New Topic Respond to this Topic
MajesticBob
MajesticBob
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Artist
Response to Luxembourg's Art Thread Ii Jul. 19th, 2011 @ 01:44 AM Reply

It looks almost mystical. Give it nine tails. Or not, But the red spheres give it a magical bent. Go with it.

Knocturne
Knocturne
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Artist
Response to Luxembourg's Art Thread Ii Jul. 19th, 2011 @ 03:35 AM Reply

I dig it, maybe some trees as the background, some tombstones too cuz I think tombstones when I think of foxes, maybe spirits out and about near the tombs, y'know?

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to Luxembourg's Art Thread Ii Jul. 19th, 2011 @ 04:58 PM Reply

Thanks for the comments, guys. I'll consider some more tails or I'll try to come up with some other kinds of ideas.

My Art Thread.
Eeureka! With an exclamation point!

BBS Signature
Felis
Felis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Artist
Response to Luxembourg's Art Thread Ii Jul. 20th, 2011 @ 03:11 PM Reply

At 7/20/11 02:41 AM, galstyan wrote: After seen all you images/ art work, honestly i say that you need more practice over your work.

This comment is helpful and totally not a garbage critique that explains absolutely nothing.

I have nothing to say that is at all relevant.

BBS Signature
MasterMerol
MasterMerol
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Luxembourg's Art Thread Ii Jul. 20th, 2011 @ 03:58 PM Reply

At 7/20/11 03:11 PM, Felis wrote:
At 7/20/11 02:41 AM, galstyan wrote: After seen all you images/ art work, honestly i say that you need more practice over your work.
This comment is helpful and totally not a garbage critique that explains absolutely nothing.

I thought it was a spam bot.

Who are you looking for? What are you looking at?
A light? a star. A boat? an insect. A plane? a flying fish

BBS Signature
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to Luxembourg's Art Thread Ii Jul. 20th, 2011 @ 05:56 PM Reply

Wow. Thank you for enlightening me. I wasn't aware.

If you'd read anything I post with my art, you'd know that I'm well aware of how much I need to improve and how badly I want to do so. I'm constantly trying to figure out how I can do better with my art. Please, don't post without anything to actually say.

My Art Thread.

BBS Signature
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to Luxembourg's Art Thread Ii Jul. 26th, 2011 @ 09:49 PM Reply

Well, I tried adding some more tails, but at about my 5th tail, I decided that I really hated how that was coming out, so I scrapped it and added a forest background.
I think I feel comfortable calling this 'done' now.
Any feedback?

Luxembourg's Art Thread Ii

My Art Thread.

BBS Signature
monsterparty
monsterparty
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Artist
Response to Luxembourg's Art Thread Ii Jul. 26th, 2011 @ 10:09 PM Reply

At 7/26/11 09:49 PM, Luxembourg wrote: Well, I tried adding some more tails, but at about my 5th tail, I decided that I really hated how that was coming out, so I scrapped it and added a forest background.
I think I feel comfortable calling this 'done' now.
Any feedback?

D:
everything about this is incredibly charming. like... i would hang this up in my bedroom because i would sort of like to see it everyday. it's very stylish, and i think it's absolutely perfect in its own little stylish way. ha, that's just my opinion though.

indeed.
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to Luxembourg's Art Thread Ii Jul. 26th, 2011 @ 10:31 PM Reply

I'm really glad you like it, though the "D:" made me think you were going to hate it.
If you want to hang it up in your room, you can always just print out a copy of it. I would have no complaints. That would be very flattering.
Thanks for the very generous compliments.

My Art Thread.

BBS Signature
monsterparty
monsterparty
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Artist
Response to Luxembourg's Art Thread Ii Jul. 27th, 2011 @ 10:03 PM Reply

At 7/26/11 10:31 PM, Luxembourg wrote: I'm really glad you like it, though the "D:" made me think you were going to hate it.
If you want to hang it up in your room, you can always just print out a copy of it. I would have no complaints. That would be very flattering.
Thanks for the very generous compliments.

