New Topic Respond to this Topic
JKAmovies
JKAmovies
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Artist
Response to The Australian Club 2010-01-31 04:45:48 Reply

At 1/31/10 04:20 AM, sushi13 wrote: You're talking about Left4Dead2 right? I'd be pissed off to find that the original L4D was censored as well.

Yeah. . . There excuse for censoring L4D2 was that the zombies looked more realistic than the first. . . wtf! they're zombies, how in hell is a massive Tank realistic in anyway to a normal human. It is quite violent as well, but what isn't nowadays. I've played way worse than L4D that aren't censored. . . It's seriously totally ridiculous.

I thought Kevin Rudd was gunna do better to Australian not turn it into China.

NDC: 2011 ~ Twitter ~ Artwork ~ ©JKA

BBS Signature
Kuoke
Kuoke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Artist
Response to The Australian Club 2010-01-31 05:19:20 Reply

At 1/31/10 04:45 AM, JKAmovies wrote: I thought Kevin Rudd was gunna do better to Australian not turn it into China.

I thought that was his plan from the start? It's ironic really, taking a worse off nation to base your progress on. I went there for a 'holiday' once. Aside from instantly getting sick on landing, it's just not a place you'd want to live in, everything seemed depressing, and the grey smog that coveted everything in the horizon didn't exactly help either.

Wait a minute, this isn't a thread about China!

But my perception of their living may be skewed due to Australia being 2nd on the HDI list.

Yeah I didn't want Rudd when the election was going on, but his dastardly catchy 'Kevin 07' scheme seemed to reward him nicely.

BBS Signature
PabMo
PabMo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to The Australian Club 2010-01-31 13:20:17 Reply

Games being censored in Australia confuses me. I mean if the rating's 18+ then who ever purchases the game is an adult and can decide for themselves if they want a violent video game or not. Is there a petition or group against this I can support? If so link.

On another note. Can we all add each other on Facebook? Here's mine.

Gorzahg
Gorzahg
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Movie Buff
Response to The Australian Club 2010-01-31 20:48:06 Reply

Stupid censorship, evil internet filter... I call for revolution. Who's with me?!

Winz/Drawz/Banz
LULZ 4 TEH LULZ GOD!!1 HAPPY FAICS 4 TEH THRONE OF HAPPY FAICS!11

sushi13
sushi13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Gamer
Response to The Australian Club 2010-01-31 21:56:58 Reply

Look on the bright side: the main factor in video game censorship is the Attorney General from South Australia. To create an R18+ rating for video games all the Attorney Generals need to agree and it's just SA that wont. Chances are that as soon as he's gone it'll happen. And until then you can always get your games from the UK which is most likely cheaper for new releases as well.

As for the internet censorship it'll be a damned miracle if that legislation actually passes. And in the incredibily unlikely event that it does pass it's not possible for the censorship to come into effect until at least feb/march 2011 and probably wont until much later because the major elections will be march/april 2011 and ol' Krudd wont want to introduce something so controversial just before elections.

ParadoxVoid
ParadoxVoid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Programmer
Response to The Australian Club 2010-01-31 22:35:29 Reply

At 1/31/10 05:19 AM, Kuoke wrote: Yeah I didn't want Rudd when the election was going on, but his dastardly catchy 'Kevin 07' scheme seemed to reward him nicely.

Funnily enough, I was pretty pro-Labor when the election was on 3 years ago. He seemed to have a lot of good policies, but it's the shit ones he's obviously snuck under the radar that I didn't notice.

Aussie Club | TF2 Crew | TJPPC
Steam, Xfire: ParadoxVoid | Gamertag: TheFinalParadox

BBS Signature
JKAmovies
JKAmovies
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Artist
Response to The Australian Club 2010-02-01 01:11:11 Reply

At 1/31/10 10:35 PM, ParadoxVoid wrote: Funnily enough, I was pretty pro-Labor when the election was on 3 years ago. He seemed to have a lot of good policies, but it's the shit ones he's obviously snuck under the radar that I didn't notice.

