10:54 Reply

At 10/30/11 10:09 AM, Luxembourg wrote: I made a real painting for once.
Yeah, it's kind of awful, but I tried out some new things with it so I suppose it's worth showing.

Oops, forgot the image.

Luxembourg's Art Thread Ii


My Art Thread.
Eeureka! With an exclamation point!

BBS Signature
jeeshwa123
jeeshwa123
  • Member since: Dec. 12, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Luxembourg's Art Thread Ii 2011-10-30 13:59:47 Reply

i dig the painting, good colors :D


..

gmanthesandwhichking
gmanthesandwhichking
  • Member since: Aug. 22, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Luxembourg's Art Thread Ii 2011-10-30 19:08:52 Reply

When I left, this stuff was tight. When I came back, this shit is awesome. Always glad to see new things Lux.


"Make art, not war." - Shepard Fairey

BBS Signature
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
  • Member since: Oct. 17, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Artist
Response to Luxembourg's Art Thread Ii 2011-11-05 00:44:15 Reply

At 10/30/11 07:08 PM, gmanthesandwhichking wrote: When I left, this stuff was tight. When I came back, this shit is awesome. Always glad to see new things Lux.

Thanks guys! The positive feedback is really quite nice. I appreciate it!

More Progress! This piece is taking me forever to finish and I really regret that.
The tree was not fun to shade, but I think that since that's now (mostly) done, I've gotten past the worst of it.

Luxembourg's Art Thread Ii


My Art Thread.
Eeureka! With an exclamation point!

BBS Signature
Ramatsu
Ramatsu
  • Member since: Apr. 10, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Artist
Response to Luxembourg's Art Thread Ii 2011-11-05 00:59:14 Reply

I've been peeping in waiting to see this piece finished! Your killing me here man well rather me being impatient for this is killing me. Can't wait to see it done.


Art is vast as Love is deep, Trying to Explain the two is like trying to discover everything there is about the ocean.
My art thread
My comic thread

BBS Signature
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
  • Member since: Oct. 17, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Artist
Response to Luxembourg's Art Thread Ii 2011-11-25 17:14:17 Reply

At 11/5/11 12:59 AM, Ramatsu wrote: I've been peeping in waiting to see this piece finished! Your killing me here man well rather me being impatient for this is killing me. Can't wait to see it done.

Well, it's done.
I'm really ashamed with how long it took, and it should look better than this considering that.
:/
Higher Resolution.

Luxembourg's Art Thread Ii


My Art Thread.
Eeureka! With an exclamation point!

BBS Signature
ZaneZansorrow
ZaneZansorrow
  • Member since: Oct. 21, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 20
Artist
Response to Luxembourg's Art Thread Ii 2011-11-25 20:28:04 Reply

At 11/25/11 05:14 PM, Luxembourg wrote: Well, it's done.
I'm really ashamed with how long it took, and it should look better than this considering that.
/
Higher Resolution.

There there, at least it's a very stylish floating tree .


BBS Signature
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
  • Member since: Oct. 17, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Artist
Response to Luxembourg's Art Thread Ii 2011-12-10 09:29:17 Reply

I've been having a really hard time making art lately. I just don't like my own style anymore and I'm having a difficult time trying to improve on it. Sigh.

Anyways, here's something a little bit more like how I used to draw. Kind of a callback to another much older drawing of mine.

Full-size.

Luxembourg's Art Thread Ii


My Art Thread.
Eeureka! With an exclamation point!

BBS Signature
MonkeykingZX
MonkeykingZX
  • Member since: Sep. 2, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Luxembourg's Art Thread Ii 2011-12-10 18:05:54 Reply

At 12/10/11 09:29 AM, Luxembourg wrote: I've been having a really hard time making art lately. I just don't like my own style anymore and I'm having a difficult time trying to improve on it. Sigh.

Anyways, here's something a little bit more like how I used to draw. Kind of a callback to another much older drawing of mine.

Full-size.

Quite like it, nice and simple but still interesting aswell.

Girl in the tree drawing is pretty cool too.


BBS Signature
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
  • Member since: Oct. 17, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Artist
Response to Luxembourg's Art Thread Ii 2011-12-11 08:35:37 Reply

At 12/10/11 06:05 PM, MonkeykingZX wrote:
Quite like it, nice and simple but still interesting aswell.