Ha, yeah. I put D: because all I could do was say "ugh" and "wha-". not in a bad way though. but yes, you have a very charming style. i know i already used that word, but after looking through the pics you've got up, i couldn't help but feel charmed. you have a very interesting aesthetic, and i thoroughly enjoy your art. :)

Luxembourg
Luxembourg
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to Luxembourg's Art Thread Ii Aug. 11th, 2011 @ 02:35 PM Reply

At 8/5/11 03:10 AM, sammartin wrote: I fully agree with Galstyan, that you need practice.

First thing: It's pretty obvious that this is an alt. You and Galstyan have the same exact signature. Please don't comment in my thread without anything constructive to say.

Second thing: More art.
My entire summer seems to have been a huge artists block thus far, but I've managed to squeeze out a few drawings. I kind of like the way this one came out, though I wish I had managed to convey the appearance of steam a little more realistically.

Third thing: Thank you, monsterparty.

My Art Thread.

BBS Signature
gmanthesandwhichking
gmanthesandwhichking
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Luxembourg's Art Thread Ii Aug. 12th, 2011 @ 03:27 AM Reply

At 8/11/11 02:35 PM, Luxembourg wrote:
At 8/5/11 03:10 AM, sammartin wrote: I fully agree with Galstyan, that you need practice.
First thing: It's pretty obvious that this is an alt. You and Galstyan have the same exact signature. Please don't comment in my thread without anything constructive to say.

My entire summer seems to have been a huge artists block thus far, but I've managed to squeeze out a few drawings. I kind of like the way this one came out, though I wish I had managed to convey the appearance of steam a little more realistically.

The shading is very nice on this one and overall it is a very nice picture. Your art has improved a lot since I've been gone. As for the artist block summer, I know exactly how you feel.

"Make art, not war." - Shepard Fairey

BBS Signature
bigredone
bigredone
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Blank Slate
Response to Luxembourg's Art Thread Ii Aug. 12th, 2011 @ 08:00 PM Reply

At 8/11/11 02:35 PM, Luxembourg wrote:

Pretty good. seems you do best with black and white. It seems to have more of a happy feel to it then the color drawings. if you might put a background in with the drawing like a kitchen wall or a tree, it would sem better, in a realistic or a more mystic feel.

R.I.P. Sam Kinison . December 8, 1953- April 10, 1992.

BBS Signature
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to Luxembourg's Art Thread Ii Sep. 25th, 2011 @ 12:16 AM Reply

At 8/12/11 03:27 AM, gmanthesandwhichking wrote:
The shading is very nice on this one and overall it is a very nice picture. Your art has improved a lot since I've been gone. As for the artist block summer, I know exactly how you feel.

Thanks, gman! Been a while since I've seen you. Yeah, my art block is horrid. :C

Anyways, trying something a little new. I suppose Art Nouveau is only a natural direction for my art to head in (considering the way it's heading already and how much I love nouveau), having done some studying of different movements, so I'm trying something out in that style.
WIP. This still has a long way to go.

My Art Thread.

BBS Signature
Carrion
Carrion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Luxembourg's Art Thread Ii Sep. 25th, 2011 @ 03:17 AM Reply

Your growing alot as an artist.
Its kinda sad to see things like that happen, i mean dont get me wrong...you exploring other methods of illustration is fucking great and im really glad you are doing so.
But, theres that feeling of change that depresses me when i see stuff like this happen. For a while we had alot in common style-wise and stuff but now your moving on to warmer colors.
Im proud though, and cant wait to see what beautiful illustrations you will bring us in the future.
Just make sure to keep a small space in your head left over for the bats and ghosts to live in just in case they need it.

BBS Signature
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to Luxembourg's Art Thread Ii Sep. 25th, 2011 @ 09:35 AM Reply

At 9/25/11 03:17 AM, Captain-Carrion wrote: Your growing alot as an artist.
Its kinda sad to see things like that happen, i mean dont get me wrong...you exploring other methods of illustration is fucking great and im really glad you are doing so.
But, theres that feeling of change that depresses me when i see stuff like this happen. For a while we had alot in common style-wise and stuff but now your moving on to warmer colors.
Im proud though, and cant wait to see what beautiful illustrations you will bring us in the future.
Just make sure to keep a small space in your head left over for the bats and ghosts to live in just in case they need it.

