Be a Supporter!
B-RadGfromOV
B-RadGfromOV
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Collab? Jan. 20th, 2010 @ 05:48 PM Reply

I've never posted here before, and don't really know anyone, but I wanted to see if anyone would like to put a verse on my track. http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/3 05405 Micky Mao suggested it, so I just want to see if anyone's interested.
Correct me if this is the wrong place for this.

Kaizerwolf
Kaizerwolf
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Musician
Response to Collab? Jan. 20th, 2010 @ 08:51 PM Reply

You might want to try the Audio Advertisement thread.

I'm not entirely sure if that's where I should direct you, only because it is for song advertising and not asking for someone to spit over your tracks. (I'm assuming that's what you're asking for?)

How about you join the NGPD? Just what is the Newgrounds Police Dept.? Click the link and find out for yourself!

BBS Signature
loansindi
loansindi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Musician
Response to Collab? Jan. 20th, 2010 @ 08:58 PM Reply

What you're asking for isn't really a 'collab', since the track is already done.

I-Saved-The-World
I-Saved-The-World
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Collab? Jan. 20th, 2010 @ 11:15 PM Reply

At 1/20/10 05:48 PM, B-RadGfromOV wrote: I've never posted here before, and don't really know anyone, but I wanted to see if anyone would like to put a verse on my track. http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/3 05405 Micky Mao suggested it, so I just want to see if anyone's interested.

sounds like youre asking for a remix, not a collab

:3

BBS Signature
MickeyMao
MickeyMao
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Artist
Response to Collab? Jan. 27th, 2010 @ 02:39 AM Reply

At 1/20/10 11:15 PM, I-Saved-The-World wrote:
At 1/20/10 05:48 PM, B-RadGfromOV wrote: I've never posted here before, and don't really know anyone, but I wanted to see if anyone would like to put a verse on my track. http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/3 05405 Micky Mao suggested it, so I just want to see if anyone's interested.
sounds like youre asking for a remix, not a collab

I'd say the best way to get some collabs down is by asking people. On my Fieldwork Collab I contacted all the people I wanted to get on it. Most of the guys I asked got on it too. Build up your connections.

Im still working on that verse by the way, I keep getting about halfway done a verse, then ADD kicks in.

P.S. A collab is any piece of art that artists (more that one) work together on.

BBS Signature
Usernamemyarse
Usernamemyarse
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Melancholy
Response to Collab? Jan. 27th, 2010 @ 04:30 AM Reply

Yeah, this is not a collab, this is advertising, dont post it here.

BBS Signature
Scrogginaut
Scrogginaut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Collab? Jan. 27th, 2010 @ 05:31 AM Reply

At 1/27/10 04:30 AM, Usernamemyarse wrote: Yeah, this is not a collab, this is advertising, dont post it here.

lol your such a hero! do you post this to everyone that breaks your heart?

BBS Signature
Usernamemyarse
Usernamemyarse
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Melancholy
Response to Collab? Jan. 27th, 2010 @ 08:12 AM Reply

At 1/27/10 05:31 AM, Scrogginaut wrote:
At 1/27/10 04:30 AM, Usernamemyarse wrote: Yeah, this is not a collab, this is advertising, dont post it here.

You reply to everyone you dont like? grow up

BBS Signature
MickeyMao
MickeyMao
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Artist
Response to Collab? Jan. 27th, 2010 @ 12:21 PM Reply

Actually it is a collab. Post it here. If you want artists to add to your artwork, you gotta get your word out somehow. This seems like a good place to connect to other people.

Forum:
1.The public square or marketplace of an ancient Roman city that was the assembly place for judicial activity and public business.
2.A public meeting place for open discussion.
3.A medium for open discussion or voicing of ideas, such as a newspaper, a radio or television program, or a website.
A public meeting or presentation involving a discussion usually among experts and often including audience participation.
A court of law; a tribunal.

Read the title of the post, "Collab?".

BBS Signature
loansindi
loansindi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Musician
Response to Collab? Jan. 27th, 2010 @ 12:26 PM Reply

At 1/27/10 12:21 PM, MickeyMao wrote: Read the title of the post, "Collab?".

http://www.google.com/search?q=define%3A +collaboration&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rl s=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=fire fox-a

My favorite:

# act of working jointly; "they worked either in collaboration or independently"

I guess what everyone's trying to say is this:

Just posting "hey let's collab put some vocals on this track [link]" is less of a collaborative effort and more of an attempt to invite people to build upon your previous works. You're offering the vocalist no input on the compositional aspects of the song, aside from their own work.

jeffamphetamines
jeffamphetamines
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Collab? Jan. 27th, 2010 @ 02:34 PM Reply

I'm always looking to work with someone on tracks. if you want to work something out check out my previous song i made. www.myspace.com/notavailablemusic

Scrogginaut
Scrogginaut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Collab? Jan. 27th, 2010 @ 06:08 PM Reply

At 1/27/10 08:12 AM, Usernamemyarse wrote:
At 1/27/10 05:31 AM, Scrogginaut wrote:
You reply to everyone you dont like? grow up

I've been on 2 threads and you've only repleid cause you don't like it you hypocrite. Why can't you just let him get on with hsi thread. In the majority of threads all the posts are just people whining about how it breaks a certain rule

BBS Signature