Girl in the tree drawing is pretty cool too.

hwieuhfmfskefbwi it got frontpaged! Holy shit.

I'm glad you like it!


My Art Thread.
Eeureka! With an exclamation point!

BBS Signature
Lundsfryd
Lundsfryd
  • Member since: Mar. 11, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Artist
Response to Luxembourg's Art Thread Ii 2011-12-11 11:18:51 Reply

At 12/10/11 09:29 AM, Luxembourg wrote: I've been having a really hard time making art lately. I just don't like my own style anymore and I'm having a difficult time trying to improve on it. Sigh.

Aww man I know that feeling. One thing I sometimes try when I feel like I'm stuck is to create some rules or dogmas that I have to follow. Something like "I have to draw the sketch while walking" or "draw without an outline" or something like that. Also remember to write it down whenever you feel like you have a good idea for a drawing.

Anyways, here's something a little bit more like how I used to draw. Kind of a callback to another much older drawing of mine.

I quite like the composition here, don't be to hard on your self :)

Full-size.

World Famous Kasper Lundsfryd Illustrations
nilfisk

BBS Signature
jeeshwa123
jeeshwa123
  • Member since: Dec. 12, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Luxembourg's Art Thread Ii 2011-12-11 12:45:42 Reply

At 12/11/11 08:35 AM, Luxembourg wrote:
At 12/10/11 06:05 PM, MonkeykingZX wrote:
Quite like it, nice and simple but still interesting aswell.

Girl in the tree drawing is pretty cool too.
hwieuhfmfskefbwi it got frontpaged! Holy shit.

I'm glad you like it!

congrats lux, you deserve it! :D


..

bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 52
Voice Actor
Response to Luxembourg's Art Thread Ii 2011-12-11 13:50:09 Reply

At 12/11/11 08:35 AM, Luxembourg wrote: hwieuhfmfskefbwi it got frontpaged! Holy shit.

Guessing that should help your art slump?

Luxembourg
Luxembourg
  • Member since: Oct. 17, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Artist
Response to Luxembourg's Art Thread Ii 2011-12-11 17:02:46 Reply

At 12/11/11 01:50 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
At 12/11/11 08:35 AM, Luxembourg wrote: hwieuhfmfskefbwi it got frontpaged! Holy shit.
Guessing that should help your art slump?

I hope so.

And thank you, Jeesh and Lunds. I appreciate it.


My Art Thread.
Eeureka! With an exclamation point!

BBS Signature
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
  • Member since: Oct. 17, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Artist
Response to Luxembourg's Art Thread Ii 2012-02-08 22:40:06 Reply

I think it's safe to say that I've hit an artists block. A really big one. Sigh.

Anyways, I tried to motivate myself to make some art and I came up with some pixel art. My first real attempt at it was making a sprite of this guy.

I guess I feel like I did an okay job for my first time trying this out.

Luxembourg's Art Thread Ii


My Art Thread.
Eeureka! With an exclamation point!

BBS Signature
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
  • Member since: Oct. 17, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Artist
Response to Luxembourg's Art Thread Ii 2012-02-08 22:41:29 Reply

The second attempt was something a little more original.

I have just about no idea what the proper method with pixels are, so any feedback whatsoever is appreciated!

Luxembourg's Art Thread Ii


My Art Thread.
Eeureka! With an exclamation point!

BBS Signature
Sockembop
Sockembop
  • Member since: Feb. 18, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Artist
Response to Luxembourg's Art Thread Ii 2012-02-09 14:00:57 Reply

At 15 hours ago, Luxembourg wrote: The second attempt was something a little more original.

I have just about no idea what the proper method with pixels are, so any feedback whatsoever is appreciated!

This one is much better. I like how it has a unique style so it can easily be distinguished from more generic pixel art. The character is cool and I love the colours you chose. I'd love to see more like this


BBS Signature
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
  • Member since: Oct. 17, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Artist
Response to Luxembourg's Art Thread Ii 2012-02-18 11:00:27 Reply

Colors heavily inspired by the Tower of Heaven.
Drawing inspired by I'm not really sure.

Luxembourg's Art Thread Ii


My Art Thread.
Eeureka! With an exclamation point!

BBS Signature