A lot of people are disappointed about me changing what I'm doing with my art. I understand, I just felt like I was having trouble staying in that aesthetic. It just wasn't doing it for me, so I had to try other stuff. I'm tyring to find where I want to go, and while I still haven't figured it out, I'm personally enjoying trying out other stuff. I'm kind of liking how my current drawing is turning out thus far.
Don't get me wrong, though- I still draw things like that. Not as often, but my sketchbook has plenty of unfinished sketches of things you'd probably find yourself right at home with.
Thanks for dropping by, Tre.
I'm still keeping that space in my head for ghosts and bats, don't worry.

My Art Thread.

BBS Signature
jeeshwa123
jeeshwa123
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Luxembourg's Art Thread Ii Sep. 25th, 2011 @ 02:32 PM Reply

I think it's good to broaden your horizons as an artist. It really shows, Lux. That last pic you posted was wonderful. If you could incorporate that sort of Tim Burton-esque style into what you posted, you'd really have something going.

I'm sure people are fairly dissapointed in my style changes, but I'm not too far away from developing my style and whatnot. Stay awesome Lux :D

Where yah been btw?

Fifty-50
Fifty-50
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Artist
Response to Luxembourg's Art Thread Ii Sep. 25th, 2011 @ 03:45 PM Reply

I for one thin that the change in your art is a very good move, since people will finally see something fresh out of you.

And maybe they'll stop comparing you to Tim Burton.

Art Thread/NG Art - View it. /I love rainbows do you?/

BBS Signature
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to Luxembourg's Art Thread Ii Sep. 26th, 2011 @ 09:49 PM Reply

At 9/25/11 02:32 PM, jeeshwa123 wrote: I think it's good to broaden your horizons as an artist. It really shows, Lux. That last pic you posted was wonderful. If you could incorporate that sort of Tim Burton-esque style into what you posted, you'd really have something going.

I'm sure people are fairly dissapointed in my style changes, but I'm not too far away from developing my style and whatnot. Stay awesome Lux :D

Where yah been btw?

I've been on the longest artists' block I've ever had, and I still feel like I'm kind of on it. I think it's partially because I don't feel like drawing how I used to draw yet I don't always know what else to do, so when I try to draw, I end up erasing almost everything I make.
Anyways, further progress. I had more than this, but I lost it due to a computer crash.

My Art Thread.

BBS Signature
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to Luxembourg's Art Thread Ii Sep. 27th, 2011 @ 08:23 PM Reply

I'm not counting on getting any response here, but does anybody have any thoughts on the stained glass bit on the top?
I can't tell if I like it or not, or if I should redo it or what. Thanks.

My Art Thread.

BBS Signature
lovingthedark
lovingthedark
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Artist
Response to Luxembourg's Art Thread Ii Sep. 27th, 2011 @ 08:39 PM Reply

At 9/27/11 08:23 PM, Luxembourg wrote: I'm not counting on getting any response here, but does anybody have any thoughts on the stained glass bit on the top?

I think that as it is it's not particularly helping the composition, because that blue is in such contrast with everything that it's grabbing attention away from the figure. I'd either work on the colors- look at color palettes from autumn pieces by alphonse mucha for inspiration- or get rid of the stained glass altogether.

Basic Art Tips_______________Art 101_______________ Orn's Scouting Guide_______________NG Art Chat

BBS Signature
Luwano
Luwano
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Art Lover
Response to Luxembourg's Art Thread Ii Sep. 27th, 2011 @ 08:42 PM Reply

At 9/27/11 08:23 PM, Luxembourg wrote: I'm not counting on getting any response here, but does anybody have any thoughts on the stained glass bit on the top?

That is my feeling exactly, I can't tell you if I like it or not either. I would not have recognized it as stained glass though. I think it depends on how you continue with it. What will be around it? Will you add some light "behind" the glass? And how will you do that light?

Sorry if this is not the response you were searching for but all these questions affect the question whether you should redo it or not. I'd say continue with it, although you will risk to spend even more time on something you probably have to redo later.

BBS Signature
ZaneZansorrow
ZaneZansorrow
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 20
Artist
Response to Luxembourg's Art Thread Ii Sep. 27th, 2011 @ 08:49 PM Reply

I may not know much about stained glass, but I do know that they do give repetitive patterns.

I'm not seeing a unique link between that "little blue stain glass that stands out " to the woman with the white hair, but I will say that the white empty space of the woman's hair feels fitting to be place with glass pieces.