I was the same, I was barracking for Kevin, mainly because of all those good things he said like all school students get a laptop (didn't happen) and all the change in Australia's health and whatnot (I really haven't noticed much different either).

At 1/31/10 01:20 PM, PabMo wrote: Games being censored in Australia confuses me. I mean if the rating's 18+ then who ever purchases the game is an adult and can decide for themselves if they want a violent video game or not. Is there a petition or group against this I can support? If so link.

The government see passed that and always think of the children. It's the exact case as of why they're green lighting the internet censorship. . . Because children can enter and see various different resources through internet, that being violence or sexuality. Well at least that's what I think anyway.

On another note. Can we all add each other on Facebook? Here's mine.

Sorry, but I usually only add friend to FB if I know them personally (in person).

Although, if we ever to plan a NG meet, I guess I'd accept whoever would be going because it's an easy way to contact and message each other.

BBS Signature
PabMo
PabMo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to The Australian Club 2010-02-01 02:05:42 Reply

At 2/1/10 01:11 AM, JKAmovies wrote: think of the children.

The reason I have an issue with them doing this is... it's not a game FOR children so what's the point censoring it for children. In the end if the child (underage teenager I suppose) wants the uncensored game he/she can get it (internet). So it's ruined for the rest of us (the age group the game is intended for) for no reason. It also promotes illegal download of the game and ends up being detrimental to their sales. What the hell is Australia thinking?

Kuoke
Kuoke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Artist
Response to The Australian Club 2010-02-01 02:17:17 Reply

At 2/1/10 01:11 AM, JKAmovies wrote: I was the same, I was barracking for Kevin, mainly because of all those good things he said like all school students get a laptop (didn't happen)

This did happen, or at least it happened in my school. ...But by 'every student', they meant 'every student in year 9 and under - because they obviously need it to ... Wait, what? They don't need it AT ALL.

Outrage.

It doesn't matter though, because they weren't laptops, they were netbooks. They're actually really bad. You might as well call it 'a really bad external hard drive that you can occasionally type shit on if you didn't mind the health problems associated with using laptops.' Their generation is gonna be fucked with back and eye problems, I'd have to say.

Either way, Kruddy lied.

BBS Signature
JKAmovies
JKAmovies
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Artist
Response to The Australian Club 2010-02-01 03:56:38 Reply

At 2/1/10 02:05 AM, PabMo wrote: The reason I have an issue with them doing this is... it's not a game FOR children so what's the point censoring it for children.

My point exactly. . .

At 2/1/10 02:17 AM, Kuoke wrote: This did happen, or at least it happened in my school. ...But by 'every student', they meant 'every student in year 9 and under - because they obviously need it to ... Wait, what? They don't need it AT ALL.

Oh, yeah. . . To think of it, our school has it as well, but I never knew about it until just yesterday. But my main point is that Kevin Rudd promised more than he could give.

BBS Signature
ParadoxVoid
ParadoxVoid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Programmer
Response to The Australian Club 2010-02-01 07:49:58 Reply

At 2/1/10 02:05 AM, PabMo wrote: The reason I have an issue with them doing this is... it's not a game FOR children so what's the point censoring it for children. In the end if the child (underage teenager I suppose) wants the uncensored game he/she can get it (internet). So it's ruined for the rest of us (the age group the game is intended for) for no reason. It also promotes illegal download of the game and ends up being detrimental to their sales. What the hell is Australia thinking?

When politicians are protecting the children, they don't let silly things like common sense get in the way.

Aussie Club | TF2 Crew | TJPPC
Steam, Xfire: ParadoxVoid | Gamertag: TheFinalParadox

BBS Signature
PabMo
PabMo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to The Australian Club 2010-02-01 12:54:05 Reply

At 2/1/10 07:49 AM, ParadoxVoid wrote: When politicians are protecting the children, they don't let silly things like common sense get in the way.

