New Topic Respond to this Topic
Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Biggest Accomplishment in 1 Sitting Jan. 15th, 2010 @ 08:45 PM Reply

We must admit that at least one point in our lives, we sat in the same damn spot for multiple hours doing the one thing we all cherish.

... I meant gaming, you sick fuck.

Today I ask the question (in the tone of someone giving an important speech); "What is your biggest accomplishment in one sitting". That would mean, of course, your biggest accomplishment in video gaming all done without getting up to pee.

This could be a beaten game, an achievement (inb4 "Bladder of Steel"), or something along the lines of anything you can possibly think of that has anything to do with games.

Obviously I get to go first.

I sat in my basement, system linked to my brother's TV while him and a friend were on his console and me and a friend were on mine. It was like just after we ate dinner when we started and we sat there till past midnight finishing Halo 3 on Legendary. I'm not necessarily proud of this but it makes me look cooler than all of you.

Now you tell me.

Sierra
Sierra
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Biggest Accomplishment in 1 Sitting Jan. 15th, 2010 @ 08:49 PM Reply

I went through the entire story of Oblivion in just over five hours for a friend.

I'm on Last.fm!
Also, I used to be YeOldeSierra. Now I'm just Sierra :3

ZJ
ZJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Gamer
Response to Biggest Accomplishment in 1 Sitting Jan. 15th, 2010 @ 08:59 PM Reply

I've beaten loads of Mario games in one sitting

Sig by Some Guy - AMA
Formerly PuddinN64 - Portal, BBS, Icon, and Chat Mod
"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out WhatTheDo & Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature
RiuTenshin
RiuTenshin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Melancholy
Response to Biggest Accomplishment in 1 Sitting Jan. 15th, 2010 @ 09:06 PM Reply

Halo 3 ODST Legendary speedrun, Assassins Creed, Modern Warfare 2 veteran speedrun (after i beat the game, same with ODST)

I can't really decide, but otherwise I honestly haven't done much in one sitting. I got 55% of GTA4 done in one sitting, leaving about 4 hours before I got Liberty City Minute..

i dont give a fuck a million dollars im a samurai

BBS Signature
TheMaster
TheMaster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to Biggest Accomplishment in 1 Sitting Jan. 15th, 2010 @ 09:16 PM Reply

I did Uncharted 2 in a sitting the day it came out.

And yeah, I did Bladder of Steel/Platinum Artist.

PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature
Oliver
Oliver
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to Biggest Accomplishment in 1 Sitting Jan. 15th, 2010 @ 11:19 PM Reply

I've done quite a bit, I've obviously done the Bladder of Steel.

I'm so epic that i've done it twice.

I've done Rock Band 1's Endless Setlist 3 times
Finished Gears of War 2 on insane without stopping.
Did 50 waves of horde solo on GoW2.
Finished Bioshock without stopping, then recovered my Gamertag so I lost all the achievements.
And I've also finished all the original Guitar Hero games in 1 sitting, up until World Tour.

Viri
Viri
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Biggest Accomplishment in 1 Sitting Jan. 15th, 2010 @ 11:57 PM Reply

I've beat MW2 in one sitting, FIRST TRY!

Hardcore 5 hours.

[Last.FM] [Steam ID]
Bros 4 lyfe (he dun did dis sig)

BBS Signature
Fezz
Fezz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Blank Slate
Response to Biggest Accomplishment in 1 Sitting Jan. 16th, 2010 @ 01:56 AM Reply

I beat Operation Anchorage. Then I was pissed because it was a waste of a DLC, even though I got sweet armor.

TheSquashedOrange
TheSquashedOrange
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Biggest Accomplishment in 1 Sitting Jan. 16th, 2010 @ 05:07 AM Reply

At 1/16/10 01:56 AM, Fezz wrote: I beat Operation Anchorage. Then I was pissed because it was a waste of a DLC, even though I got sweet armor.

That is actually quite impressive considering how glitchy it is...

The Guy who couldn't be bothered to think of a decent signiture...

funkymonkey77
funkymonkey77
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Biggest Accomplishment in 1 Sitting Jan. 16th, 2010 @ 05:41 AM Reply

Not my biggest accomplishment, but i did all of the finishing moves and got the 100G achievement for it on Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe in one sitting. What a boring saturday that was.

OMfGROTFLOL
Xbox Live Gamertag

BBS Signature
Trystlions
Trystlions
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Gamer
Response to Biggest Accomplishment in 1 Sitting Jan. 16th, 2010 @ 06:24 AM Reply

Finishing Medival 2 total war on one sitting

On easy

Proud Scotsman | PSN: Trystlions | Typing Useless Posts Since 2008

BBS Signature
WeirdJamFace
WeirdJamFace
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Gamer
Response to Biggest Accomplishment in 1 Sitting Jan. 16th, 2010 @ 06:54 AM Reply

I beat Crash 1 at my friends house in less then 3 hours.

Not very impressive actually...

Why yes, that IS a large collection of 1998 "Smithy's Favourite Times" Licenced Cereal Pop Toys!

BBS Signature
TT104
TT104
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Gamer
Response to Biggest Accomplishment in 1 Sitting Jan. 16th, 2010 @ 07:23 AM Reply

I died a total of 293 times beating Dead Space on Impossible difficulty in one day...

Beating it isnt my accomplishment. Thats the most ive ever died in any game ever.