Maybe blue, I mean the reddish orange color background in the circle really does draw my eyes toward the blue green red purple circle.

BBS Signature
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to Luxembourg's Art Thread Ii Sep. 27th, 2011 @ 08:51 PM Reply

At 9/27/11 08:42 PM, Luwano wrote:
That is my feeling exactly, I can't tell you if I like it or not either. I would not have recognized it as stained glass though. I think it depends on how you continue with it. What will be around it? Will you add some light "behind" the glass? And how will you do that light?

Sorry if this is not the response you were searching for but all these questions affect the question whether you should redo it or not. I'd say continue with it, although you will risk to spend even more time on something you probably have to redo later.

Well, whether or not it comes across as stained glass matters little to me- I want it to look like how it looks, as far as the way I've blended the colors works. It's intended solely as a decoration effect, and as one, I like the way my method with it looks. It's the actual color choices and the patterns in the circles themselves I'm not sure how I feel about. Thank you for the input, though. I'm terribly sorry to kind of shoot your response down.

At 9/27/11 08:39 PM, lovingthedark wrote:
I think that as it is it's not particularly helping the composition, because that blue is in such contrast with everything that it's grabbing attention away from the figure. I'd either work on the colors- look at color palettes from autumn pieces by alphonse mucha for inspiration- or get rid of the stained glass altogether.

You're right- the blue distracts, and the colors I've used up top aren't so good. I don't want to get rid of the glass, but I will change my colors and I'll change the patterns as well. I think I should try to use softer shades, and keep the palette a little more limited. Alphonse Mucha is a very good example of the kind of art nouveau look I'm looking for.
Thank you very much!

My Art Thread.

BBS Signature
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to Luxembourg's Art Thread Ii Sep. 27th, 2011 @ 08:55 PM Reply

At 9/27/11 08:49 PM, ZaneZansorrow wrote:
I may not know much about stained glass, but I do know that they do give repetitive patterns.

I'm not seeing a unique link between that "little blue stain glass that stands out " to the woman with the white hair, but I will say that the white empty space of the woman's hair feels fitting to be place with glass pieces.

Maybe blue, I mean the reddish orange color background in the circle really does draw my eyes toward the blue green red purple circle.

The piece is unfinished as it is. There's still much left to do. I was going to do more glass patterns on the sides of the piece and, to a lesser extent, around it. That's why there's a disconnect- there's still much I've yet to include. My apologies for not mentioning that.
I think you've got a good idea with how her hair could work with glass pieces- I could use white pieces and I think it would offer a more coherent look, as well as with the color changes loving suggested.
Thanks for the input, guys. I'm loving it.

My Art Thread.

BBS Signature
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to Luxembourg's Art Thread Ii Sep. 28th, 2011 @ 08:08 PM Reply

Is this better? I think it's a little less striking and the color scheme will fall into place much better as I continue to build around the center circle. I still love opinions.

My Art Thread.

BBS Signature
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to Luxembourg's Art Thread Ii Sep. 28th, 2011 @ 09:15 PM Reply

At 9/28/11 08:08 PM, Luxembourg wrote: Is this better? I think it's a little less striking and the color scheme will fall into place much better as I continue to build around the center circle. I still love opinions.

Oh, bah. I hate double posting, but I made another pattern for the top piece. I kind of like it- it's more ornate, and I guess more gives the appearance of stained glass than the others do maybe I dunno.

I don't want to do any more of these, so I'm going to settle for either this pattern or the last one. Any thoughts? Should I change any colors?

My Art Thread.

BBS Signature
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to Luxembourg's Art Thread Ii Sep. 30th, 2011 @ 09:43 PM Reply

More progress.
I don't know what to do with it from here. Any ideas?

My Art Thread.

BBS Signature
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to Luxembourg's Art Thread Ii Sep. 30th, 2011 @ 09:58 PM Reply

Oops. I just noticed that part of it was off center. Fixed now.

My Art Thread.

BBS Signature
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to Luxembourg's Art Thread Ii Oct. 9th, 2011 @ 09:18 PM Reply

Current WIP, only recently started, has an incredibly long way to go, but something's bothering me...

I can't get this angle for the feet. I can't make them look right. Can anyone offer any help for how to do this, please?

My Art Thread.

BBS Signature