It's because their parents never let them have 'Pong'.

Just mentioning (because I sometimes don't respond): All of the corrections/additions (for the user list) I've received via PM and seen in the thread, I have written down and noted. So continue to send them.

Fion
Fion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Blank Slate
Response to The Australian Club 2010-02-01 21:00:55 Reply

May aswell come post here. Got a PM from CloudEater. I'm 18 and from VIC, eastern suburbs. Just recently enrolled in uni at Swinburne.

How's everyone doing?

BBS Signature
Redleif
Redleif
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to The Australian Club 2010-02-01 23:28:51 Reply

Cheers for the PM, CloudEater. I'd like to join this aussie club.

Is anyone here from Perth?

I hate video games.

sushi13
sushi13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Gamer
Response to The Australian Club 2010-02-02 08:54:47 Reply

At 2/1/10 07:49 AM, ParadoxVoid wrote:
At 2/1/10 02:05 AM, PabMo wrote: The reason I have an issue with them doing this is... it's not a game FOR children so what's the point censoring it for children. In the end if the child (underage teenager I suppose) wants the uncensored game he/she can get it (internet). So it's ruined for the rest of us (the age group the game is intended for) for no reason. It also promotes illegal download of the game and ends up being detrimental to their sales. What the hell is Australia thinking?
When politicians are protecting the children, they don't let silly things like common sense get in the way.

All politicians are lying, hypocritical sacks of crap and have been for thousands of years. We should be thankful; Australia is often voted and decided on various criteria as being one of the best, if not the absolute best, places to live on the planet and I would agree. I've traveled all over the world and there's nowhere I'd rather be.

ShortMonkey
ShortMonkey
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to The Australian Club 2010-02-02 18:51:57 Reply

At 2/1/10 11:28 PM, J-Flash wrote: Is anyone here from Perth?

I'm not from Perth but I've been there. Nice place - everything is so close to everything! I'm assuming you go for Eagles, yeah?

BBS Signature
JKAmovies
JKAmovies
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Artist
Response to The Australian Club 2010-02-03 00:44:57 Reply

At 2/2/10 08:54 AM, sushi13 wrote: We should be thankful; Australia is often voted and decided on various criteria as being one of the best, if not the absolute best, places to live on the planet and I would agree. I've traveled all over the world and there's nowhere I'd rather be.

I've heard and been told that as well that Australia is one of the best places to live, and I'd rather not be anywhere else either, I love Australia, but much like many other country's, there are always many different problems and situations.

BBS Signature
sushi13
sushi13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Gamer
Response to The Australian Club 2010-02-03 08:53:44 Reply

Just in case anyone hasn't seen the latest viral video to come out of Australia yet:
Worker looking at pictures of Miranda Kerr in background of Seven News Report.
God bless the internet!

ShortMonkey
ShortMonkey
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to The Australian Club 2010-02-03 17:43:14 Reply

At 2/3/10 08:53 AM, sushi13 wrote: Just in case anyone hasn't seen the latest viral video to come out of Australia yet:
God bless the internet!

HAHA! AHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! That is epic!

BBS Signature
sushi13
sushi13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Gamer
Response to The Australian Club 2010-02-04 00:17:06 Reply

At 2/3/10 05:43 PM, ShortMonkey wrote:
At 2/3/10 08:53 AM, sushi13 wrote: Just in case anyone hasn't seen the latest viral video to come out of Australia yet:
God bless the internet!
HAHA! AHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! That is epic!

The look on his face when he realises what's happening is priceless.

JKAmovies
JKAmovies
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Artist
Response to The Australian Club 2010-02-04 00:53:25 Reply

God bless the internet!

Hahaha. Imagine how that guy felt after that XD

BBS Signature
sushi13
sushi13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Gamer
Response to The Australian Club 2010-02-04 07:52:18 Reply

At 2/4/10 12:53 AM, JKAmovies wrote:
God bless the internet!
Hahaha. Imagine how that guy felt after that XD

Even though he was only looking at pictures of a bikini model he'll probably still get fired and if he has a wife or girlfriend he might get dumped as well. Serves him right for being such an idiot.