Somebody call for an exterminator?

mrpwnzer
mrpwnzer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to Biggest Accomplishment in 1 Sitting Jan. 16th, 2010 @ 09:15 AM Reply

In Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2, I finished Ayane's chapter (chapter 11) on master ninja and on the chapter challenge.
1st time, I died 68 times
2nd time, I died about 6 times

Xbox live: C0n Queso
PSN: A-Spiky-Kitten
Steam: Baby Diesel

BBS Signature
DeIirium
DeIirium
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Melancholy
Response to Biggest Accomplishment in 1 Sitting Jan. 16th, 2010 @ 09:56 AM Reply

Beating Contra.

Snuff
Snuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to Biggest Accomplishment in 1 Sitting Jan. 16th, 2010 @ 10:26 AM Reply

I finished MW2 for the first time in about 4 hours.

kamelona
kamelona
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Musician
Response to Biggest Accomplishment in 1 Sitting Jan. 16th, 2010 @ 10:26 AM Reply

At 1/15/10 08:49 PM, YeOldeSierra wrote: I went through the entire story of Oblivion in just over five hours for a friend.

Its hilarious, but I've never actually beaten the main story, I've beaten the dlc, and I've made an uber-beast character, but the main story is almost always trumped by sidequests.

BBS Signature
ProjektCOG
ProjektCOG
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Writer
Response to Biggest Accomplishment in 1 Sitting Jan. 16th, 2010 @ 10:36 AM Reply

Years ago, I once spent a whole day playing Pokemon Silver, in the time I spent doing so, I beat the johto map, caught all the rare pokemon, beat the kanto map and beat Ash on Mt Silver. It was a long and tireing day indeed.

BBS Signature
kamelona
kamelona
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Musician
Response to Biggest Accomplishment in 1 Sitting Jan. 16th, 2010 @ 10:51 AM Reply

Uh...I almost beat Windwaker in one sitting. Up to the part where I had to find pieces of the triforce using maps and fishing. At that point I just said "fuck this"

BBS Signature
Racoonmario
Racoonmario
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Blank Slate
Response to Biggest Accomplishment in 1 Sitting Jan. 16th, 2010 @ 10:56 AM Reply

I had invited a friend of mine over to my house and we played started a new game in Super Mario World. We unlocked every path imaginable, went to the Secret World and all. In the end we both had like 60+ lives.

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.

BBS Signature
Balazeal
Balazeal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Melancholy
Response to Biggest Accomplishment in 1 Sitting Jan. 16th, 2010 @ 11:33 AM Reply

I beat Stranglehold in one sitting.

sushi13
sushi13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Gamer
Response to Biggest Accomplishment in 1 Sitting Jan. 16th, 2010 @ 11:38 AM Reply

I survived for a total of 8 days 14 hours on Dead Rising's infinite mode which is over 16.5 hours in real time. I just sat in front of the TV the whole time reading one of the Dark Tower books which I read practically all of over the course of the day. I did go to the toilet and get food though so it doesn't technically count but I think it's impressive nonetheless.

I also spent about 6 hours playing L4D Blood Harvest on expert difficulty and didn't leave my chair the whole time.

Letiger
Letiger
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Melancholy
Response to Biggest Accomplishment in 1 Sitting Jan. 16th, 2010 @ 11:58 AM Reply

I beat MGS4 in one sitting while watching 800% of the cutscenes.

BBS Signature
Letiger
Letiger
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Melancholy
Response to Biggest Accomplishment in 1 Sitting Jan. 16th, 2010 @ 11:59 AM Reply

At 1/16/10 11:58 AM, letiger wrote: I beat MGS4 in one sitting while watching 800% of the cutscenes.

I mean 80% of them. How did I get that wrong?

BBS Signature
gmanthesandwhichking
gmanthesandwhichking
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Biggest Accomplishment in 1 Sitting Jan. 16th, 2010 @ 02:17 PM Reply

This isn't my biggest but I had gotten from about 14 to like 43 missions done in GTA 3 in one sitting.

"Make art, not war." - Shepard Fairey

BBS Signature
Stretchysumo
Stretchysumo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Gamer
Response to Biggest Accomplishment in 1 Sitting Jan. 16th, 2010 @ 02:58 PM Reply

Getting the achievement for beating level 100 in gauntlet, or beating the endless setlist in rock band 2.

PSN ID/Gamertag: KittensWithBeer

BBS Signature
ArmouredGRIFFON
ArmouredGRIFFON
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Reader
Response to Biggest Accomplishment in 1 Sitting Jan. 16th, 2010 @ 03:22 PM Reply

Last night me and Adam did Serious Sam HD on Serious, at +100% enemy strength (health) difficulty, and +100% enemy health difficulty per player, making it 200%++ health per enemy with, and we had 10 lives between us per level.

It got pretty intense. NO SERIOUS BOMB?!

Kleers can take 4 rockets >:(

Your friendly neighbourhood devils advocate.

BBS Signature
Chdonga
Chdonga
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Game Developer
Response to Biggest Accomplishment in 1 Sitting Jan. 16th, 2010 @ 03:25 PM Reply

I beat Kirby Squeak Squad the same day I bought it and got a hundred percent sometime around midnight.

BBS Signature
Fezz
Fezz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Blank Slate
Response to Biggest Accomplishment in 1 Sitting Jan. 16th, 2010 @ 05:27 PM Reply

I almost did Rogue Warrior in one sitting, but I felt like masturbating.

AgentXRifle
AgentXRifle
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Biggest Accomplishment in 1 Sitting Jan. 16th, 2010 @ 05:31 PM Reply

Super Mario Sunshine (all shines except blue coins)
Starcraft Broodwar campaign no cheats