CloudEater
CloudEater
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to The Australian Club 2010-02-04 07:52:47 Reply

Does anyone else think it would be cool if heaps of us got together and painted a reasonably big NG Australia mural or something like that? Any SA ppl want to join me and make a smaller one in the city somewhere?

Fion
Fion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Blank Slate
Response to The Australian Club 2010-02-04 20:31:30 Reply

At 2/4/10 07:52 AM, CloudEater wrote: Does anyone else think it would be cool if heaps of us got together and painted a reasonably big NG Australia mural or something like that? Any SA ppl want to join me and make a smaller one in the city somewhere?

Newgrounds tank in dot painting anyone?

BBS Signature
ShortMonkey
ShortMonkey
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to The Australian Club 2010-02-04 21:33:37 Reply

At 2/4/10 07:52 AM, sushi13 wrote: Even though he was only looking at pictures of a bikini model he'll probably still get fired and if he has a wife or girlfriend he might get dumped as well. Serves him right for being such an idiot.

Apparently someone else in the office sent him the picture in an email, and wrote in the email, "now turn around". So yeah, if what I heard is correct, he got pranked. If anyone would get fired, it'd probably be the pranker. Awesome prank anyhow. I LOVE YOU, PRANKER IN BANK!

BBS Signature
PabMo
PabMo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to The Australian Club 2010-02-04 23:04:23 Reply

At 2/4/10 07:52 AM, sushi13 wrote: if he has a wife or girlfriend he might get dumped as well.

Dumped for looking at pictures? How? You must have been with some over-sensitive women.

At 2/4/10 07:52 AM, CloudEater wrote: Does anyone else think it would be cool if heaps of us got together and painted a reasonably big NG Australia mural or something like that? Any SA ppl want to join me and make a smaller one in the city somewhere?

Like I said in chat. Sounds illegal or difficult to organize. But I do like the idea.

Ant-Boy
Ant-Boy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to The Australian Club 2010-02-05 00:35:55 Reply

sup...I just felt like saying something...oh yeah that's right. I'm not gonna get GTA IV anymore, ima get Fallout 3. Oh and by the way, the UN rated Australia 2nd best place to live, the first was Netherlands or some shit.

Gamertag: AntonyMac

BBS Signature
sushi13
sushi13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Gamer
Response to The Australian Club 2010-02-05 04:12:03 Reply

At 2/4/10 11:04 PM, PabMo wrote:
At 2/4/10 07:52 AM, sushi13 wrote: if he has a wife or girlfriend he might get dumped as well.
Dumped for looking at pictures? How? You must have been with some over-sensitive women.

I haven't personally been with anybody that bad but you know how some women get touchy about guys looking at half naked pictures of other women, especially when they're doing it live on national television and the video then goes viral and people all over the world watch it. I can imagine him getting chucked or at least sleeping on the couch for a few nights.

CloudEater
CloudEater
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to The Australian Club 2010-02-05 06:13:02 Reply

At 2/4/10 11:04 PM, PabMo wrote:
Like I said in chat. Sounds illegal or difficult to organize. But I do like the idea.

I'm sure there's a way to do it legally, I'll just have to figure out how. If there were only a 4 or less people working on it, it shouldn't be too hard to organise

At 2/4/10 08:31 PM, Fion wrote:
At 2/4/10 07:52 AM, CloudEater wrote: Does anyone else think it would be cool if heaps of us got together and paint.....
Newgrounds tank in dot painting anyone?

That could be cool, with some splatter effetcs here and there.

PabMo
PabMo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to The Australian Club 2010-02-05 06:45:08 Reply

At 2/5/10 06:13 AM, CloudEater wrote: If there were only a 4 or less people working on it, it shouldn't be too hard to organise.

As soon as someone finds me a disguise to wear, I'm in.